PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunter

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 28th, 2002, 09:46:30 PM
Has anybody played this game yet? It came out last week and the screen shots look cool, I would love to play as Jango. But I want to make sure its good before buying it.

Figrin D'an
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:31:54 PM
I rented it a few days ago, and have played it a little (only the first couple of levels). It seems pretty good so far. My only major complaint is that the bounty marking system is really inefficient. You have to switch to a first person view to ID a bounty and mark it, and it unequips your chosen weapon in order to do so. Sometimes, its hard to sneak up on a group of NPCs to ID the group without them spotting and shooting at you... it leaves you rather defenseless if you want to ID anyone, because you can't just kill everyone, then ID the body.

That, and I'm still getting used to using the jetpack.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:41:30 PM
I was wondering about the JetPack :) Curious does it seem like it might take a while to beat I hate to buy it and beat it in a couple of days, I would be better off renting it if that was the case.

Admiral Lebron
Nov 29th, 2002, 08:26:52 PM
So I got it for Hanukah. My only complaint is the IDing system too...Although I've only done it once. The Jet pack is so much fun. I feel like a house fly when using it. And the only other thing worth mentioning is I burned midgets with my flame thrower. :D

Jedieb
Nov 29th, 2002, 08:29:09 PM
I've been peeking into Santa's sack and I've discovered a PS2 waiting for me! Jedi Starfighter and Bounty Hunter await!!!! Now, if I can just find someone to watch the kids all day...

Admiral Lebron
Nov 29th, 2002, 08:37:11 PM
Get an "Ask Yoda" to watch them... Bounty Hunter is soo worth it.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 29th, 2002, 10:49:14 PM
Cool Jedieb, Jedi Starfighter is an awesome game, Bounty Hunter sounds cool, I think the jet pack and the flame thrower sound equally cool. I will probably end up getting it now, maybe as a Christmas gift.

Sanis Prent
Nov 30th, 2002, 10:19:00 AM
I'd turn Jedi Starfighter in, and get Clone Wars instead.

Admiral Lebron
Nov 30th, 2002, 10:25:50 AM
I haven't played Jedi Starfighter, but if its anything like Starfighter its to short and the controls suck.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:05:07 PM
I liked Jedi Starfighter better than Starfighter, it is really only short if you cheat :p There are a lot of hidden things too like if you complete so many objectives you can fly Slave 1 in any mission. As far as Clone Wars, I don't think its available on the PS2 yet, I haven't seen it at Best Buy, Walmart or Target. It must have been delayed for the PS2, maybe it comes out next week.

Jedieb
Dec 13th, 2002, 12:01:54 PM
Clone Wars came out today for PS2. Now I just have to find a way to grab one and slyly jam it into my stocking.... I can't believe the system is just sitting there in my attic. I can hear it calling me... calling me....

JMK
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:54:43 PM
I think I'm getting Clone Wars for Christmas. Jedi Starfighter is on sale cheap these days. I like Naboo Starfighter, so I'll probably get Jedi down the line.

As for Bounty Hunter, I haven't even seen any screen shots yet, but it sounds cool. I may buy it down the road as well. I just wish PS2 would come out with an Original Trilogy shooter like Rogue Squadron. I'm so close to getting a Gamecube just for that.

Ishan Shade
Dec 14th, 2002, 12:59:38 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
I've been peeking into Santa's sack and I've discovered a PS2 waiting for me! Jedi Starfighter and Bounty Hunter await!!!! Now, if I can just find someone to watch the kids all day...

:lol :lol

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:52:23 PM
So who's been playing it so far? I've barely gotten into it. I'm stuck on one of the early levels. Anyone know where there's an online guide?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 27th, 2002, 11:10:06 PM
I have started to play it, so far it is pretty good, haven't been able to use my Jet Pack yet as it it fell off before I got control of Jango. As far as Guides, here is one http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/star_wars_bounty_hunter.txt

I sure there are codes as well if you look on Gamefaqs.com you may find some.

JMK
Dec 27th, 2002, 11:27:54 PM
I'm still into Clone Wars, so I haven't even tried it yet. :\

Jedieb
Dec 29th, 2002, 11:56:28 AM
Thanks Carr! I've got that linked bookmarked. I haven't played anything in the last couple of days. Probably won't get into it heavily until the season is over.

JMK
Dec 30th, 2002, 01:14:12 PM
I'm into Bounty Hunter now, & I love it. I've got my jetpack now and I'm off & running wild! I'm on the first Coruscant level, it's really cool. :D

Jedieb
Dec 30th, 2002, 09:42:44 PM
I haven't played it in a couple of days. Have you been able to catch up to your bounty? I think you're suppose to make it to the top levels of the city, but I can't find a way to get up there.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 31st, 2002, 12:31:29 PM
I haven't either yet, I got the Jet pack and have finally figured how to use it, also got the flamethrower, its cool to use (in a sadistic way>D) My biggest thing is I can find a lot of the smaller bounties, I might beat the game first and then go back again with the walkthrough and try to figure out where they are. One other thing Jango sure has a lot of moves why didn't he use those against Mace?

