PDA

View Full Version : The Skills we have (bragging Rights, what are your best games?)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 30th, 2002, 04:41:35 AM
Ok, I started out long ago with Half-Life's Counter-Strike.
This was a awesome game, and I played it all the time. But after awhile I noticed something... My skills where not really going... up... I was stuck at the *sob* average range. Able just to maybe get 2 kills per 1 death.
Then, one day, a friend told me about Day of Defeat.
I installed this game and bam! Turns out I was a natural!
I jumped to the top 10 (IMHO) in the player listings. I was good, I was almost always either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. My best game had me 60 points with 2 deaths. (I think it was 40 Kills and the rest flag captures) I knew all the camping spots, all the best sniping spots, I was almost untouchable.

Then Battlefield 1942 came around. I found it's shooting style aweful, and the physics all screwed up. (something the newest patch kinda fixed) after awhile, I started killing, and winning medals. Not alot, though, my main skill came in staying alive. In my average half an hour game I normally find myself with 2/3rds the kills as the first player, but with only 1/10th the ammount of deaths. I started seeing it as almost real life, my guy able to kill for his country, but make it home alive. Now, that, Is the real goal. Only times when I got many deaths is when I get stuck with a crap team who can't work together. I have played many games with good team mates, on both sides, and the game lasts forever. Organized Tanks Rushing meets organized fighter pilot patrol. With 3 BF109's diving and destroying a rushed Sherman/Wolverine wave. Most team games I find are in Capture the Flag levels. Coop tries to match it, but, nothing beats CTF in team work. Ships providing support as the flag carrier is chased down by enemy tanks. A Stuka landing in dangerous crossfire to pick up the flag carrier and bring him safetly back to base. A Flying Fortress being shot down, but with all 3 members surviving and now behind enemy lines is covered by Spitfires... It is awesome! Then some games are just crap.

Severen
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:44:05 PM
And first shooter im a very good Sniper and Light machine Gunner MOHAA being my main skill.

Ishan Shade
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:36:50 PM
Counter-Strike, Halo, Tony Hawk 4, Madden 2003

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:03:35 PM
I can't play Madden 2003 for the life of me! NHL 2003 is another story though! :D

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:11:20 PM
The only game I consider myself good at is Resident Evil: Survivor. I got to the end of that game and the super-nemesis killed me with it's big claw thingys :cry Only game I have ever got to the end of all by myself :)

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:31:56 PM
I was a menace on Golden Axe, at any difficulty. I just beat the snot out of everyone. I would even go through the whole game using nothing but the shoulder block. Of course it took soooooo long, but man was it worth it! :rollin

Zeke
Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:11:58 PM
If its Sonic, I am GOD. IT OWNS YOU! ::holds his 12" Sonic plush doll and shakes it at the people:: More specifically, I got all 120 emblems in Sonic Adventure, acquired Super Sonic by Zone 2 of Sonic 3, and in Sonic and Knuckles I can have Hyper Sonic by Zone 4, but only if attached to Sonic 3.

I beat Power Stone on the highest difficulty level as Ryoma. I beat the first form of the final boss with a perfect! :)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few...

Zasz Grimm
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:51:45 PM
The game I am best on a Console

Nintendo 64 - Super Smash Bothers.

I will be Pikachu, you can choose whoever else you wanna be. I gauruntee you that I will kick your butt every single time.

On PC, I am good at Starcraft, Starcraft Brood War (Played online, but faired better on against the computer)

Diablo 2 and Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction.

I am a straight up Player vs. Player type of person. Currently, I have an Amazon that owns all, no matter what. Occasionally I come upon someone who can kill me...occasionally. But other than that, nothing. I also have a level 86 Necromancer, A level 86 Druid, and 2 level 87 barbarians.

I duel constantly with all my characters. I have an Assassin, and several other characters that I forget. Love to play the game.

That's pretty much it, other than Half-Life's TFC.

