PDA

View Full Version : Sydney on Fire

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:49:30 AM
Not near me.... but all around Sydney, bushfires are ripping the place apart. 20km of fire lines in places, the sun is turned to red, the photos of the smoke pillars I just took are amazing.

Yeech. Somone got a bit of rain?

Figrin D'an
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:56:56 AM
We've got snow here... you could have that...

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:56:18 AM
I have a cup of rain leftover from today. *splashes it on Sydney* ^_^;

Sanis Prent
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:13:07 AM
I love the smell of Sydney in the morning. Smells like...victory.

Leeloo Mina
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:24:45 AM
We only have snow here too.. but I'll melt some and send it to ya :D

Sanis Prent
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:25:51 AM
We've got WAAAY too much rain here

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:06:04 AM
I love the smell of Sydney in the morning. Smells like...victory

NOT GODDAMN FUNNY!!!! I dont particularly like seeing my city burn and I sure as hell dont bloody well see anything funny about. Rght now, Helen's parents house is a few hundred meters from one fire, this is not a laughing matter.

Sanis Prent
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:31:06 AM
I don't freak out when people crack jokes about funnel clouds hitting and missing around my house. Its called taking the edge off a tense situation. Chill.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:33:47 AM
Really. Well, not everyone is you. Leave out the jokes for now. This is a ugly, ugly situationand it's getting worse.

Telan Desaria
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:33:57 AM
Austraile...mystic land surrounded by water.

Salt or not, hook up big pipes and start pumping some into the bush!

Ishan Shade
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:48:31 AM
Well theres a couple feet of snow on the ground, going to class has become a venture in it's own....*shivers* WIND + 0 Degrees = COLD.

Sene Unty
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:11:25 AM
I hope things get better Marcus....

Zorin Hexes
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:18:36 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
I don't freak out when people crack jokes about funnel clouds hitting and missing around my house. Its called taking the edge off a tense situation. Chill.
Hm... Yeah, Miami is a Hurricane haven. We try to joke about it here to relieive the tension, too.

I won't crack any jokes, though... Hope that everything turns out okay.

Sene Unty
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:37:40 PM
Originally posted by Zorin Hexes
Hm... Yeah, Miami is a Hurricane haven. We try to joke about it here to relieive the tension, too.

I try to joke about Hurricane's in Miami as little as possible. I find them devoid of any humor. But I don't think anyone making a little joke about it is bad....I just don't do it.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:59:10 PM
I joke about hurricanes and I live in south Dade sooooo...

Sene Unty
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:03:30 PM
Well I live in South Dade and I really don't care if you joke about them. :D

Vinny Red
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:42:33 PM
Upon first reading this thread, I recall seeing an animated Gif that seemed have smoke billowing from it. That in itself would seem to indicate trying to ease that edge and tension of the situation, so why jump on the back of another when they try to do the same?

Regardless, I am sorry to see what's happening in to Commonwealth brothers. I have been keeping up with the situation since it first appeared in the news. The situation is dire, but things will work out in the end, jsut as they did last year when the fires were rampant, just as we had some serious situations arise in some deadly ice storms up here a while back, just as everyone else copes with their situations in their respective areas. Sit tight and hang in there.

Zorin Hexes
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:56:54 PM
Originally posted by Sene Unty
Well I live in South Dade and I really don't care if you joke about them. :D
Huh? You live in Florida??

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:45:21 PM
Perhaps when someone lives in an area where Tornado's and such are Common, cracking jokes about them is a way to relieve the stress of it all, however I doubt very much that Marcus has to deal with his city in threat of burning down too often, so it's understandable that humor would seem fairly out of place in the situation.. =/

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 5th, 2002, 06:57:41 PM
I said it once, and I say it again. Freaking El Nino! Drying out the entire Pacific Rim.

Telan Desaria
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:34:52 PM
E l who?

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:43:22 PM
Weather condition in the Pacific. El Nino and El Nina are the two out of normal states the Pacific has. El Mino causes droughts in Australia. And the utra dry conditions that's setting these fires blazing

DarthDarkCloak
Dec 7th, 2002, 11:06:48 PM
I live in Baltimore city, I joke about drivebys and crackheads........

you know Sanis aint mean anything by it....

Sanis Prent
Dec 8th, 2002, 12:16:26 AM
Birmingham has its own violent calamities. I'm personally intimate with them, on several occasions, one costing the life of one of my closest friends, but that is neither here nor there.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 8th, 2002, 10:25:37 PM
I am my own violent calamity.

Sene Unty
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:55:08 AM
Originally posted by Zorin Hexes
Huh? You live in Florida??

Yup. In Miami to be more exact....Miami Springs to be even more exact.....