PDA

View Full Version : Final Battles for Episode 3

JMK
Nov 29th, 2002, 12:41:31 PM
Obviously there will be another light saber duel, but do you think there will be another ground war, or a space battle, or both? Personally I hope to see a massive space battle a la ROTJ. I just wonder what characters will fly the ships for the good guys. Most of the good guys are Jedi. But we totally need to see those
pre-empire star destroyers in action. I'd bank on another battle of the Separatists vs Republic, but this time in space. Federation starships etc vs the Star Destroyers! HELL YEAH!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 29th, 2002, 03:39:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Space battle, I bet if there is it will be in the beginning, Anakin will lead some fighters against Trade Federation Ships (this will be the big battle Lucas mentions that will start Ep3) After that I am not sure I expect the Jedi to be fighting Clonetroopers/Stormtroopers but that is speculation on my part.

JMK
Nov 29th, 2002, 04:32:38 PM
You may be right. And I think that sounds amazing. After the opening crawl, the camera pans down and we see a battle far off in the distance taking place in a planet's atmosphere. Just flashes and ships. Then one Jedi Starfighter passes over head, then a pause for a few seconds then we see dozens of them emerge from hyperspace and fly into battle, led by Obi Wan or Anakin. This conflict would be the last of the Clone Wars that Lucas was referring to, and the planet below would be the last of the Separatist strongholds, and then the rise of the Empire can happen. From that point onward, it would mainly be personal battles and getting rid of folks like Dooku, Windu etc...

Mind you, a space battle like that would be another efficient way for Lucas to get rid of tons of Jedi. And if Anakin was the one that would lead them into that space battle, and later in the movie it was revealed that Palpy was the Sidious, maybe that is what Obi Wan would refer to as Anakin destroying the Jedi. Sounds confusing, but do you get what I mean?

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 29th, 2002, 06:58:15 PM
Pretty much, that sounds like a good story line, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of that end up the film. Also would give another example of why Anakin was a brilliant pilot.

JMK
Nov 29th, 2002, 07:30:09 PM
That's one of the things I was thinking about. I haven't seen an example of Anakin being the best starpilot in the galaxy, and I don't count his podrace, lucky invasion of the droid control ship or the chase through Coruscant as grounds for being the best starpilot. ;)

Master Aryalus
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:59:37 AM
In episode 3 I believe that there will be a massive space battle. Involving Jedi Starfighters and rebel Z-95 headhunters (pre-evolved x-wings) going head to head against TIE fighters and Star Destroyers.

And I do believe a Jedi Battle with Dooku and Mace Windu would be cool.

Sene Unty
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:44:22 AM
I would love to see Yoda flying a starfighter....ahhhh that would just about make my day! :D

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:29:58 AM
Fighting in a Yoda-sized starship, or just propped up on galactic phonebooks? :lol

Sene Unty
Dec 4th, 2002, 08:38:34 AM
I was thinking that it would be cool if he was sitting on someones lap firing his blasters....that would be so cool......:D

Then again the phone books idea does sound cool!

JMK
Dec 4th, 2002, 09:28:13 AM
The more I think about it, the more I actually don't want to see it. Especially if it's a custom ship. That to me screams of "make a new toy" and "video game spinoff". Let him watch from a starcruiser. :D

Telan Desaria
Dec 9th, 2002, 08:09:53 PM
The Acclamator-class Cruiser is not a deep space Combat Warship, it is merely a heavily armed transport vessel.

The Destroyers making their debut here, if you remember your IC History, is the Victory-class Star Destroyer.

My vote for a battle: The emerging Imperial Fleet and the first Rebel scum.

After all, this episode is either supposed to outline or go through the Great Purge of the Jedi. And then, we shall see the Imperial Fleet in action.

Sene Unty
Dec 10th, 2002, 09:41:25 AM
GL will definently need to focus on the Imperial Fleets first action. He needs to set up how strong they are for the Original Trilogy.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:28:11 PM
He needs to work on otherthings other than battles first.

JMK
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:17:08 AM
I've conceded the point that until he gets someone who can write and direct, it's not going to be taken care of...

Telan Desaria
Dec 15th, 2002, 11:34:24 AM
Spielburg, hoepfully.

Did not he driect Ep IV???

Doc Milo
Dec 15th, 2002, 11:33:10 PM
He did not.

JMK
Dec 15th, 2002, 11:59:10 PM
Long time no see Doc! :)

At this point, Lucas may as well direct Episode 3. He's fully set the tone and mood of the prequels, so a new director now will throw things right off.

Doc Milo
Dec 17th, 2002, 07:27:00 PM
Been very busy, JMK! I'm getting married in less than six weeks! My how the time flies!

JMK
Dec 17th, 2002, 08:06:59 PM
Yeah, no kidding! Are you excited?

