PDA

View Full Version : Are the Matrix creators shooting themselves in the foot?

ReaperFett
Nov 27th, 2002, 03:52:06 AM
In about six months, it will be out. But as of yet, there's been no big magazine set reports, no interviews, and overall little hype.

Isnt this a bit dangerous? I mean, I believe it comes out at about the same time as X2. And while this is getting a lot of publicity, MS seems to be almost hidden away.

Oriadin
Nov 27th, 2002, 04:17:54 AM
Yeah, but does the Matrix need any introduction? Hype does a film no good. Infact the only thing it IS good for is making studios more money. Hype will always leave the customer disapointed. I for one am happy they arent building it up just yet.

Speaking of hype, I read there was gonna be a Terminator 3 trailer at LOTR.

Darth23
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:04:19 AM
EW put The Matrix on the cover a few months ago (or was it Premiere?)

I don't think it need massive hype, but with SO many movies doing rip-ofs or take-offs or their own Matrix-style action sequences, MR is going to be challeneged to give the audience something new.

The movie will easily open higher than the orginal, it it will have so much momentum that a gross over $200 million is almost guaranteed.

Dae Jinn
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:08:49 AM
I don't think they'd need to hype it up much at all, everyone who saw and loved the original would probably want to go see this one :\ IMO. Not that I'd go see it :lol

And do we really need a T3? :x

Ki-Adi Kindo
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:24:11 AM
Biggest Matrix Fan Ever says...

Reloaded comes out sometime in March, and 6 monthes later Revolutions. Can't freakin wait!!!

WARNING: We best not be dissin the coolest movie ever, or there's gonna be consequences and repercussions up in here.

ReaperFett
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:25:46 AM
We need T3 more than a MR :)

But what they seem to ignore, is the "third way" for the Matrix. There's your love the film, will see it no matter group. There's your dislike, probably wont see. But then you have those who just dont agree with the idea of a sequel. And they're doing nothing to change their views, are they?

but with SO many movies doing rip-ofs or take-offs or their own Matrix-style action sequences
Oh the irony ;)

We best not be dissin the coolest movie ever, or there's gonna be consequences and repercussions up in here.
Come get some :)

Darth Vader
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:15:18 PM
I've got serious problems with a Matrix sequel :\ I really think they're trying to simply milk the cash cow on this one.

Dreth Kindo
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:23:26 PM
( This is Ki Adi, but this is my friend's character)

The Matrix has to be destroyed dosen't it?

I THINK SO!!!

I saw the the trailer for it (22 times actually) and trust me people, it look's awesome!

ReaperFett
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:26:41 PM
Kindo, the Empire needs to be totally defeated by the Rebellion/NR, we never saw that in film :)

Darth Vader
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:38:37 PM
That, and Keanu "I know Kung Fu" Reeves has become Cybergod, so what is the point?

Everybody hints at a fight in Xion, Zion or whatever...well who cares about that? Now the Matrix has turned into the Matrix without Matrix stuff.

Shawn
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:46:05 PM
Oh the ironyI still fail to see your claims that the Matrix is a rip-off. At most, they took some influences from other sources.

The Wachowski Bros (I think I spelled that right) wanted to make a movie that felt like a live-action anime. I think they suceeded in what they set out to do.

The Matrix works well as a stand-alone movie, so I admit that that having sequels seems kind of questionable. But I still intend to at least see Reloaded.

Darth Vader
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:06:20 PM
I'll see it, if somebody else foots the bill. I enjoyed the matrix thoroughly, and I'm just really not sure about sequels. It doesn't seem right :\

BUFFJEDI
Nov 27th, 2002, 07:44:21 PM
Another MatrixO_o I hope they do better than the last/first one.Also hope Reeves learns to act. And hope the give props to Blade , since they stole bullet time from it :angel

Think I'll go hide before Kindo show's up :eek

ReaperFett
Nov 27th, 2002, 07:46:09 PM
Dont forget the GAP adverts too Buff. Blade dodged bullets first :) ;)

Darth23
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:18:16 PM
Maybe it's just cause I knew there would be sequels before I saw it, but the first time I saw the Matrix the ending SCREAMED sequel to me.

It COULD work as a stand alone movie, as long as you don't mind all the important stuff happening after the movie ends.

Sanis Prent
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:49:31 PM
Like what? When he's Cybergod, he can get rid of the opposition with a keystroke...or at least thats my take on it.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:08:56 PM
Simple answer to the sequel is serious spoiler

You keep Neo out of the Matrix and Trinity and Morpeous in. Neo is not a God outside of the Matrix- only inside.

It would work. But Fett's correct, why is there so little publicity???

BUFFJEDI
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:38:18 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Dont forget the GAP adverts too Buff. Blade dodged bullets first :) ;) :D

Sanis Prent
Nov 27th, 2002, 11:09:25 PM
That is such a lame plot idea, to be frank. Its like having Superman wear a Kryptonite T-shirt, because its green.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 27th, 2002, 11:52:49 PM
I'm going to watch the movies. And you know what? After I've seen them, then I'll tell you whether they were lame ideas or not. Right now, I have no idea.

:)

Sene Unty
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:48:12 AM
I'm on the same boat as LD.....I'll wait and see. I like the lack of hype...too much will always disapoint. :D

ReaperFett
Nov 28th, 2002, 02:49:39 AM
Personally, by now I'd have had teaser trailers EVERYWHERE. The tiny ones that make you go "Oooooh", and then they finish :)

Oriadin
Nov 28th, 2002, 05:56:45 AM
Im really not sure what I think about the sequals. The first was simply brilliant. I love everything about it. The whole idea, the special effects, the story, everything. That brings my biggest fear. Will the second film add anything to the first, other than just move the story along a little bit? As someone said here earlier, the matrix is good as a stand alone movie but it screams out for a sequal. I just hope it doesnt make the first movie look bad, thats all. Im greatfull for the lack of hype. I want to go to the cinema, not really knowing much about it and be amazed like I was the first time.

JMK
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:16:01 AM
Remember, it's still months away from release. Right now is mega hype time for HP2 and TTT. There will be time in the new year for hype. There's only so much we can take right now.
Hype or not (preferably not) I'm very anxious for these movies. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:26:32 AM
Charley, you're not the one with a bad feeling about these sequels to the Matrix.

But I am going to see them, I hope.