PDA

View Full Version : Apothecaries' Tricks

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:05:01 PM
Learning was a life long process. It did not have to happen inside the familiar four walls of a classroom. That is where the knowledge is brought before you and is then internalized, hoping to be filed for use at a later date. Knowledge was everywhere and inside everyone; all connected by the Force.

But you didn't always have to look to the Force for answers. Sometimes it could be right under your fingertip.

A fellow Jedi had requested information on how to learn a few 'tricks' to heal himself. What the exactly meant, Navaria was going to find out ... here in the library. Navaria informed the receptionist that she would be waiting over by monitor eight and to make sure that Lance would find his way there.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Dec 20th, 2002, 11:23:01 PM
:: A red caped man slowly walked into the building, he walked up to the receptionist letting his red cape trail behind him and stopped right in front of the person.::

"Hmm...I am looing for master Tarking...may I know where I can find her" Lance smiled while asking.

:: The receptionist explained that she was waiting for him in the library, Lance turned around and walked slowly towards the huge room, it wasn't hard to locate a Jedi that was nearby, Lance walked slowly towards Navaria for today he wished to learn how to heal....thta kind of ability always escaped him, as he walked up to her he stopped at a few feets from her and bowed before her like the Jedis usually do.::

"Greetins master Tarkin...I am glad that you have accepted my request" He said a smile always on his face.

OOC: Sowwy! :( Was away but now me backies

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:33:40 PM
She returned his smile warmly.

"Of course the honor is mine. Please ..."

A chair moved out for Lance.

"... sit and tell me why it is you want to learn the art of healing."

OOC~ no worries :)

Dec 24th, 2002, 02:03:43 PM
:: Lance nodded and sat down at the chair that had been pulled for him pushing his red cape over not to sit on it.::

"Thank you" He said after sitting down.

:: He looked at her and started to speak once again.::

"Well, the reason is simple...when I was under Master Leia's guidance, I was never thought to heal, or even how to summon that kind of power, I was trained for fighting situations but...some but not all of my apprentices want to be fighters, some of them are peacefull and I want to teach them something else then just fighting"

:: He then smiled again.::

"But also because I will need it for my-self and the people around me."

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:46:54 PM
"Master Leia ..."

She repeated fondly. Her heart was heavy for she missed her former Master, her dear friend, so. Eventually Navaria looked up, the sorrow vanished from her eyes.

"She was my Master too, Lance. Though, she did not really train me for combat. She helped me conquer my demons instead. Probably you are wondering, 'What does this have to do with me?' Well, as with Master Solo, she trained each of us Padawans in the capacity that was suited for our needs at that time. Just as you are beginning to understand that not all of your students wish to follow the Warrior path."

The Knight smiled.

"It suits you well to see that, though I am not clear on why you say that only some of them are peaceful...."

A brow was raised.

"Are there some that are not finding calm within their hearts?"

Then Navaria's eyes narrowed intently, though questioned gently.

"Are you one of them?"

Dec 25th, 2002, 07:09:42 PM
:: Lance let his smile on his face while he listened to her question...this was something he never asked him-self.::

"No...not at all, I came to the order to do my part in making the galaxy a safer place...to serve the force and let it be my ally on my fight to stop evil from harming innocent people, you see my father was killed by a bounty hunter......that is what kinda pushed me to come here and I have found peace within my heart...my desire to fight has vanished, I only fight when it's necessary....and since fighting has always been what I do best, I guess it's time to learn something else then fighting" Lance's smile became even deeper.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:46:17 AM
And so did her's.

"I know. I am quite adept at understanding emotions and truths that are hidden within an individual. Sometimes ... it is good to verbalize what it is you believe to provide an even stronger foundation to stand on. Now ..."

She began to stand up.

"... you did not come to see me for a spiritual debate. Healing is what you required. I was not sure what methods to implore so I will ask you .... There is the Force, then there is the world around you. Plants and herbs. We can do one, the other, or both. You choose."

Dec 27th, 2002, 06:03:51 PM
:; Lance scratched his head lightly thinking a bit on what to choose...he wasn't sure of his choice.....so he decided to ask for some advice.::

"Well..I'm just a starter at this....can both of these things help one another?" Lance was thinking about picking both...but he wasn't sure if it would really be worth it.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 30th, 2002, 11:59:48 AM
"Of course."

She responded simply.

"Certain circumstances can only offer certain choices. The more you have, the better the chance to survive. What if you are not completely adept at the techniques I teach you and they fail ... causing you serious harm to yourself if you try to use them. At least you have the knowledge of some natural remedies."

Then she chuckled.

"Or maybe you do not have a green thumb. I know you want to expand your knowledge but sometimes when you focus so hard on one area of the Force, other possibilities take longer to learn. Not saying that you cannot ... It will take more patience and practice in learning what it is you seek."

Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:56:32 PM
:: Lance nodded listening closely to what she said...he hmmed a bit for a few seconds to finally take his decision.:;

"Well...I guess I'll go for both then" He said looking back at her with a smile.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:22:37 PM
"Good choice."

She answered, pleased with Lance's response. Her fingers began to do an in depth search on herbal remedies, though it would have to be narrowed down quite a bit.

"Now, a Jedi can carry only so much with them ... What would you like to have on you? There are billions of fruits, herbs, roots, and flowers that have various effects on different maladies. Poisons, bleeding, bruising, anything from the common cold to narcotic remedies."

Navaria looked up momentarily.

"Remember... A Jedi protects themselves as well as others."