PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw TPM

Dae Jinn
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:06:02 PM
Mostly because it was on TV, it was a better choice than football :x and Fett and Ori insisted I actually watch it.....and.....

It didn't suck as badly as I thought it would.
I found parts of it slow, and it lacked the spirit and feeling of the original ones IMO. I personally didn't care that Jinn died, because they didn't seem to make Maul that bad of a bad guy :x I really didn't care for the kid who played Anakin, Natalie Portman or all the CGI creatures. I also was really weirded out by Samuel L Jackson, since all the movies I have seen him in have been, unjedi-ish roles :lol

I did enjoy the end saber fight, and the small fight between Maul and Jinn in the desert. All in all, an okay movie.
*hopes she doesn't get flamed now :(*

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:07:52 PM
Alot of folks here feel the same way you do DJ! ;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:17:07 PM
Good! i had never seen it before today, actually. People said it was good, but it wasn't great. The OT were great IMO. You actually cared about the characters because they expressed EMOTION!!! :lol But Liam Nieson (spelling is off I bet) was good, Ewan McGregor was...Ewan ;) Nice Jedi eye-candy. I just thought some of the acting was life-less. It bothered me a lot that Anakin didn't cry when Jinn died. I mean, this guy saves your little annoying butt from being a slave, and you don't shead a single tear for the man?!?! :lol
The saber fights were well done, liked those a lot :) Most of it was bleh though IMO.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:19:54 PM
That's everyone's big complaint about it. The characters were flat and emotionless, aside from the 2 main jedi, as you mentioned. I thought Palpatine was good though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:23:37 PM
You might say the same for AotC, unfortunately. Its a little livelier, but over all, I much prefer the OT to the prequels.

Still, its tons of fun getting all hyped up about them and running on in costume to the opening night shows. :crack

Figrin D'an
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:24:10 PM
Question: Does this mean that you saw AOTC before you saw TPM, or have you not yet seen AOTC?

Dae Jinn
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:24:49 PM
yeah he was. :) I thought Maul did an okay job as well, not enough of him though. :\ Hard to fear and hate the Sith when you don't even know a thing about them :lol

I would like to see AOTC but I have seen a little of Haydens acting on TV...wasn't too impressed. :lol

dan - I haven't ever seen AOTC, and this was my first and probably only time seeing TPM :)

Figrin D'an
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:35:34 PM
You'll probably like AOTC a bit better... it isn't quite as lifeless as TPM, and the acting (aside from Portman) is much better... more engauging plot line, better action sequences... some chessy dialogue, but that's to be expected from a Star Wars film...

Dae Jinn
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:38:29 PM
Another thing I missed was witty remarks. I seem to remember a lot of them in the OT :\

And AOTC looks better than TPM from what I have seen. :)

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:42:00 PM
I didn't have a problem with anyone's performance in AotC. Maybe Christensen in a couple parts, most notably the romantic scenes, but that's about it. I find AotC miles ahead of TPM in every aspect.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:52:49 PM
I am total putty in George Lucas' hands when it comes to Star Wars. He could probably take a dump on a roll of film, call it "Episode 24: The Lost Crap," and add a lightsaber effect to one of the peanuts in his poo and I would still pay $7.50 to see it.

Why you may ask?

The lightsaber, of course! It is the coolest weapon to ever be invented--hands down. I love the thing, and Lucas is an incredibly creative mind for coming up with it. I think it is the most elegant, enchanting, and fantastic aspect of the Star Wars universe. And, so, I find myself to be a 'Jedi Guy.' Some people love the technology, some people love the fantasy story, some like the actors/actresses. I love the Jedi and the Force.

ANYWAY--enough of my rant (which tends to happen for me a lot in my threads). I love Star Wars, but I can take criticism.

TPM--Has its downsides. That's the way each one is, of course. It is kind of boring. It has to be. I mean, we have to know about this stuff, and there is no other way to learn about it but watching the movie. Take Episode IV--for a Jedi Guy like myself, it lacked in quality of Jedi action. But it had very important plot details. As does TPM.

AotC--Has its own downsides too. It sometimes had some draggy dialogue and what-not, but it was quite a step-up from TPM. Awesome action, awesome plot-development, and great sory.

FINAL POINT: I still love the new prequels. Why? Simple.

They are about the Jedi.

They chronicle the Order that I fell in love with from the Original Trilogy. They hint at the Order in the old ones, give you pieces of info, insights into its actuall happenings and doings. Now we get to see it in action! See its role, see when there were tons of Jedi and training and Yoda as an active stud.

That's what I have come to love about them.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:59:15 PM
The lightsaber, of course! It is the coolest weapon to ever be invented--hands down. I agree 100%

Lucas IMO does posess the most creative imagination in movies, but lacks in writing/dialogue. Oh well, can't win em all. :)

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:05:15 AM
JMK--

True. My friend will argue to his death that Lucas needs to hire the fellas who did the writing for Empire. He says that was the most well-written movie. I would mostly agree, although I am too enchanted to care. I mean, Star Wars is a fantasy/swashbuckling/romance world, you know? Those types of stories are addicted to cheesey dialogues and corny one-liners. They can't help it. And come on, even Siskel and Ebert can admitt...who doesn't wanna hear Threepios stupid puns? :lol

I believe that Lucas has some issues with casting Skywalkers in general. I mean, Mark Hamil was far from great, the kid in TPM was bad, and Hayden isn't exactly an Anthony Hopkins. They got Darth down perfect.

