PDA

View Full Version : A Favor Returned(Sejah and Sarr--closed)

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 8th, 2002, 02:16:39 PM
The white stripes streaked across the cruiser's view screen endlessly as Terran found himself called into the cockpit. They were traveling in a less-luxurious Naboo Cruiser. It lacked the silver gleam and decorative, plush insides and outs. However, it definitely got the job done--a large ship for a large trip. The cabins and guards quarters were more than enough to suit the crew that flew the long, two week trip to Tattooine.

"Sir, we are about one hour from entering the Tattooine system." The pilot informed Terran of the situation as the ship continued to zip through hyper-space.

"Thank you, Captain," Terran replied, exhanging a warm smile and a hand on the shoulder to the pilot. He turned to leave the bridge, heading back down to his cabin. The cabins were actually rather nice--he was suprised at their size and spaciousness. Afterall, he had gone to the Council and asked permission for this mission officially, and it had really paid off. They had an excellent cruiser to travel in, a group of 4 New Republic Special Forces (NRSF) officers to tend to the ship while they were away, and enough credits--supplied by the Greater Jedi Order (GJO)--to buy the boy back from Iterro. Riru...that was his name.

We're coming, Riru. He thought of the boy. It was a true injustice to steal someone into slavery--a true injustice to simply trade slaves in the first place, he thought. He remembered what the Council had said. Master Jinn had reminded him to keep him mind that the group of Padawans did "represent the rest of the GJO." In that fact came geat responsibility--trust. It was like a father handing over the keys to his brand new speeder to his oldest son for the first time. Terran was honored to be at the head of this operation.

Speaking of the padawans, it was time to get a group briefing together. Although he had given them some details before they had left, he had saved all of the strategy work for now. They knew what to bring--each had packed sruvival gear and a pack with a few rations. He had been lost in the deserts of Tattooine once already, and once was enough to know that preparation was key.

ATTN: Sejah Haversh, Sarr Koon

Meet me in the briefing room as soon as you get this message.

--Terran

Finishing the message to Sarr and Sejah, he grabbed a few datapads from his gearpack and headed out of his cabin. Stopping to think, he had to remember where the breifing room was. He had been on this ship for some time, but he was never good with remembering where things were when he was nervous. Nervous he was, he thought.

Calm yourself. You asked these two here because you could trust them. Trust yourself. His mind raced as he tried to calm himself with good thoughts. Entering the Briefing Room, he sat at one of the seats near the front of the others. Organizing his datapads and whatot, he prepared for the others to get here. Soon enough, he would explain all of it to them--every detail--so that the team would be fully prepared for action.

Sarr Koon
Dec 8th, 2002, 08:06:09 PM
"Meet me in the briefing room as soon as you get this message."

The Kel Dor heard the broadcasted message by his friend and fellow Padawan of Verse Dawnstrider. Sarr had been sitting in his cabin meditating. Wanting to calm his mind and body before they arrived at Tatooine so he didn't do anything rash without thinking. Their directions were quite specific from the Council members.

Standing up he made his way out of his room and made his way to the briefing room. Opening the door he the Briefing Room, Sarr stepped in. Terran was there sitting in one of the chairs. Walking over to a vacant chair the Kel Dor sat down and turned to his friend.

"Terran, how are you? Feeling nervous at all?"

Sejah Haversh
Dec 9th, 2002, 12:07:06 AM
Sejah had been moitoring their progress on the ships navcomputer, as it gave him something to do. Not able to read very well, and already having exhausted the ship's library of holovid movies, the mongoose was rather bored.

So, by the time the meeting was called, Sejah was already dressed and packed. His usual almost Jedi attire was covered with long robes and a swash of cloth and band hung over his shoulder. It was a motley assortment of browns and tans, and nothing to look at in any case. His leather gloves hung folded through his belt alongside his lightsaber and kris dagger in its wooden scabbard. In the back, above his tail, an old model .45 semi-automatic was inserted. A last resort weapon.

