PDA

View Full Version : Happy smiles. (open)

Jhony
Dec 7th, 2002, 01:00:22 AM
Jhony's seated at the bar, ordering his first drink for the night. He's gonna drink himself into a stupor, maybe start a brawl or two, then go snooze somewheres until morning, when the cold frost and dew wake him up and drive him to seek a warm shelter. That's actually pretty bad, now that he thinks about it, but he won't focus on that too much at the moment.

"Best to just smile happy like. Only a few ways to ensure a smile. An' I got one of 'em on tap tonight. Barkeep! Bring me something strong."

Oolana Taine
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:26:52 AM
"Best to just smile happy like. Only a few ways to ensure a smile. An' I got one of 'em on tap tonight. Barkeep! Bring me something strong."

Oolana, seated on the end of the bar, laughed at what she heard,

She looked at the man and then said, "And what are your other methods? Hmm?"

Jhony
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:25:29 PM
He drains his first mug and grins at her. Well...another method in his lap.

"Get yourself a big crowd of friends, make another person smile..o' course, they say a pretty girl will always bring a happy smile to any man's face..."

Oolana Taine
Dec 9th, 2002, 10:18:33 AM
"Really?" Oolana asked laughing, "I would never have guessed that one."

Jhony
Dec 9th, 2002, 01:18:10 PM
Jhony orders two more drinks and slides one to Oolana.

"Name's Jhony," he says, tipping his hat to her.

Oolana Taine
Dec 9th, 2002, 01:59:19 PM
"It's a pleasure," She said accepting the drink. "I'm Oolana."

Jhony
Dec 9th, 2002, 02:37:31 PM
"Oolana..."

He repeats it for the sake of memory, since he's not sure he'll remember entirely when he wakes up tomorrow.

"The pleasure is all mine. What brings you here?"

She's probably just here to eat, like half the other patrons, but it can't hurt to ask. Besides, it'll start conversation.

Oolana Taine
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:39:54 PM
"Boredom, mostly and a little bit of hunger. Got a break from the normal routine so I thought I'd stop by. What about you?"

"From what you were saying before it sounds like you're just here to get wasted."

Jhony
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:33:53 PM
"Well, not like I can do much BESIDES that...I used to have a transport ship, and owned a business trading items and serving as a delivery man for other people. Then one day we were attacked by pirates and...I don't remember. I can't remember the name of my ship, my crew, the company...all I got is this."

He pulls a picture from his pocket and shows Oolana. It features himself and a little boy with a big smile and long ponytail. Beside him stands a smaller girl with an equally broad smile.

Mr. Happy
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:44:21 PM
"She took my dog,
She took my truck,
She left me,
Down on my luck.
Now, all I'm kissin'...is a bottle!"

SNAP!

"Damn guitar string! I was just getting melancholy!"

Unfortunately, a frown is beneath me, but I donned a stetson and tried to look the part. But now...I had no recourse, so I bashed my guitar to smithereens against a wooden indian.

"Sorry, Chief Running Bowels...don't mean to ruffle the feathers."

Oolana Taine
Dec 10th, 2002, 09:24:06 PM
Oolana puzzled by the mad guitar player, paused before turning back to Jhony and the picture he held..

"Cute kids. Do you at least remember whether they're yours or not?"

Jhony
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:39:00 PM
"I...want to say that yes, they are...though this one seems less so."

He points at the little boy.

"For some reason I get the feeling he ain't mine, least not biologically. The girl I wanna say is my daughter. But I can't remember her name, or mine for that matter. I was tagged "Jhony" when I woke up after...oh, after what?"

He downed another mug and looked at the guitar player. Later when he drunk himself to death and couldnt' find the exit, he'd pick a fight with him so he could get some assitance.

Hunk
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:40:04 PM
"Jhony!" he shouted, seeing a familiar face and slapping the man on the back before taking a seat.

"How's it doing, my man? Staying out of trouble? Oh, hello, what do we have here? Care to introduce me to this beautiful creature?" he continued, laying his eyes on the woman.

Jhony
Dec 11th, 2002, 06:38:58 PM
"Hunk! I'm out of trouble so far, but its early."

Jhony orders three and slides one to each of the people flanking him at the bar.

"Oolana, meet Hunk. Hunk, meet Oolana. Oh, and Hunk, recognize these kids?"

He slides the picture across the bar to the man.

Hunk
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:01:09 PM
"Hey hey, I don't know what you're trying to imply, but those kids look nothing like me," he said with a grin.

He took a closer look at the woman, his smile widened. "And you, my dear, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Jhony
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:55:52 PM
"Heh, o' course they ain't yours pal. They're mine...I think."

He speaks quietly, clearly he's not pleased with his lack of memory. Jhony downs his glass and orders another, leaving Hunk to try and pick up Oolana.

Oolana Taine
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:12:37 PM
"Charmed." she replied to Hunk. "So," she said taking a better look at him, "What do you do for a living?" She asked that, but smirked for she already could tell what he was. The lightside could clearly be felt coming off of him.

Well, well she thought This night may get interesting yet

Hunk
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:28:16 PM
"Me? Well, Oolana, I suppose you could say I'm your all around nice guy. The pay stinks, but at least I get to wear these fancy threads," he said, gesturing to his yellow shirt and brown vest.

"I'm a jedi, but I moonlight as a doctor, a mechanic, and an expert conversationalist. And yourself? What do you do when you're not trying to cheer up scoundrels like Jhony here?"

Oolana Taine
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:47:37 PM
"Oh I work along the same lines as you, only on the other end of the spectrum. I do a little training here and there. Someone's gotta keep you Jedi on your toes." Oolana teased, then realizing she'd finished her drink got the tenders attention and ordered another. She turned to Hunk,"You want anything?"

Jhony
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:16:38 PM
"Hey now, I'm paying tonight!" Jhony protests with a grin. "Goes with making other people smile. Just keep 'em coming to all three of us."

Hunk
Dec 13th, 2002, 05:46:06 PM
His smile faded. Once again, he his senses had been clouded by a pretty face.

"Nothing for me thank you. Were you in a different line of work, things might be different, but they're not. See you later, Jhony," he said, before wandering off.

Jhony
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:40:27 PM
"Later pal!"

Jhony waves lazily over his shoulder and looks at Oolana.

"Wonder what got him in such a sour mood..."

Oolana Taine
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:58:19 AM
"Guess he was scared we wouldn't get along. Jedi and Sith don't usually mix. Too bad..It could've been a fun night."She smiled at Jhony and finished off her drink.

Jhony
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:02:07 PM
"Peh, it don't matter what faction you're in. In the end everyone's got goals that all come down to the same ol' thing..."

Oolana Taine
Dec 16th, 2002, 11:31:54 PM
"Yeah, we just don't mind killing a few people to get there, the Jedi are more picky about those things."

Jhony
Dec 17th, 2002, 08:26:49 AM
"In the end..." Jhony continues with a heavy sigh, "All anyone's after is happiness."

He throws back another pint and puts a hand to his head. It's starting to take effect. Before he gets too drunk and forgets, he pockets the picture of the kids. It's his only real clue.