PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:46:36 AM
Just want to wish all of us in the U.S a Happy Thanksgiving, hope you are getting plenty of Turkey :D

Dae Jinn
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:00:56 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be safe and try not to over-eat ;) lol

Darth Viscera
Nov 28th, 2002, 01:00:15 PM
ah, turkey!

*burp*

Jedieb
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:10:46 PM
Love to eat turkey
Love to eat turkey
Love to eat turkey
'Cause it's good
Love to eat turkey
Like a good boy should
'Cause it's turkey to eat
So good

Turkey for me
Turkey for you
Let's eat the turkey
In my big brown shoe
Love to eat the turkey
At the table
I once saw a movie
With Betty Grable
Eat that turkey
All night long
Fifty million Elvis fans
Can't be wrong
Turkey lurkey doo and
Turkey lurkey dap
I eat that turkey
Then I take a nap

Thanksgiving is a special night
Jimmy Walker used to say Dynomite
That's right
Turkey with gravy and cranberry
Can't believe the Mets traded Darryl Strawberry
Turkey for you and
Turkey for me
Can't believe Tyson
Gave that girl V.D.

White meat, dark meat
You just can't lose
I fell off my moped
And I got a bruise
Turkey in the oven
And the buns in the toaster
I'll never take down
My Cheryl Tiegs poster
Wrap the turkey up
In aluminum foil
My brother likes to masturbate
With baby oil
Turkey and sweet potato pie
Sammy Davis Jr.
Only had one eye

Turkey for the girls and
Turkey for the boys
My favorite kind of pants
Are corduroys
Gobble gobble goo and
Gobble gobble gickel
I wish turkey
Only cost a nickel
Oh I love turkey on Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

ReaperFett
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:27:54 PM
If you have Turkey at Thanksgiving, what do you have at Christmas?

Enjoy your TG :)

JMK
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:35:26 PM
Hope you're all in the midst of a great big dinner!

Reap, I think I speak for most north americans when I say that there is never enough turkey!

Jinn Fizz
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:36:38 PM
Some people have turkey again at Christmas. In my family, though, the tradition has been ham, or sometimes roast beef and Yorkshire puddings. :)

Hope everyone has had a super Thanksgiving! :) :) :)

BUFFJEDI
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:57:33 PM
Somebody stuff some Turkey in EB(s) Mouth!!!

Happy Turkey day Guys/gals:cool

JediBoricua
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:05:33 PM
This is my favorite american holiday, I really eat like a pig.

Now on Christmas we have pork cooked in a pole all day long on open fire! 'Tis great.

JMK
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:14:55 PM
Damn that sounds good!

JediBoricua
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:39:05 PM
You have no idea.

JMK
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:41:43 PM
No....I don't. :cry

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Nov 29th, 2002, 04:13:12 AM
*hands JMK a hanky*

On Christmas eve, at my folks house, we usually have ham sandwiches, chips, cheese balls and other seasonal goodies. If its our year to eat Chrsitmas dinner at my parents' home, we have turkey. My husband's mother perfers ham and thats what we have at her house on Christmas day.

Jedieb
Nov 29th, 2002, 07:25:25 PM
Like Boricua, my family roasts pork for X-Mas. When I was a kid we'd roast the whole pig in a pit in our yard. As the years went on things got more and more extravagent. My uncle eventually built a huge cement oven that's capable of roasting 4-6 pigs at once. Remember the family dinner in My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Change the Greeks to Cubans and the Lamb to a Pig and you've got every big family get together I ever attended as a kid. Man do I miss the food....:(

Sanis Prent
Nov 29th, 2002, 07:38:55 PM
I am the chef at my house, and I'm responsible for all the big meals. For this thanksgiving, I basted a big turkey in a nice ginger/spice combination, stuffed with orange rind, served up with a spinach and ricotta tortellini, sweetrolls, and then a good traditional turkey dressing, four cheese mashed potatoes, ham in green beans, and candied yams. Follow that up with sweet tea, pecan pie, and my mom's apple pie...its not a bad combination.

Christmas, I generally don't go for turkey, because I prefer other things. For a few years, it was cornish hens, which are small whole chickens. Instead, I'm usually more inclined for a good creole-style blackened St. Louis strip, rare, with a good spread of cornbread and chili. Its not a traditional meal, but its fun. My friend's dad usually makes egg nog, which is the most potent thing in the universe. I've seen him drain a fifth of jack into a batch, and you can't taste a drop of booze in it.

Jedieb
Nov 29th, 2002, 08:26:58 PM
This has now become the most mouth wathering thread I've ever read here.
drroooooolllll......

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 29th, 2002, 09:08:44 PM
I made cheesecake for Thanksgiving, and then rescued the potatoes by running out and buying instant flakes when somehow the entire batch of "real" potatoes got turned into potato jello. It was bizarre. Of course, instant potatoes are yukky compared to the real thing, but it was all we could do with only half an hour to spare. ^_^;

And I agree, this thread is making me hungry. However, I've never been a fan of orange rinds. :x

BUFFJEDI
Nov 29th, 2002, 10:05:20 PM
I made a crem brule" (to bad I can't spell it) topped with wine sauce and fruit. That is the best desert EVER :rollin

JediBoricua
Nov 29th, 2002, 10:55:07 PM
Change the Greeks to Cubans and the Lamb to a Pig and you've got every big family get together I ever attended as a kid. Man do I miss the food....

LOL! I know the feeling! I love getting together with my whole family, 17 cousing, 9 uncles, the grandparents, it's very fun.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:06:01 PM
"Creme brulee," and yes, it is. *stomach growls* :(