PDA

View Full Version : Other RP Forums...

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:11:27 PM
I was just taking a look on the net, in search of other Forums to compare to here. And man--there is nothing out there as good as SWFans.net! This place rules, and that's it. :D

Anybody know of any other good Fantasy Forums? Even Star Wars--I was just curious.

Darren Caerdeth
Dec 9th, 2002, 11:38:54 PM
This is honestly the best place ive found. I admire the fact that its an extremely professional board, yet not only does it house the closest Net community ive ever seen, but the admins are down to earth and friendly. Other places ive seen, the admins are friendly, but they let the site go to waste, or other that have a good site, but the administration is a group of nazis.....

Overall, Im proud to be here :)

Oh...and btw.....I hold Meras in the same respect also, though the two pretty much go hand in hand with me :)

Starr
Dec 9th, 2002, 11:41:32 PM
Most definatly the best out there.

Such a well maintained board, with exceptional staff. It really becomes a close community.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:47:09 PM
As in *recent* RP forums?

As of now, I honestly don't think anything can compete with SWF.

Hopefully, in the future, SWR will be able to, but right now, it's just way to small in the member area.

In the Past, I'd have said TGC.. but uh... yeah... I don't do crack.

And TRF use to be a great place to RP, and fun... until a few decided to be pricks and ruin it for the rest... That place went down the tubes quicker than anything I have seen. Which is sad, cause I use to love that place...

Also in the past, the TF.N JC forums were the best of the best...

but corruption and a thriving base of n.e.w.b.i.e.s. ruined it. That, and the staff were hypocrytical bastards.

/Rant

TheHolo.Net
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:39:05 PM
I am pleased to hear such things from members of our community. We do our best to provide a fun environment that makes people want to keep coming back and to invite their friends and neighbors to come see, and we will continue to do so because it is our pleasure too. :)

We are going into our fifth year soon and hopefully some time in the future we can say the same about it being our tenth year. :D

Shawn
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:47:17 PM
In the Past, I'd have said TGC.. but uh... yeah... I don't do crack.:lol

Most of the messageboards I frequent are either Tech Sites or related to specific games. I'm afraid that I really don't know of any other major Fantasy boards.

Just to repeat Mr. Net: We try our best to keep this place a friendly community with several viable and active sections. :)

Silus Xilarian
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:54:51 PM
^_^; good work

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:42:39 AM
For clarification: This is the best friggin place to Roleplay on the net. Period. I absolutely love the joint, and I have tried a few others and they suck.

To Mr. Net and Shawn--you guys do awesome. Your work is so very much appreciated (not that you don't hear this on a daily basis by your numerous loyal subjects :D) and you make this place the great place it is.

I was just simply searching for other forums/styles to peruse. This is still my home. :)

Dae Jinn
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:59:00 PM
The only one I can think of is SWR :\ It's small though. There's Meras too, which I love as much as SWFans (sometimes more than SWF...:lol especially when there are late night posting sprees!) I know my sister rps at a few ezboards that her friends run...but I doubt you'd wanna rp Sailor Moon! :lol

JMK
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:10:12 PM
Who wouldn't want to RP Sailor Moon? Where do I sign up? :lol

Dae Jinn
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:28:59 PM
I'll find out the url and set you up. Maybe you can play Tuxedo Max JMK ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 16th, 2002, 01:58:28 AM
Fifth year?

(Thinks)

March 12 1999 is when I got to Jawafortress.
ay / June was the move to Ezboard. Troll wars then about then Itala Marzullo decared TSC and Sir Dizzy the next day declared the Jedi COuncil...

Crap, I will be in my fifth year in this place! Well I'll be jiggered

Taylor Millard
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:20:49 AM
Gee and I'm still a baby...I only been here a year anna half. Ah well.

I'll tell ya I wouldn't have stayed if it wasn't the professionalism of the RPers here (well most of them) and the staff itself.

I sure enjoy my time here.

Sean Piett
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:59:11 PM
Four years for me.

Dae Jinn
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:03:42 AM
About two for me, with breaks when I didn't have net access....:rolleyes I always come back though...:lol

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:01:41 AM
2 and a half for me.

Angelica Shin
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:00:10 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
The only one I can think of is SWR :\ It's small though. There's Meras too, which I love as much as SWFans (sometimes more than SWF...:lol especially when there are late night posting sprees!) I know my sister rps at a few ezboards that her friends run...but I doubt you'd wanna rp Sailor Moon! :lol

All of thems are Dead, and my one friend only wants people she knows RPing at hers.

:mneh!

Dae Jinn
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:10:39 PM
Well, I'll introduce her to JMK then :) :lol

Morgan Evanar
Dec 25th, 2002, 11:21:50 PM
Net: We try our best to keep this place a friendly community

By not making me an admin. ^_^

TheHolo.Net
Dec 25th, 2002, 11:23:54 PM
:lol

JMK
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:54:30 AM
I've been around since June 99. Over 3 years now. :D

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 26th, 2002, 07:55:13 AM
2 Years for me.

And, I know of a few boards... though they are all on EzBoard.

http://pub20.ezboard.com/bthesantharianrpgboard (http://www.santharia.com/)
http://thewayward.50megs.com