PDA

View Full Version : Hudson Hawk - A film ahead of it's time?

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:56:33 PM
When this one came out, it was MASSACRED by peoples opinions.

But have you seen it recently? In an age where films like Austin Powers are loved, it fits in well.

It's funny what a difference ten years makes :)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:08:52 PM
o_O

repeat after me REAP{. DRUGS BAD!!!

j/k
I have always like Hudson hawk,But than agian I normally like movies others hate and vice/versa.I thought Hudson was a well thoughtout funny movie. There are parts that are a riot(just a few).

OT: speaking of funny. I took a break from watching AOTC for the 87 time and watched a little of Indy jones crusade. The scene where they are on the blimp and harrison is dressed like a waiter/stewart and threw that german out the window and looked at evryone and said (he had no ticket) and they all flung out there's was HILARIOUS:lol :lol :lol

still need to see the reat of it:\

Jedieb
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:26:36 PM
Bruce Willis was as hot as anyone could be when he made Hudson Hawk. The movie got made primarily with his new found B.O. clout. It's a testament to his career that he survived that debacle. I was pretty excited about it, but even great casting like Andie McDowel, James Coburn, and Danny Aiello couldn't save it. It was rightly rejected by critics and audiences. It just didn't work. A much better low grossing Willis flick was his ultra violent remake of A Fistful of Dollars. If I remember right it was directed by.... (The same guy who did Blue Thunder, I just can't remember the name.) A score by Ry Cooter and a great performance from Christopher Walker sold me on the movie. Not as good as the Eastwood original, but not too bad. I enjoyed watching it and matching the scenes and events to the original. Interesting, the studio had an inkling the film wouldn't do well and never really pushed the AFoD connection. Something I could never understand. I think it would have helped sell the movie.

ReaperFett
Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:10:04 PM
Last Man Standing. I love that one :)

Mu Satach
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:09:42 PM
I love Hudson Hawk! I think it was the first DVD I bought too.

After I walked out of the theater I had no idea what a cappuccino was... but I knew I had to have one. ;)

I think a lot of problems at the box office was in it's marketing. People & Critics went to it expecting something akin to Die Hard and instead get slapstick with old showtunes. Hudson Hawk was more like an old Bob Hope, Bing Crosby road movie and if it had been marketed a bit better I think it would have done alright. :)

"Bunny... ball ball... "

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:22:48 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Bruce Willis was as hot as anyone could be when he made Hudson Hawk. The movie got made primarily with his new found B.O. clout. It's a testament to his career that he survived that debacle. I was pretty excited about it, but even great casting like Andie McDowel, James Coburn, and Danny Aiello couldn't save it. It was rightly rejected by critics and audiences. It just didn't work. A much better low grossing Willis flick was his ultra violent remake of A Fistful of Dollars. If I remember right it was directed by.... (The same guy who did Blue Thunder, I just can't remember the name.) A score by Ry Cooter and a great performance from Christopher Walker sold me on the movie. Not as good as the Eastwood original, but not too bad. I enjoyed watching it and matching the scenes and events to the original. Interesting, the studio had an inkling the film wouldn't do well and never really pushed the AFoD connection. Something I could never understand. I think it would have helped sell the movie.

Thanks for that insight JON, oh OOPPSS I mean EB(S):lol :lol ;)

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:34:38 PM
Them's fightin' words Buff!!! When did I call anyone stupid? ;)

I remembered the title earlier today, but that damn director's name is still bouncing around in my subconscious. I won't look it up either. Was it Walter Hill? Wait, where are my pills? Where am I? Who the hell are you people?!

ReaperFett
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:39:07 PM
Walter Hill. Also part wrote this and Alien

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:03:48 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Them's fightin' words Buff!!! When did I call anyone stupid? ;)

:lol :lol :lol :lol

just so everyone knows I ment it as a Joke , i think Jon is a good guy:)

But Eb(s) the jury is still out :D

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:12:43 PM
I think I may have to thrash you!

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:18:42 PM
:uhoh ->-> -> EXIT