PDA

View Full Version : Judas Escariot

Shawn
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:49:40 PM
We have fairly irrefutable evidence that he is guilty of infiltration. It seems more than likely that he will be banned from SWFans. This will also affect all groups hosted here, if we do ban him, and so I would like input before we do so.

Whether or not he is to be banend from SWFans is up to the Staff to debate. However, I wanted to know if the groups hosted here would object to him being banned from their forums, as well.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:57:43 PM
From the evidence I have seen, I am unwavering in my choice to ban on grounds of breaking the infiltration rules maliciously.

Taylor Millard
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:58:07 PM
I believe TBH has all ready banned him, so I will refrain from comment for now.

Sanis Prent
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:59:59 PM
:thumbdown

KILL!

Morgan Evanar
Dec 6th, 2002, 10:03:36 PM
GJO has probably also banned him.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 6th, 2002, 10:11:37 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
GJO has probably also banned him. Verified. Access mask listings show him banned at GJO, TBH, and Home One (NR).

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:08:55 PM
I banned his misreble <smallfont color=#FF0000>-Censored-</smallfont><smallfont color=#FF0000>-Censored-</smallfont><smallfont color=#FF0000>-Censored-</smallfont> from GJO. You say you evidence? Fine, good enough for me. Ban him.

I'm not going to miss him in the slightest.

Figrin D'an
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:28:35 PM
I have no objections. Considering that he's already been banned at three group boards, another charge of rule breaking doesn't surprise me.

ReaperFett
Dec 7th, 2002, 06:02:26 AM
Shouldnt you wait for what he says first?

Levi Argon
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:33:38 PM
I have no objections. As I've already said, from what I've seen he has blatently disregarded one of our most important rules.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 7th, 2002, 09:39:52 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Shouldnt you wait for what he says first? The final decision will not be made until he has had a chance to speak with a SWFans RP staff member regarding the situation. Any important details from that will be shared here as needed.

Lady Vader
Dec 7th, 2002, 11:05:48 PM
I PMed him after he sent me that last PM you all no doubt saw in the admin forum. I asked him point blank how he optained the information he got and whether the other parties in question knew he was giving me said info.

Truthfully, I've never liked him from the beginning, nor the company he is keeping as of late.

But in all fairness, I do want to see what he says before I make a decision to ban or not to ban.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 7th, 2002, 11:50:31 PM
I am also checking with Jeseth (The founder of the organization that the act of infiltration was against) in an effort to ascertain whether the information leak was done with permission.

ReaperFett
Dec 8th, 2002, 05:03:10 AM
Truthfully, I've never liked him from the beginning, nor the company he is keeping as of late.
WHy does that matter?

Shawn
Dec 8th, 2002, 08:09:54 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Shouldnt you wait for what he says first?
It seems more than likely that he will be banned from SWFans.We are. But I was bringing it up now, so we don't have to wait around after we've reached a decision.

And her not liking him matters because she's an admin at TSO. So her not liking him definitely influences whether or not he will be allowed to continue to post there.

ReaperFett
Dec 8th, 2002, 09:12:41 AM
Shawn, I meant because despite GJO knowing barely anything they have already banned him.

And I dont think liking someone should matter. I mean, is it right that someone isnt allowed to post in an area because a couple of people dont like him? And also, the people he talks to? Im guessing who these people are, and think I talk to one a lot too. Should I be banned from TSO now? Or have that held against me at every turn?

Figrin D'an
Dec 8th, 2002, 01:12:14 PM
Fett, GJO had banned him already because of previous violations, not because of this incident. He's been banned for close to a month now for inappropriate spamming and harrassment of other posters.

Shawn
Dec 8th, 2002, 01:44:02 PM
And I dont think liking someone should matter. I mean, is it right that someone isnt allowed to post in an area because a couple of people dont like him?At SWFans? No. But at group boards? They're run however the respective admins want them to be run. I believe LV has her reasons. But even if she didn't, she could still ban him from TSO for whatever reason she feels like.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 8th, 2002, 01:59:46 PM
Shawn is correct.