Getting slightly lost on his way to the breifing room as well, the Nehantite made it there last, and took a seat, setting his canvas shoulder-bag to his side as he did so. He and Sarr had met on the trip, but hadn't talked much yet, despite the lack of company otherwise. That would surely change soon, though, as Sejah looked to Terran to begin his explaination.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 9th, 2002, 04:15:34 PM
"Hello, my friends," Terran greeted the two warmly with a smile. They sat at the briefing table, all arranged in a cirle. He looked back and forth at each with a proud look on his face. This was going to be a successful mission, he could tell.

"Thank you for accepting my invitation to come, and I wanted to lay out all of the details before we land. First, I'd like to say that I do not consider to be the leader of this mission in any way. You are my friends, and my equals. We are a team--together as one." He examined the eyes of his friends, watching their reactions.

Second, I have told you the preliminary details of this mission. It is a rescue--we are going to rescue Riru La'Dina, a 12-year old boy who was stolen, from his family, into slavery by the slave trader Iterro. Despite what we may feel about the slave trade--" he took a sigh and a slight pause "--it is legal on Tattooine, as you know. The Council, in granting official permission for this mission, has reminded me to be aware that this is a rescue mission only. As one, all diplomatic options should be exhausted before any aggressive, violent action should be taken.

So, we should discuss strategy. I have some ideas. Once again, this being a team effort, any suggestions or other course of action thought of is more than welcome and should be expressed.

I will meet with Iterro and offer him a lump sum of half the year's salary of this slave in return for the boy and not reporting him to the local authorities. In the meantime, you two will find your way to the slave quarters. You will locate--as best you can without entering the camp--the location of the boy. There you will wait.

We will form a signal of some sort, which will have to be decided soon. If the negotiation succeeds--which I am hoping it will--we will pay and leave happily. If not, you will invade the quarters and secure the boy. Then, we will get out of there, back to the ship, and return the boy to his mother." He stopped, after giving the long speech.

"Ok. What questions do you have?" He knew there would probably be some.

Sarr Koon
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:33:34 PM
The Kel Dor mulled Terran's plan over his head for a few seconds. It sounded solid, but Sarr could see one tiny thing would most likely not succeed. The part where Terran would attempt to buy the boy back even though he was stolen.This would seem like a good deal to most. A band of no good cut throats like the one they were going to face would doubetdly be persuaded as easily.

"Hmm, I don't have a question, but... It is very unlikely that they are going to agree to the selling of the boy. We should all be prepared as best as we can for a fight."

Sejah Haversh
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:47:16 PM
Sejah popped one of his knuckles idly as he sat and listened. It sounded like a fair plan, even though he doubted the slavers would sell the boy to them. After all, to offer so much would make them think he was actually worth more, and so drive up the price.

"And if it does come to a fight, how can we make sure the boy will be safe? Slavery existed on my planet until just before I was born, and we have many documented cases of the slavers killing the slave who was trying to be freed. I think we might need a better strategy."

Standing up, Sejah paced around the table and drew his kris dagger and used it as a pointer through the holo-map. "Look here, this housing unit here is probably for the older slaves. It is closer to the main building. There is more threat of escape from an adult than a youth, so you keep them closer to you. The boy we're after is probably in here," he indicated to a smaller, detached structure. "It will not be unguarded, though. You can see the one outpost here, which means we will be easily seen if not careful. I'd also guess there is another somewhere out here, as well. If things turn ugly, he'll need range weapons more than lightsabers. What kind of rifles do we have?" he asked, looking back to Terran. It was almost uncanny how his ideas came to his head, but they made sense somehow.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 11th, 2002, 03:50:54 PM
"You are probably right. They may not go for the sale--but we have no choice. We have to the GJO and make an attempt at diplomacy." He gave them a wry smile. "I would love to just go in undercover...but the Council has spoken."

"Oh my, I totally forgot! This planning session would be much easier if we had a map, eh?" He said in response to listening to Sejah's ideas. "I think you are on to a good approach here. Take a look at this map."

