PDA

View Full Version : Fiend/Dios

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:31:45 AM
I came in late on this uprising today, but I would like to know what we're planning on doing/have done about this.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:49:22 AM
Have their been problems with him in our forums? (SWR SWST OOC)

Shawn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 04:55:35 AM
Well, his post in Storytelling can be considered god-moding and breaking of fleet rules.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:54:13 AM
I don’t really think we can dictate what happens so much in a forum where RPs are closed unless asked to. If no RPers that are in the thread(s) are complaining then the closed thread should be allowed to progress however those involved see fit. I’ve always considered closed RPs more of a fan-fiction type of thing, that we have little say in, unless complaints are brought forward.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:52:17 PM
fleet rules?

o_O

Shouldn't anything fleet wise be open in the rolepaying forum anyway?

TheHolo.Net
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:17:26 PM
God mode issues that persist should be discussed in public for all to contribute to IMO. Small instances that are cleared up quickly and easily are different and can be handled quietly and discreetely.

(Read LDs posts at FW)

Shawn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 04:53:57 PM
Well, everyone in the "wtf" thread is basically saying "leave it up to the RP Mods". So, instead of letting the responsibility bounce back and forth like a tennis match, I stepped in and posted my ruling on it. Any of the other members of the RP staff may feel free to post their own opinions/rulings, including ones that may contradict mine.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:01:58 PM
I'm both a mod at GJO and the RP forums, meaning I should have something to say on it in both places.. The instance of it being discussed here in this forum means to me that there are problems in the RP forums that we are responsible for. The RP forums, not the group forums.

As for GJO, I'm still trying to ingest it all and collect my thoughts in a understandable and clear way before I say what my stance is.

But thanks for picking it up in that thread where no one really wants to officially deal with it. I am of the opinion that it is a GJO issue and should be dealt with by them, since the thread in question is in their forums as far as I know. But being GJO staff now means I should step forward and say something about it, and I do intend to as soon as I understand everything. Dios' posts are so hard to understand or even stand reading since the paragraphs are massive and not broken up into smaller pieces.

Shawn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:14:26 PM
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. :x

My first reaction was "wtf he is on about?". Still, I feel that the matter could potentially affect the main board, since he does have the battlestation in existance, as evidenced by the ST thread.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:22:19 PM
I covered that in my response in Avalon. (the battlestation)

Shawn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:27:44 PM
:thimb

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:58:27 AM
o_O

I have had several complaints logged against him as a RPer in RPing threads. However in those cases another mod (Taylor) was involved with the fights, and I was not officially ever asked to intervene.

Taylor Millard
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:58:25 AM
Yeah I just kinda tried to roll with the punches there. I didn't see it right for me to wield my mod powers for fear of someone saying, "Oh you're doing it just 'cause you didn't get what you want."

I do know this...when Millard slashed Fiend's throat (something I knew he would survive, plus I cleared it with one of you guys, can't remember who) it really set him off. Silus apparently had to calm him down some.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:23:19 PM
Creating a station in one post is still considered moding no matter what forum its in.

If we go by what you just said, Ogre, then LD could start a ST RP, in which she makes a SSD out of nothing...or finds one parked in her backyard. Then I could take it into the RPing forum and use it. I don't see the point, it ISN't a fanfic, its just a closed thread.

Did that make sense? *tries to stop blathering on*

TheHolo.Net
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:34:37 PM
Have a read of my post in the OOC forum in Avalon in response to the issue to understand my stance a little better. :)

It can be done in ST, but does not have to be accepted by the general RP community since it was a closed topic is the basic jist.