However, in my twisted mind's eye, it doesn't matter, you know? That's who he casted. That's it. Mark Hamil is Luke Skywalker. Lil Punk Boy is Lil Anakin. Hayden Christenson is Anakin Skywalker. Lucas casted them, and I have to accept it. So, I will instead of worrying about it, you know?

CMJ
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:06:35 AM
The more time that goes by(and the more viewings I take in) the less impressed I am with TPM.

AOTC is great though.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:11:45 AM
Whenever I watch it I just sorta humor it and smile. There are enjoyable aspects to it, but AotC is alot more watchable IMO.

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:15:02 AM
I think I might watch it if they show it on TV again, I wouldn't rent it though. And I will probably have to go out and rent AOTC (but am going to spend my fun money going to see LOTR:TTT first ;))

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:18:59 AM
Can't say I blame you much, I'm starting to see TTT ads on tv and I'm so stoked!

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:20:44 AM
Yup--It has got me worked up too. It is gonna be...excellent, for lack of a more powerful word. :\

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:21:40 AM
I really enjoyed the first film, and I can't wait till Christmas, since I'm getting the special extended edition (on VHS, since I don't own a VCR or DVD ^_^;):lol I'd like to see TTT in the theatre. Honestly, I rarely watch movies at all.

JonathanLB
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:44:29 AM
TPM is one of the greatest films of all time, whether or not any given person chooses to appreciate it.

The more time that passes, the more brilliant it looks. First, it looked much better just seeing it over and over in theaters, and after I watched it before Episode II it seemed even better because I hadn't watched it in quite some time (between the DVD release and Episode II or so, really). Then after AOTC, it looks even better. When the entire saga is finished, it will look the best (that it is going to look) I would imagine.

I am not sure what you're doing on a SW forum if you've never seen AOTC and just now saw TPM, but whatever floats your boat, of course.

The vast majority of people loved TPM as a great introduction to the best movie saga of all time. It's just a shame some people do not appreciate it, either because they lack the desire or the ability, whatever the case.

Hayden is excellent in AOTC, one of the year's best performances.

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:56:08 AM
Originally posted by JonathanLB

I am not sure what you're doing on a SW forum if you've never seen AOTC and just now saw TPM, but whatever floats your boat, of course.

Because I enjoy roleplaying with this group of creative people, I enjoy posting here because I find most of the posters to be inteligent, fun and all around nice. I enjoyed the original SW films, and haven't had much interest in the newer ones. I'm a fan, but I'm not obsessive, I haven't seen the movies a million times, I'm not going to camp out at the theatre to see the latest film by Lucas. Just the way I am :) I'm more into the rp-creative aspect.

I do how-ever, enjoy reading the posts in this forum, even though I don't go and see movies that often. Must be because y'all are such interesting people with cool opinions and points of view ;)

JonathanLB
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:06:22 AM
Well...

... as I said, whatever floats your boat :)

I just don't know why you had the impression that TPM would "suck," as you say, before you saw it. I try not to think that way about movies before I see them unless I really am sure, and if it's Star Wars, why would anyone in their right mind think it would suck?! My god. You saw the OT, they are among the greatest films ever made, according to 95% of critics and like 99% of audiences, hehe. So you shouldn't expect any less of any other Star Wars film, either.

Plus, any film that makes $431 million is not going to be bad, that's just guaranteed.

There are hardly any bad films on the entire top 100 highest grossing movies list. There may be a few here and there that are just mediocre, but actually, the top 100 highest grossing movies list is full of classic 4-star and at least 3-star films. So, when people say their is no correlation between box office success and quality, LOL, that's just laughable. There is a reason why movies make lots of money, and it isn't because they're bad.

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:10:10 AM
And, once I see AOTC, I'll gladly post my opinion of the film here, then you can feel free to agree with it or disagree. Whatever floats your boat :)

The reason why I thought TPM would be less than stellar, is I had seen previews, read reviews and heard opinions. Some good, most bad. I honestly thought it would not be as good as the OT and I was right, it wasn't. You can still think it's a great movie. We're all entitled to our opinions. :)

Darren Caerdeth
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:19:56 AM
Plus, any film that makes $431 million is not going to be bad, that's just guaranteed.

Titanic sold outragious scary amounts of money, and I thought it sucked........

Shawn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:25:54 AM
and if it's Star Wars, why would anyone in their right mind think it would suck?! My god. You saw the OT, they are among the greatest films ever made, according to 95% of critics and like 99% of audiences, hehe. So you shouldn't expect any less of any other Star Wars film, either.Because not all of us are convinced that Lucas can do no wrong? Personally, I thought TPM had very few redeeming qualities. AOTC was much better, but some of the dialogue and scripting could have used some work.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:13:54 AM
Lucas needs to hire a writer. I've been saying that for years. Honest.

I love the OT much much more than the Prequels. 'Nuff said. And you CAN be a SW fan and not see the prequels, as, *gasp* there is more the SW than just those two new movies.

