PDA

View Full Version : Question.

Ansatsu
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:31:53 AM
Hey if Ansatsu were to start up a fuma class or school maybe how many people here would join. If you think you would then voice your opinion pleaas. I would really appreciate it. You could learn the cool Fuma style. Well thanks guys. Oh yeah no hijacking.

P.S. There is a thread like this in Arcan too. So dont confuse me by posting here and there too.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 9th, 2002, 01:48:57 PM
What's fuma?

Starr
Dec 9th, 2002, 01:56:44 PM
Yeah I think it would better help your amount of responses if you told a little more detail about what your wanting to do. Just a suggestion.

Ansatsu
Dec 9th, 2002, 05:53:32 PM
Fuma is a martial arts style Satsa invented. It involves many fast and stealthy moves as well as force. It is very fun and as you progress from student to Assasin your uniform changes. It will involve moves such as you throw your fist out and if you dont hit them you can extend your spirit to connect with their face. It will be very fun and I just want to see how many would do it. You will also reach Fuma Ninja which is the equivalent of a Jedi Master. Ansatsu is a Fuma Ninja, but he is still reaching the level of knight. After he reaches Knight or Assasin he will start teaching. So by the time his first Student comes he can teach and he will still get stronger. So just give me some time, but post here for opinions and other stuff. Thanks alot guys.

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:01:57 PM
so basically you never miss your target?

Mr. Happy
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:32:00 PM
You will also reach Fuma Ninja which is the equivalent of a Jedi Master

It gets better...

Ansatsu is a Fuma Ninja

Seems this Fuma shindig is better than a bowl of wheaties! I'll be on the fast track for sure! I can see it now...FAMOUS!

Ansatsu
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:33:42 PM
You can miss because their is only a certain amount of times you can do this. Extending your spirit instead of force drains you. The punch however is very basic. You will be able to build your spirit through meditation. This takes a very long time though, and you can still miss. The spirit only extends so far. However when you reach the level of Grand Fuma Ninja you can do what Satsa does. However, like I said you can still miss, and you can get drained. So yeah thats about it.

Ansatsu
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:36:21 PM
Well Satsa is only called this because he is the original. He is no where near a master, but he just has the title. When he starts a class he is Grand Fuma Ninja because he stared the art. So do not think just cuz i have ther title right now I have those abilities. So yeah just dont think about that. It is not true, and I just use the title. Thank you.

Mr. Happy
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:15:24 PM
If I learn your real ultimate power, can I declare myself Lord of the Dance? The power of stealthy assassins is insignificant next to the power of tapdancing!

(Brandishes a set of points, and begins tapping away)

Ansatsu
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:16:37 PM
*slaps Mr.Happy*
No! You will not.
*Hides in the shadows and throws ninja stars at Happy*

Mr. Happy
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:17:28 PM
(Catches the stars in sequence, and begins to juggle them)

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:23:01 PM
Not to bash your idea or anything, but this sounds remarkably like Strider training, which raised a huge fuss recently. What exactly are you basing these powers on?

Mr. Happy
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:26:28 PM
Now that's not jolly at all! He was about to slatch my boady!

Ansatsu
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:31:34 PM
It will all come in due time. Now back to happy.

*jumps out of corner Quadra-saber drawn and starts to hack away at him*

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 9th, 2002, 11:48:25 PM
Quadra saber... hmm... quadra, root word quad... meaning four.

Hmm... either you have four sabers, or a saber with four blades... well, four sabers would be silly... so, four blades... hmm... what the crap you gonna do with four blades?

Lady Vader
Dec 9th, 2002, 11:52:41 PM
Cut himself?

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 9th, 2002, 11:58:09 PM
No, you forget, he's a Fuma Ninja. Of course, with a Quadra-Saber I'm sure he'll do nothing worse than commit seppuku in a totally, totally sweet manner.

Four times over.

Sanis Prent
Dec 9th, 2002, 11:59:38 PM
LOL!

Starr
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:21:02 AM
Well Star Wars takes president on this board, so I don't think Fuma Ninja is anywhere equivalent to Jedi Master.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:33:49 AM
Apart from not being in a good postion to laugh, which I did...

