PDA

View Full Version : Messge from The Lost (Millard)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 8th, 2002, 03:58:55 AM
Silence.

In the deepest, darkest depths of a Balmorra night, there were hardly any beings moving. Not far away, the ruins of Castle Millard could be seen, wreckage still not cleared away from the time of this being's last visit. A shadow, a wraith, darting between shadows. An occasionl patrol crossed his path, yet he seemed to merge perfectly with the darkness until they had gone. In between pauses to avoid the patrols, he kept moving, going towards one particular destination. On his belt was a dagger, but in his hand, his weapn was something extraordinarily archaic - a bow and arrow. More a weapon of a primitive hunter, although this being, a Numenorian of Arda, was no primitive. He was at home with technology, although it did not suit his purpose.

His purpose was to make clear a message that someone clearly had not read properly.

He stopped, seeming to look about, even if it was near impossible for a normal being to see in this gloom. If it were known, this was th only time he could see - only in the totality of darkness could he remove his eye protection and once again use his eyes. It felt good, although the fact his other senses were so much sharper meant he hardly needed to look anyway. His senses in the Force were sharper, more practiced, which for a Jedi Master of his considerable skill was saying something.

He paused, gained his bearings, then fled into another dark alley, where he could now see his destination, 400 meters away. A door. Not much of a door, but this would serve his purpose. He checked that the small package tied to the arrow was secure, before notching the arrow, pulling back with his considerable and inhuman strength, took careful aim then fired. Even for one like him, this was a huge shot, the arrow needed bit of a touch with The Force to find it's mark, thudding into the door and trembling as it was now stuck.

Marcus Elessar grimly took one last look at his handiwork, before disappearing into the shadows, his message delivered. A reply to a message sent to him a few days ago.

--

Millard,

I normally dont bother with petty replies, but seems that you did not get the mening fo the message I sent you when your precious little home was vaped. I thought you might be intelligent enough to know what I was saying, but seems your not, I'll make it clear here.

You, Millard are a hypocrite. You blabber on about how the destruction of your home was wrong, but I was not the one whom helped attack a perfectly innocent city. The blood of many more innocents rest on your hands as well as the hands of your fellow Balck Hand. Dont try to give me any justifications, you are part of that group, your equally guilty. You think poisioning the water supply and raiding hospitals is honourable? You disgust me, your a hypocrite. You have no idea what honour is anymore. You deserve to die in the most dishonourable manner possible, you and the rest of the Hand. How can you dare to declare the bombing of your home a disgrace when you and your cohorts did far, far worse? The destruction of your home is a warning to you and the Hand. Stay at Vjun for all we care, but as soon as you raise your hand against the Galaxy, you die. You made the first move, now begin to see our reply. We are not finished with you or the Hand yet, for now payment for the crimes the Hand have committed will be extracted in full.

Why, dont you like the feeling of losing your home too? Awwww, I'm soooo sorry to hear that. Maybe next time you will think twice before you and your friends orphan and kill innocents again.

You dishonoured your own name Millard. Your nothing more than a common murderer, no matter how much you try to proclaim otherwise. You betrayed yourself and your name. Welcome to the real world, murderer.

The Lost

P.S. We're not Jedi. Nor am I this Marcus Q'Dunn you write to, although I am well aware of him.

P. P. S. I'm sure Q'Dunn is going to care about your "banishment". I'm sure it keeps him up all night. I'm quite sure he hasn't been back and making a mockery of your security. Have a nice day... for we will be back.

Tomar
Dec 8th, 2002, 04:21:17 AM
"Sir?" the captain ran up to me quickly as I stared over a list of documents. How Taylor did this everyday i could never figure out.

I looked up from my desk, then stood up at attention.

"Yes Captain?"

The captain looked a little nervous, "Sir we found this on the door of our barracks. I looked it over...it appears to be addressed to the Grand Admiral."

He handed the letter to me. My eyes widened as I saw what was written.

"Commodore?" the Captain said, "Do you know what it is?"

I crumpled the paper, then set it in the wastebasket.

"It's nothing, Captain, a bunch of lies. Go back to your duties. I thank you for inforning me of this."

The Captain nodded, then saluted. As he exitted I pulled the paper from the wastebasket again.

I was privvy to who Taylor suspected for the bombing of his home. And I had an idea what planet 'The Lost' were talking about.

I turned on my recorder, "Admiral, it's Tomar. We got a letter from a group calling themselves 'The Lost'...it was addressed to you..."

I read the letter to him, then pressed 'Send' on the message.

It was out of my hands now and in Millard's. Whatever his reaction was...I wish I were there to see it.

Taylor Millard
Dec 8th, 2002, 05:02:31 AM
"Marcus, I do believe I've touched a nerve," Millard smirked as he took a drink from his cup of espresso. The transcript of Tomar's message was on the datapad next to the piano on The Rascal King.

Millard rose from the piano, dodging the scampering body of MMU as he ran around Taylor's legs.

