PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to the Lightsaber (Rognan Dar)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:11:54 PM
Kindo sat upon the floor of one of the numerous training arenas, eyes shut and completely still. He had been meditating for nearly an hour, allowing the Force to bring him peace and comfort. Though being a Jedi was the most important thing to him, having to deal with one conflict after another made it oftentimes difficult to maintain peace. Getting a chance to sit down and forget everything around you, to lose yourself in the power of the Force, was something he found very important.

Ki Adi was awaiting the arrival of his young learner Rognan Dar, so that they could begin training. He knew that Maia had already introduced him to Force telekinesis, now he wanted to get him familiar with the Jedi arts of lightsaber combat.

Though he appeared to be perfectly calm on the outside, he couldn't wait for Rognan to show up. Being able to spend time with his new apprentice was something he longed for, and to be able to start teaching him the ways of the Force was incredible. This was Kindo's very first training session with his very first Padawan, and he would do his best to be has great of a master to his Padawan has Maia had been to him.

As he continued meditating, a small grin appeared across his face...

Rognan Dar
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:49:57 PM
Rognan couldn't wait for his traning to begin, he was awake all night thinking about that he couldn't sleep. He had so much energy that he literaly bounced off the walls, he couldn't control himself untill his Wevicat pounced on him to keep him from walking a hole in the floor.

"Sorry Yarden, couldn't help myself. Oh look, time to go, see you later."

Rognan walked out of his room trying to keep his speed boosting problem under control. He made it to the training grounds and started looking for Kindo, he didn't know where he was so it took him some time to find him.

When he stood before him he could see that he was meditating, but Rognan being a Lorrdian could tell that he was troubled, but he just stood there waiting for him to be done.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 4th, 2002, 07:36:02 PM
Keeping his eye's closed and body motionless, he spoke to Rognan via the Force. Because he was constantly trying to keep himself centered within the Force, he found himself communicating in this manner often.

- Greetings, I see you brought your lightsaber with you. You'll be needing it. -

Though the young Lorridian could hear Ki Adi's voice in his head, he had not the faintest idea of how it got there.

Rognan Dar
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:30:25 PM
Rognan looked around to see who was talking to him, for he did not see his master open his mouth and thought somone else said somthing. But there was noone else around that could have spoke to him, he looked back at Kindo and asked him a question.

"Did you say somthing to me Master? and yes I did bring my Lightsaber."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 7th, 2002, 01:31:34 AM
Kindo's eyes opened at last, and he arose from the floor and began walking over to Rognan. His face was glowing with a bright smile has he stood before his first Padawan.

" I assure you had a good night's rest? "

With his eyes still resting on the young learner, he began unclipping the steel hilt hanging from his belt.

Rognan Dar
Dec 7th, 2002, 02:10:28 AM
"Well, not the kind that would be good, but I am as ready as ever." Rognan said eagerly.

Rognan could also see that Ki Adi was removing the steel handle that he called a lightsaber, though he didn't know what it was for or what it did, he just watched and listened.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:38:42 PM
" Great. "

He then turned around and walked a few feet away, only to pause and turn back around. Has he held the shimmering hilt out before him, many of it's features catching and reflecting back a flicker of light here and there.

" This, my Padawan, is the lightsaber. "

Immediately following his words, he ran his finger over the ignition switch, bringing the saffron beam of highly focused energy to life. Has he waved it back and forth, it created its usual humming noise, something had heard so much he was able to hear it in the midst of large crowds.

" The weapon of the Jedi for many centuries. This energized blade has the ability to cut through just about anything, except for a few rare metals and of course, other lightsabers. It can reflect blaster shots and shoot them right back at whoever shot them. A lightsaber is an elegant weapon, something that must be used with complete understanding or not used at all. You must respect it's power, know everything that its capable of.

It is only a last resort, something only to be used when no other options or means of negotiation are left. Always, peaceful settlements. This weapon cannot, and will not be handled in any way other than its sole purpose. I will teach you how to wield your lightsaber with exact precision and skilled maneuvers. You will learn every aspect of this one weapon, and by the time of your promotion you will be fully trained in the combat area of the Jedi. "

Rognan Dar
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:26:19 AM
Rognan was surprised when the lightsaber turned on and a flash of light came out, it was somewhat beatiful in its own way. The sound was a odd one to his ears, he wasn't expecting to hear a humming sound come from a beam of light.

"I don't mean to be rude but why can't it be used for any other purpose." Rognan said as he took his lightsaber off of his his belt and looked at the piece of steel. "Respect? Why must one respect a piece of metal, isn't it just a weapon?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:54:46 PM
" A lightsaber possesses great power, power to save lives or take them. This power must be harnessed and respected, so if you choose to toy with your's or use it for unnecessary reasons, trust me, it won't end well. "

He spoke has if he had learned what he said from experience, after all, a barely noticable scar on his left forearm didn't just magically appear there. He laughed thinking about it, but he remembered how unfunny it was that day. He learned his lesson the hard way, though he hoped Rognan wouldn't have to.

Rognan Dar
Dec 12th, 2002, 07:31:12 PM
"Yes master, I'm sorry I questioned your knowlage." Rognan said looking down at the floor feeling foolish for asking such a question, but it was the only way that he learned, even if he made a fool of himself.

Rognan held up his lightsaber and then looked at Ki Adi.

