PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1942 Rant

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:04:57 PM
For the love of God there are some jacked up people in the game! Freaking retards who shouldn't be allowed to touch a computer!

I was playing CTF on Gazala, I had gone to the abandoned Allies Military Base and got me a Spitfire, after bombing a few targets, a round of Flak hit me. Smoking, with little health, I flew back to the Allies Hanger. Flying in low, and slow, I landed inside and begain to heal and stock up supplies. Then a Howitzer tank, on the same team, rolled in and begun smashing my plane. It kept healing so he kept doing. I asked the <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> to stop, and then to <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ing back off. Did he? NOOO! He finally accidently knocked me out the hanger door, and I started to take off. Then a <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ing Plane Spawns right in front of me and BAM! I collide with it and DIE! I SWEAR this idiot was annoying! He was lucky Team Killing was off, Or I would of Blasted him to pieces. Freaking Idiots...

Sanis Prent
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:42:28 AM
do mind the profanity :)

Darth Viscera
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:29:37 PM
TKing is out of control in BF1942. Bottom line is watch your back. Tkers are often plane campers gone nuts (you go nuts if you miss too many chances to get a plane) and looking to take revenge on everyone they see as potential plane competition.

Just try and stay away from them. If they're active near planes, grab a Sherman and go start beating up Panzer IVs and Tigers. It will save you a lot of frustration.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 5th, 2002, 06:54:25 PM
Even on the Non-TK maps, tossing a grenade under you while waiting for a plane to spawn, (even if you had been waiting for twice as long.) They can blast you up with a well placed grenade, and falling damage is high in Battlefield. Or, if you on a ship, you get blasted off, takes a long while to get back on.

Master Yoghurt
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:04:41 AM
Yeah, TK'ers and plane campers are annoying. It happens a lot, especially on public servers. It is really retarded. You know you are on a bad team when most of them stay idle at the plane spawn points, jumping around killing each other, instead of going for a nearby jeep, APC or tank and heading for a flag. At some point, they get so desperate for a plane, they shoot when you start the engines. And when they finally manage to get hold of a plane and take off (if they even know how to do that, sometimes they are so stressed, they crash into a tree or something), they get max a couple of minutes of airtime because the tickets are running out due to uncoordinated team play. Even worse, it is often newbies or bad pilots doing this (bad teamplayer = less experience = bad pilot), grounding those who got real skill and potential to do some real damage to the enemy forces. That is why I prefer to play on clan servers, because you generally see less of that kind of stupidity, and when it does happen for an extended amount of time, the offender get kicked from the server.

Usually I just do what Viscera does, stay away from them, ignoring them and head for a flag either by foot or landbased vehicle.

If someone TK's me on purpose more than once, I might retaliate.. :evil

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 6th, 2003, 01:17:13 AM
Forget might, I will retaliate.

I was playing for a bit on on Guadacanel, and half my team decided to camp in the enemy hanger. I hate campers like this, even on my own team. So after a kamakazie pilot run into the tank this guy was camping in, I switched sides and went after only him. (Both teams where being stupid and it was CTF, so I was able to hold my personal vandeta against him for the next half hour.) When someone TK's, and they don't say sorry. (Grenade or Det pack) I will go after them until either one of us is booted from the game. I hate Tker's, even giving enemy planes positions of Tkers. (Like this guy on the opposite team called "I hate TKers" had him keep bombing the TKing player whenever he spawned)

ReaperFett
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:18:29 PM
He was lucky Team Killing was off, Or I would of Blasted him to pieces.
And you'd be as bad. Just stay away :)