JMK
Dec 31st, 2002, 12:32:20 PM
I passed that level. I got into what looks like the Outlander club (that's where that dealer runs into) and then I flushed him out of there and caught up to him. The next level is HARD AS HELL. The first part is easy, the second is so tough. You have to cross a huge gap by jumping/jetting across from cargo container to container while they're moving in different direction, and at the same time work your way down to the bottom level of the containers and sneak in through one of 3 holes at the bottom. It's super tough. I have made it across a few times, but never with enough energy to seriously continue the level before the thugs on the other side kill me. Don't get greedy either, if you try to jump too far down at once you're dead, even though you've got the jetpack. It's gotta be done slowly. :\

Jedieb
Dec 31st, 2002, 07:00:38 PM
How did you pass that level JMK? I think I may play for awhile tonight.

Jedieb
Dec 31st, 2002, 10:51:02 PM
Ugh, I finally got past that level and now I'm on the conveyor belts. I've also started to collect some bounties. I'm done for the day. :zzz

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 1st, 2003, 01:18:38 AM
That level is hard I am now stuck at the ship at the end, I got killed there twice. I think I will try again tomorrow.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:06:01 PM
I'm in the prison level. Its hard. Oh Carr, heres some hints: You have at least 4 full health packs under the stairs. Use them. Also, knock out the guns quickly, then take your time dealing with the cops who come in from the ceiling. To kill the ship, equipt yourself with the grenade launcher and get close, then fire. I spet 30 minutes trying to figure out how to kill it.

Jedieb
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:12:53 PM
My problem with that early level was that I couldn't figure out that you had to back track to the beginning of the level. I kept trying to jet up to the rooftops. I died 5 rather quick deaths on the conveyor belts. I'll probably get back to the game later tonight.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:22:08 PM
My god. . . jet pack from belt to belt resting your energy in between. Go way up and look for the faulty one.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 1st, 2003, 04:22:00 PM
You can die a quick death there Jedieb, and thanks Lebron, I will try out those hints later tonight.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 1st, 2003, 04:50:28 PM
Yes. Tonight I will continue as well... to stay ahead.

JMK
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:55:40 PM
I can't really give hints, as I just kind of wander my way around. I remember not having any problems with the conveyor belts, nor that huge ship that comes after. To beat that ship, just hold the targeting button (I forget if its R1 or 2) and just run & shoot at the same time. I beat it and never got touched by it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:07:32 PM
That is the way I beat it JMK. I am on the Coruscant level I captured a lot of bounties and I just got that Deathstick dealer I will keep playing later.

Jedieb
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:02:00 PM
On the conveoyr belts, do you have to go anywhere inside the mountain sides or do you just go from one belt to the next?

Admiral Lebron
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:07:15 PM
Go up and look for a magnetizer which is sparking.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:40:34 PM
I am at the industrial section, but I keep falling to my deaths with the floating cargo containers, I get to the pipes but I can't make it in, maybe I am falling at the wrong point or something, I think I will get back to it tonight.

JMK
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:55:08 PM
Well you're right there Carr. I've made it into those pipes just by doing what you're doing. You have to time it perfectly and even at that you'll just make it inside. That part is so far the hardest part of the game by FAR.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:57:45 PM
Thats easy. Took me two tries.

JMK
Jan 4th, 2003, 02:15:34 PM
It's hard if you have to keep doing it over and over. I got in a after only a couple tries, but died once I got inside. I haven't really played it since.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:30:48 PM
Especially when you have to start the level over again that is what sucks the save point should be there instead of inside the pipes.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 5th, 2003, 12:57:33 PM
Nah. From the start to the transports was easy.

JMK
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:49:44 PM
Sure it's simple, but it's a pain to do over and over.

I'm into the next level now where you have to get into the Senator's Office or apartment. I just passed this part which looks even harder than the floating cargo containers, but turns out being easier. It's on pause right now, but I don't know how far into the level I really am. :huh

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 6th, 2003, 12:06:10 AM
I am on that level too I think the Senator's room is at the top but I am not sure.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 6th, 2003, 12:50:00 PM
I got to the top but I keep getting killed by a ship, that must be the one you mentioned Lebron.

JMK
Jan 6th, 2003, 05:18:29 PM
JMC, that ship looks tough, but its easy. You can beat it the same way you beat that other large ship from the second or third level. Just target the laser blasters and run side to side while shooting. Occasionally you'll have to smoke a cop, but after you have to lob grenades into the open side. 5 or 6 grenades will do it.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:54:07 PM
Arg! Why can't you people go slower? I need to play tomorrow, to get ahead more. :mad

JMK
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:08:48 PM
Hey give us a break! We only get to play after work!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:23:35 PM
LOL I only play once a day for an hour or two. So I am sure I will stay behind you. The game is a lot harder than the TTT I already beat that once and I think it will be even easier to beat with the other characters now that I have the codes.

