I wasn't very much fun to be with anyway
Just let the blood run red cuz I can't feel

Biding my time until the time is right
Biding my time...
It's time
It is... time

It had been months now since the parting of the Dolls. The venture, originally conceived by Evelyn, was a failure, and the tavern they once owned had fallen into ruin. Attempts at similar projects were constantly being made around these lower levels and the Devil's Inn was neither missed nor remembered; its employees, separated and forgotten.

Taja, however, was not so quick to let go of memories. She had kept up regular payments for the small underground area and now, with the scant furniture stacked against the sides of the room and a thick layer of dust coating their covers, she was lying across the bar-top, gazing nonchalantly up at the ceiling. The nauseating stench of alcohol that had previously been impossible to purge had faded over time and the wide selection of beverages reduced to a few broken, emptied bottles.

But that wasn't what irked the Dark Jedi. Noise from neighboring clubs and the streets above was accepted to be the norm at this time of night, and although many of these opted for alternative styles of service, they didn't often send out telepathic cries. This one voice was, consciously or not, pouring out all its misery into a song written by its mind, and this peeved Taja to no end. She had hoped to escape the sighs of Bast's spirits, at least for one night, but no... Instead she had to listen to this other girl, whining away and waiting for some sort of deliverance. For someone to listen.

Unfortunately, Taja was that someone. "I can hear you, you know," she said, the sudden sound hauntingly echoing against the walls. Wherever she was, the woman would hear the same message, though mentally.

She closed her eyes. "Now please. Shut the frell up."

Eve Siren
Dec 1st, 2002, 05:50:53 PM
"That's odd. I didn't say anything." A female voice replied.

Though Eve wasn't sure if that woman was talking to her or not, this cat's curiosity grew when she passed by the ruins of a bar, and discovered that the underground was intact. She thought it would've made a nice change for her and Syren, but realized that someone was already down there. She came down from her hiding spot, and arched an eyebrow, wondering if that woman was truly telling her to shut the frell up.

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:32:00 AM
Unfolding her arms from behind her head, Taja kicked her legs over the side and sat up on the counter. Her expression indicated no signs of surprise at the fact that she was facing the woman who had 'mothered' Evelyn, her Apprentice, and instead the Dark Jedi's eyes glazed over with child-like wonder.

A small smile pulled at the corners of her mouth as she swung her legs back and forth, the heels of her boots knocking heavily against the wood. "You didn't," she corrected, tilting her head sideways. "That voice did. The one that hates you? Yeah, her. I like her." Taja bit down on her lip to suppress a giggle. "She really, really hates you."

Eve Siren
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:02:26 AM
"I'm not surprised." Eve frowned discreetly, her gaze falling on the dusty floor.

After a moment of silence, she looked back up to the stranger and crossed her arms, the corner of her lips curving down in an almost angry frown, but her eyes seemed empty of emotions. She lifted her head slightly, a few strands that were in the way fell back on her shoulders.

"And who are you ..?"

Syren Lysandor
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:54:55 PM
Up from behind, a lithe, pale figure made herself visible. Empty blue eyes with dark rings underneath stared at Taja as her auburn hair hung loosely around her shoulders. Her pale skin showed the veins that flowed with the rich blood which was constantly shed in Syren's quest for "feelings".

The masochist allows followed Eve unless told not to, and now was no exception. Her light breathing made no sound, and even the footsteps she took to stand next to Eve made no noise. With her bare arms hanging limply at her side, she looked like a lifeless doll.

Cautiously, she inspected Taja like a child with a newfound toy.

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:54:22 PM
Taja scoffed. "Who am I? I--"

She was about to make some derogatory comment when she stopped short, her eyes wide. They stared past Eve at the girl who had swiftly entered what had once been a bar with an expression of absolute horror and apprehension, combined with a subtle admiration. She was beautiful...

I didn't feel you...

...She was dead.

Suddenly mindful of herself, the Dark Jedi cleared her throat and hopped down from the counter, smoothing out the creases in her trousers. She didn't glance upward as she spoke... Syren's arrival had caught her completely unawares. Taja was always able to sense - or actually, 'hear' - the presence of any sentient living creature within the vicinity, which had been the case with Eve. So why couldn't the Empath feel this girl's aura, even now..?

All traces of humor had drained from her voice. "I'm lots of people. Like... Taja. I'm Taja," she mumbled incoherently. She didn't want to look at the other women present, she refused to... but something inside her yearned to see the red-haired one again... the one who wasn't alive. But how..? Raising her head a little way, the Dark Jedi gazed intently at Syren. She looked so much like a corrupted doll... so fragile, so breakable...

Syren Lysandor
Dec 17th, 2002, 08:09:03 PM
The woman's demeanor had changed, causing Syren to cant her head to the side. Curious, she watched as Taja jumped down from the counter and smoothed out her clothing. "I'm lots of people. Like... Taja. I'm Taja."

Taja.

The name buried itself in Syren's memory like everything else she heard, saw, tasted, or felt. Was Taja beautiful ? She didn't go out often enough to see people this close-up, but this was different. Taja wasn't at all like Eve - she had proven that earlier with her humor. Not to mention the woman was staring at her.

Then, the question repeated itself in her head. Was she beautiful ? ... Yes, yes, she was.

"Taja," she whispered to herself, enjoying the way it felt on her tongue.

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 27th, 2002, 02:49:47 AM
At the mention of her name, she pulled her eyes away from Syren to look again at Eve. A long pause ensued. It was the same girl she had seen all those weeks ago, on the balcony of a tenement building during a particularly rainy night. The dark-haired woman had been there also.

"..Why are you here?" she calmly whispered at last. Somehow, Syren's mere presence was having a soothing effect on the Dark Jedi's insanity. The voices that otherwise screamed incessantly were silenced, as if in reverence of the soul-less girl. She emanated a strange charisma, perfect in its tainted purity...