PDA

View Full Version : I guess you could call it training (Raymious)

Dios Kane
Dec 9th, 2002, 04:20:44 PM
:: I sat in the middle of the training room and sighed. Maia and I had agreed on sharing the job of training of few of her padawans and she had mentioned something about a guy named Raymious. Sounded like a cool padawan so I had figured I just get some exercise. I had sent him a message to meet me in the combat center. He'd be here any mintue. But until then, I reached into my jacket and pulled out my flask and took a swig of the potent drink contained within. I took a snif of it and then replaced it within my jacket. I stood up and took a stretch.::

Raymious
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:48:47 PM
Raymious was walking toward the Bar and Grill when he heard a voice inside of his head. He didn't recognize the voice, but thought that he should do what the caller wished. As he made his way to the Jedi academy, the young padawan thought of who it could be. He could think of no one that he knew right off hand, but he would soon find out. Whoever it was, wanted something to do with the young padawan learner, and he was going to find out what it was.

As he entered the doors to the Jedi academy, he saw a man stretching and knew that it was a jedi. The main reason was because there were no sith allowed to the jedi academy. As Raymious made his way over to the man, he wondered who it was. The jedi padawan learner stood in front of the jedi, suposedly an Knight, because a padawan cannot train another padawan learner.

Hello. I am Raymiou. I suppose that you are the one that had summoned me here. Well, here I am. Is there something that you wanted?

Dios Kane
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:06:07 PM
:: I brushed a hand through my hair with a smile as the padawan spoke.::

Be aware young Raymius. I summoned you and if I was a padawan or not, it wouldn't matter. Training is something you shouldnt trndown because of rank. My friends were all padawans and we trained together until knighthood. Training is your focus into the force, that's all. But life is the force and living it is all you need to now how to do.

:: I pulled my flask out and took a quick swig before standing.::

Maia Tharrin is my wife and I believe that she is you master, is she not? Well anyways, I'm going to train you for today. Are you skilled in lightsaber deuls at all?

Raymious
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:04:09 PM
Raymious hung on every word that the Jedi Knight said. Raymious envied him. He was a Jedi, and his two companions wre the force and another person who was as much in the force as he was. Being a Knight is no simple act. It is something that you work hard for. You dont just get ranked up to knighthood overnight. So knowing that, the young jedi padawan could just imagine how much training Dios Kane had gone through. Although he is now a Jedi Knight. He will still need to go through a lot of training to become a Jedi Master. Raymious thought about all of the Jedi Masters that he had heard of throughout his life. The oldest jedi that the young jedi could think of off hand was Master Yoghurt.

As he walked forward he calmed himself and let himself become one with the force. Only certain people were able to become jedi, and the young man was one of those certain people who was able to have the privalege to become a protector of the peace.

Yes, she is my master. And she is very talented when it comes to teaching. And she is also very skilled with the force as you already know. And to answer your question, Yes I am trained in the ancient arts of lightsaber combat.

Dios Kane
Dec 15th, 2002, 04:11:04 PM
:: I smiled for a moment. She was my master too... hmph, and she did train very well and she was very skilled in the force. The pride I held for my wife coulda burst as this kid spoke. ::

But the main point of training is also to learn to never stray from the light. Its good to have returned to the light but its better never to leave it. Some people say there is no darkside and there is no lightside. And that a jedi must only be of the lightside. The why do some of us fight? Why do some of us go looking for the trouble that the lightside should've already found and dealt with? Because we live in a realistic universe where people are born rich or poor and die quickly or slowly.

:: I had to come up with a way to warn this kid from the ways of the sith while still showing that I was not a hypocrite. I had been the cause of Fiend, my own decisions spawning the evil side of me and giving it its own sentience. It was evil, meaning that in the source, there had been some evil somewhere. The darkness of Fiend doesn't just pop up out of nowhere. It had to be fed... I had failed then but I had been forgiven and returned to the light. Returned to Maia...::

Yeah... so anyways... glad you're skilled in the lightsaber. Its the best defense a jedi could ask for, it accompanied with the force make you a shield for others and those around you. It is not a sword or weapon, but a shield. Think of it that way.
But, you cannot protect others by blocks and deflections alone. The perfect defense is the perfect offense. There are ways to get around the brute strength of an opponent and ways to get around the force enhanced speed also. Its all strategy and tactics. Using the force to put yourself a step ahead of the opponent and to counter everything thrown at you while making your own adjustments in the field.
Its like chess, you must make your move to continue. But you must learn to move your knights and get your queen out but still protect her at all times. Maybe I'm using too many examples here but its your hand to deal and you can call or fold anytime.