JMK
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:27:37 PM
TTT is pretty easy so far. I actually only play bounty hunter a couple times a week, but I play for a few hours on end.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:42:59 AM
I haven't had the time to play in days. :( I might try to sneak in an hour tonight after the kids go to bed.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:12:22 PM
TTT is almost too easy the graphics are still cool though.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2003, 06:38:42 PM
It is almost too easy. A couple tries and you pass the level. It is fun to just hack the crap out of things though.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:18:51 PM
Yeah, I have already beat it with Aargon, I am about to unlock the crappy secert character and then I can get the codes, I think I will just beat the game with the rest of the characters. Well one thing I will say Bounty Hunter is more of a challenge.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:53:44 AM
I got to play for a good hour last night. I got past those conveyor belts and finally finished the level. I worked my way thouugh Coruscant and then had several spectacular deaths at the floating cargo containers. I'm looking forward to getting back to them.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2003, 12:49:59 PM
Your at the cargo deaths I had a time with them, really the best thing to do is go slowly down each one until you reach the bottom containers then you will see the pipes, you will have to angle it just right and time the jump and hit your jet pack and fly to it, be ready to start shooting once inside because there are several thugs in there.

I have made it pass the ship and am at the Prison level I got close to the end I think but got killed by two robot drones. I will get back to it tonight.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:15:19 PM
The pipes are at the opposite end from which you start right? I got a look at one of them once, but I couldn't get anywhere near them. I might play again tonight or Friday night.

JMK
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:30:47 PM
Yeah, you start at the top of one side, the entry points are at the bottom on the other side. I actually find the center one the easiest to get into now. JMC's right, the best thing to do is just take your time and drop one level at a time. Any more than that and you can hurt yourself.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:50:08 PM
Yeah I tried the quick aproach and I either lost a lot of energy or I missed the container and kept going, you have to be very patient with that section, IMO.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:31:35 AM
I got past that section last night and then duked it out with Montross. Thank goodness for that canon or I wouldn't have beat him. Now I'm at the Coruscant skyscrapers. I guess you have to keep going up and up. I got back outside after jumping over to one of the nearby buildings at the beginning of the level. but I fell and died a couple of times trying to climb up to the balconies above me.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:14:07 AM
Yep keep going you got to reach the very top. I am on the second prison level, I am trying to catch Zam Wessel (the female changling from AOTC) but there is a darn riot going on, I had a time there everybody was trying to kill me (which I didn't understand in a riot should the prisonsers go after the guards first??) I will get back to it tonight.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:23:12 AM
Zam is in this one, cooool. I bet they'll have a nice cut scene. I was playing the other night and a cut scene came on after i finished a level and my son said; "Awesome, a movie!!!"

JMK
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:02:25 AM
I'm at the prison level, but haven't given it a fair try yet. Jedieb, at the skyscrapers at the beginning of the level, you can slide down the golden-colored ramp and once you get to the bottom of the ramp, jump and fly across to the balconies. If you check out the cop on the lower balcony, he's wanted. :)

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:08:41 AM
I think I got him. It's just tough checking for and getting bounties when your getting hammered by thugs. Did you get that one bounty that's a running female with flailing arms? She was tough for me because she wouldn't stand still long enough for me to mark her. I'm not trying to get all of the bounties, just enough to earn some cash. When I'm in a hurry I just mark them so I can collect the "dead" bounty.

Which weapons do you primarily use? The blasters are by far the most effective. The flame thrower is the most fun, but I get a bit banged up sometimes. I haven't even tried the darts. The rope gets used whenever I want to take someone alive. It'd be nice if you could beat someone up and still collect the Alive price on them.

JMK
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:52:11 PM
You're right about the blasters being the most effective, but the flamethrower is what I use the most. It's TOO fun to watch people run around screaming and flailing their arms and falling off of high places. Does this happen to you: when you pass a level and have collected some bounties, does it add it to your previous total? Whenever I get past a level, it tells me I have zero previous credits. Weird. Because I catch alot of bounties.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2003, 01:02:31 PM
I think it starts you at zero for each level. If I remember right, when you start up the game you can see how many bounties you've gotten at each level. Don't know for sure...

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:59:30 PM
The Flamethrower is very cool I love seeing those guys run around burning <evil About Bounties, I try to collect some but like Jedieb I find it hard when other people are shooting at me. I think I will beat the game once and go back and collect all the bounties or at least try. I think if you get all the bounties, a hidden feature comes up, have no clue what it is though.

JMK
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:54:38 AM
I never read the instructions, but what IS the point of catching the bounties?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 10th, 2003, 01:01:00 PM
I thought there was something you could get for doing it like a secert level or something but I could be wrong there, it could just be some added stuff for you to do.