Doc Milo
Dec 18th, 2002, 02:40:21 AM
Excited. Scared. Frantic. Nervous. There are a lot of different emotions going on . . .

I can't believe it's almost been a year since I asked her to marry me!

JMK
Dec 18th, 2002, 10:18:23 AM
Well if it helps at all, a good friend of mine just got married and he said that it was the best time ever!

Heero Luna
Dec 30th, 2002, 01:44:36 PM
What about a duel on Dagabar. Yoda flees to the safety of the well vegatated planet, only to be tracked by Dooku who once and for all wants to prove to his ex master that he has surpassed him as a swordsman. What a face off, could be cool....don't ya think?

JMK
Dec 30th, 2002, 02:48:00 PM
We have discussed whether or not we thought Dooku makes a trip to Dagobah to fight Yoda, while interesting that Dooku is the spirit or dark side presence in the tree, I doubt it. I'm fixed on the idea that Anakin will kill Dooku. Lucas follows themes. Anakin will give into his temptation and kill him whereas Luke won't give into his desire to kill when he could have ended Vader's life.

darth_mcbain
Dec 30th, 2002, 03:11:22 PM
I agree with you JMK. There's that whole EU thing with Yoda defeating a Dark Jedi on Dagobah and his dark energy being absorbed into the tree. Cool as it is to speculate that it might be Dooku, I somehow don't think Lucas will do that. I think it is pretty much a given that Dooku will die, but at whose hand I don't know - I'm debating between Anakin or Mace (though definitely leaning towards Anakin)

Heero Luna
Dec 30th, 2002, 03:42:42 PM
Bare with me...I'm kinda new here and i 'm not aware of what has been discussed in the past. I think it'd be cool for Obi Wan to kill Dooku. It would certainly make me happy anyway, though Anakin giving in to his hate and doing the deed himself would too be a great moment.

JMK
Dec 30th, 2002, 04:51:45 PM
No problem. I think we've hit on just about every topic over the years, but don't be shy to bring them up if they're on your mind. It would be interesting to see if any of our opinions have changed. :D

Jedieb
Dec 30th, 2002, 09:56:04 PM
Anakin and Amidala's marriage is exposed and that's what gets Anakin kicked out of the order and into the arms of Sidious? Oh, the possibilities. I just wonder how he's going to resolve Padme's death. I hate to think that's gong to be relegated to nothing more than its ROTJ reference.

JMK
Dec 30th, 2002, 11:08:07 PM
Maybe it's all of the above. He hates Dooku already, if his marriage is exposed and he gets expelled, he'll hate the Jedi. The only person he'll trust after that is Palpatine.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:49:04 AM
They're so many possibilities that you could contemplate this for the whole time until it and still not have a 100% trust in what you say no matter how proud you are in your words, and how big an ego you have.

I dont think he'll be expelled, a situation like that will slow down the pace of the story because following him through path of all this would be very annoying, and they'd have to be somewhat detialed to do something with it. It doesn't even lead up to much action either way you see it.

I'm not completely sure about what will happen with him going to Palpatine, but I'm positive that the expelling wont happen in that fashion, if at all. I think the death of Padme will come when Count Dooku is killed, and Palpatine needs someone to come to his side. Since he has created such trust with the Padawan/Knight he'll device a plain that would draw him into the arms of him.

It's alot of spectulating to do, but I still am fully behind my idea their will be no expelling in the movie.

Caine
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:07:23 AM
I personally would like to see several "battles" to finish Episode 3, similar to Episode 2. One would definitely be a space battle between the fledgling Imperial Fleet and the Separatist's fleet. Another would be a fight between Anakin and Ob-Wan. That would be very powerful to me as it would echo (or, more literally, precede) the duel between Obi-Wan and Vader on the Death Star. That would perhaps explain why Vader was so disfigured and "more machine, now, than man". Another great battle would be Dooku-vs-Anybody (Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, who cares!). And then there's Boba's vengeance for Jango's death at the hands of Mace Windu.

But one battle I would particularly like to see would be a fight between Obi-Wan Kenobi and a clone of himself! Imagine it! The Jedi are already weakened in numbers thanks to the battle on Geonosis. Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of their best and purest Jedi Masters. Perhaps they might decide to clone several members of the Jedi Order in an attempt to turn the tides. And perhaps Obi-Wan's clone turns to the darkside. Maybe he's already been cloned without knowing. The possibilities are exhaustless and I for one would be thrilled to see a battle between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Obi-Wan Kenobi!

JMK
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:50:48 AM
That would be cool, but like I said, that would be a major development, cloning Jedi. I just think there's too much to cover for something like that to spring up.

I wonder what Padme will be up to during the battle scenes? Will she be tending to the twins, or will she get involved?