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 11th, 2002, 04:11:50 PM
"Ok, so here is what I am hearing from you." Terran pulled out an electronic pen to draw along with his speech. He began to write on the map so that they could follow what he was talking about.

"First, we set into our positions. I am position 1, and you and Sarr are position 2. I will head into the palace, attempting to make the deal. Of course, we will see how this goes. Ideally it will work...but we know better than that. That is why we have Plan B. If they don't go along with the deal, I will give you the signal." He pulled forth three commlinks. "The signal will be simple: I will simply say 'Captain--I'm ready to go now.' That is your cue for a response so that they hear it, something like 'Yes sir, I will bring your speeder around.' That way, I can buy you some rescue time--stall as much as possible.

From your positions, you can easily break into the fence. Let's hope it's not an electrified one, but their is no generator pictured, so I can only assume it is not. After you get through, I would agree with your statement--the small, detached quarters most likely belong to the younger ones. Luckily for us, chances are that only--" he paused, drawing on the map "these two towers are most likely fully trained on the small quarters. That would be my guess. The other ones are probably important to watch, though.

Next, you could make your way to the quarters, finding the boy. He has a tattoo that marks him--something he got when he joined the gang Iterro took him from. It is of a red scorpion his mother mentioned. His physical description: short, maybe 1.3 meters or so, dark curly hair, small build." He thought about the boy in his mind--the mental picture of such a young, innocent boy trapped in a horrible place like that. He was glad they were granted this mission.

"If you can do this quietly, this will be great. However, their guards may be alert and may detect you. If they do, I will get to your position immediately to help defend the boy. If you are undetected, I will simply exit in the same fashion I came." He paused.

"In response to your question of artillery, this ship has onboard rifles and blasters to support more guards, so the armory should have something to suit you in it." He looked back at his companions. "Well? Anything to change or add my friends?" He looked down at his chicken-scratched map and hoped it made sense.

Sejah Haversh
Dec 11th, 2002, 04:44:02 PM
The Nehantite looked over Terran's plan, and then pressed "save" before resetting to erase his movement markings, and drawing his own.

"Good plan, Terran, but, we can still eb shot by this tower if we head back through there. Now, your path is going to be tricky, but, I think this might work better. Sarr and I approach from the direct West, that way the nothern tower can't see us. Here, let me mark approximate ranges of these towers..."

He set about putting in rough graphics of the ranges of view and fire for the towers they would have to worry about. "If Sarr an I go in armed with some good rifles, we can at least take out that tower guardsman if it comes to it." he indicated to the southwestern tower. "That should give us enough clearance to get in and out of there. But, after that, we'll have to wing it. I presume we'll be going in at night? Hopefully starting around dusk as not to worry them about why we would come when it was already dark out."

Sarr Koon
Dec 11th, 2002, 06:51:47 PM
The Kel Dor sat back listening to Terran. His eyes were on the holographic map looking at each mark that was made and contemplating each thing said. Terran finished speaking and Sarr kept silent. Sejah began speaking and making corrections to the plan made my Terran. The plan that Sejah composed would be easier for getting in and out. But, they might be to far away from Terran to be able to hear him give the call.

Still keeping silent, the Kel Dor waited to see the response of Terran before he added his opinion.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:48:55 PM
"Yes, we will move at night. I'm sure the rifles will definitely help in eliminating ranged enemies. The armament on this ship is operational and at your disposal." He hoped to two young men were up for such a task, but something told him they would be. He was certainly nervous, as was evident in his clumsiness dropping everything the past few minutes.

"Well, I think that's about it, unless--"

"Sir, we will be entering the atmosphere of Tatooine in 1 minute," the pilot's voice came across the intercom, interrupting the speaking.

"Thank you, captain," Terran replied. He grabbed hold of his materials and shifted them back into his gearbag. Standing before the two, he stopped.