I love the SW books, and I love talking about OT characters...I mean, you can't improve on the relationship between Han and Chewie. The new movies are missing the comraderie (sp?)_felt between people fighting a lost cause. The Rebellion - I mean, that's just it. The Prequels and the OT are just completely different.

And excellent point, Darren. :D

Shawn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:20:34 AM
Home Alone is the 16th highest-grossing flick of all time, with over $230 million. But, as we all know, someone sold their soul to the devil to get the profits up on that one. ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:22:09 AM
Amount of money != Quality. It meant it appealed to someone. Youcant tell me Spiderman is one of the best movies of all time, cuase it sure as hell aint

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:44:13 AM
I just don't know why you had the impression that TPM would "suck," as you say, before you saw it.
Because after 3 years you cant manage to be unbiased from others opinions ;)

I watched TPM the other day, and enjoyed it more, because of EP2.

And it is impossible to compare to the OT, IMO. One many call childish. One we saw as children. Think about it ;)

Shawn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:34:31 AM
I hear that argument all the time, Fett, and it still doesn't hold water for me.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:39:42 AM
Especially when ESB holds strong as a movie even today. And Star Wars itself is called by adult critics and even newbies a great film. Oh, I can compare OT to the NT. And the NT is missing soul and heart, which is it's by far biggest problem

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:51:54 AM
There's a difference between a movie BOTH kids and ADULTS can enjoy Fett ;) OT was something anyone could enjoy, I'm not overly sure about TPM. It just wasn't the same; I have to agree with both LD and Marcus, it was missing the feeling of the previous films. It was okay, but I prefer the OT over it.

And as for being unbiased, I watched it with-out thinking "God, this is going to suck" and it didn't. Not really. It had a few moments, but the lack of feeling, in the acting and between the characters was awful.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:54:51 AM
Agreed. AotC went in the right direction of correcting that, but if these were movies with no dialogue and just Williams' score playing in the background, they would be perfect. Lucas is a VISUAL storyteller and perfers to convey his themes that way rather than have great dialogue. The writing & directing of actors has been a huge minus for the prequels.

And Jon, when people don't like a particular movie that you find brilliant, it's not because they don't want to like it or because they "lack the ability" to like it. Rather, when 90% of people say a movie is a little lacking, it usually means it IS a little lacking.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:30:46 AM
I concurr with most of the opinions stated below yours, Jon. You have to remember that hardcore SW fans are gonna love most things dealing with Star Wars, as they like the SW universe and all of its elements. There aren't a lot of things you could do to kill the interest in SW. Unless, of course, you had them attacked by the Starship Enterprise or something...:p

LD makes an excellent point by hilighting the fact that hundreds of books/comics/short stories are written about the SW Galaxy yearly. George Lucas has created this universe and given it to all creative minds out there to expand on. I think it was really his goal. It has run wild, and in most cases, in a good way. Hell, we have She-elves and Garou and who knows what else living in the Galaxy on these boards! :D

The movies are really, when you boil everything down, the story of one man: Anakin Skywalker. His rise to a Jedi, his fall to the dark side, his reign of terror, and his redemption. It includes a whole lot of other characters, that's for sure, but it always seems to flow around that Skywalker blood, you know? Some parts--some of the people you meet--you aren't gonna like. Some races are childish, some parts of the story are slow, some parts you don't like the way it goes. But I guess that is the diversity of it all.

Ok, that's the end of my novel, which probably made little sense in the end!! :lol

Jedieb
Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:56:18 AM
This is something we haven't seen in awhile, someone on the board who only RECENTLY saw TPM. Throw in the fact that Dae Jinn hasn't seen AOTC yet and you've really got someone who sticks out here. And what's wrong with that? NOT A DAMN THING!

I think it gives Dae Jinn a bit of objectivity and distance most of us don't have because we've been living and breathing these prequels for years now. Not everyone thinks the prequels are gold and it's a small group indeed that believe TPM was the greatest motion picture ever made. I hear many of my own thoughts about the prequel echoed here. I like it, but it's just not up there with the OT, particularly ESB and ANH. But they're not horrible movies by any means. Even in TPM, which like CMJ I've enjoyed less the more I've seen it, there are still moments of pure joy.

We're getting these movies in a much more crowded entertainment landscape than the OT. The OT was far and away superior to other fantasy or sci fi stories of its era. Today the prequels are going up against LOTR and the Matrix. They're not taking out the competition the way the OT did. But we should just be glad we're getting the story completed.

Keep posting Dae Jinn. I look forward to reading your reaction to AOTC. You've got to see that Yoda duel! (And I'm not saying this just to get you to keep posting so I can see that user pic of yours. :rolleyes

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:06:27 AM
Originally posted by Jedieb
This is something we haven't seen in awhile, someone on the board who only RECENTLY saw TPM. Throw in the fact that Dae Jinn hasn't seen AOTC yet and you've really got someone who sticks out here. And what's wrong with that? NOT A DAMN THING!

:lol I'm glad some people think that way! I do!