JMK
Jan 10th, 2003, 02:09:42 PM
Boy those Prison guards are TOUGH. There was a group of about 8 or so all bunched up taking shots at me, I was nearly dead I so dropped down from the ledge I was on, landed right behind them and unleashed with the flamethrower. It's right at the beginning when you first enter the building and that big door in front of you opens. A bunch of guards rush down from the next yard. I suggest you try it just for fun. It's hilarious to see about 8 guards running around at the same time burning! :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 10th, 2003, 11:08:15 PM
I had a bunch of prisonsers buring already :D if you thing the guards are tough wait till you get to the riot level it is twice as hard, I got towards the end but still got killed.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:35:18 PM
I got to that level late last night. It was alot of fun. The flame thrower is pretty effective when they bunch up on you. So now Zam's taken off with the bounty and I've got to get out of the prison. Which seems tough because of those laser cannons. I may pick it up after the game tonight.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:39:37 PM
I keep getting wasted in the reactor level. I don't know where I am going so I get hit by missiles galore. And I think the bounties unlock the comic book, the cards and the bloopers (which are funny).

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:15:54 PM
Okay thats cool, I am on the same level Lebron I am getting wasted there too, won't get back to it until tomorrow, that level is just hard, that entire 3 level is hard though.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:49:43 PM
I got to the end... it gets easy once you know where you are going. I got fragged by the boss at the end. Shot me with two missiles and I only dodged one.:(

JMK
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:45:30 PM
I'm working my way out of the prison, seems pretty easy so far, save for the fact that EVERYONE is after you for some reason...

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:00:24 PM
I know JMK that is what makes it hard :p I still can't understand why the inmiates are attacking the guards.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2003, 07:34:33 PM
I finally beat that escape level the key with that huge transport is stay is first run back and fourth shooting at it (there are plenty of health packs) try to avoid the rockets. Then you need to stay close to the thing because the rockets can't get you there. Just keep shooting it until the guns and rockets are destroyed, then use your missel launcher twice and that will destroy it. After wait for the cool cut scene where we meet Zam and also where Jango gets Slave 1.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:15:38 PM
I need to play now to regain my lead... :(

JMK
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:22:43 PM
First to finish the game wins a billion dollars since we're in a contest! :p

I love using my missiles, I waste them on 1 guy just to watch the thing sail and explode, then laugh. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:32:08 PM
Those things are deadly, one time I launch one off and killed myself, I am very careful with them now.

JMK
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:01:00 AM
I'm bad at lobbing grenades. I always bounce them off walls and back at myself.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:34:32 PM
That happened to me once :p I am on the Malastar level now it is difficult especially trying to avoid the Nexu (the big cat thing from AOTC) I try using the darts because it kills them with one shot everything else takes too long and if your aren't careful they thing will kill you.

JMK
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:00:03 AM
I got past the Malastare surface levels, but now I'm in the death stick factory. This level is insane. And its all made harder because there are hardly any checkpoints to help you out. Not to mention that there's tons of Bando Gora gang members everywhere once you get past the "easy" part. :x

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2003, 12:07:53 PM
Wow JMK you are passed me, I am still stuck on the end of that Malestar surface level, I can't figure out how to protect Zam, I keep getting killed when I am using my sniper rifle, any tips for me?

JMK
Jan 14th, 2003, 12:29:27 PM
Are you being shot by Dugs that are on the same platform as you? Just clear that place out, including the buildings on each side of you. The key is to make sure everyone is dead before you start trying to cover Zam. You'll also need to have about 10 shots from your sniper rifle if you want to do it easily. When you have to protect Zam, look to the left side of the cliff at the bottom. If all of the games are the same, then she should be out of your sight, but you can see the Dugs shooting at her. There's also a couple of Dugs in higher places that will blast her once she moves, so you may want to take them out first. Once you kill a couple of them, she'll start slowly making her way across the plain to activate the skiff that will bring you to her. Just keep scanning the ground and ledges with your scope to see if there are any Dugs. The next level is tricky too, lots of tough jumps to make. But the death stick factory is hell.:\ I still can't beat it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2003, 12:40:25 PM
Well I think I killed everything I went into 3 of the four buildings, one of them the door is locked (is there anyway to get in there?) I was thinking there were snipers hitting me unless I still have missed some dugs or grans. Also where is the best place to shoot to protect Zam on top of the buildings or on the ground?

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:11:50 PM
Damn it people wait for me!!!!:x

I got to the first cut scene with Zam last night. I played a bit of the reactor level and I had just gotten into the doors when I decided to call it a night. Don't know when I'll be able to pick it up again. Maybe tonight if I'm lucky. I have to say, I've enjoyed the game more than I thought it would. Not too easy, but not so difficult that you have to commit every waking hour to beat it. I'm just glad it'll take me long enough to solve that I'll be getting my money's worth.

JMK
Jan 14th, 2003, 07:48:25 PM
JMC, I just walked to the edge of the cliff and gave her cover. To be honest, I can't remember if there's a way into all 4 buildings, but there very well could be a sniper on one of the walls somewhere in the part that the skiff flies you over.

I stood at the right side of the cliff, very near the edge, just off to the side of the platform where the skiff arrives.