WHAT IS IT?? IS IT A MESSAGE FROM LOK!!!

"Not it's not."

WHO'S IT FROM? WHO SENT IT? YOU NEVER TELL ME ANYTHING! If the little droid had tear ducts, Taylor was certain he would have cried.

"Calm yourself, MMU it's a message from Tomar. About Castle Millard."

IS IT REBUILT?? HUH HUH IS IT? CAN I HELP DECORATE YOUR OFFICE?? I GOT SOME NEW CRAYONS. PERMANENT TOO- I MEAN-...

Millard shot MMU a withering look, then a small smile.

"Go fetch my satchel please. There's something in there I need for this."

MMU nodded, then dashed off, cap guns firing.

Millard dipped his pen in its inkwell and began to write.

Dear 'The Lost',

Such an appropriate name for your little organization isn't it Marcus? 'The Lost'...is it that you're searching for a mission in life? Tired of obeying the laws of the Jedi, and so you call yourself something other than 'The Greater Jedi Order'.

I wonder...does this organization wander like it's philosophy does? Does it have a set agenda or does it skirt the darkness more than it should? Hmm?

Oh, an insult to my honor. How hurtful, Marcus. I have never called myself a 'Jedi' have I? I do not believe so. I find it interesting you hold me responsible for the actions of my 'cohorts'. After all, I have no control over them. Nor have I seen them since the attack on Arcan. I have been focussed on other tasks.

And knowing how close you are with Lady De'Ville, I'm surpised you haven't tried to get back at her. Although, I am fairly certain you've gone over in your mind, various ways of seeking...what is the non-Jedi term. Revenge. Oh...that's right, you're not a Jedi are you? Hmm...I wonder if the Greater Jedi Order knows about this 'non-Jedi' status of yours?

How would they react, if all of a sudden they were to find out that Marcus Q'Dunn (no use lying Marcus I know it's you) was seeking revenge. That would take away some of the respect you command, now wouldn't it?

Although I'm fairly certain Senator Evenstar and Xazor would not care. After all, love is blind, isn't it?

Regards,
Taylor Millard

The letter was sealed and marked Marcus Q'Dunn and 'The Lost'.

It went out after the King dropped out of hyperspace and resupplied itself.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:20:01 AM
Some days later, in the dead of night, another arroe flew into another barrack door... and the figure dissolved yet again into the night.

--

Dear Fool,

You believe this to be revenge?

Excuse my mirth, but your short sighted. If this was revenge, you would be dead with your blood draining onto the pavement. Vjun would be a smoking ruin. And Balmorra would burn. No Millard, this is not revenge.

This is war.

This is a war you and the Hand declared with your unprovoked attack on civilians and a peaceful planet. While you existed peacefully, or only targeted valid targets, you were tolerated to exist. If you exist peacefully or target valid targets, this war will stop. You are a Dark Jedi of the Hand.... if you can not influence your brothers and sisters of Darkness, then you are no more than they are.

Either you impress on your fellow Dark Jedi the need to once again behave, or worse for you and them is to come. Either that, or you leave the Hand and step away out of our way. The more you and The Hand use civilians and innocents, the more this war will hurt you personally. All of you will be specically targeted and you will lose all you hold precious.

Allow me to taunt you on your accusations on who destroyed your castle. Have you evidence? Are you even sure this Q'Dunn you speak of exists? Strange, there is no record of this Jedi ever existing.

But enough of these games. I am not goign to debate whom is whom and what is a Jedi. The Hand murdered, unprovoked. That is the reason your Castle lies ruined. You have been warned. Persist in this way and this War the Hand seems to have declared will be bought even harder and closer to all of you

The Lost.

P.S. Oh, and whom am I, if I am not this mystical Q'Dunn? Guess.

Taylor Millard
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:41:04 AM
The message was delivered again with dictation from Tomar.

Taylor,

Kiterix has begun moving various commanders from one position to another. Shadow Squadron is also rumored to be moved as well. With the Super Star Destroyer delivered to us, Kiterix is moving them there, or so our 'contact' says.

Yet another letter from 'The Lost'. I believe you've found a fan.

Tomar

Taylor laughed as he listened to Tomar's commentary. Indeed, it appeared Q'Dunn had decided to take an interest in Balmorra.

Why?

What was so interesting about Balmorra outside of Millard's position. And if it wasn't Marcus Q'Dunn...then which Marcus was it?

A flash...of a memory from long ago. Something, ironically, the now Senator Helenias Evenstar said, when encountering Wargrave at Yoghurt's Bar and Grill.

" Elessar he is called at his home planet, First-Born Friend. Marcus fewer than 20 known him as. Yet the entire Galaxy used to know him as something else..."

My dear Mister 'Lost',

Another warning? What interest of Balmorra is it of yours?

If you wish me dead, that is your own choice. I certainly do not wish your death, it suits me not at this time.

I find it funny you attack a man's home when he is away and focussed on other things. A coward's way for certain...Mister Elessar.

Regards,
Taylor Millard