Keep posting Dae Jinn. I look forward to reading your reaction to AOTC. You've got to see that Yoda duel! (And I'm not saying this just to get you to keep posting so I can see that user pic of yours. :rolleyes

:) I will try to see AOTC. The Yoda fight looks awesome....and glad you like my avatar ;) :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:49:34 PM
I really liked, TPM and still do, actually the more I see it the more I like, especially after seeing AOTC, I am with Reaper here, I think AOTC makes TPM a better film. My favorites part is the political stuff, being a history buff I see the parrells with the rise of the Nazis and the rise of the Roman Empire, etc and those things interest me. I also liked the duel, and I really liked Qui-Gon as a character. I still thought AOTC was better for a lot of different reasons. Of course this is just my opinion and I feel everybody has a different opinion on it. There are people who will see it as the worst SW movie and other as the Best, so there is no point in arguing about it.

Roddy Two
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:08:14 PM
AotC makes TPM a better film, but it still has a taste of "Star Wars Light" to it. It is more "The Hobbit" and less "Fellowship of the Ring", in the sense that it serves as a light-hearted and distant pretext to the real story.

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:19:34 PM
WHile the OT couldnt afford to do this, as they wouldnt have the standalone incase of no sequel.

Especially when ESB holds strong as a movie even today
But you saw it when you were younger. Hence you will always see it in a different light. There is NO WAY that you can remove that from your opinion :)

JediBoricua
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:17:35 PM
I agree with JMC.

I am enjoying TPM the more I see it, yet I find it of lesser quality than the rest.

Now AOTC is a different story, I think it did not only make TPM better, it made the whole OT better. Try watching any of the originals again and many scenes will have new meaning, at least for me they do.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:51:43 PM
I feel much shame, as I haven't watched any of the OT movies since AotC came out. :(

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:54:03 PM
I only have watched ANH and ESB. I dont fully trust my VCR :)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:01:04 PM
JUST NOW SEEING TPM????:huh :huh well I'm only about 768 viewings ahead of you.I have viewed 769 and I can say without a shadow of a doubt it keeps getting better and better each time.I still disagree with anyone who say's it's not great BUT everyone can have there own opinion No matter how bad it is:p ;) . No really I think you should get it on DVD and watch it agian. I feel you will like it more each time you watch it. And after you see and LOVE ATOC's , it makes TPM that much better.:angel .To me TPM is the 2nd best Movie of all time, of course I don't get out much;) .
I'm just glad you finally watched it . Dang crazy kids:grumble

JediBoricua
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:25:41 PM
:lol Fett!

But who says i've been watching my copies? ;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:36:04 PM
Originally posted by BUFFJEDI
. No really I think you should get it on DVD and watch it agian.

Does this mean you'll be buying me a DVD player? ;)

I can't afford to take the bus to work, so I doubt I'll be getting ANYTHING on DVD. Hell, I don't even own a VCR :grumble....:lol

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:51:29 PM
Did you end up walking home from work? :(

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:55:46 PM
My mum came and picked me up :) No work tomorrow, which is great. Thanks for asking JMK :) :lol *didn't expect that at all*

BUFFJEDI
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:14:50 PM
well when I was kid I had to walk forty Miles in the snow with holes in my shoes cause there was NO buses!!

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:17:40 PM
ANd when you were a kid, Bea Arthur wasnt ancient ;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:25:08 PM
:lol

If I have no money or there are no buses, I usually walk. It takes about an hour both ways :x
And BUFF isn't that old is he? :huh

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:29:51 PM
Glad to hear that Dae. :) Mom's taxi coming through again!

Buff is old enough to have a sickening crush on Bea Arthur....that's gotta be pretty old!

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:32:12 PM

He can't be THAT old :x

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:36:13 PM
Why not? Bea Arthur is still a spring chicken!

Threepio
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:00:08 PM
*holds up a blanket in front of Dae's avatar* Mistress Jinn! You will catch cold!

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:03:34 PM
LMAO

Umm...*is wrapped in a blanket* -_- Thanks Threepio? :lol

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:11:11 PM
Methinks she already has! ;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:12:13 PM
*sniffles* I haben't :mneh lol.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:18:53 PM
See? You're busted!

Threepio
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:21:27 PM
Seeing you, Mistress Jinn, reminded me of when I was just made, and the Maker had not seen fit to cover my parts yet. How embarrassing!

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:25:46 PM
Oh hush up Threepio, you're a robot! :p

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:30:18 PM
Ooooo...So you like me better uncovered JMK? ;) :lol

And I am not busted! :cry

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:34:16 PM
As a moderator of these fine forums, I feel I would be letting the general populace down if I let that avatar be taken away or concealed in any way, shape, or form. :)

Just doing my duty.

Threepio
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:35:32 PM
Mistress Dae, flirting is a cultural custom I have never mastered, myself. But, you do it effortlessly! And, Master Kyle, I am a droid, not a robot.

*looks at Dae, who is crying* Oh no. We're doomed.

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:37:22 PM
Uh-huh....:)

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:38:44 PM
Threepio, if I wasn't so busy being hungry, I'd shut you right down!

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:43:26 PM
*"accidently" shuts down threepio*

Oh gee, looks like I'm all alone with JMK :mischief

Threepio
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:47:01 PM
Oh my!

*optical sensors go out, and head droops*

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:09:27 PM
Originally posted by JMK

Buff is old enough to have a sickening crush on Bea Arthur....that's gotta be pretty old! :lol

:headbash :headbash You know you want BEA!!! you just can't have her:smokin

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:27:13 PM
No way...after seeing Betty White in "Lake Placid" all swearing....She's the dirty Golden Girl ;)

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:40:39 PM
Come on Buff! Give her up! She's not going to be around forever you know!