Jedieb, enjoy the reactor level. I hope you've become skilled with the jetpack!;) Let me know if you need any hints for that level. It can be frustrating, but I think I figured out a pretty simple system to figure it out.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:39:17 PM
I know it took me a while to figure that level out. I am now wondering if there is a sniper on one of those cliffs. I know there is a guy with a missle launcher, I got him, but I didn't jump to the next cliff.
And I agree with you Jedieb the game is defintely worth the money more than TTT game, that game was just too easy, I still like it but I must say that Bounty Hunter is better worth the money.

JMK
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:45:16 PM
Yeah Bounty Hunter was the game I wanted least for X-Mas, but I like it the best of all the games I scored. It's much more interactive and mentally stimulating than the others which are just straight ahead "attack" games.

Did anyone have a hard time with the Nexus? When I first got to Malastare, those freaking things would pounce on my from miles away and never let me get up. Then I figured that the flame thrower, blasters, rifle and missles wouldn't kill it. So I tried the dart. That did it. But does that make sense? I blasted it. Burnt it, dropped a missle in its face, but it took a dart to pierce that tough hide!:lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2003, 01:59:40 AM
Well that dart is very leathal :p My question is how did he have that already, I mean he doesn't go to Kamino until after this game so why would he have a dart from there.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:04:04 AM
My question is how did he have that already, I mean he doesn't go to Kamino until after this game so why would he have a dart from there.
:lol
It's probably a less effective mandalorian version. The Kaminoans started making some special order ones for him once he started living there. Or just make up your own convulated EU explanation. ;)

I finished Chapter 3 last night. I took a quick run at Malastare. I remembered everybody's tips on the darts and took out a few Nexu. I don't know why, but I'm that fond of levels that are "dark." I like to be able to clearly see everything around me. I've have no idea where I'm suppose to go there. I just plow ahead. I made it to one tower that had a Nexu perched in it. But I can't see the cliff you guys are referring to. Once you get to the cliff, does a cut scene load so that you know what you have to do next?

JMK
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:10:59 AM
Are you at a part where you come out of a cave, and you're standing on a slightly raised platform and a big rock in front of you? And there's also a tree with a hut in it, and beyond that, a canyon with people shooting at you from the other side, and something that looks like a crappy bridge?

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:31:02 AM
I don't think so. I only just started the level. I just wanted a taste of what it was like. I plunged ahead and came across a few bad guys here and there, collected a bounty, killed and got killed by some Nexu. I played that level for maybe 10 minutes.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:07:06 PM
That level is hard you just got to keep going through the jungle, you will go through waves of grans and dugs and then you will reach two cliffs where there are guns shooting you, you will have to go around the first cliff (avoiding the nexu) and you will have to do it quick or you will get killed and climb or fly up the steps and go to the top killing the two thugs straight ahead (be careful of one he has got a rocket launcher. Then killing the guys that come out the door, go into the secert room and you will be in the cave that JMK mentioned. From there you have to work your way to a tower with a gran and dug on it go to the top and then you will have to fly to the next platform on top of tree then fly to the next one and you will see the cliff. It doesn't get any easier after that so I will let you get to there first before going farther.

I have reached the next level and I am lost where is the lever for the lift? I got passed the bridge but I can't find that lever.

JMK
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:11:21 PM
You're at the part where you fly over the raised bridge? Now you're looking for the lever to the lift? Well if you found the lift, the lever is right next to it. But its way up on the left side of the mountain face. The lift is basically a bell-shaped thing about the size of a phone booth.

I'm so daunted by that death stick factory that I haven't played it since I posted late on monday. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:07:23 PM
I know there were a couple of levels I felt that way, I have been tempted to cheat (use the codes to get access to the other levels) but I have resisted so far.

Jedieb
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:13:12 AM
Codes? NEVER! Last night I got to the section that had that rope bridge. But I couldn't get much farther than that. I'm looking forward to getting back to it tonight. Tomorrow is probably going to be a snow day. If my kids are at day care I may zone out for most of the day on that game. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:04:54 PM
Rope Bridge on the jungle leve right? yeah that was tough I got killed there a bunch of times, usually from the missle launcher you have to just time that just right. I am still on the Compound level I got into that gangster's house but I got killed at those bridges I got pounded with missle launchers.

JMK
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:20:37 PM
Dude, just sneak along eac bridge and snipe the missle guys before you walk into plain view. That or run to each little juncture between each bridge and use the crates as cover. It won't work on one of them because there's missle guy on each side of you.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:31:57 PM
I actually did that I am now on the level of death, I have died about 30 times already, I see your problem with that level. Actually I got better with the tubes and I can get up the tight rope but down that next tube I can't see to manage to get anywhere, have you been past that point? At this rate, Jedieb might catch up to us :p

Hector Diens
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:24:44 PM
I am done. The ending cut scene rocks.