"May I?" Rognan said indicating the lightsaber.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 12th, 2002, 08:21:47 PM
" No need to apologize. The only way you are going to learn is if you have questions, rather they sound stupid or not. "

Kindo glanced back at Rognan, giving a bewildered look.

" May you what? "

Rognan Dar
Dec 12th, 2002, 08:41:29 PM
"Are you not going to teach me how to use a lightsaber?" Rognan said understanding that he did not ask right.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 17th, 2002, 07:40:37 PM
" Why yes, of course, but you must understand these things I've taught you, and then and only then will you be able to wield a lightsaber. "

With his glowing saber still in one hand, Ki Adi reached down toward his left side, grabbing the polished blaster that rested in a holster on his belt. Removing it, he lightly tossed it to unsuspecting Rognan, who didn't have a clue what to do with it or why he had it.

" Shoot me. "

The Knight gripped his lightsaber with both hands and held it out before him.

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:37:50 PM
"Let me get this strait, you want me to shot you?" Rognan said puzzled. Why would he want me to shot him, and what if I hit him and kill him...what would happen to me then, he wondered to himself.

"Ok, but remember, you asked me to do it." Rognan said aiming the blaster at kindo, but off to the side a little, so that way he wouldn't hit him.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:56:17 PM
Has Rognan's finger pulled back the trigger, a crimson laser shot out of the barrel and to Kindo, creating a loud blast that echoed throughout the arena. It was almost impossible to watch has the shot streaked forward, and it seemed even more mysterious how anybody, even Jedi, could ever dodge or deflect something going that fast.

Before the shot could continue any further, Ki Adi raised his lightsaber above his head and brought it down in a rapid diagonal slash, a motion that appeared to Rognan has nothing more than a yellow blur, but it became clear what had happened when the shot's route, before he even could blink, was sent back in the opposite direction.

The redirected shot passed by the attentive learner and right into a wall, which absorbed the speeding energy.

" A lightsaber can deflect blaster fire and depending on the angle, will send the shot wherever. "

Kindo swept his hand back over the hilt of the saber, turning off the saffron blade. Clipping it back on his belt, he looked back at the confused Padawan and extended his hand, gesturing for something.

" Give me the firearm, please. "

Rognan Dar
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:06:10 PM
Rognan was stunned at what just happened, he just stood there for a second before remembering that he was with Kindo and he just asked for the weapon that he was holding.

"Um...here." Rognan said handing over the weapon still a bit dazed at how close the laser blast had come to his head.

"Did you do that on purpose, I mean you tried to get it close to my head, or did that just happen?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:00:35 AM
" At the right angle, a lightsaber is able to deflect a laser and send it right back at whoever shot it. Similar to when you throw a ball at a wall, it bounces back and at right angles, may even hit you back. "

What Kindo did next was even more puzzling. Instead of placing the blaster back in it's holster like expected, he raised the blaster and aimed it at Rognan, actually off toward his side a foot or two.

" Now you deflect a shot, just has I did. "

He gave a clever smile, waiting for his Padawan to react stunned by what he just told him.

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:30:09 PM
Rognan rased a eyebrow at his Master, was he smoking something, Rognan thought to himself. How could I do what he did, I have no clue what to do, but I'll try it anyway.

Rognan looked at his belt and unhooked the lightsaber that was hanging there. He held it in his hand and then switched the activation button that shot out a bright blue light. Rognan almost droped the lightsaber because of the instent resolt. He held it infront if him, between the blaster and himself.

"Ok, I'm ready."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:01:41 AM
With the blaster aimed and ready, Kindo uttered something under his breath.

" May the Force be with you. "

Just has soon has he could pull back the hesitant trigger, the bolt shot toward Rognan's side. Unfortunately, the speed of the bolt was way too much for the young one to handle, causing the bolt to fly past him and into a wall, all transpiring in less than a second.

Rognan Dar
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:23:13 AM
Rognan was waiting for the shot, but when it came at him he steped to the side. It was to fast for him, he almost didn't see it coming.

"Um....I dont think I can do this."

He pointed the lightsaber downward and waited for his masters respons.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:42:22 AM
" And there is a reason for that, my young learner. That is because without using the Force, most of the usual things Jedi are able to do become impossible. Allow the Force to flow through and within you, allow it to direct your senses and enhance your abilities, and you'll be be able to do all these things. "

Rognan Dar
Dec 26th, 2002, 06:00:29 PM
Rognan was unsure of what Ki Adi was talking about, but he knew he should listen to what he said. He tried thinking of the Force, but not knowing how to do this, all he could do is try. He closed is eye's, hoping it would provide more consintration.

After a few minutes of trying, he felt like something was going on inside of him. He opened his eye's and looked at Kindo.

"I think I did something, but I dont know what and not sure how to do what you said...but I want to try again."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 27th, 2002, 07:31:27 PM
Kindo placed the blaster he held back in it's holster at his side.

" Not today. We're going to begin working on meditation next, but thats after we venture off to some things I'd like to show you.

I know you wouldn't be able to deflect a blaster shot, and there was a reason I asked you to do it anyways. I wanted you to understand how impossible it is do something has routine to the Jedi has deflecting that shot, without the guidance and help of the living Force. "

Rognan Dar
Dec 27th, 2002, 08:33:11 PM
Rognan was a little disapointed, he wanted to try again. He never wanted to just quit something that was started but if his master thought that he shouldn't do it, then he would respect his masters disition.

"Yes master, but what is meditation?" He said turning off his lightsaber.