PDA

View Full Version : Admiral Ackbar in Ep 3

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2002, 01:07:56 AM
Well maybe here is the story from theforce.net

featuered a report on the SW Con, where Tim Rose stated that he had heard rumors about a younger CGI Ackbar in EP3. Here's a rough translation of some of the piece:
The third and probably most interesting panel of the evening was held by Tim rose. He is "creature player" and help among other things Admiral Ackbar to the life. Further he worked also for the Muppet Show and built a puppet for the Teletubbies. So he could report some of stories from the set of Star Wars, in addition to other series. Computers are quickly replacing people in this role of puppeteering, and according to one of them a younger version of Ackbar is to appear in Episode 3 as CGI animation

Now it might just be a mon calamarian which would make sense. Now it would be cool to see Ackbar in there even as a background character.

ReaperFett
Dec 4th, 2002, 03:14:09 AM
He's uneeded. WHat's the point of a character making small appearences in #s 3 and 6?

JMK
Dec 4th, 2002, 09:24:50 AM
I don't know exactly. But Lucas did toy with the idea of having Greedo in TPM and then having his next appearance in ANH, so it's not completely out of left field.

ReaperFett
Dec 4th, 2002, 09:26:43 AM
But the Greedo one was just for the joke. I dont think we'll see Piett tell Ackbar "One day, you'll be the death of me" ;)

JMK
Dec 4th, 2002, 09:32:13 AM
Yeah, he was there solely for a joking reference, but I'm just saying that it can't be ruled out. Jabba looks like he's going to have the same kind of thing. It doesn't look like we'll see him in Episode 3, yet he had a role in TPM, leaving 3 movies between appearances.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:30:10 AM
Unless it is to show the beginning of the Rebellion, we might get Mon Mothma as well. Or as I said it could just be some unknown mon calamarian senator or what not.

ReaperFett
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:31:20 AM
I hear MM wont appear.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:53:16 AM
According to Rick Mcallum, I don't trust what he says.

JMK
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:56:46 AM
I try to never believe what McCallum says. He exaggerates everything.

Telan Desaria
Dec 9th, 2002, 08:11:29 PM
Ackbar would be a child during the Clone wars. He ws barely out of his teenage years when he was enslaved to Moff Tarkin. And that was only a year or two ICly from ANH. After all, he was abducted by the Rebels en route to the almost finished Death Star.