PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Privacy and Me

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:17:20 PM
I needed a public place to post this and felt the need to do it as soon as possible. Do not engage with me in any conversations via AIM or messages via PM unless you promise to respect the privacy of said mediums of communication.

Personally, I find this a very serious issue and now demand confidentiality from those with whom I talk and message, in return you have my unconditional confidentialiy. It is the fundamental basis of said methods of communication, otherwise they wouldn't be needed outside of a public message board.

If anyone else agrees with what I am saying then I advise you make it perfectly clear to people with whom you talk via IM programs and PM systems that they shouldn't bother contacting you unless they agree to keep it private unless clear permission is given. I have seen this simple matter of respect breached on numerous occassions and as such am covering my back. That is all.

Xazor Elessar
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:22:04 PM
I agree with you Loki. I would hope that everyone I speak to through any sort of messanging (PM for me anyway) would be kept confidential. I do not hope for them on any terms to reveal what I've said to anyone without my given permission. I've seen it happen and it's happened to me, so I would also appreciate those whom I corrospond with to keep things private. That's why it's called a Private Message, right? Unless I give someone permission to discuss it with another, I wish everyone to keep what I say confidential as stated before.

I too do the same, Loki....I tell nothing of anyone's business who PMs me. I hope this doesn't turn into a prob in the future.

Vinny Red
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:01:37 PM
It's a matter of common courtesy. I agree completely, and applaud the initiative to post this.

Jehova Eaven
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:29:09 PM
Well, I don't know if you mean that people have been posting your private conversations, but that was discussed a while back in <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11606&perpage=20>this</a> thread. I don't recall what the end result of it was.

If I talk to you, rest assured I won't be showing your conversation to anyone (unless I ask you first). :)

ReaperFett
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:36:50 PM
I go to a limit. I dont mind my IMs or PMs being posted if it is funny, and NOONE will be offended.

Kelt Simoson
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:50:05 PM
Agreed

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:58:08 PM
I agree also