PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Foundations: Grabbing Shadows

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:29:54 AM
"There's still no word on Grand Admiral Millard's whereabouts, my Emperor," the intercomm said as the man turned around in his chair to face the desk.

"You mean to tell me," the man stared incredulously at the comlink, "You lost the commander of our military forces?"

He could almost see the person on the other roll their eyes.

"He covered his tracks quite well, Emperor Kiterix. The only time we saw him was when he returned after the destruction of his castle. And he was gone almost two weeks later. Even his companions disappeared as well."

Tyrel Kiterix sighed, "Then stop checking in the Empire...branch out elsewhere...we need to know where he is."

He cut the transmission before he heard a reply.

Another sigh escaped Kiterix's mouth as he rubbed his temples. Millard's disappearance was a blessing and a curse. The Balmorran Emperor was now able to shift certain commanders he trusted into prime positions of power.

The main problem was Millard's protege, Tomar. Why he was only called Tomar, Tyrel Kiterix still couldn't figure out. He assumed it was some backwater planet who named their kids with only one name and it would stay that way until something happened to cause that to change.

Balmorra needed Kiterix to keep something like that from happening to it. It all ready had an under the table agreement with Telan Desaria of the Imperial Sovereignty, which would insure no attacks by Desaria's forces would happen.

Now he had to make sure the New Republic wouldn't be a nuicense. Which was easier done than said. The New Republic was desperate for planets and territory and Balmorra was prime real estate. And now...it was ripe for the taking.

With Kiterix moving from Emperor to Senator, he could start doing what he did in the Balmorran Council which was manipulate and pull strings. And soon...soon, after his enemies were out of the way...he, Tyrel Kiterix, would...

The sound of the chimes shook Kiterix out of his dreams.

The time was now to do business...not fantasize.

"Send in my first appointment please," the Balmorran Emperor straightened his tie and red silk suit, as he spoke into the intercomm.

Placing his best 'political smile' on his face, Kiterix rose as his first appointment entered the room.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:50:26 PM
Silus had never met Emperor Kiterix in person. His military rank didnt leave much opportunity for this. Even though, at the rank of Flight Commander, Silus was an officer, he had little to no real say so on most matters. So naturally, when Emperor Kiterix sent for him personally, it was quite a shock....

Upon speaking with Kiterix's secretary, Silus was directed to the Emperor's office. Kiterix stood as Silus made his way in, and the two shook hands before taking a seat...

You wanted to see me, Emperor?

<div align=center>http://www.boomspeed.com/dragon1997ex/silusSSsig.jpg</div>

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 1st, 2002, 04:58:05 PM
"Yes I did," Kiterix's face was pleasent, as he walked over to an oak cabinent near his desk. He removed a glass of brown liquid and set it on the desk in front of Silus.

"How is Shadow Squadron?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:57:35 PM
Silus was a bit confused about why he was here, but didnt act out of the ordinary. A slight smirk crossed his features as the Emperor asked about his squadron...

Honestly, they're a bit bored. Millard's off doing whatever right now, and Tomar's only letting us out for our bi-weekly flight exercises...Oh, and Im not thirsty, thank you, Ive got a bit of exercise to do when I leave here...

Silus remained polite, as first impressions tended to stick with people...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:08:51 PM
Kiterix nodded, then poured himself a drink.

He looked at Silus, with his grey eyes.

"Do you like working for Millard?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:24:50 PM
I wasnt too comfortable with it at first, then I moved a king sized bed into the brig, so that made things more bearable...

Silus laughed to himself slightly. He realized that he hadnt even though to wear an actual uniform, instead opting for his usual attire, 'cept with his rank plate displayed on his chest...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:30:17 PM
Kiterix laughed with him, then let his laughter fade away.

"The reason I ask is, I was going over your file...and I noticed you and he do not get along. Is there any reason for this?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:42:12 PM
Silus was becoming more casual as he spoke....

Its nothing too serious, Im just not one for brown nosing like alot of those lower in command. Hes not too keen on being disagreed with is all...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:44:53 PM
"Uh huh, I've noticed you've been passed up for promotion on more than one occasion."

He leaned back in his chair, "It seems to me...Millard might be a bit outdated in his methods. Do you agree, Commander Xilarian?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:57:36 PM
Well, Millard does tend to avoid change, and I wasnt aware that promotions were being given....

A look of interest passed over Silus' face..

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:02:38 PM
"Commander Xilarian if there is one thing I do not like is people skirting the issue," Kiterix gave a harsh look.