Well Star Wars takes president on this board, so I don't think Fuma Ninja is anywhere equivalent to Jedi Master.

Absolutly and totally.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 10th, 2002, 02:39:42 AM
Hmm... Considering the large number of supernatural creatures running around this board (most of them taken from White Wolf), you have to wonder how often that really applies.

Mr. Happy
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:01:52 AM
All the time. Why is it different?

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:05:34 PM
Well, Ansatsu intends to actually teach Fuma skills, so it's not like Strider training in that people can claim to have learned Fuma and be able to do all this stuff. It seems to me like Ansatsu intends to make it like an actual martial arts class. The whole system based on my understanding is that Fuma training will be similar to Jedi and Sith training in that a beginner can only do so much in the Fuma arts, while a higher ranked Fuma student could do more.

And as for Ansatsu being the master of it, I don't see why not. You can;t teach martial arts without a Master's hand to guide the students.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:15:48 PM
I'd rather not hijack the thread... PM me if you want to keep discussing it, Happy.

Sanis Prent
Dec 10th, 2002, 01:07:18 PM
But in acknowledging that SW powers take precedent, Fuma skill will never match force skill. That being said, the Jedi and Sith would always have the upper hand, with skill levels being equal.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 10th, 2002, 01:17:24 PM
Cool.

About that quad saber. Just because it has 4 blades does not mean that all 4 blades will be activated at once. In TPM Darth Maul only activates one blade to fight Qui Gon on Tatooine. Who is to say Ansatsu cannot do the same?

Sanis Prent
Dec 10th, 2002, 01:19:36 PM
Logic? Common sense?

Sejah Haversh
Dec 10th, 2002, 01:32:52 PM
Well, I'd rather not join the Fuma style, mainly on the reputation of the Master in charge of it.

Yes, Kung-Fu movies are fun and cool, but can also be utterly rediculous. Your bizillion throwing stars and unlimited darts get on my nerves, as does your attitude about getting beat harded makes you stronger. Nowhere in a physical universe is that true.

When you get hut, your body tries to heal, which takes more energy than it did before, so you become weaker and slower. After you've fully healed, unless you took some steroids to help with it, you'll be jsut as strong as you were before. No mental thing helps with that, except perhaps Kombat Ki, which mainly helps you from getting hurt int he first place, but takes nearly fifteen years to learn.

The quadra saber is mind-boggling, as I think it is like a tire iron with blades extending from it in each direction and that would be insade to fight with, and the lightsaber shruiken would have an exceedingly diffcult time flying straight due to no centrifugal force, and how would you throw it if the blades were plasma? You have to hold it by the blade to throw it.

But, it seems to me my main reason for not wanting to join this style is that it is catching whiffs of GM. Your ability to have any weapon is amazing, and your bionic limbs must have taken all of five hours to attach and ytou to grow accustomed with them. IT is an inane style, and I never care to fight against it for it takes all the fun out of writing a realistic battle. It is a lot like Strider training, I think, and as much as I'm not impressed by a lot of Strider powers, I don't see this as anything better.

Sanis Prent
Dec 10th, 2002, 01:35:03 PM
The quadra saber is mind-boggling, as I think it is like a tire iron with blades extending from it in each direction and that would be insade to fight with

That's exactly what I was thinking

Shawn
Dec 10th, 2002, 02:36:01 PM
no centrifugal forceI'd just like to point out that there is no such thing. "Centrifugal Force" is a made-up term. The concept you're thinking of is Centripetal Force.

To post my On-Topic opinion of the current conversation:

SW Powers > All.

Since you've made no mention, that I can tell, of a Fuma Ninja using the Force, even a Grand Fuma Ninja (http://www.realultimatepower.net/) would likely be outclassed by even a half-decent padawan / apprentice.