Jedieb
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:13:34 PM
I'm now at the death stick factory. I'm at the underground level that has those snipers hidden in those little alcoves.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:21:02 PM
Hey you past me :p I haven't played since Thursday so how did you get past the tubes of death.

Jedieb
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:36:14 PM
Are you talking about those pipes that carry that green slime? I just walked along them and had to stop to nail the bad guys shooting at me from the left and right. Then there's a whole lot of jumping to do on those conveyor belts. If you stand along the edge of them you don't move. Then you have to keep jumping from one to the next. Eventually you'll make your way to the cavern I'm in.

Wait, are you talking about the beginning of the level where you slide down those tubes? Those were tough. I use to hang along those thin cables and jet pack up to the next one. I remember one point you see 3 tubes at the of a grate. I think the one on the far left is the one you have to go into. Sorry I can't be more help. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:40:44 PM
That is it those three tubes so its the third right, I think I will try it later that might help, I think if I can make it past that I will be okay, I know JMK is stuck there too not sure if he has progressed any farther.

Jedieb
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:46:50 PM
No the left, the left!!!! The key for me was being able to grab onto those narrow cablelike structures. Then I'd just jet pack up to see how far I'd have to slide over to grab onto the next one. If you jet pack straight up when you fall you'll grab onto the cable again. The 3 of us should play one day while we're all on MSN messenger.

JMK
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:40:14 PM
I got a little further than where you're at Eb. But not much further. There comes a part with conveyor belts running in reverse and you have to cross them ALL. Those guys sniping at you are the Bando Gora gang members. I still haven't played since monday, but I might get back to it tonight.

Jedieb
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:26:59 PM
I've been to those conveyor belts. They can be brutal. I think I'm going to play again tonight. Or I might keep workking on my room tonight. I've neglecting it because of these damn video games!

JMK
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:37:53 PM
I PASSED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once you get through that "cave" with the gang members shooting at you, it becomes painfully easy. I'll let you guys continue, but I've got 2 or 3 big hints that will help you for sure, and it's not cheating. The cutscene is pretty cool, and a familiar name is mentioned by Roz. Next stop: Tatooine!
Roz is toydarian, and she happens to know a junk dealer in Mos Espa. I sure hope they were able to get Andy Secombe's voice down for Watto! :rollin

Jedieb
Jan 19th, 2003, 08:54:32 AM
I think I'm going to cry. My son ERASED my game! I'd gotten all the way to Ch. 5 and Tatooine and now I'm back to square 1. Keep plowing ahead guys. It's probably going to take me a week to catch up. :x

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:14:10 AM
I am sorry Jedieb here is a suggestion you would lose the credits for the bounties but you could use the codes to skip ahead to the level you were on.

Jedieb
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:19:42 AM
I was thinking about that, but I don't how that would effect the rest of the game. I'll just work my way back to where everybody is. Have you gotten to Tatooine yet?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:50:29 AM
Nope I didn't play it yesterday, I meant to but something came up, I will probably play it some tonight after the football game.

Jedieb
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:05:52 PM
I'm trying to get through Ch2 before the game starts. Uggh

JMK
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:53:24 PM
I want to cry for you Eb! That's not good at all. I think I would go with JMC, find the codes and just jump back to where you were.

I got past the first Tatooine level, now I'm fighting sand people and massifs in some canyons. The good news is you get your jetpack back. The bad news is that the level is very long and is so far the most difficult of all. I walked through one door and stepped right into rocket launcher hell. And I couldn't turn around and hide inside the door again. And of course at that point you're standing on a ledge with an endless pit below. Fun stuff.

Jedieb
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:59:06 PM
I managed to get back to Ch. 3 and the prison escape before the game started. I don't have work tomorrow so I might be able to get back to Tatooine tomorrow.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:54:41 PM
I almost got to Tattooine last night I was battling Montross but one of those Bonda Gora freaks killed me and that was my last life I guess I have to try again.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:44:02 PM
Victory, I finally got passed that level. Haven't started on Tatooine, yet, I wanted to take a break.

JMK
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:52:07 PM
I pretty much only play on weekends now. I can't afford to get hooked on it until 3 or 4 in the morning.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:11:04 PM
I play during sometime on the Afternoons during the week and weekends.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:17:37 PM
I am having trouble with that first Tatooine level though I think most of that is because I was so used to the jet pack :p And it stinks they take your flamethrower with it.

JMK
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:30:55 PM
That level is all about killing and carnage. Once I realized that, it was over for them.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:40:32 PM
I nearly beat it, I got to the final part and only had one life and I got hit by too many bullets next time I play it I will beat that level.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:59:03 AM
I finally got past Two Guns, I love Jango's line there, met Jabba and now I am fighting Tuskens and Gradulla's guards, Those Tuskens aren't easy along with their Massifs. Hey JMK have you fallen into the Sarlacc Pit yet :p I thought that was so funny.