Silex Invictus
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:10:00 PM
Rainbow Six: Eagle Watch and Rogue Spear. If any of you played on mplayer chances are I killed you multiple times. Was ranked number 1 on the Starlance latter for R6: EW and was on one of the best clans for Rogue spear. I didn't really play any other game though

Darth Viscera
Dec 6th, 2002, 01:16:16 AM
Battlefield 1942. Apart from Yoghurt (who can kick my butt), I'm the best pilot you'll ever meet. My favorite fighter is the Spitfire, because of its speed and agility. You can turn on a dime, plus I like the situation of its armament much better. In tank-tank combat, I'm pretty good, probably a 2:1 kill ratio there on average. As an infantry soldier, i'm just average.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:28:51 AM
Dude, I need to play against you, or with you. I'm Average with a fighter, but now with the latest patch, I can actually lead targets with the sniper rifle. I getting Mad Kills now. I was Good before, but now I am pissing them off with my excellence! (BLAM!!! BLAM!!! BLAM!!! X 5)

But when it comes to Planes, you can easily waste me. I need a joystick and a better mouse.

Ishan Shade
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:18:27 AM
What I need... is to start playin 1942!

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:41:32 AM
They need an expansion pack called Mercenary
Before American join in the war, both American Pilots and Troops where fighting in Europe and China. THEY need the P-40, slow plane, can out dive all the others, and have super powerful guns. They should add more to the Planes, giving a higher cieling and such.

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 7th, 2002, 04:35:00 AM
Jedi Knight 2

We played LAN games nonstop last semester, and I went on a stint of annihilating my roommate in lightsaber duels. I absolutely toy with him, and he throws everything at me but the kitchen sink. The score before he quit playing against me was something on the lines of 40 victories for me to his zero. It was the most bewilderingly one-sided multiplayer experience I've had. Then again, I play JK2 saberfights like some people play minesweeper or solitaire...to pass the time. I dally about by fighting 15 dark jedi at once, and come out without a scratch. Its absolutely second nature to me.

My modem wasn't spectacular last semester, and I had the highest ping ever on the CCnet servers. That being said, nobody could really defeat me in a duel.

Chance
Dec 7th, 2002, 08:30:36 PM
Mechwarrior 4 & Black Knight... Still working on getting the mech pack for those two..

Sorus
Dec 8th, 2002, 01:20:51 AM
While I LOVE MW4 & BK (I don't have the mech paks either), my kill ratio is a pathetic 1:1.

I tend to be a defender when playing CTF (any game) or Bombing Run (Ut2k3) and I am pretty damn good at it. You will not cap on me, or if playing bombing run, score on me.

It's a pity I have to go out and get ammo now and then :/

Makoto Neo
Dec 8th, 2002, 09:02:47 AM
Counter-Strike. 3-1 ratio using 56k Dail-up adverage.. What would it be if I had DSL/Cable o-o

JediBoricua
Dec 8th, 2002, 10:49:20 PM
Months ago few people could beat me on an Age of Empires: Conquerors Deathmatch. But recently my little bro. has been training hard and man-handling me. It's his way of making me pay for the beating I gave him as a little kid. And it hurts! :(

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 9th, 2002, 12:46:52 AM
I quiet playing Age of Empires online when I got stuck playing a 3 vs 3 battle match and my team mates left. Now, all 3 of the enemy were part of a guild. I fought braverly, but when they attack from different area's at the same time, it kinda overwhelms your defenses. They also power leveled up one of the guys. It seemed like one worked all on Gathering Wood, another on Stone/gold , and the third took the money from the first two to advance to the final age quickly. Then he kept me busy while the other two advanced up. I managed to escape to another island and used monks to capture some patrolling ships. Then I went and hid in the corner. They didn't even bother to look. I taunted them for about 10 minutes before venturing forth to see if I could find another island and start a military build up again. Nope, ran into a fleet of 30 something ships. Didn't last long...

Peter McCoy
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:55:53 PM
StarCraft

I'm quite good with the Terrans as I can adapt to my enemy's playing style quite well - plus the Terran's are to flexible. I remember when we had a LAN party (Me, my friend Peter, my friend Christopher and Andrew a.k.a. Gav Mortis) and played StarCraft. Andrew was made up he barely had a fleet and some tanks, then my battlecruisers flew in and toasted his site. Then me and Peter turned our attention to Christophers base - and he wasn't at all happy when Peter nuked his remnant forces :)

Unreal Tournament.

GODLIKE! M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL...KILL...Kill...kill...Nuff said :-P

Star Trek Armada

I'm superb with the Borg as I know every inch of them (oo-er! o_O ). And since they can assimilate enemy ships I can quickly gain all the advantages of my opponents too.

That's about the most interesting of my forte's in video games. If I think of any other goodies I'll post 'em in here later.