"It'll be 2 or 3 minutes till we land, and then we can check the chrono for the time. I figure Sejah's right--move right at dusk. That should be in an hour or so. Get your stuff and meet me at the hatch in about 30 minutes." He paused before he left. "Thanks for coming--I couldn't do this without you." He extended a hand to both, his voice genuine.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 29th, 2002, 05:12:04 PM
OOC: This thread kind of died, but I really want to continue it. So here goes. :)

The hot desert sun was slowly making it's way out of sight as the twin moons of Tattooine came to take its throne. The day had left the sand warm, but it cooled as the soft orange glow of sunset washed over the sea of brown and tan. Leaning against one of the hatch supports, Terran watched the giant star creep away, his eyes serious with thought. Though the task ahead was one commanding the utmost precision, care, and concentration, the Jedi Padawan smiled at the beauty of the scene. Nature...the Force...it was such a breathtaking machine that never ceased to amaze him with it's subtle graces.

By his side lay a small brown satchel--one that was rather familiar to those who knew him. It was his travel pack, and he generally had it with him when on trips. It held a canteen, two cloth scarfs (to wrap his head in in case of harsh winds), enough rations to support three days (he hated the Jedi nutrition capsules...ugghhh), a homing beacon that was recieved at the ship and could be tracked by other scanners, some credits, a datapad map of the area, a hunting knife and about 8 meters of rope. It was a survival kit, really. He knew what it was like to be lost out hear in the dunes of an unforgiving climate with nothing but the clothes on your back and a lightsaber. He would not be ill-prepared this time.

He checked his chrono--the time was nearing. They would be leaving soon. Any minute, Sarr and Sejah would emerge ready to go. He had few preparations left, and the last things would be for them to discuss. He threw the sack over his back and walked a few paces from the ship. He waited for his companions.

Sarr Koon
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:08:46 PM
The Kel Dor was clad in the usual Jedi garment, there was no need for a cloak on Tatooine. It was hot enough as it is without un-needed clothing. His lightsaber hung from his belt and the blaster rifle he brought was slung across his back. Sarr was also wearing a pair of heavy dark tan boots for the sometimes rocky terrain.

Feeling that he was suited for the adventure, although not as well as he should have been, Sarr began to descend the ramp of the ship. The bright setting sun of Tatooine blinded him as it came in to view. Shielding his eyes with his hand he felt his boots come on to the rough sand.

"I feel a little nervous about this. What about you? i have never done anything like this before."

Sejah Haversh
Dec 29th, 2002, 10:36:00 PM
Sejah made himself ready quickly. A loose robe hung form his shoulders and was belted around the waist securely. From it hung his lightsaber and a canteen on the other side, and through the front was inserted his kris; a wavy dagger of his ancestry in a wooden scabbard. Tucked into the back above the split in his robe that allowed for his tail to pass through was inserted an old model .45 semi-automatic pistol. His 'just in case' weapon.

"A little." he replied with a slight grin as he hauled a canvas satchel over his shoulder, then picked up a blaster rifle and grabbed a few extra power cells. "I'll feen a bit more excited when we're leaving, though, uf you know what I mean."

A pair of cheap black sunglasses found their way out of his pocket and onto the bridge of his muzzle as he and Sarr stepped out onto the dunes. He was used to sand, but in sandals. The gray canvas sneakers he currently wore felt funny, but he let it slide. "So, I guess it's on to the waiting point until Terran calls for us, right? Well, at least I brought a deck of cards in case we have to wait."

Sarr Koon
Dec 30th, 2002, 12:08:31 AM
The Kel Dor had his hand shading his eyes as he looked over the sand dunes rolling up and down. As far as he could see there was sand. The red orange colors of the setting sun blazed across the horizon making the desolate planet look almost beautiful and relaxing instead of a barren wasteland. This was going to be an experience that Sarr would remember for the rest of his life.

"Yes, we should be heading off soon. I am glad to hear that you brought something for us to do."

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:09:45 PM
Terran laid on the cooling sand, rougly 100-150 meters from the ship. He hoped Sarr and Sejah were getting well aquainted and prepared to leave. It was almost time--very soon. He closed his eyes.

