PDA

View Full Version : Anakin in Episode 3

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:19:11 AM
Hayden Christensen has already begun a rigorous work-out regiment. As they put it, he's "beefing up" and getting into top physical shape. In a recent issue of Star Wars Insider Rick McCallum stated that "Hayden will change physically in this film." He's going to be bigger... and not just for the Vader stuff. It also means Hayden as Anakin will likely be a more imposing figure as well. Hayden starting lifting weights and working out 6 weeks ago... and he will continue to keep in shape all the way into and through the end of filming (another year or two).

Nick Gillard is already blocking "at least one" duel between Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan. In fact, he began some work in August.

Both Hayden and Ewan McGregor will report to Fox Studios Australia as soon as late February or early March to begin working on the duel(s)...a full 3-4 months before shooting begins. (Principal Photography is still set to kick off on June 26, 2003).

Great stuff! Hayden said that he and Ewan would get together early to make the greatest duel ever, and it looks like it's happening!

Jedieb
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:02:32 PM
If it were me, I'd want Obi-Wan to get lucky. We saw how easily Dooku handled both Obi-Wan and Anakin. I want to see an Anakin that's virtually unstopable. Let him take out Dooku and maybe even Mace. Then let him bring Obi-Wan to the brink of destruction, with only a lucky blow or an outside force (Padme perhaps?) save him.

darth_mcbain
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:37:50 PM
I don't know - I think I'd rather see a fairly even duel, with Obi-Wan having the upper hand. Vader says in ANH, "When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the Master", so I would like for Obi-Wan to still be the Master here. Of course, in the Master-Padawan relationship he is Master as the title implies, but I would like for him to have a few tricks up his sleeve.

Jedieb
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:42:06 PM
I would like to see them both stronger in EP2. The thing is, who's going to take out Dooku? Shouldn't it be one of them, or perhaps Mace? You'd think that both Mace and Dooku have to die. Anakin is probably going to take one, if not both of them out. To do that he's going to have to be far more powerful than he was in AOTC. Maybe that's why Lucas has him bulking up.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:36:31 PM
Impulsively I want to see an awesome back and forth battle just because it would be great. Logically, it makes alot more sense for Anakin to always be on the attack, always pushing Obi Wan to the limits. Obi Wan should not be able to defeat Anakin, as Anakin will have something to prove to him. That rant that Anakin fires off about Obi Wan us what will propel Anakin to defeat Obi Wan, or seemingly. Obi Wan will win by some bit of luck, or some last resort desperation type move. But what I don't want to see is Anakin slip and fall off a cliff or something. That would be highway robbery.

BUFFJEDI
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:12:05 PM
Didn't i say a LONG time ago he should and would have to , to be taken seriously:smokin

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:19:14 PM
Yeah, obviously someone was listening! :)

It makes more sense to have him be bigger in E3 because now he's discovering his power, growing stronger and angrier by the day. His bulking up is another visual manner in which we see Vader's transformation. In AotC he was a boy coming into a man's body, now that body is filling out, so he needs to have some physical change to him.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:58:26 PM
I don't want to see a one-sided match between Obi-Wan and Anakin. I mean sure, I beleieve there has to be a dang good--and I mean dang good--reason that Yoda and Obi-Wan ran and hid. Ani/Vader must be a dang good opponent.

HOWEVER

I also believe in Yoda's infinite wisdom. Why else would he flee Vader and hide on Degobah? Because he had to fill his role in the Force. To train Luke Skywalker, the great savior. And Obi-Wan had to be there to get him into action, or he might have wasted away on Tattooine. They had the wisdom to see beyond the moment, I guess.

But yeah, I am all about seeing him as the threat he is always described as being. The 'great Jedi' and the reason why Obi-Wan doesn't just whoop him. Who knows how it will go? Oh wait, I can think of one man who knows....:D

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:28:27 PM
I just hope he doesn't let us down. There's so much more of Anakin I want to see before he turns bad.

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:37:12 PM
I heard James Earl Jones was going to dub over his voice. I hope not...it would be too weird! :lol

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:59:54 PM
He's supposedly got 5 minutes of time. Probably just an intro scene, kind of like when Frankenstein is born! :lol

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:30:35 PM
Somewhere, I had read that he was voicing like 30 % of the film. Hmmmm...guess I can scratch that source of the list of reliability. :D

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:51:31 PM
Hey, you never know what's going to happen. Episode 3 could be 15 minutes long. Then 5 minutes WOULD be 30%!

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:56:46 PM
that would be.......really good for people with short attention spans :)

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:01:46 AM
Yeah! :lol

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:17:03 AM
True. I didn't know how much of 'armored Vader' we see, you know? Somewhere, I read that at least at the end, he will be in some type of armor, whether it is the exact same or not. I imagine Lucas will attempt to make it look 'older' than the Original Trilogy armor.

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:42:39 AM
I hope we see the original armor, but something tells me it won't be exactly the same. I sure hope I'm wrong though.

Master Aryalus
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:44:47 AM
An accident occurs involving Anakin whilst he is seperated from Obi - Wan. This is why Vader wears that armor,it is actually a life support system.

I do believe that we will be seeing that Vader armor in Episode 3.

:D

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:25:55 AM
We will be seeing Vader, but we don't know for how long. Apparently James Earl Jones has only signed on to do 5 minutes of the movie. But I don't even think that is a fact yet.

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:34:51 AM
I heard that Anakin falls into a volanco......wtf. That seems kinda lame to me, but that's why he needs the life support system. I can see why he becomes evil - first his hand, than falling in a volcano :lol

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 3rd, 2002, 04:16:06 PM
Master Aryalus--

I had always read that the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin/Vader fight ended in that injury--that he was somehow knocked into a molten pit or some hazard and injured that way. So, Obi-Wan may have thought he was dead. But when Vader showed up, he knew the dfference.

I dunno--I could be (and am usually) wrong. :D

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 04:35:40 PM
No, that sounds like it would work though. I have no clue what they would do...I just hope it's well done. :)

Darth \/ader
Dec 3rd, 2002, 04:45:49 PM
Originally posted by Terran Starek
Master Aryalus--

I had always read that the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin/Vader fight ended in that injury--that he was somehow knocked into a molten pit or some hazard and injured that way. So, Obi-Wan may have thought he was dead. But when Vader showed up, he knew the dfference.

I dunno--I could be (and am usually) wrong. :D

in the star wars book by george lucas (which was ghost written) it does say that Anakin fell into lava, but i really don't think that's the way it will happen. the nasty scar on vader's head looks like a saber burn so i think obi-wan may cut off his other arm, maybe a stab to the chest (which would explain why vader needs a machine to breathe) and also the hit to the head and then probably leaves thinking anakin is dead.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 3rd, 2002, 04:52:45 PM
That could be true. I really have no clue--just speculating.

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:39:05 PM
A dip in a pool of acid would make you all kinds of messed up. I don't know if it's worth speculating on the specific injuries he might incur! :lol