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:42:37 PM
Don't try to steal her from Buff! :cry What about me?

:( *crickets chirp*

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:47:46 PM
Sorry Dae, I've been riding Buff's coattails for years now, with nothing to show for it! But I think he's going to break soon!
;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:50:37 PM

We'll always have MSN messenger :mneh :lol

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:20:26 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Sorry Dae, I've been riding Buff's coattails for years now, with nothing to show for it! But I think he's going to break soon!
;) :lol Only in your mind ,my very young apprentice;)

I will never BREAK!!!!!:uhoh

NOTE: I never have claimed to be the brightest bulb in the pack.But you would think I would know a Female from a male. Well as long as Dae Jinn has been on here I thought she was a he.the avatar!!!so After reading the past few posts I know better. SO I have 3 things to say to her

HOW YOU DOING !!!!;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:25:41 PM
:cry

You thought I was a boy!!! *runs away in tears*

Note: Buff, I post mostly in the RP forums, so the avatar represents my character :lol And...now you better send me that thing you promised!!! :cry! Calling me a boy! :(

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:31:10 PM
I feel so left out, being married and never IM'ing anyone I'm completely out of this loop. :(

Tell me buff, do you have a death wish for Harvey Korman? The way he looked at Bea in the Holiday Special was soooo dirty. I think they had something going on behind your back.

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:39:40 PM
They did. I was there. I know everything!

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:40:48 PM
you can im people, can't you? :\ Poor little yoda man. :(

ReaperFett
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:46:07 PM
Evertime I see Buff, I think of that line in Airheads

Bea Arthur? Outstanding

:)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:48:12 PM
I feel so left out, being married and never IM'ing anyone I'm completely out of this loop. :(

Tell me buff, do you have a death wish for Harvey Korman? The way he looked at Bea in the Holiday Special was soooo dirty. I think they had something going on behind your back. NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how could she?? i'm younger , better looking and BUFFF!!!!!

^_^;

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:50:02 PM
you can im people, can't you? Poor little yoda man.

I can, but I just never use it. I just never really got into using it. Posting is much more convienient.

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:52:08 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
:cry

You thought I was a boy!!! *runs away in tears*

Note: Buff, I post mostly in the RP forums, so the avatar represents my character :lol And...now you better send me that thing you promised!!! :cry! Calling me a boy! :( I am sorry Dae, I really thought you were a guy >_< But now I know better , or JMK ain't the man I thought he was:rolleyes J/K J/K j/K JMK:p

and yes I will send what I promised, But now with a Picture or two;)

>

Seriously JUST KIDDING!!!

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:52:10 PM
But Harvey Korman was in Blazing Saddles. That's tough to beat buff. I'm sooooo sorry. Man, can you picture them going at it? I bet Bea was a wild woman! She probably wore Korman out. I bet she.., oh, sorry buff, I didn't mean to rub it in.:evil

ReaperFett
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:53:35 PM
But Harvey Korman was in Blazing Saddles
Her name is Bea! :)

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:57:33 PM
I was referring to Bea's torrid affair with Harvey Korman. You know, the affair that's a stabbing pain in buff's heart. The sexual images that torture his soul when he sleeps at night. Oh crap, I've done it again, sorry buff.:evil

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:58:23 PM
:lol :lol

You know guy's/gals I use to look up to EB(s).I wanted to be just like him when I grow up He was so Old and Wise. I think My new hero will be JMK:\

:grumble I'm twice the man Harvey is, bet he couldn't please half as many woman as I have, let alone Lucious Bea:love ^_^;

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:00:49 PM
I was referring to Bea's torrid affair with Harvey Korman. You know, the affair that's a stabbing pain in buff's heart. The sexual images that torture his soul when he sleeps at night. Oh crap, I've done it again, sorry buff.:evil :headbash I never knew that :huh that's just SICK!!! the Golden girls fan club letter Never said anything about it .Why Oh wahy does EB(s) do this to me:cry

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:03:19 PM
http://www.lucasfan.com/swtv/swhs/swhs82.jpg
http://www.lucasfan.com/swtv/swhs/swhs89.jpg
Look buff, Harvey's on top! >D

http://www.lucasfan.com/swtv/swhs/image73.htm
http://www.lucasfan.com/swtv/swhs/image79.htm

Ah crap, the images won't load. Well, here are the links. :(

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:08:06 PM
STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!! Make it go away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry :cry :cry

Does this have anything to do with the JON crack:mischief

I-max jan 3 7:00 be there :duel >D

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:11:33 PM
That's the last Friday of my X-Mas break, I think I can make. The showdown has been set! I'm goin' to Carolina to trash an IMAX theater with buff!!!!

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:15:53 PM
Did I say JAN 3 uh well uh I think I uh ment to say Jan the 30th. yeah that's what I ment to say :uhoh

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:18:29 PM
COWARD!!!! C'mon, I'm going to ask my wife to give me some extra spending cash for bail money. Think of the havoc we'll raise! :)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:21:42 PM
:lol :lol

Your wife makes good money BUT even Donald trump doesn't have enough to get us out of the trouble WE could get into:mischief

CMJ
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:22:02 PM
LMAO!! :lol

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:23:38 PM
Move along CMJ, nothing to see here but and old man whipping my ars:cry

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:25:08 PM
Your knuckles would never be the same after the pounding my face would give them. NEVER THE SAME!!!!:crack

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:39:02 PM
:lol :lol :lol I don't knowO_o

ex-pretty boy / barely in shape buffster versus Ex-marine with 3 kids???
even I'd put the money on you :D

is that date good for you ??