:: I stepped back and my orange saber hissed out, the noise of expelled energy dying away as the air around it stabilized.::

Raymious
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:08:47 PM
Raymious knew that what Dios Kane was saying was true. So the young Jedi Padawan learner would remember his words and he would put them to good use. The man standing before Dios Kane, a Jedi Knight, would not become one of those Jedi who think that because they can use the force, that also means that they cant be harmed. That is not true. That is the total opposte of what Raymious wanted. He knew that he could die at any moment. He was nt indestructable like many Jedi think they are. It can be Padawan, Knight, or Master. It does not matter. They can all be hurt in one way or another.

I know what you say is true. I have searched my feelings and have found them to be true. There is no lie to what you say. I thank you for offering this information, and I will put it to good use.

Calming himself, letting the force flow freely throughout himself. And also feeling the force pulse with life from the other symbiont being that is standing directly across from him. The force was life to the young Jedi Padawan. Being a Jedi, is not some easy task that you can learn and then move on to something better. It is a privelege to be a Jedi. It is something that you train you whole life to become. Unclipping the hilt of is lightsaber, Raymious ignited his arcane weapon and watched as the white blade extended outward and hummed with life.

I know that the force is not a crutch. You never use the force for attack. I will try my hardest to show you what your beloved wife has taught me so far.

Thinking of Maia Tharrin brough back memories. Some painful. And some pleasant. He could remember the first time he had met her. It was in the Greater Jedi Order. The place he was now in. In Master Yoghurts Bar and Grill. But that was the past. Now was the future. Raymious waited in his battle stance, waiting for Dios Kane to make the first move...

Dios Kane
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:31:59 PM
Do so...

:: My saber slowly drifted back and forth as I stepped forward. I suddenly lunged, using the force to enhance my speed. I was to teach him a lesson. I knew how Sith fought, ruthless. I was nt uthles but Raymious needed to learn how to use his force as a shield. The attack came in, my orange saber like a lightning bolt, sudden and unexpected but still predicatble if the padwan had opened himself to the force.::

Raymious
Dec 19th, 2002, 03:51:18 PM
Raymious nodded to what Dios Kane had just said. He would try his best, no doubt. Watching the Jedi Knight manuver his body with his lightsaber in hand, was like watching a dance take place. It was wonderful. The young Jedi Padawan could see that his opponent was very skilled at the Jedi arts. The orange blade moved like lightning. Ryamious reacted, like a Jedi Padawan learner should do, but he did not find it easy. It was not easy at all.

With precise action, the young Jedi twirled his arm in a horizontal swinging motion. His lightsaber moving very fast. Cutting through the air. Dios parried the blow from Raymious with ease Raymious could tell. Calming himslef, he could again feel the foce flowing through himself.

Swinging his blade in a vertical motion, letting the force guide him, he was not intending to harm the Jedi knight in any way, shape or form. Raymious only wanted to prove himself. His blade moved like a bolt of white lightning. It was a white blur. And the hilt could not be seen easily. Hoping that his opponent would parry, he kept his blade on its course...

Dios Kane
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:40:31 PM
:: My eyes glistened as I continued my "dance." That was the best thing to call it. I had been taught an old sword skill long before learning the arts of lightsaber duels and "dancing" had actually been the gist of it. I had blocked the padawan's first attack as he had blocked mine. He came in vertically, the white saber driving like bolts from a storm at sea.
My shoulders rolled and my torso twisted as the anticipated attack came in, my body slowly but like water, glided to the side with force enhanced precision. But my saber nonetheless came up to meet Raymious' weapon. He needed to learn a few things and I would teach him.
My saber was a hybrid of many other saber plans I had seen but the intensity modifier was my favorite. It actually determined my chance of winning or not and the move was so subtle that I did unconciously when in a real battle, making so another force user couldn't predict the action. But I let the oppurtunity shine for the padawan and gave away amusement on my part nothing else.
The saber came up and the orange beam seemed to pass right through the padawan's. I twisted my blade and deflected his attack as the intensity was raised once more. His blade was knocked back and I kicked out to his abdomen. The kick was given, he should be able to stop it. Sith didn't fight with sabers alone.::