JMK
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:15:35 AM
I fell down there, but I managed to avoid being eaten. I was actually scared, I didn't want to get eaten! So I just jumped around the sarlacc, sliding down, jetting, jumping, around and around for like 5 minutes until I got to ground I could stand on! Then I just flew up to the nearest skiff. But I'm still on that level. Rocket launcher hell still scares me. Have you gotten to the end?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:20:54 PM
Not yet I got to the cliffs and a Tusken killed me, what Rocket Launchers do you mean the ones around the skiffs? Or are there some later on?

Jedieb
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:30:19 PM
I just got to the Sarlace Pit this afternoon. Those Tuskens are too tough for blasters, at least for me, so I'm frying them. I'll probably give Tatooine another run tonight. I'm just glad I"ve finally caught up to where everybody is.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:27:07 PM
We should have a bet to see who will win first :p

JMK
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:33:27 PM
I don't think I've roasted a Tusken yet. I just shoot like a madman. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:01:17 PM
I think I got to where you are talking about there are these cliffs with rockets coming at me man of course I died there, I wonder how much longer until the end?

Jedieb
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:17:21 AM
I got past Tatooine the other day. The showdown with the Krayt dragon at the end of the level is brutal. But I found a little trick that should work just about every time. The cut scene with Gardula is great. After that you're going into Bondu Gura (sp?) hell. There are quite a few cut scenes after the Tatooine level. Some backstory that tries to make ol' Jango more sympathetic. No wonder my kid thinks he's a good guy.

JMK
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:17:01 AM
I told ya anything EU is poison! ;)
I haven't played in over a week and I don't know when I'll get to try it again. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 28th, 2003, 06:25:35 PM
I haven't played much since last week either, been busy. I think Jango is more of an anti-hero, I don't seem him as evil but he is defintely not good.

JMK
Jan 28th, 2003, 08:25:22 PM
Depends on what stance you take on bounty hunters. If you took what you know about Jango from AotC out of the equation, and just focused on his character from the game, he'd probably come off as a good guy. A rogue that catches bad guys. Ok, he kills police and senators while he's at it, but the senator is bad, and so are the cops that work for him. Guilty by association.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:24:02 PM
The game does make him seem not too bad of course he could have gotten corrupted in between the game and AOTC working for the Sith.

Jedieb
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:52:55 PM
I just finished it. That 6th chapter gets easier as you go along, at least for me it did. The showdown at the end against Voos was tough. I just had to keep moving. I ended up with a rating of Bold Assasin. I missed a ton of bounties but maybe I'll go back and pick them up one day. The cut scene at the end with Tyrannus is great.

JMK
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:27:11 PM
You finished the game? Being on Tatooine, are we close to the end? Is Komari Vosa hard?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:42:50 PM
Wow Jedieb you really beat us. I haven't played it recently I have been too busy, I will probably play again this weekend.

Jedieb
Feb 3rd, 2003, 12:02:18 PM
Both Tatooine and the final chapter were tough. I thought Vosa's level was actually tougher at the beginning. Her followers just keep coming. It was flame thrower city for the most part. After you get out of the first couple of hangers you switch to guns and you can take them out from a distance. Towards the end there's a final showdown with Montross. It's probably the toughest of your battles with him. It took me 3 lives to take him down. Just keep moving and you'll do fine. Same thing with Vosa. She's got some serious lightsaber action going. Plus, whoever designed her took great pains to make her look like a dominatrix. Meow!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 3rd, 2003, 12:42:02 PM
I may get back to playing today, I haven't been able to of late, I have been busy with stuff, plus I have a few computer problems that I am still working on, hopefully I will beat it soon before JMK does :p

JMK
Feb 4th, 2003, 02:32:34 PM
I STILL haven't played since. It's been over 2 weeks now. Just too freaking busy at work. :mad

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 7th, 2003, 08:37:28 PM
I dont get a lot of time to play, either. One of my girls got the PS2 for Christmas and when I learned she was, I asked for BH :)

Im just on the first level at Malastare. I finally found a good walkthrough for the game at gamefaqs.com. It surprised me that
Lucasfilm still doesnt have one up anywhere, at least not that I found.

If Im lucky I get to play a couple, maybe three times a week. The PS2 is set up in my girls room and when shes home her room is basically 'off limits' and I try to respect that :\

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2003, 05:13:32 PM
I finally got passed that Tatooine level the key is snipping, especially after the Tusken Snipers, after that you get to these five guys on a ledge you kill them, sneak around and snipe about 6 of the guards, I couldn't believe they were so stupid, I took out one and nobody would shoot at me, so I continued until I got about 6 then I flew down took out the remaining guys on the first ledge then the ones on the second. After that the hardest part is when you have to fly over with guys shooting rockets at you that was difficult but I finally was able to do it, you really just have to be very quick. Now I guess I will tackle the next level, and I guess I will be fighting a Kyata Dragon.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2003, 10:35:25 PM
I reached the last chapter man those Bonda Gora guys are worse here, they are everywhere and they keep coming. I gave up tonight I think I will pick it back up tomorrow.

