PDA

View Full Version : diablo

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Dec 9th, 2002, 04:09:23 PM
which one is best. Diablo 1 or diablo 2. which has better graphics.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 9th, 2002, 05:38:16 PM
I like the animation and gameplay of 1 better but two looks prettier when its not moving. 2 also has much nicer lighting if you have a solid videocard and PC (800mhz, Geforce 2)

Zasz Grimm
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:29:24 AM
I would have to say I like 2 most. I play D2 LOD and I love it, All the strategies you can go with each type of character class are nearly endless. But if you play it for an overly long time, you will get bored. I am waiting for Patch 1.10 to go back to playing.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:06:01 PM
I have held off buying D2 LOD for about a year now. I have this thing against buying Expansion packs which cost more then 19.99.

Raymious
Dec 19th, 2002, 04:06:40 PM
ok....

Andraq Novkar
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:52:21 AM
I assure you it's worth it. There's nothing like the trash talk of a Barbarian duelist thinking they can stomp an Amazon. Then you whip out the Windforce and open up a can.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 20th, 2002, 07:39:54 AM
Liked to play Diablo 1 much more than II. Actually managed to finish I without boredom setting in

Andraq Novkar
Dec 20th, 2002, 11:57:55 AM
Diablo 1 had more intense quests I think. And you were scared too, cause if you were killed by a monster, all your gear falls to the ground. And that way you have to find a way to get it again.

However, if you played online and other people were there, some were punks and stole your gear. But sometime you find the nice people who give it all back.

Darren Caerdeth
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:37:23 PM
Diablo 1 was overrun by by cheaters. While some cheating has turned up on D2, its no where near as bad. As far as actual gameplay goes, I find D2 better, and the expansion, IMO changes the game drastically...

D1 had a better feeling to it, I think....maybe it was because it was the first taste of the storyline for everyone, All in all though, I find d2 to be drastically better than D1...

Oh and Andraq, I dont use Barbarians, but with a few certain items, they can give an Amazon hell....

Admiral Lebron
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:20:13 AM
Paladins are gods. Enough said.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:50:22 PM
Paladins are fun....Im working on a pally right now thats girt for killing Sorcs (and Amazons too, soon)

Right now, hes got his resistances maxed in hell difficulty, without using the Salvation Aura....Ive got Fanticism maxed, and after items, its at level 23...perrfect melee aura.....

Right now im maxing out my charge skill for one hit kills while dueling....

All i need is some good body armor and ive created a frikkin Tank :)

Zasz Grimm
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:20:21 PM
My druid slaughtered you Silus. >=D

And correction, only some Barbarians. I've yet meet a barbarian to give my Zon hell.

But sadly, D2 closed realms are going down the drain I believe, so much cheating. Fuse programs, dupes, hacks. It's starting to get annoying.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 25th, 2002, 08:11:53 PM
that character isnt done yet :)

You only got hit with a level 5 charge...it'll be 23 soon enough :)...

Back when I had my zon perfected, I got hold of one Barb that i couldnt kill....he didnt come right out and say it, but i think he had nearly maxed his physical and elemental resists....he wouldnt show me his items...

I shot him with Windforce about 20 times, and probably knocked off about a tenth of his life...then he caught me...leap attack, WW....it was over...

Darius Van-Derveld
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:13:29 PM
2 got better graphics..... but i always liked playing 1.

mind you, battlenet was overrun with sour PKs, ones who'd cheat baad to kill ya, not like the proper honest ones, who'd lie and trap and fight ya into a corner.....

i'd trap someone, but i never used to cheat.

Demonspike coat/helm. Windforce, interchanging with either Arcangels or Kings staff of apocalypse.

grand old days.

then someone, hacker-stylee, shows up, kills me, crashes my connection, and i go back and literally all my stuffs gone. even the stuff in my itinerary.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:31:06 PM
of course, unless you found those items yourself, then there was a 90% chance they were duped....I remember going into games and all the godly items and uniques would be laying on the ground, from people duping and dropping, just for the sake of cheating...

Darius Van-Derveld
Dec 31st, 2002, 12:46:02 PM
the Coat was my own, got that from an Advocate. Windforce i picked up somewhere in the lower levels, cant remember where. the staffs were duped, though not by me. i just used to pick up a new one whenever i needed one, there was always someone doing that wasnt there?

i think i got the helm from Fenrir_KO, but i dunno.
Is he even still around? i havent been there in years.