The desert vried out to him at night. He used to be afraid of hearing life cry out to him. It had scared him when he was younger. Sometimes, it was strongly and fiercely. Other times, it was more subtle. Of course, through his training at the Order he had come to learn that it was life and the Force that powered life that called out to him. His aura was inviting to the wind and the trees, and they seemed to whisper things to him no matter where he was.

This evening, across the thousands of sand dunes dotting the desert like a goosebumped-arm, he could hear the voice of the wind speaking into his ear. It told him of the miles it traveled, the deserts it had crossed. It spoke of the travelers it had whipped by and the houses it had shook.

It was time.

He rose, slowly making his way back to the meeting place, in hopes that his companions were comfortable and prepared.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:47:46 PM
The sun was setting in a brillinat glare of red to the West, and Sejah slid down the side of a dune with Sarr beside him. It was good to be back on some sand again, it felt comfortable and homey. But he didn't let the feeling sink in too much; the rifle in his paw was reminder enough that they weren't on some pleasure walk. Slavery had only been banned less than eighty years ago on his home planet, but other forms of indentured servitude had taken its place.

"Well, if Terran can pull it off, we won't need to do anything, but, I'd still say we're going to have about a half hour to kill before he arrives." the mongoose replied, shooting a sideways glance to the Kel Dor next to him.

Pushing on, the camp came into view on the horizon, so the pair made their going more stealthy, finally coming to a small dip in the dunes that would serve as their hiding spot. Laying out on his belly, Sejah lifted a pair of electronic binoculars to his eyes after removing his sunglasses and scanned for anything useful. Pulling them back down, he passed the optical device to Sarr and rolled over onto his back, looking up at the quickly darkening sky and putting his sunglasses back on. "Doesn't look like he's there yet, so, we just get to wait."

Sarr Koon
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:31:04 PM
The Kel Dor surveyed the surrounding area with the electronic binoculars. There was nothing to see but the encampment of the slave traders and endless dunes rolling up and down. Terran wouldn't be to long he hoped. He was anxious to get this started. It would be better to wait for the cover of night, so Sarr relaxed.

Sarr sat down with his arms relaxed on his knees and a little hunched over. He turned his face that frightened most people seeing a Kel Dor for time first time to Sejah.

"How about that deck of cards."

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:48:43 PM
The camp was in view now, roughly a few hundred meters from his position. He hoped Sarr and Sejah were in position, as it was time to move. The twin moons of Tattooine began to slink into view and dusk was settling in. He cautiously approached the camp--just a bit closer--and then reached to his belt to produce his comm link.

"Sejah, this is Terran. Do you read me?"

"Loud and clear," came the voice on the other end of the radio waves.

"Good...I'm moving in. Be ready and remember the signal." His singed out, clipping the comm back to his belt. Showtime. Making his way to the front gates of Iterro's camp, he met the guards there. Two large, rough-looking soldiers weilding blaster rifles came into view.

"Can we help you?"

"Yes--I have come to meet with your captain--Iterro. I am expected."

"What's yer name?" The other guard spoke.

"I am Terran Starek, and I represent the Greater Jedi Order." The two guards looked at themselves and then nodded at each other.

"Sounds familiar. Come with us." They lead him through the gates and up the steps to the doors of Iterro's palace. He wondered what the other two were thinking at this moment as he was lead through the huge, iron doors. They swung open with wailing creaks and he could see several guards inside.

Force, I hope Sejah and Sarr are ready...

Sarr Koon
Mar 30th, 2003, 05:01:21 AM
The Kel Dor and Sejah were at the desiganted spot that had been chosen for the easiest route to Terran if he got in trouble. Sarr held the blaster rifle he had brought along with both of his clawed hands. Desparatly hoping he would not have to use it and that Terran had no problems, he walked a short distance back and forth with his boots sinking into the sand.

Sejah looked to be as relaxed as someone could for this type of situation. He had problem done stuff on the lines of this, so he was probably ready for whatever was going to happen.