Then he smiled, "Tell me what you think about Millard please."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:48:26 PM
Silus didnt appreciate being grilled like this, as he didnt see where all this was leading. A hint of anger was given on his features as his eyes narrowed a bit...

Honestly, I think hes too uptight and stubborn, and in desperate need of getting laid.......

Silus looked back on at Kiterix with a slight bit of intensity, as he was uncomfortable with the situation and not sure how his answer would go over....

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:51:02 PM
Kiterix smirked, his practiced art...smirking. He remembered the days of his youth when he'd stare in the mirror and smirk. Yes...he so loved that.

"I tend to agree, but we're not here discussing Millard.

"I want to discuss you...and your career as an Imperial. How far do you want to go in it?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 10:13:02 PM
As far as I can go.......complete domination over the Galaxy maybe?

A grin trailed off Silus' face. Though he was joking, his aspirations were quite clear....

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:21:23 PM
"Is that a fact," Kiterix raised an eyebrow.

"And if I were to say, welcome General Xilarian what would you say?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:25:47 PM
Silus arched an eyebrow at Emperor Kiterix....

5 Stars?

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 5th, 2002, 07:29:52 PM
He had him.

Kiterix smiled again,"Let's just say you won't have to answer to Millard again.

"Anything you want in particular, General Xilarian?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 5th, 2002, 07:57:38 PM
Silus laughed a bit in disbelief. This was too much to be true. Someone had to have been playing a joke. Halfway jokingly, Silus answered....

How about an Imperial Star Destroyer??

A curious look shot across the desk to Kiterix.

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 5th, 2002, 08:03:43 PM
"I have recently procured something better than that. Well...Millard got it, but I'm making the commander."

He slid a datapad across the desk. On it was the picture of a Super Star Destroyer.

"Meet, the SSD Draconian. It is ours...If you wish, you can either captain the ship or be the flight director. Either way...your rank goes up to General."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:27:42 PM
Silus was fighting back excitement right now. All this was overloading his senses. Then a thought hit him.....

With your permission, I would like to move Shadow Squadron onto the Draconian with me...Can that be arranged?

The excitement was lapping at his heels again, but he kept calm, not wanting to seem giddy in front of his Emperor...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:33:39 PM
Kiterix smiled. If he could get Shadow Squadron under his control, it would make his rise to power even more easy.

"Of course. I shall inform Commodore Tomar of the transfer."

He paused a bit, then did a test.

"With all this...I was wondering if you would be willing to take on a few extra objectives for me."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:45:13 PM
Silus' face got somewhat serious for a moment. Not in a bad way at all, more or less a serious "interested" face....

Sure, what do you need?

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:55:29 PM
"Nothing too serious, just movement of some of the troops. And moral reports too. How does the Superior feel about Millard's absense...what operations are in effect.

"That sort of thing."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:08:06 PM
Yeah, I can handle that....Anything else?

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:17:15 PM
"Yes," Kiterix stroked his chin. Perhaps a goatee would be good to grow. Look a bit more distinguished.

"I'm curious why you're willing to do this."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:50:33 PM
Silus tilted his head in curiousity. To him it was pretty obvious why h should want to help out..

Well considering all you've done for me....

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 6th, 2002, 01:48:49 PM
"By giving you a ship and a new home?" Kiterix laughed. What a gullible fool. How could Millard ever trust him?

"I only gave you what you deserved. After all, Millard has been holding you back. I wouldn't have given you only 12 fighters. I would have given you 36...and a chance to actually make a difference."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 6th, 2002, 08:33:43 PM
Well you wont be disappointed Sir...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:34:46 PM
"I certainly hope not, General Xilarian," Kiterix gave his best smile.

"Now...what shall we do with Shadow Squadron? Is there anything they might need outside of a new home?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 7th, 2002, 03:01:30 AM
Silus thought for a moment. He was overwhelmed at this point. The conversation was still processing in his mind....

Nothing I can think of at the moment.....

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 8th, 2002, 09:15:14 PM
"Really? What about new fighters? Or the ability to use more than just the ones they have?" Kiterix took a drink.

"TIE Advanced are a bit outdated."

Eluna Thals
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:52:11 PM
Outside the Emperor's office, the blonde secretary raised an eyebrow. Commander Xilarian and the Emperor were all too convenient partners, in light of Admiral Millard's disappearance. All too convenient indeed.

She returned to some pressing paperwork, and it almost seemed as if her blue eyes turned a shade of green for a moment.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 16th, 2002, 11:38:40 PM
The Advanced are good all around fighters. They can be molded to fit most combat profiles. I do have Balmorra laboratories working on a new design though, I'll keep you updated on its progress.....

