PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, Scary Movie 3 might actually be worth watching

ReaperFett
Dec 5th, 2002, 08:09:22 PM
NOT ONLY is it to be directed by David Zucker, but now Kevin Smith will be co-writing it, and the Wayans wont be involved.

To quote Smith himself:

Our aim is to make this third in the franchise as funny as that other hysterical third-in-the-franchise flick, The Godfather Part III.

:lol

JonathanLB
Dec 5th, 2002, 08:23:34 PM
Is The Godfather III the most hated Best Picture nominee of all time? I've never seen it, even though I own it, but it must be at least good if it received a nomination for best picture...

ReaperFett
Dec 5th, 2002, 08:24:57 PM
I always felt 1 was overrated, but 2 was great. 3 was just all round poor for me :)

Darth23
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:07:16 PM
1 and 2 were both great, imo.

3 was pretty mediocre, except for Sophia's acting and some of the writing, which was really pretty bad.

Mostly, though it's like its a completely different movie. 1 and 2 seem like almost 1 long movie.

JMK
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:06:41 PM
I didn't like 3 as much as the other 2, but I don't see why everyone seems to hate it SO much.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:58:23 PM
Scary Movie 3 is going to make fun of Harry Potter and LOTR right? I am sure there will be some SW jokes as well but it looks like it deals mostly with magic and fantasy.

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:59:32 PM
If Kevin Smith is co-writing, I would hope there would be a little SW humor in it...

Quadinaros
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:15:28 PM
After the pain of sitting through Scary Movie 2, there's nothing that could convince me to see part 3.

And as for Godfather III, I liked it alot. The story pales in comparison to the first two, but I still really like it, and I've watched all three of the Godfathers countless times.

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:19:24 PM
I went to see SM2 at the drive-in, it was playing with "Blow" which was a far better movie IMO.
I mean, you can only do the same jokes so many times before you stop finding them funny :\

JMK
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:23:01 PM
I haven't seen either, and I doubt I'll see this one. But if I do, it'll be because of Kevin Smith only.

ReaperFett
Dec 6th, 2002, 05:41:23 AM
Not seen either as I dont find the Wayans particularly funny. But Smith and Zucker? We're talking classic comedy here! :)

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:17:50 AM
I've no idea why Godfather 3 is hated so much. I think the overall message and delivery of it are wonderful, because Michael Corleone has been trying to do for his children what Vito had tried so desperately for him, and I think its a very bittersweet way to end the story. It's a bit off in parts, but its still an excellent movie.

jjwr
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:57:44 AM
You'd think they would start their own franchise, with names like that and fodder like Potter and LoTR it shouldn't be much of a problem.

SM2 was just downright awefull so that may still be fresh in the minds of people when the 3rd comes out.

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 6th, 2002, 10:02:13 AM
No arguments there. SM2 was steaming hot garbage

JediBoricua
Dec 6th, 2002, 10:21:03 AM
Godfather III pales in comparison to the other two, but since the other two are excellent, part III is pretty good when compared to other movies.

I enjoyed the movie, and the similarities between Vito and Michael, you cannot help but feel compasion for him when he is confessing his sins and at the end when his daughter dies. Another factor that make me enjoy the movie was that I had recently finished reading a book about the Church and the Mafia, so I was pumped!

Mu Satach
Dec 9th, 2002, 03:52:35 PM
SM2 was like the rancid left overs from SM.

I enjoyed GFIII... but I don't like watching it as much as I and II. The only part that really hit me was on the steps of the Opera house near the end. That and I love Michael's famous line, "Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in. "

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 9th, 2002, 04:05:18 PM
The end of Godfather 2 is just painful to watch. :(