PDA

View Full Version : 3 Men & A Baby - The Horror Movie

Jedieb
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:11:00 PM
Does everybody know about the "ghost" scene in Three Men and A Baby, the Tom Selleck, Ted Danson, and Steve Guttenburg comedy directed by Leonard Nimoy? To sum it up, much of the movie was filmed in an apartment in which a teenage boy had commited suicide. During a scene in which Danson's character is talking to his mother the camera pans across the room and you can see windows overlooking the street in the background. When the camera pans back you can see the figure of a boy hovering outside the window. Supposedly it's the ghost of the kid that killed himself. If you build it up right it can get a whole room freaked out. I remember watching it in college once with some friends during a network broadcast and we literally jumped out of our seats. (Actually, the best part of that story involves a blond I was seeing at the time, but I digress..)

In all likelyhood, someone in the crew probably hung a standee outside the window or something to that effect. But seeing that kid hanging there in the window can be pretty freaky.

Dae Jinn
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:16:45 PM
That's like the story of the crew member who hung himself and you can see him swing into the background in "The Wizard of Oz".

It's in the scene right after they get the Tin-man and after the Witch comes. You can see something swing out into the "road" on a rope. Doesn't look too much like a person though o_O

Sol Blake
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:12:42 PM
That freaked the crap out of me. It was rumoured to be one of the small folk playing a munchkin who had killed during shooting. That cannot be seen in the newer versions of the film.

However it is supposed to be one of the exotic birds they had roaming loose about the set.

Dae Jinn
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:18:24 PM
I figured it was one of those big stork type birds they had in that screen. I mean, I've watched it a few times, and it doesn't resemble a human at all :\

Shawn
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:27:00 PM
http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/3menbaby.htm

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/ozsuicid.htm

ReaperFett
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:46:13 PM
Like an old Scooby Doo programme, it was Danson all along!

And he would have got away with it ;)

Dae Jinn
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:52:48 PM
Damn meddling kids ;)

Hector Diens
Nov 27th, 2002, 02:37:45 PM
And that stupid dog too!

Dae Jinn
Nov 27th, 2002, 02:40:34 PM
:lol!!!

At least the Oz link has that video clip, but the color version shows the "hanging" better.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 27th, 2002, 03:27:57 PM
:lol:lol

Jedieb
Nov 27th, 2002, 03:34:35 PM
The shotgun version is the one I've always heard. When I said "hanging" I didn't mean that the boy hung himself, but that someone hung the standee outside the window. It's pretty amazing how these wild stories can get started and have a life of their own. Thanks for the links Shawn!

Shawn
Nov 27th, 2002, 03:42:05 PM
Snopes is almost as utilitarian as Dictionary.com and Google. :)