PDA

View Full Version : Hopeful Applicant (Sameer Aryan)

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:25:51 PM
She had sent a message to one of the beings that Hunk and informed the Council about. Sameer had potential, her former Padawan had said, but he wasn't completely sure if he was truly Force Sensitive.

That was why Navaria had taken up residence in the back of the bar. There would be enough room for privacy in the booth. While she waited, her eyes danced along the datapad, reviewing the information that was had on Sameer, occasionally sipping at her namana juice.

Sameer Aryan
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:43:24 PM
Sameer had received Navaria's message. He was feeling anxious: it wasn't easy to walk up to and talk to a Council member during your first week here.

Sam entered the Bar and Grill trying not to make eye contact with anyone. He lift his head up slightly to look around, since he had to find Miss Tarkin. He noticed a young woman in the back and wondered if it could be her. She seemed pretty young, a bit too young to be a Council member, but then again, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

The young man walked up to her and asked with an uncertain voice: "Miss Tarkin?"

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 6th, 2002, 10:55:06 AM
His timidness was rather charming in a way.

"Please, call me Navaria. This is not anything formal Sameer. At least not in the way of conversation."

She smiled and then motioned to the other side of the booth.

"Have a seat. Would you care for anything to drink or eat?"

Navaria held up her hand and waved over one of the serving driods.

Sameer Aryan
Dec 7th, 2002, 04:49:49 PM
Sam sat down. He felt slightly more comfortable.

"Um, a glass of water would be great..."

He was barely able to talk as his throat was dry, perhaps because of the he was still a bit stressed.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 7th, 2002, 04:54:30 PM
"Very well."

She turned to the droid.

"A glass of water it is then."

It beeped and tweeted a response before rolling back. Navaria then settled and truly saw Sameer. He was more relaxed by the way he sat down; not so rigid and formal. But she could easily pick up the strain in his voice. Sameer was troubled by something.

"A cred for your thoughts before your drink arrives?"

She asked politely.

Sameer Aryan
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:03:13 PM
"'A cred for your thoughts before your drink arrives?' Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that..."

This wasn't starting out good for Sam. He was already anxious, and right now he didn't sound very bright either. He felt he wasn't making a very good first impression.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:09:19 PM
Her brow crumpled together and then she closed her eyes briefly with a small smile. Then her eyes opened again. Ever soft as a blue sky on a clear day as she regarded Sameer not as a fool or any other ridiculous thought that could be passing through his mind.

"Sameer. All I wanted to know what was bothering you. I am not sure but it sounded like you were, what is the term ... on edge?"

She questioned gently, not wanting to push anything. Her sensitivity to the emotions around her was picking up that Sameer was quite nervous to say the least.

Sameer Aryan
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:36:34 PM
Usually, Sam didn't talk about his feelings much, but somehow Navaria was able to get him to open up.

"You see, it's strange. I wanted to help people in the world, so I figured joining the Jedi Order would be the best way to do so. I came, Knight Xazor welcomed me and I got myself a room. Then I came back to the Recruitment Center and found Hamilton. That was when I realized that Jedi is about the Force, which I'm completely unknown to."

Sameer had said it all in one breath and felt relieved to have let it all out. He was finally able to sit back and relax.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:28:25 PM
"I see."

Her lips puckered together in thought. He watched as Navaria eyes widened a little and then saw those blue orbs look directly at him once more.

"Well, what do you know of the Force? Have you ever had any experiences with it either by doing or watching? And by doing, I mean something that could have been on purpose or not."

Sameer Aryan
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:03:11 PM
Sam hesitated before answering. What if the answer to this question destroyed everything he had planned for his future?

"Quite honestly...no. I have never experienced it, nor do I know anything about it."

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:23:14 PM
She merely nodded.

"Then why is it you wanted to find the Jedi and become part of our Order?"

Sameer Aryan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:41:41 PM
Sameer was surprised at the number of times he'd been asked the same question.

