PDA

View Full Version : Omega: Akrabbim's Crucible

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 6th, 2002, 12:23:05 PM
Day and night, ships and speeders made their way across the Coruscant skyline. When the city planet had come into the New Republic's grasp, many things changed for the better - something even changed for the worse. Disputes and riots seemed to erupt every few days like clockwork, and only the presence of Jedi kept the planet running smoothly through it all.

Akrabbim Melchizan was among these Jedi peacekeepers. His reputation had grown in recent years... and perhaps carried farther abroad than was safe. Outside of the remote and silent room were Akrabbim slept, a shadowy figure loomed... but for now that beings presence was of no concern to the slumbering Jedi.

Jeseth carefully short-circuited the access panel to the room where Akrabbim lay, and allowed himself entrance. The door didn't hiss or slam shut. It stayed open, allowing a fresh cold breeze to follow Jeseth in. He was moving without a sound, looking around the room. He saw the Jedi's lightsaber and made no motion for it. He had come for a different reason...

"So, do you think the future is decided?" Jeseth asked Akrabbim as he stepped up next to him. The Jedi turned to face the stranger who had begun a conversation.

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 6th, 2002, 07:32:03 PM
Akrabbim rolls backward from the bed, gaining distance from this nocturnal intruder. He eyes the man warily, processing his strange question.

The future? Yes and no. Small events are up for grabs... small battles, the lives of individuals and the like are not certain.

But some things are sure. The Light will prevail. Evil will fall. Of that, there is no question.

And now, I have a question. Who are you, and why are you in my room? I don't recall inviting you.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:27:35 PM
"My name is Jeseth, but I'm not important. This is your dream... your story. Not mine." Akrabbim found himself out of his bed, the winged being standing beside him. It had ceased to be night, and now the sun was shining brightly above them both. Jeseth glanced around this new setting, unable to control the images inside of Akrabbim's head. The ground was vast and endless, frozen water beneath their feet. Pillars of ice towered high into the air.

"You have an interesting way of looking at the future. I can't say I don't envy your resilience," spoke the man who was dressed entirely in black. The pillars of ice were taking another form. They seemed to be moving awkwardly, but coming closer. Akrabbim appeared to be as perplexed as Jeseth - but this was often in the case in dreams.

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 8th, 2002, 12:26:27 AM
A dream? Curiouser and curiouser, indeed. What was another person doing in his dream? He had very little contact with this man in the past, though the name was vaguely familiar. There was no reason for Jeseth to be here, unless he was probing Akrabbim's mind. Not to mention, it was rare to KNOW one was in a dream. Something was definately amiss.

The ice moving toward them could represent anything, or could be merely ice. In a dream, anything was possible.

Hmm... my dream, you say? In that case...

Akrabbim turns his attention back to the ice columns. Whatever they were, they were unwelcome. He turns his attention toward them, focusing his thoughts. If this is his mind, then his wishes should be law. He wills them out of existance, changing the scene to a field on an overcast day, with knee-deep grasses all around.

That takes care of one unwanted presence. Now, what, pray tell, are you doing in my dream?

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 8th, 2002, 07:25:24 PM
"I came to talk to you about the future of our war," said Jeseth as he looked to Akrabbim, who was visibly puzzled by the response. "Dark against Light... the war has been waged for thousands of years. It seems that we have reached a stalemate. Haven't you grown tired of being a pawn?" Jeseth noticed a colorful insect with silently floating in front of him. He stretched out his hand, an allowed the gentle creature to perch within his palm.

"You'll be sacrificed sooner or later." The insect was crushed within Jeseth's clenching fist. "We all will..." Tiny fragments of the dead creature fell into the grass as Jeseth opened his hand. Whatever had been left upon his palm was carried away by the wind.

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 8th, 2002, 10:01:08 PM
Akrabbim arches an eyebrow.

Pawn, you say? You are mistaken. Only the servants of the Dark are slaves. I am free. In the Light, there is freedom. The Darkness is naught but bondage.

He turns to face the man full on.

Your intentions are clear to me now. I want no part of you or your designs. But you have erred. Your power is obviously rather strong to be able to invade my dreams. But seeing as you are in my dreams, you are on my territory. That puts you at an extreme disadvantage.

He focuses his mind on the man, putting his full will into holding the man. A bubble forms around the intruder, sealing him in and hovering him slightly off the ground.

Of course, I won't hold you here forever. I doubt it would be possible, and leaving you trapped in my mind is not a pleasant idea. But you will tell me who you are and why you are here.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 9th, 2002, 03:18:14 PM
Jeseth tapped the bubble. There was no way out. "I already told you why I'm here... but you've made up your mind about me. It's a shame. We could have ended this stalemate... Now you'll just have to die." The man in the bubble vanished, leaving Akrabbim alone in his dream.

Jeseth sneered and looked down at Akrabbim, who was still sleeping. The Jedi had locked Jeseth out of his mind. What a waste... Jeseth didn't enjoy killing beings with so much potential. His left hand reached down, gripping around Akrabbim's neck and violently waking him. Jeseth's other hand drew the hilt of his saber, preparing to activate it.

imported_Akrabbim
Dec 9th, 2002, 04:42:30 PM
The scene abruptly changes from the surreal dreamscape to the mundane living quarters in which he slept. Above him is the winged man from his dreams, choking him with one hand. His other hand holds an as yet unlit saber.

Akrabbim reaches up and grabs the mans hand, placing the bottom of his palm on the tip of the man's thumb. The fingers of that hand curl around, holding it fast. His other hand reaches up to grab the man's wrist just after. He squeezes, placing a large amount of pressure on the man's thumb joint. A loud pop is heard as the joint gives way and becomes dislocated.

Without releasing the man's hand, he calls his shuriken from their place on his nightstand. From this angle, there's no way to control them quickly, and the loss of breath from the original choke still has him a bit dizzy, but he is at least able to fling them in roughly the direction of Jeseth's torso. Unless he gets the man off of him, the saber in his hand could cause serious damage.