PDA

View Full Version : Rule Questions

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:42:47 PM
If a group goes doesn't have a fleet and therefor cannot be attacked by a fleet (or conquered) is there a limit to how long they can hold a planet if they are inactive? For example I create group "X" and they go inactive for about 8 months, with none of their members posting. Can their world be considered free game?

TheHolo.Net
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:48:20 PM
Planet grabbing is generally frowned upon, as it is a god modish type behavior.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 4th, 2002, 02:28:16 AM
Well... I had no plans to do so, I only asked because it seemed like something that should be brought up for the sake of eventuality. If a group is dead, then all their planets would essentially just be out there, no one actually doing anything with them. Maybe it would make sense to have a limit on how long an active group can hold on to more than just their main planet. Would something like that be decided on a case by case basis?

Pierce Tondry
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:42:18 PM
Just offhand, I would think that the dissolution of a group OOC works out to a dissolution IC. The government holding the planets together goes bankrupt, say, and the planets have to fend for themselves. If someone is really interested in claiming a planet previously claimed but then neglected, I would think they wouldn't mind making the effort to explain out what happened in the RP where they attempt to claim it.

But even as an "eventuality" case, this is still a tricky subject because of where it can lead, which is right back to the logistical nightmare that preceded the common sense rule. Case by case with an eye towards preventing the "planet grab" mentality seems to be the way to go.

But this is just me interjecting an opinion. Charley, is the main mod for this area, and it's his thoughts that would define where this goes.

Zorin Hexes
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:01:33 PM
Hmm, all right. I asked because sometimes groups just vanish without actually making any sort of announcements. x_x Then the planet that they previously held would just float there doing nothing, and because of the "win by default" rule you could never take the planet and actually use it...

Sanis Prent
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:57:41 PM
case-by-case is the best yardstick in this. If somebody drops off the face of the earth for a few months, then, perhaps. But there are a myriad of extenuating circumstances. You'd really have to try to contact somebody in the group. If you made many efforts, and all crapped out, I'd say you were in the clear.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 7th, 2002, 01:32:55 AM
Alright, thanx for your time. :)

RogueLeader
Feb 28th, 2003, 08:47:21 PM
Question:

In order to begin RPing here on the boards, do you just make a post stating your character stats and then begin? Or is there something else to it? :huh

TheHolo.Net
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:08:05 PM
Have a look at the and then take a look around the <a href=forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=2>Out of Character (showthread.php?s=&threadid=52>Roleplaying) forum. The OOC forum is a much better place to ask questions like the one you just asked than this forum is.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 2nd, 2003, 07:38:47 AM
Well, technically this is the OOC forum, if you make the name into an acronym...:lol.