Sean Piett
Dec 14th, 2002, 05:06:46 PM
I'm pretty good at Warcraft, was decent at Starcraft, and I usually do well on RPGs.

Jedieb
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:12:49 PM
Not that anyone would care, but I love playing Tetris. I'd rack up scores and levels like I needed them to keep me on life support. I'd see the damn shapes in my dreams!

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:16:26 PM
Tetris is great. Me and my brothers and a friend of mine all spent a night doing nothing but playing Tetris. It was so great. We played until our eyes hurt, and even after that we played some more.

Jedieb
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:21:36 PM
It's just so addictive. Some of my best Tetris memories are of my Mom sitting there playing the game while we're all laughing at her because she's been at it for hours. Is there anything more hysterical than watching your senior citizen parent frantically trying to complete lines? :)

Ansatsu
Dec 17th, 2002, 04:08:13 PM
I can whoop anyone on any Resident Evil game. That is my best series. I can beat any of them in like less than two to three hours. Then theres the Lunar Saga. Along with that is Metroid Prime. But I am still developing that. Then I can whoop anyone with Kitana in MK Deadly Alliance. Dont beleive me, just try me. I also am the worlds biggest fanboy.

Eluna Thals
Dec 17th, 2002, 04:33:04 PM
My mom is a Tetris fanatic. Her favorite christmas present was a pocket gameboy that I bought her last year. Now, she can play Tetris anytime she wants.

JMK
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:50:16 PM
God, parents and video games. I once played my mom in a hockey game in 1993, I spotted her a 10 goal lead, took the worst team and pulled my goalie for the entire game and still beat her 20-10. :zzz

Master Yoghurt
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:55:09 AM
[bragging mode on]

Hmm... well, I used to be a gaming GOD many years ago with my AMIGA at any game I could put my hands on. Winning every one I found worthwhile playing, trashing my friends highscores from great height. And when there was a multiplayer mode, I would roxor them severly. Although, I was just about unbeatable, I am not really counting that period of time, as I had much more time on my hands back then. The games were also less sophisticated then they are now, having a more linear structure.

Today, I dont play so much games, because I have a busy real life schedule and there needs to be something really, really special to grab my attention. It should have amazing lasting power, and an option to play against or with human opponents. Battle Field 1942 happens to be such a game. It is highly addictive and sophisticated on both a strategical and tactical level, far more than Unreal or Quake for example. I remember when I was playing the demo of Unreal 2000 for the first time(!) against some really experienced players. Much to my surprise, I found myself topping the charts with a 10/1 ratio and I did not even put that much effort in! In the end I found it nothing than a quick blast of mindless fun. I got bored quickly.

BF1942 on the other hand relies on team play. And with all the mods coming out, I think this game will provide the best value for money ever. When (if ever) I get to the point where I get fed up of this game, I will probably have become a NIGHTMARE to play against :D

Oh, if you ever face me 1 on 1 in a plane, beg for mercy unless you want to get shot down ;)

[bragging mode off]

Anyway, I might be the best dogfighter in a plane, but Viscera is a better bomber. Sometimes, I am just amazed by his precision. I remember once when we were having a CTF duel on Guadcanal. My joystick would not work that day, so I was on the ground all the time. Whenever I got the flag, I would not live for long, he was like a demon, bombing me left and right (or on my head to be excact). Even seeking refuge inside a hangar would not help, he would simply angle the attack run so the bombs flew straight in. Often, he would just save the ammo, and ram into me with the propeller, or if I was in a jeep, 'scoop' me up with the landing gear. If you hear the sound of the engines, it is allready too late.. :rolleyes

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 4th, 2003, 04:42:40 PM
You guys gotta tell me the servers you play on, I want to see good I am. I am a sniper or rifle man, but when it comes to planes, I am average. (gotta wait until I get a good Joystick, still using mouse. It sucks in the Dive aspect)

Darth Viscera
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:38:43 AM
@Yoghurt

ROFL! I had forgotten about my adventures with precision fighter ramming :) The trick is to fly low and steady (like 6 inches above the ground) along the Guadalcanal road, which mostly has a 5 foot tree clearance on either side. Anybody who happens to be walking down the road...is in for a rather hilarious surprise when they see a 10 meter long Mitsubishi Zero come barreling straight at them and cut them in two at the knees :) Or you could drive the plane into the ground with the gear still deactivated and simply run them over with your fuselage, then pull up again and rocket into the sky.