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:39:37 PM
I am sorry Dae, I really thought you were a guy >_< But now I know better , or JMK ain't the man I thought he was:rolleyes J/K J/K j/K JMK:p

and yes I will send what I promised, But now with a Picture or two;)

>

Seriously JUST KIDDING!!!

:lol Well.... you are one of my favorite things, a southern boy ;) hehe.

And you guys are just getting AOTC on IMAX? Poor things, we've had it in Toronto for months :D

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:42:05 PM
or JMK ain't the man I thought he was J/K J/K j/K JMK Now Buff, I KNOW you didn't mean that. I mean come on...look at the avatar! Boys have boy (or Jedi) avatars. Girls have girl avatars. :)

This whole affair is hilarious! :lol If there was a reason that Bea ever existed, it was to fulfill this thread!

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:43:44 PM
:lol :lol :lol I don't knowO_o

ex-pretty boy / barely in shape buffster versus Ex-marine with 3 kids???
even I'd put the money on you :D

is that date good for you ??

That's REGULAR ARMY and I've only got 2 padawans. I swear, if you don't start paying better attention I really will have to pound you.

Yep, Friday Jan. 3rd is good for me. Start researching showtimes. I figure I can make it there in under 4 hours. Just don't laugh when you see me pull up in a Jeep with 2 child seats in the back.

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:44:49 PM
Hey, don't forget me lads! I'll be there too! ;)

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:46:18 PM
This whole affair is hilarious! If there was a reason that Bea ever existed, it was to fulfill this thread!

This thread and Harvey Korman's insaitiable desire. Why I've heard he and Bea performed acts of such depravity that... oh no, I've crushed buff's spirit yet again.>D

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:46:30 PM
:lol Well.... you are one of my favorite things, a southern boy ;) hehe.

And you guys are just getting AOTC on IMAX? Poor things, we've had it in Toronto for months :D :lol Believe me I"M Southern, Just ask JMK he was forced to talk to me:x
No we have had I-max for awhile BUT I have been to dang busy to see it. I had planned to do it this weekend BUT I was told I was going Snowboarding . And my next few weekends are tied up:(

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:48:04 PM
Awwww, poor Buff. *gives him a Bea Arthur blow-up doll* There there, you'll see it one day. :D

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:48:14 PM
This thread and Harvey Korman's insaitiable desire. Why I've heard he and Bea performed acts of such depravity that... oh no, I've crushed buff's spirit yet again.>D Yup I feel a sucker Punch coming on >D

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:49:27 PM
Awwww, poor Buff. *gives him a Bea Arthur blow-up doll* There there, you'll see it one day. :D Oh I could use another one(I didn't say that out loud did I:o

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:51:24 PM
I have spoken to Buff. He's a southerner alright. But methinks its because the ladies like it when he talks southern. ;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:51:56 PM
Maybe you should add "patch kit" to your christmas list? :lol

And any accent usually works on the ladies JMK ;)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:53:04 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Now Buff, I KNOW you didn't mean that. I mean come on...look at the avatar! Boys have boy (or Jedi) avatars. Girls have girl avatars. :)

This whole affair is hilarious! :lol If there was a reason that Bea ever existed, it was to fulfill this thread! BuT JMK I'm S-L-O-w . Yeah But look at her's:eek I just thought it she was a teenage bot with raging Hormones:D

BEA Exist's for one reaon only, To be my LOVE SLAVE:angel

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:55:06 PM

I think Buff needs a Bea avatar than :)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:56:23 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I have spoken to Buff. He's a southerner alright. But methinks its because the ladies like it when he talks southern. ;)

:lol :p

It's true . when I lived in Dallas Tx. I sware Woman would come up to me and want to be around me Because they loved My accent . The people hung out with called me JETHRO

But My rock hard body MIGHT of had something to do with it :D (hey a fella can dream can't he??:)

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:57:40 PM
It's why Bea hangs around, isn't it?

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:58:32 PM
Yep, you're S-L-O-W all right. Is 1/3/03 allright?!?!?!?!?!

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:59:40 PM
Yes BUFF needs a Bea Avatar. Jedieb(s) gave me an Avatar one time and I could never get it to work :huh

Oh and EB(s) those Car seats Might get us out of some trouble, What Cop could arrest a Daddy Of TWO:o . Just have Picture's of them ready to flash atthe cops:)

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:01:03 PM
Nooooo! the numbers might confuse him more..... J/K! Buff.

And, I have no clue what you look like, so I can't say if it was the bod or the voice ;)

The avatar has to be 150 by 150, under 15K. How hard is that to do? :lol

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:02:01 PM
Yep, you're S-L-O-W all right. Is 1/3/03 allright?!?!?!?!?!
Oh I forgot that the year changed this next year :huh

Now for the record I was told today, That it would still be there and there was a 7:00 pm showing. But the guy was not all there(must be a relative:x )

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:03:13 PM
I'm bringing my digital camera when I go to see AOTC with buff. Them I'm sending the pics to JMK so he can work some magic and swap our heads in every pic. From then on I will terroize everyone on the net with my digitally enhanced buff physique!!!!