Sejah Haversh
Dec 10th, 2002, 02:40:36 PM
Thank you, Shawn, I used the wrong word. You the man

Mr. Happy
Dec 10th, 2002, 04:27:46 PM
Ansatsu, let me shoot it to you straight, specifically about the bionics. Having bionic appendages is one thing...and that is feasable. Even having weapons on the arms is doable too. However, look at it from another perspective, and take Jango or Boba Fett. Both of those guys carried all kinds of weapons on their arms and legs, but not in excess. Let me try to itemize:

Left arm:
Dart launcher
Blaster
Knife

Right arm:
Grappling wire
Flamethrower
Knife

Right leg:
2 darts
Shoe blade

Left leg:
2 darts
Shoe blade

See, you can have plenty of things and still be realistic. Yet, having "thousands of throwing stars and darts" fire from the appendages at once is NOT doable. Neither is having a grenade launcher inside your arm. Jet packs are a maybe...that could slide.

Keep in mind, you have to remember the machinery necessary to actually move your limbs takes up space. You can't keep an arsenal inside them. It would be best to change your approach on your bionics, for one.

Fuma, quadra saber, and light shuriken are other things entirely.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 10th, 2002, 04:51:44 PM
Since the thread seems to have already been hijaked, I'll elborate on what I meant by my previous vague comment. A lot of other things on this board (aside from Fuma, quadra-sabers, and light shurikens) also lack sense. One example is Jedi "Warriors." Mace Windu himself (cannon Star Wars reference) said, "we're keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

Mr. Happy
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:10:47 PM
Warriors != soldiers. This can be argued elsewhere, however.

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:27:34 PM
I agree Chuckles... a civilian warrior is not a contradiction by any stretch.

Look, Ansatsu, we're not trying to bash you, we're just thinking that this has a good chance of opening up a WHOLE LOT of moding. The saber-shuriken is sorta feasable, if you had them activate after you threw them, but the circuitry and power needs would be very hard to fit into something shuriken sized.

As well, I don't trust something that you can raise yourself to Master to. What's to stop you from raising yourself to Master level in a week? It took me over a year and a half to get Master, and I'm rather active.

Finally, I wouldn't put so much stock in bionics. In the book "Shadows of the Empire", which takes place between "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back", Luke fights an android by the name of Guri. Remember, at this point, Luke's little more than a padawan. He used Force speed at the end of the fight and blew away Guri, who was about as fast as any robot possibly could be. So, they'd prolly slow you down, overall. I'd stick with the Force.

Ansatsu
Dec 10th, 2002, 07:29:31 PM
I know you guys are trying to help. It's just that this was my creativity height. It was the best thing I ever thought of. It even has its flaws. I was all excited for nothing I guess. Oh well, no biggie. I do that alot anyways. I am gonna go try and post now. Thanks for the help you guys. Bye.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 11th, 2002, 12:41:25 AM
Ok, I don;t see the problem, Ansatsu. So you created Fuma, a quad saber and a few other things. Just because it won;t work in the SW universe does not mean that it would not work in another universe. You are creating something unique and special, something only you could have ever thought up. And that's a wonderful thing. Remember, different universes have different rules. The SW universe has already had its rules laid out. Make your own universe with its own set of rules in a book or a short story. But for these ideas to exist in this universe, some changes have to be made. Despite these changes, your idea is still your idea. But now it holds more water than it did.

Mr. Happy has given you some very good advice. Now use it. Take that advice and use it to make your ideas come to life. Don't give up so easily, man. There are plenty of people here that are willing to help you become a better RPer.

Ansatsu
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:01:52 AM
Okay, I am going to try and take all of this advice. I got some sleep and hopefully things will go better. Thanks for the help last night guys. I just exploded when I got the pm from Wei about how this was being picked apart. It was just like a dream I had crushed. But I will get over it, I have before in the past. So no big.

As for the Fuma class, my true intentions were to wait another month or two and then build a forum for it, and maybe if everyone was nice enough to have it attached to Swfans. That was why this whole thread was started. To see if it was worth it or not. So anyway I just need some time to think. I just wanted to tell everyone why I flipped and went tottally berserk last night. I am really sorry for that, and I found a way to explain my bionics, aand I am looking for one to explain my quadra-saber. So guys please just be patient with me. I am really sorry again. In closing, I just want to give a special thanks to my very good friends who helped me out last night. Thank you Sejah, Sanis, Zeke, Shawn, and Wei. I really appreciate you guys and everything yall have ever done/did for me. Thank you very much.

Toodles,

Ben

P.S. I better go or I am gonna be late for school!!!!:lol