PDA

View Full Version : *Time enough* (challenge to Anbira)

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:29:44 PM
*It was a different world than when he'd left. The Sith Empire was gone, and none of it's survivors could he find anywhere.. He'd returned to Mistress Dalethria, but he could not extinguish the feeling he now could not help but harbor - That he had no home. At the Empire, he had trained extensively, with but a single goal in mind.. Extinguish the Jedi way from the galaxy.. No wait, that hadn't been his only goal, Had it.. He had wanted to grow stronger in hopes of one day being strong enough to defeat the then-Sith Master Anbira Hicchoru in battle, as doing so would be a sign that he was ready to go after his other goal.. Anbira was a Jedi now, but his strength still lived.., or so he believed..*

*Sith Lord Miryan no Trunks had sent the man a message. A challenge. He knew not how well he'd do, but perhaps even if he fought, and was bested by Anbira, it would renew his reason to go on, alone in the Galaxy. And if he defeated the man, the legend? Well that in itself would renew his reason to go on, Wouldn't it.. For it would show that he had finally become strong enough to realize his dreams.. Perhaps he was delusional for even humoring the idea of being able to defeat Anbira, but then, he'd just have to wait and see, now wouldn't he?*

*Standing silently in meditation, MnT brought himself back into reality.. He was about as prepared as he was going to get. Looking around, MnT felt he had picked the best possible spot for this battle.. The sky was light but overcast, the grey clouds slowly moving along down towards the horizon. The land around him was flat, grassy patches sticking out of the dirt, with but a few trees here and there.. However, behind him and back a couple hundred yards, the land was torn and shredded into huge canyons, where immense energy meteors had once pummeled and cratered the ground.. This was the birthing place of his ambition to fight and best Anbira Hicchoru.. This was where he had once been tested by the man, and given a glimpse into the powers he wielded. And now, years later, it was time enough to find out just how much that ambition had helped him grow...*

edit: added some typey to the first paragraph, to make it read more accurately =^

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:35:53 PM
I have received your summons, Miryan no Trunks, student of Dalethria Mal Pannis.

:: Anbira approached the man, shrouded in a dark cloak, and walking slowly towards him. ::

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:44:24 PM
... Greetings Master Hicchoru, It's been some time since I last saw you.. I trust you've been well?

*He honestly meant the words.. If it turned out that Anbira had been, or was ill, or recovering from an injury, there was simply no point in commencing with this fight.. After all, there was little honor in knowingly fighting someone who was not at their best. Looking upon the legend of a man, MnT wondered what little truth there was to the belief that the Dark Side ages it's students long before their time, for up until Anbira had gotten amnesia, and gone Jedi, he had seemed Much younger.. Perhaps he Was ill after all..*

ooc: =^

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:59:12 PM
I have been. And you? I sense that our encounter is not to exchange pleasantries and idle conversation. Something more pressing, perhaps?

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 16th, 2002, 01:10:40 PM
... That is good to hear, I myself have been well enough.. And naturally, you are correct..

*Standing there unmoving, MnT continued to stare right into the probing eyes of the Jedi Master undaunted.. *

... I have asked you out here this day in hopes that you will grant me the honor of a battle.. You will not remember it, but years ago you had tested me in these same grounds, and your strength had been inspiration to grow as strong as I could myself.. I am here to see just how far I've come, or alternatively, how far I have yet to go..

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 17th, 2002, 08:28:23 PM
:: Anbira took several moments to think of this ::

You are a Ronin, Miryan. There is no banner left to wave before the fight.

Why do you carry your sword now? The Old Empire is no more, and our time is changing.

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 18th, 2002, 10:36:41 AM
.. Our time Is changing.. And like with all change, we have the choice to ignore the change and hope everything will decide to stay the same in the end, or accept it, rising up to come out on top..

*As he spoke, a slight wind picked up, causing his trenchcoat to flutter slightly against it.. The breeze carried upon it a strange energy, one of battle, of war.. *

... I used to fight for the Empire, True, but that is not to say my sword was borne of, or For the empire.. TSE was my home, and my training.. Now I may not be part of any named group, but I still fight for the Sith, and for myself...

*As he continued speaking, one of MnT's eyebrows tilted upwards slightly, offering in his visage, a quizzical expression*

... Now I ask of You Anbira.. Have you heard not of nature? The strongest survive to ensure that the gene pool remains as powerful as possible, whilst the weak and useless are picked off.. Why do you help those who would not even help themselves? Those who would rather roll over in the face of adversity, ducking their heads beneath the sand in hope that someone stronger will come and save them, instead of rising up to the challenge and proving themselves the better for it.. If people do not learn to deal with the hands fate gives them, they will always need to, if not Want to rely on others to do so for them.. And what can such a person possibly offer the galaxy? "Even the weakest survive" has never worked for the better in my recollection..

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 19th, 2002, 05:03:33 PM
Were sentient beings mere animals perhaps. Strength can no longer be measured in muscle and guile of body. The mind is the greatest of powers, even when the body is feeble.

You are wise enough to understand these things, so I now implore you to hear.

Miryan no Trunks
Dec 19th, 2002, 07:08:55 PM
... And what seperates us from mere animals? The ability to think and reason? I think not, for there are many species throughout the galaxy considered mere animals, that can do both.. The only true seperation I can think of is our greed.. And if such is what you're referring to, then I wonder if we should be Proud to be "above" mere animals.. As for strength, you are mostly right, Anbira.. While the strength of the body plays a minor part nowadays, it is still important, as being both the shell, and the focal point, of the mind.. However, I never said that my strength lies in body alone, nor would I ever want it to..

*He took in a deep breath, feeling the wind pick up a bit more..*

... And you never answered my question..

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2003, 12:09:50 AM
What is left to fight for? We could be comrades, Miryan...not rivals. I do not draw a saber on a whim.

Miryan no Trunks
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:40:42 PM
... What is left to fight for? Honor, if not beliefs alone.. And do not mistake me, Anbira, I would not want you for an active enemy, but I could not be your comrade save if you left the Jedi.. I could never be one myself.. However, if you will not fight me, then I shall rest my blades for now, as there would be no honor in Forcing you into combat..