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:05:57 PM
You have never seen BUFF????? Life is so unfair soemtimes:lol :lol

*** dig's out picture of cool cousin*****

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:06:32 PM
Originally posted by JMK
It's why Bea hangs around, isn't it? :angel YUP!!!!!!

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:07:44 PM
Yeah! Do it! Then I'll be able to construct funny pics of Buff & Bea! :lol

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:08:52 PM
I'm bringing my digital camera when I go to see AOTC with buff. Them I'm sending the pics to JMK so he can work some magic and swap our heads in every pic. From then on I will terroize everyone on the net with my digitally enhanced buff physique!!!! :lol :lol
keep in mind I'm down to 215 :(

Buff bets Eb(S) is built like wolvarine^_^;

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:10:15 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Yeah! Do it! Then I'll be able to construct funny pics of Buff & Bea! :lol :lol

I have some for sale:) even removed her stretch marks:D

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:12:04 PM
lol.

Now I wanna see if Buff is the stuff ;) :lol

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:14:04 PM
lol.

Now I wanna see if Buff is the stuff ;) :lol

Back in the day he was:cry But the older he get' s the worse he gets. But he will alway's have BEA:)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:14:06 PM
Apparently he is

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:15:14 PM
Good thing Buff has a partner to match his physique!

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:15:45 PM
Buff bets Eb(S) is built like wolvarine
I'm built like Toby McGuire, BEFORE the spider bite. Actually, the little spare tire I've got going helps keep me warm in the winter time. Fat can be fun!!!o_O

CMJ
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:16:06 PM
You guys are cracking me up. :D

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:17:47 PM
Winter in Virginia????

Back you damn glaciers! BACK! Eb is freezing in 50 degree weather! :p

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:18:09 PM
Man Jedieb, men with a bit of chunk are damn sexy ;) I think so anyways. :D

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:22:18 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
You guys are cracking me up. :D :lol

Move along CMJ, nothing to see here. Just a bunch of B>s ;)

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:24:19 PM
Nothing to see here? This thread is almost like the circus coming to town. Or even better, the Ice cream truck rolling up the street!

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:26:18 PM
I've seen bigger thread hijacks....but this one is pretty good :) :lol

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:27:21 PM
Give this one time. It's just heating up!:lol

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:29:55 PM
JMK, in the Jedi forum, we have a 2000 post thread hijack. Yu have much ways to go, my young hijack apprentice

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:30:22 PM
okies, well, off to use the payphone *puts on her parka* If I don't come back, send a search party after me ;)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:31:15 PM
I have the TV back:) :) it's half time, so I yet to see the score:( GOOOO!!!!! HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I ever tell you guy's how great I use to be???Back in the day??

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:32:22 PM
We're getting snow this week!!! School's might be out Thurs. and Fri.!!!!!! Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jedieb begins his ancient snow dance.):crack

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:33:16 PM
Is it because the other teams just wouldn't show up in fear of being pummeled?

Oh wait, this is a claim from a former football punter. What am I saying? :lol

Kidding Buff!

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:33:26 PM
okies, well, off to use the payphone *puts on her parka* If I don't come back, send a search party after me ;) :wave miss you :D

:grumble dang woman alway's wanting attention>_<

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:35:29 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Is it because the other teams just wouldn't show up in fear of being pummeled?

Oh wait, this is a claim from a former football punter. What am I saying? :lol

Kidding Buff! :lol

JMK you need to come to I-max too, buddy ole pal of mine :) :) :)

I feel two sucker punches coming on>D

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:36:48 PM
SNOW!!!!!!! we are supposed to get some tonight or in the Morning :) Bet we don't:( He11 I'll skip work anyway :)

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:37:40 PM
I don't sucker punch. I give sucker drop kicks from behind right to the kidneys! But that's only reserved for real twits, so you're safe. :lol

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:37:51 PM
Okay, this has been fun but you guys are wearin' me out. I'm gonna watch a quick South Park episode and then go to bed. Now, where's my Metamucil.......:zzz

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:43:17 PM
I'm all worn out too. So tired. So hungry...yet again. My car is parked so freaking far. So cold outside. 7°F plus wind chill it's -9°F. Cold weather is not my friend.

BUFFJEDI
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:45:04 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I don't sucker punch. I give sucker drop kicks from behind right to the kidneys! But that's only reserved for real twits, so you're safe. :lol :lol :lo your a nut , But I like it :D

Well KID's the Tv is Mine, The HEELS Are getting Beat, Better head out and start yelling at the TV :(

Somebody wake up EB(s) slacker :(

Night ALL!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the Hijacking :) Don't want those Role players to feel so high and mighty ;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:51:55 PM

:grumble dang woman alway's wanting attention>_<
I don't always want it, but you seem to be giving me enough of it ;) :mneh

I hate walking in the dark - after that thing with the drunk guy, it's SCAREY :uhoh

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:21:19 PM
It's what Buff does best!

BUFFJEDI
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:09:40 PM
That is correct sir !!!!!!!;)

And actually earlier , I ment I was going to be the one doing the sucker punch:D :angel

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:13:20 PM
Originally posted by JMK
It's what Buff does best!