Killing a person by fighter ramming without harming their jeep or your plane too seriously is my own family recipe :)

To manage a good dive bomb, steadily climb until you're well above the clouds, get yourself over your target, dive, line your target up in the cross, release, then get out of there before their flak nabs you!

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:27:30 AM
Lately, I haven't been doing much gaming but the two games I've been playing most are Tekken Tag and Jedi Outcast.

I don't believe in false modesty so I'll come out with it, I think that I'm excellent when I am on form in multiplayer mode, especially on CTF. I do have a tendency to join the underdogs who are three or four men down and help them win something like 8-4 from 0-3.

I play Tekken Tag with a couple of friends, Peter being one, who will no doubt object profusely to this when he sees it, but when I am on form on that game. To be short, I kick <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>, especially with Law and Eddie. :)

In the past I have played the great Counter Strike again and again and again but to no avail. I simply cannot improve on that game, it is a lost cause on me. I have however improved at MOH:AA which I can be proud of, I suprised myself in the last LAN party we had. Albeit it was the only game I was good at from the ones we played. :)

On a side not, Goldeneye multiplayer, I'm God. Peter and Chris would play me 2 on 1 and I would still kick their asses! (You both know it's true. :p)

JMK
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:06:00 PM
Whatever man, anyone could have staked that multiplayer Bond in their favor. I knew all of the entry points by heart and would just plant mines on top of them. And if that wasn't allowed, I could nail people straight between the eyes from across a room. :)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:38:51 PM
Hmm me it's Marvel Vs Capcom 2 I beat everyone at the arcade(s) With my unlimited hits combo :cool

Final Fantasy series, I finished all FF's with perfect games except for 9 and 10 -_- (Not worth my time)

Megaman series too, finished all the Megamans at the end I was so good I use to clear all levels without getting touched.

Hmm...Im pretty good at StarCraft hmm Super Smash Bros Melee too and ......Oh yeah Im extremely good at the Sonic Games and thats about it, in all the other games Im just average

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:51:26 PM
I have a friend who can beat 10 Perfect Agents on a team against him in Perfect Dark. Then when I play him, I can always almost beat him. (He always wins by an Inch)

Okashi Zutto
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:07:09 PM
hrm, I'm mostly console/handheld games.

I've beaten BOF 1(GBA) at like level 30, at the end of BOF2(GBA) at level 45, I'm kick butt at Megaman Battle Network 2, I'm okay in fighting games (mesa button smasher) and I can last awhile against my bro in Perfect Dark, and he's almost like a Perfect Agent. Oh, and I got to disk 3 of FF9 with only losing one fight!

GraNi NaColu
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:58:22 PM
XBOX: Halo, Madden 2002/2003, 007 Nightfire, Unreal Championship

Playstation: Smackdown 2

PC: Too many to remember(Hitman 2, MechWarrior 4, DDR, and some more)

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:56:08 AM
DDR? :x

teh gay!

Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:45:46 AM
If it's DDR as in Dance Dance Revolution, that ain't ga, das cool X_x

Angelica Shin
Jan 25th, 2003, 12:20:15 PM
DDR= Damn Hard!

I mean, I have good hand-eye corridnation, but Eye-foot????

Oh, and Lance, you said you've beaten ALL the Megamans?

I doubt you've beaten Megaman Legdends, either of 'ems!

I'm also good at Jet Set Radio Future. *grins dorkily*

Jan 26th, 2003, 04:41:11 PM
Yes I have jo0'! >_<

-whistles-

Ok I havent finished Megaman Legends 2 -_-.....But what I meant by "Megaman" was really Megaman X_X.....Megaman 1 to 9 and Megaman X to X6 :mneh

Oh...and Jet Set is co0' X_X too bad I havent played that oftenly...;_;

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:33:17 PM
Rock Man was AWESOME

Jan 26th, 2003, 07:32:29 PM
Hehe I remember I use to play Rockman when I was 4 :lol on NES

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 27th, 2003, 06:23:20 PM
No...DDR is teh gay! Couldn't be more gay than if it included a free pair of pink leather pants and a matching feather boa.

Kyle Krogen
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:33:56 PM
Games i like *ponders for a minute*

X-box games
Crimson Sea
Mech assault

PC
Star Craft
Jedi outcast

N64
Super smash brothers: my brother is really good at it id say im second

Dark Lord Dyzm