Silus checked the chrono on the wall. It was a bit too late for his work out now....

And I'll have a drink now, if you please...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:08:22 AM
Kiterix smiled another smile, the poured Silus a drink.

"I was thinking of something a bit more...versatile than the TIE Advanced. I've had some people look at the TIE Devils and they believe they can make a better version of it.

"Perhaps you can be a part of the design, given your Flying Ace Standing."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 17th, 2002, 10:17:30 PM
Well, with all due respect, the only thing that can help the Devils would be a full redesign.

Silus was more nonchalant and social now, though he kept his tone polite and respective...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:54:56 PM
"I was thinking that too," Kiterix smiled, "But I wanted to see if you were willing to go with the Devils or not.

"I've had some scientists going over a few designs...I thought you might want to have a look at them.

"Interested?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:50:34 PM
Very...

The comlink on Kiterix's desk buzzed, prompting the Emperor to answer. As he did, Silus stood up and walked over to the balcony, admiring the view of Bin Prime below....

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 18th, 2002, 07:39:56 PM
Kiterix answered the comlink, "Yes...yes...excellent. Tell Admiral Vorrann I will meet with him in a few days. Thank you."

He turned back towards Silus.

"Now...what would you like on your new toy?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:40:52 PM
I'll have to give it more thought, but you may rest assured that it wont make it past my inspection if it is anything short of the best...

Silus looked back out over Bin Prime. It had become as much of a home to him now as Coruscant had. His loyalties were fully with Balmorra, though. It was his to protect. Coruscant, in his mind, was his for the taking...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:52:47 AM
"That's what i like to hear, General Xilarian," Kiterix smiled, as he clapped Silus on the back.

"Now...Shadow Squadron will be moved to the Draconian on the last day of this year. It should be a fairly simple procedure...but with enough ceremony to make people take watch.

"If possible, we might be able to have the fighters produced by then as well. With a little luck."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:53:45 AM
I'll arrange a meeting with Vincent D'eshann. I've been working with him a good bit on the quantum project. He's reliable...

Silus sipped his drink for a moment and turned his attention back to the room...

I've already mentioned building a new fighter to him. He seemed to like the idea himself...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:56:24 PM
Kiterix nodded, "D'eshann is one of the best. He's done several projects for me...including suggesting a few technologies to go in it."

He crossed his arms and kept his eyes on Silus.

"Is there anything else you need, General?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 28th, 2002, 03:26:09 PM
"Nothing more I can think of right now, thank you"

Silus sat his empty glass down and braced his arms behind his back slightly..

"And if there is nothing else Sir, I think I'll be on my way...

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 28th, 2002, 03:28:17 PM
"Good luck General," Kiterix said, extending his hand as he shook Silus'.

"Enjoy your new rank."

He smiled as Silus exitted.

That's one.

Eluna Thals
Dec 31st, 2002, 04:53:52 PM
As Silus made his way to the door and exit, the secretary gathered up a series of papers and datapads, and moved toward the door as well. It opened, and Silus exited, bumping into her smaller frame, causing a mountain of stationery to go flying.

"Oh...krasst!"

She struggled to catch the majority of her workload, but most of it tumbled to the floor.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:00:23 PM
"Oof!...Sorry!"

As Silus made his way out the door, it seemed the secretary was making her way in. He knelt down and started helping her pick up her things...

"sorry.....I wasnt paying attention..."

Eluna Thals
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:02:13 PM
"Its okay, I should've waited."

She allowed a polite smile, working with him to pick up the papers.

"Aren't you General Xilarian?"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 31st, 2002, 07:48:45 PM
"That would be me, didnt know I had a fan.."

Silus smiled back slightly as he handed over the last of the papers.

"Anything I can help ya with?"

Eluna Thals
Jan 10th, 2003, 01:49:46 AM
Bright blue eyes faded to emerald in an instant.

"Your number one fan, in fact."

The voice was lower in tone, and more sultry. A shimmer of red ran down her sea of blonde hair, as she smirked, tossing the papers aside.

"And yes, there is something you can help me with."

Silus Xilarian
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:58:27 PM
Silus' eyes narrowed instantly, and his head cocked to the side. Her appearance change was startling to say the least. Though his first thought was to politel excuse himself and push by, a morbid curiousity told him to stay, and as per usual, he listened....

"And, ummmm, what would that be???"

He choked out his response with obvious confusion in his tone, all the while keeping his eyes set on the woman in front of him....