"Well...I believe most people join the Jedi because they want to serve the Universe, help people. I'd like to make a difference in the world too."

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:52:36 PM
And her reply was even simpler.

"Why?"

Sameer Aryan
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:12:26 PM
"Because I know I can. Well actually, anyone can if they try really hard, and that's what I'm doing right now."

By now Sameer was more confident. He had been honest with his answers, why would he possibly get refused?

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:23:36 PM
"And you are that confident eventhough you have never used the Force yourself?"

She sat back and tapped the side of the glass with her fingers.

"Do you even know if you can use the Force?"

Sameer Aryan
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:25:58 PM
Sam took a sip of water.

"Well I'm sure I can! I admit I never have, but from what I've heard, the Force flows between and amongst all beings, so why wouldn't it flow through me as well?"

He had never thought about it himself, but what he just said made complete sense to Sameer.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:41:13 AM
Close observation he had.

"What you say is true. The Force is everywhere and binds the universe together. It flows through you and me ..."

She looked over at a couple of Spacers and motioned to them.

"... as well as them. The difference between them and I is that I can sense the Force and use it."

Her eyes returned to Sameer and narrowed deeply.

"They cannot. I have yet to find out if you can."

Sameer Aryan
Dec 27th, 2002, 06:48:50 PM
Sameer listened attentively; he was learning lots. He looked at the Spacers as she motioned to them and started wondering...

"What exactly makes someone like you? I mean, why is it that some sense the Force and use it while others can't?"

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 30th, 2002, 12:28:34 PM
His inquisitiveness was charming.

"It is the same reason that they have black hair and I have brown. It is a matter of the way you are born. Some can put together mechanical devices easy for they have the capacity to think in that manner, there others cannot ... no matter how hard they try to learn.

The same is being able to sense the Force. It is innate. A part of your genetic make-up. Which brings us back to what I said before. The Force is always with us, connecting all living things together but there are only certain individuals that have that capacity to sense for it. Whether or not they wish to develop that gift is their choice. Many go throughout life not knowing they can sense the Force, others do not care and enjoy the life they have."

Sameer Aryan
Dec 30th, 2002, 04:00:40 PM
Sameer was starting to understand a bit more about the Force.

"I see...Do you think I'd be able to sense it?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:36:39 PM
"That is what I am trying to assess. You have a very quick mind but have no experience in the Force. But that does not mean you can sense it."

She looked around the bar quickly and took note of how many were loitering about. There was the bartender and about six patrons, including the spacers she pointed out before. That shouldn't provide too many distractions.

"This is what I want you to do. First... Trust me even when it does not sound like I am making sense. Agreed?"

Sameer Aryan
Jan 6th, 2003, 06:25:55 PM
Sameer listened to Navaria carefully before answering. "Okay." he said, even though he didn't quite understand what she meant, but then again, that was exactly what she was asking for: trust her without asking questions.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:54:31 AM
"Good. Now, relax in your chair and close your eyes. Remove all the noises around you. The conversations in the bar, the droids beeping, the noises in the kitchen ... Make them disappear one by one until you hear only my voice and the steady beat of your heart."

Sameer Aryan
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:00:58 PM
Sameer took a deep breath before following Navaria's instructions. He sat back, crossed his arms on his lap, closed his eyes, and tried to relax. He then took another deep breath and tried to focus on his thoughts. Slowly, he got rid of the sounds around: first he tried forgeting the spacers and other people in the Bar. Since the droids hadn't bothered him in the first place, he moved on into forgetting the staff members and finally, the only thing he could hear was his heart beating as fast as ever and Navaria's soft voice.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:34:13 AM
Navaria gently probed Sameer's mind thought the Force, making sure that he was completely in a relaxed state. She could also gather, from pure vision alone, that his chest was falling at a steady rate. Relaxed and shallow through his nose. Even his eyes barely moved underneath the lids.

