PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 3 rumors

Shawn
Nov 30th, 2002, 12:23:02 PM
From Dark Horizons (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm)
Zentertainment (http://www.zentertainment.com) has received an interesting rumour about the baddies in a potential third Spidey flick: "One idea being tossed around is to feature Venom and Carnage as the main villains. Marvel has petitioned Sam Raimi to have these characters as the main villains instead of secondary characters in an effort to avoid the horrible mistake made by Warner Bros. in the megaflop, Batman & Robin, when Bane was made into a retarded henchman. Casting suggestions have also been thrown out inlcuding Vin Diesel, and The Rock for Eddie Brock and Sam Rockwell and Christian Bale for Cletus Kassady". Thanks to 'FanHalen'.

Admiral Lebron
Nov 30th, 2002, 12:32:35 PM
Shouldn't they wait to see two's sucsess?

Shawn
Nov 30th, 2002, 12:34:54 PM
I believe he's contracted for a total of 3 movies, with hopes for a 4th.

Sanis Prent
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:22:18 PM
(signs up for a blockbuster card)

I shan't be paying theater prices for spiderman again.

Admiral Lebron
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:25:53 PM
*Reinstalls Kazaa*

Neither shall I.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:27:17 PM
That sounds cool, thought I thought New Line had the rights to Venom? I guess they could have lost them. I hope they go with Venom, I am afraid they will have Harry come after him as the Green Goblin again.

Shawn
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:38:42 PM
Couple of concerns:

Vin Diesel or the Rock as Eddie Brock? Poor choices, IMO. That can and probably will change, though (if the rumor is true).

Don't really know how they're going to compress the whole symbiote storyline to ~ 2 hours. Perhaps they could set it up in the 2nd movie. Maybe Peter finds the symbiote costume and uses it to defeat Doc Ock.

I thought the first movie was pretty good. I could have done without the bits with Mary-Jane, though.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:00:59 PM
My biggest problem was Defoe as the Goblin but that was more bias as I said before because I wanted Spacey :) Have to see how they will do with the casting of the villains in two, I hope they pick somebody good. Bruce Campbell was rumored to be the Lizard, though he has denied (still he didn't deny he was going to play Doctor Conners, I figure the Lizard would be either CGI or somebody in a lot of makeup). I have only heard rumors about Doc Ock. Denerio was mentiond but I think that was false, the best rumor was Vincent D'noferio from Law and Order CI and MIB, he could make a good Doc Ock, I think.

ReaperFett
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:04:53 PM
I still think Stellan Skarsgard. Or Elton John :)

And the ORIGINAL Lizard rumour was for Ted Raimi. COnsidering Campbell will be in a new role, it is possible

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:19:01 PM
Please not Stellan Skarsgard or else I won't go see it, he was awful in Glass House he makes a terrible villain, and he is not a great actor (at least not in English speak roles), IMO.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:23:59 PM
I didn't think he was that bad in Ronin...

Mu Satach
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:13:35 PM
I don't care. It's directed by Sami... what else matters?

hehehehe... ;)