What? Pay attenton to the ladies, or be a scarey drunk guy? :)

JMK
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:02:49 PM
Pay attention to the ladies.

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:04:42 PM
Okay.

I really hate the cables guys - they're fixing something on my street, and it keeps cutting off my connection :grumble

Jedieb
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:07:41 PM
We had at least 6 inches of snow!! School's been cancelled and I'm praying it'll be closed tomorrow as well. Ah, a lovely 4 day weekend. It's allllll good. :)

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:09:09 PM
Icky! Snow is the devil! :x Glad you have a day off though. Have fun :lol

Sene Unty
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:11:27 PM
Wish i had snow.....it doesn't snow in Miami......:(

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:14:15 PM
You can have all the snow in Ontario if you want, no-one here wants it :)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:54:02 PM
Originally posted by Sene Unty
Wish i had snow.....it doesn't snow in Miami......:( Sure it does.It just COSTS alot;)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:57:07 PM
We got like 4 inches of ice and snow.:) :) many power outings, but not mine. Big Oak tree in front yard lost 5 branches wieghing about 300 a piece :( Glad I'm BUFF :)

Dae, any word on what to do , with that certain thing??I'm clueless:(

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:02:04 PM
I honestly have no clue. :(

Can you "In Care Of" it?

BUFFJEDI
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:17:54 PM
I guess??

Maybe I should ask JMK, But I don't want to tell anyone your business????

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:23:53 PM
It's okay, JMK is cool :lol

No worries Buffy ;) Do you any messengers? Like AOL or Msn?

BUFFJEDI
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:27:41 PM
It's okay, JMK is cool :lol

?

I'm Talking about the JMK, that post's on this board;)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:28:48 PM
I do But I'm a lousy typer speller, so I only IM when Admiral makes me:D

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:31:43 PM
I do But I'm a lousy typer speller, so I only IM when Admiral makes me:D

That's okay, I was only suggesting it so we talk privately, without using PMs.

I'm Talking about the JMK, that post's on this board

LMAO.

So was I :rolleyes...hehehe

BUFFJEDI
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:51:19 PM
Gotcha,I understand:)

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:57:17 PM
So, I'm guessing you have AIM, so if you to, im me at the name azumirae :)

I looked on the Canadian Post webpage, it wasn't very helpful :(

JMK
Dec 5th, 2002, 06:36:58 PM
What on earth is going on here and how am I implicated??????? o_O

Dutchy
Dec 5th, 2002, 06:43:51 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
The vast majority of people loved TPM as a great introduction to the best movie saga of all time.

Which makes them IDIOTS, in your opinion, right?

Dae Jinn
Dec 5th, 2002, 06:54:26 PM
Buff, someone suggested sending it to the nearest post office or Fed Ex building :\

Originally posted by JMK
What on earth is going on here and how am I implicated??????? o_O

I already told you about it on MSN. If you don't remember, PM me about it ;)

Which makes them IDIOTS, in your opinion, right?

Wha??? :huh

Dutchy
Dec 8th, 2002, 05:12:59 PM
Wha??? :huh

Ask Jonathan. :)

Jedieb
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:34:59 PM
Dutchy, aren't you tired of pointing out obvious contradictions? Nothing good can come of it. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:58:33 PM
The boy is dangerous. They all sense it. Why don't you?

Dutchy
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:24:31 PM
Dutchy, aren't you tired of pointing out obvious contradictions?

No. :)

Dae Jinn
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:00:46 PM

....at least you guys didn't go on a posting spree while I was away :)
Buff, I'll try to pm you tonight :D

BUFFJEDI
Dec 12th, 2002, 06:43:17 PM
He11, when you left, they Stopped posting???? i guess they didn't want to talk to me:cry :verymad

Dae Jinn
Dec 12th, 2002, 06:50:42 PM
I think they just like the avatar I have :lol

I reallllllllly didn't like not having net access. It was so boring and depressing :(

BUFFJEDI
Dec 12th, 2002, 07:55:42 PM

who is on your av anyway?? I don't seem to be able to get a good look at her face:cool

JMK
Dec 12th, 2002, 08:09:50 PM
It's Asia Argento. :)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 12th, 2002, 08:12:54 PM
Who's that?? Have I dated her?

Her elbows look familiar;)

JMK
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:00:01 PM
If you dated her, you'd know about the tattoo she has....and more importantly, where she has it. ;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:01:22 PM
Which one? The angel, the one on her butt, on her shoulder, or on her rib? ;)

EDIT : Putting in my sig, so maybe Buff can see the tattoo :lol

JMK
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:02:37 PM
I was referring to the Angel.

Way to give it away for the Buffer. ;)

:p

Dae Jinn
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:18:24 PM
I don't think you can see the angel in any of my sigs :\ Although, I have one sig that's naughty....can't use it on the board though :)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:36:48 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I was referring to the Angel.

Way to give it away for the Buffer. ;)

:p :lol

Show the Naughty Sig Pic. The Mods will not care:D

JMK
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:57:34 PM
I've seen it. We'd HAVE to care. It's pretty naughty.:)

Dae Jinn
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:01:13 PM
It's only the female form ;)

I'll PM you the url Buffy :D