She was tempted to speak to him mentally, to lessen the distractions further but it might startle him. Then they would have to begin from scratch again. There was another way though ...

"Very good Sameer. You are focusing upon yourself. Listening to your heart beat in a strong, yet calm rhythm. Without opening your eyes ... Change your perspective to me. But I do not want you to focus on my heart. I want you to focus on me. Begin with what I look like. Get a clear picture in your mind and stay focus."

Now, Navaria opened herself fully to the Force and began to channel its energy into her slowly. She closed her eyes and felt the Light wash over her and calm her body. Senses were soaring and surface thoughts were picked up unintentionally, just like many emotions that were intense in the room. Sameer was the only being that was in check, so therefore Navaria felt nothing from him except his life force.

Considering that Navaria had opened herself up to the Light Side of the Force and was channeling its energies, Sameer should be able to pick up that energy when focusing on her. It would be quick powerful and strong to him, for the Knight was doing three things at once, though in the greater scheme ... Navaria was barely accomplishing anything. She did not want the poor lad to get a headache. In his relaxed state and being this close to the Jedi, he should pick up the power being used in this close proximity and in his relaxed state. He would see the energy around the image of Navaria that he created in his mind and see small tendrils reaching out all around the bar, and also towards him. It could be instant. It could take an hour. Either way, Navaria was determined to continue this until she was satisfied with an answer.

Sameer Aryan
Jan 10th, 2003, 08:58:12 PM
Sameer listened to Navaria and kept his focus on his heartbeat. Steady it was. Then, he changed his perspective to the Jedi Knight that was sitting in front of him. Slowly, he started seeing her: her eyes...her mouth...her face, her body in general; but it took deep concentration from his behalf.

What he saw next was something Aryan didn't understand: he saw what he thought was an aura being released by Navaria's body. And from this aura he could spot small tendrils reaching out towards the other souls in the bar. Sam was surprised to see one of them reach towards himself, yet kept his focus on Navaria as he had been instructed.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:49:05 PM
Navaria felt it. There was a shift in Sameer's energy that caused the Knight to slowly open her eyes ... which caught the end of a small twitch of his cheek.

"Tell me Sameer ..."

She asked softly.

"... what do you see?"

Sameer Aryan
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:05:21 PM
Sameer kept his eyes closed and continued to concentrate as he described to Navaria what he saw: the aura, the tendrils every single detail that he found interesting about his experience.

"...and one of them's reaching towards me!" he said, a confused expression on his face.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:12:56 PM
Navaria calmed her mind and brought her senses to the normal; slowing her connection to the Force. Sameer watched as the tendril of Force crept backwards away until it joined with the other tendrils, solidifying around Navaria in a pale blue aura. The aura was very close to her the surface of her frame.

"Well, I guess that settles that. You are Force Sensitive Sameer."

She said approvingly.

"I figured for you to be someone that wanted to actually feel the Force and experience it yourself then me looking at you intently and saying, "You are Force Sensitive' ... like I knew since I first met you."

Sameer Aryan
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:55:25 PM
Sameer was overwhelmed with joy. A wide smile appeared on his face and he surely would've jumped off his seat if he weren't so shy, and if a Jedi Knight were not sitting in front of him.

"Yes, thanks you very much! I'm very glad to have experienced it! I've heard everyone talk about the Force since I have arrived, yet I had no clue what they were talking about." Sam replied enthousiastically.

"Navaria..." he let out after a while, "... the sort of lightblue shell you had around you before you told me I was Force sensitive, is it something characteristic of the Jedi?" he inquired.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:15:47 AM
Navaria expected no less of a reaction from Sameer after informing him that he was indeed Force Sensitive. Her hunches were almost never wrong.

Her ears perked up when he said her name. There was a questioning tone towards it.

"Ah. What you saw, Sameer, is my aura. All living things have an aura about them. It can tell you much about a person. If they are moved towards the Light or Dark. Are they injured, what their mental capacity is ... or even if they are lying to you. It is all a matter of understanding the shift in colors. Only a well trained Jedi can accomplish that ... and not all Jedi can see an aura that clearly."