I have spoken with Jeseth, and even though I didn't ask about the content of Judas' posts being true I was told that most of what Judas said was false and made up, but there apparantly was some truth to it, (irrelevant IMO) and I was also told that he by no means had the permission of The Krath to share any information of theirs with another group.

ReaperFett
Dec 8th, 2002, 03:42:24 PM
Fett, GJO had banned him already because of previous violations, not because of this incident. He's been banned for close to a month now for inappropriate spamming and harrassment of other posters.
Then ignore that comment. I remember this case now :)

I have spoken with Jeseth, and even though I didn't ask about the content of Judas' posts being true I was told that most of what Judas said was false and made up, but there apparantly was some truth to it, (irrelevant IMO) and I was also told that he by no means had the permission of The Krath to share any information of theirs with another group.
There's our confirmation then :)

Pierce Tondry
Dec 8th, 2002, 09:35:04 PM
I have no problem with him being banned (I trust the staff to do their job, after all) but if it would be possible for someone to PM me the information pertinent to the case at hand so I can know the full extent of what has occurred, I would appreciate it. If not, I'll deal. :)

Lady Vader
Dec 9th, 2002, 05:22:52 PM
Judas sent me this today via PM:

"infiltrating????i don't think so.....jeseth and jehova are my personal friends....i just don't want them to nag me all the time...im not out to get anybody.....they somewhat know im telling tso anyway...."

Ok, I believe him when he says Jes and Jeh are his friends, but that certainly doesn't give him any right to tell me things that they don't know is being shared with me.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 9th, 2002, 05:23:59 PM
Correct.

Lady Vader
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:17:05 PM
...they somewhat know im telling tso anyway....

And I don't like that "somewhat"... it sounds too... ominous.

So, what should be done?

You spoke with Jes and Jeh, right? Do they know what Jud's been sharing?

TheHolo.Net
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:20:03 PM
I spoke with Jes, showing him two of the posts that Judas made and he agreed that Judas should be banned for infiltration.

Lady Vader
Dec 10th, 2002, 02:08:22 AM
*sigh*

Alright, then I also agree.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:37:53 AM
:x ban him

Taylor Millard
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:53:54 AM
Have we made a decision on this or're we still waitin' for some more information?

Shawn
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:01:33 AM
We're waiting on you to PM him, I believe. :)

Taylor Millard
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:02:29 AM
And here I thought Charley said he PMed him...Musta been dreaming again...:rolleyes

Live Wire
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:18:55 PM
Im just wondering if theres been an update on this whole stituation because I've noticed that hes still posting at TSO and since I've been doing my best to catch up on everything I was just concerned.

thanks

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:47:47 PM
I don't know, I've been AWOL. Still am.

Taylor??

TheHolo.Net
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:40:02 AM
ewwwww....This got spaced. Looks like a banning needs to happen based on the stuff presented. I'll compose an email, do the banning and make an announcement regarding it.

Holiday break put me a little off my form. :o

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:58:02 AM
Just one note - you may want to put in the announce exactly what it was he was banned for. It's a bit ambiguos right now.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:58:26 AM
The following announcement was posted minutes ago after I emailed Judas.
Notice of Banning

Judas Escariot has been forthwith banned from the SWFans.Net Forums community for breaking the most serious of the rules we have here at our community. Infiltration. The staff of the RP section and the group forums has ruled him as guilty and reluctantly agreed to his being banned.

Banning someone for such a thing is never something any of the staff cares to do, but our rules must be upheld.

This announcement will self destruct in 7 days from its original posting.

Remember to read and follow the rules contained in the RP and General FAQ in the FAQ forum, lest you get into trouble.

Happy Role Playing folks.Edit: Added what it was for. Thanks Marcus. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 5th, 2003, 04:04:58 AM
:thumbup

Taylor Millard
Jan 5th, 2003, 04:15:34 AM
Sorry...I was waiting for Charley to say whether he'd PMed Judas or not...my fault.

Sanis Prent
Jan 5th, 2003, 11:41:37 AM
Eh? Why'd you think that?

Taylor Millard
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:55:14 PM
You had said somewhere when I offered to PM Judas that you were on it.

I misread it. Sorry. :(

EDIT- I did misread the post. I apologize for that.