Jedieb
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:34:06 PM
Pick a ledge to hang out on and start frying them. I jumped up on that speeder right in front of Slave I and then just let them have it. They come in waves. When they slow down to a trickle make a run for it. You'll still run into the occasional BG, but you'll make it.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:25:35 PM
That is what I did last time I got killed though by those dumb snipers about half way through the level. I think its halfway its right after that big crane like thing and when you turn the corner towards all of this sludge, that really takes your energy fast.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:39:32 PM
Now I am having trouble with Montross, Jedieb how did you beat him, man I have gotten killed by him three times, he is hard.

Jedieb
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:06:47 PM
If you're at Montross you've gotten past the difficult stages IMO. Those snipers you referred to are tricky. I switched back to guns and found that if I slowly inched up on them I could take them out from a distance. As for Montross, it took me 3 lives but I finally managed to kill him. I think the key was I did most of my damage with my first life. I used that big cannon and got in close and unloaded on him at point blank range. Then I ran around and shot from a distance once I depleted all my ammo. He's got a cool cut scene once you finish him off.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:32:41 PM
I'm there too. I've found the BG hangout painfully easy so far, then I got pelted by some losers with those poison darts and that was the end of me. Those Bando Gora guys are really creepy. But standing on that sled and torching them is literally like shooting fish in a barrel. I also tried flying to the top of Slave 1 and shooting them as they stand at the base of the ship. It takes too long though. Torching them is more fun.:)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:12:58 PM
I beat Montross, yeah, I did it on two lives like you said. I agree those snipers were horrible, it took me forever to get past that part, especially around that sludge, I just kind of flew real fast their and tried to make it threw, the walkthrough mentioned something about a tall building and crypts, I couldn't figure out where he meant, I just went straight towards the bridge. Also the cut scene is cool I loved what happend to Montross he deserved what he got

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:29:12 AM
I beat it and you were right Jedieb that was one cool cut scene, Vosa was tough have to say that I didn't think I would beat her.

Jedieb
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:05:18 AM
Congrats! Another finisher joins the club!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:39:06 PM
Hopefully JMK will join us :) I am curious with the comic in the bonus section is only the first issue unlockable? I thought I read that it was the whole thing I could be wrong of course.

JMK
Feb 12th, 2003, 03:16:52 PM
I should be finishing it sometime this week. Then I move on to Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Clone Wars. :D

I'm gonna teach Vosa a lesson she'll never forget!

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:03:54 AM
I keep losing Zam......what do I do after I get to the skiff? But I lose her before that. Isnt she supposed to join up with Jango before he gets to the skiff?

JMK
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:19:35 PM
Go back a few weeks, a couple of us had troubles with that part and we talked about it at length here. If you're at the part I think you are....

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:04:33 PM
Thanks, JMK :)

Havent been able to go back and play yet but it helped. One other thing...this bell lift that you guys talk about. The only lift that I know of is a flat platform. You have to activate it inside of a building then run out the door to catch it before it comes down and goes back up.

Also, in the walkthrough that I read, theres something about the first watch tower in this section.....something about the waterfall and looking at the tower and seeing a small entrance (much like the others Im assuming) and inside is the feather icon and a host of other goodies. Does anyone know where this is at? I remember the one waterfall beyond which is the large stone Dug head that you fly up on to get that feather icon but the section Im refering to now is after you drop through the hole in the one building....the same part of the game where you have to get on the remote controlled skiff........am I making any sense?

JMK
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:03:42 AM
Well I just finished the game. I have to say that the last 2 levels on that moon of Bogden was pretty easy. I found some of the middle levels much more difficult. I never used anything but my regular blasters for any of the bosses, Vosa included. Montross was a baby, and I found a trick that worked real well against Vosa; I didn't die once fighting either of them. I got 12/18 feathers, so the one you were referring to may be one I missed Lady Daq. :(
I also finished with only 159,900 credits, I thought I caught more people than that. But at least I got to read all of the comic and see the outtakes. But I really didn't do very well as far as the concept art gallery goes. Still, I loved this game, it was terrific.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:17:10 AM
hey JMK how far does your comic go? Does it just go up to the first issue which ends with saying Next the Mandalorians vs the Jedi or something like that.

JMK
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:30:44 PM
Yeah, that's as far as it goes. I think you have to buy the next issues in print.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 16th, 2003, 03:16:23 PM
That is what I thought I have the first issue in print, but before the next issue came out my local comic book store closed, now I have to drive 30 minutes for the next closest one, that is out of my way. I wonder if they will release open season as a Graphic Novel? If they do I could probably get it at my local book store.

Jedieb
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:53:34 PM
The comic is pretty good. I've got all 4 boxed up. I think Dark Horse is released a TPB just this month. I don't have any idea of what my totals were. I know I was doing fairly decent but when my son erased my game I rushed through and bypassed many of the bounties I'd gotten the first time around. I may go back to a few levels and see if I can do a bit better. Now I'm just waiting on Clone Wars to go on sale.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:23:10 PM
You could always rent it like me.