Sameer Aryan
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:37:56 PM
Sameer nodded. He had many more questions, but he restrained himself: there were too many to ask and it would seem wrong to inquire about so many different topics on his first meeting with the Jedi Knight. Or at least he tried to calm his curiostiy...

"...but you are trained well enough to understand those color shifts?"

Sam was a bit too interested it seemed. Now that he knew he was Force Sensitive, he wanted to learn tons of new information reguarding the Jedi and the Force.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:23:51 PM
"Quite, actually. It is one of my specialities."

She answered modestly and turned the questioning back towards Sameer.

"Now that you are welcomed amongst the Jedi here to train, you will have ample time to discuss this with your Master ... when one is appointed to you."

An eyebrow raised slowly.

"I can feel your mind is full of thoughts and questions, which have no answer yet. It was why I brought this up. Unless I am wrong?"

Sameer Aryan
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:42:01 PM
Sameer was impressed. He always thought mental capabilities were superior to physical power, but he knew he could've been wrong.

"No no! You are completely correct. As for my Master, how will they appoint me one? Do I have any say on it?" Sam asked, a concerned look on his face.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 28th, 2003, 08:44:02 PM
"If you want a say in it, that is preferred. Is there someone that you want to train you? I can pass along your request and see if that are willing to take you on as a Padawan learner. If you have no preference, then a Master will choose you themselves."

Sameer Aryan
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:59:13 PM
Sameer didn't know how to ask Navaria.

"Um....actually...it is YOU that I'd like to have as a Master," he started, "because I find that it would be better for someone calm and patient like you to guide me. I know that most Jedi have these qualities, but I would be more comfortable to work with you."

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:21:28 AM
Navaria didn't say anything at first. She simply leaned back in her chair and looked at Sameer intently, as if searching for something.

Finally, after a moments pause, she spoke.

"Is it also because I am one of the few Jedi that you have met?"

A smile that was barely noticeable, crossed her lips as she asked the question.

Sameer Aryan
Feb 8th, 2003, 01:48:35 PM
Sameer couldn't resist laughing. He leaned forwards and answered her:

"I haven't met a lot of them, but I have met quite a few. I've met other Knights if that is what you are referring to, but something makes me more comfortable with you. I guess it's because you don't talk to me in a condescending manner..." the young lad replied, uncertain of his own words.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:04:21 PM
"Really? Others speak to you in that manner?"

Navaria frowned.

"Perhaps that is how you perceive it but I can understand that some of the other Jedi can be abrasive. Others can be quite the opposite. But ..."

Her smile appeared once more.

"... if you are comfortable with me, then I would be glad to train you as a Jedi."

Sameer Aryan
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:56:46 PM
Sameer quickly corrected himself.

"You are right, they probably didn't mean to make me feel the way I did."

He smiled back at her as soon as he heard her accept to train him.

"Thank you very much Navaria! I promise you I'll give my 110% to do the best I can!" Aryan paused a while. "Is there anything more I'd need to know?"

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:32:05 PM
"No. I think now it is best to clear your mind of any questions and enjoy the rest of the day. There will be plenty of time during our first training session to realize just how many questions you have that you do not already know."

There was a little spark in her eye as Navaria said that.

Sameer Aryan
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:36:34 PM
Navaria's words relieved Sameer's stress, but he still felt tired.

"Alright then! Thanks for the help, once more, but I think I'll get going now. I wouldn't want to take too much of your time, you probably have other important things to attend."

Sam got up slowly and extended his hand towards Navaria.

"So we'll meet again at my first training session? I hope it's soon!"

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:03:31 PM
"Do not worry about me, you are the one that needs to get to sleep."

Navaria rose with Sameer and shook his hand.

"Have a good night's rest. I will let you know ahead of time when training starts."