PDA

View Full Version : To Hell in a Handbasket (challenge to darksiders)

Morgan Evanar
Nov 26th, 2002, 05:59:36 PM
Morgan crashed through the window, uncurling from his mid-air summersault as blaster bolts sailed above. He had, in short, been betrayed, lied to, and a whole big slew of other negative words. A resounding slap sang through the rainy air as the Jedi Master landed against the taught, ultra slick fabric of the carried him downward at a rather terrifying pace. Feet pushed hard against the tie rail below, and Morgan was again airborne.

Frell... I wonder who's brilliant this idea was. He sailed twoard a bridge between Mayro's twin Market Capital buildings.

Morgan pulled free his rail pistol, and let loose on the rapidly closing transparisteel, attempting to empty the weapon far faster than it could cycle. He managed eight of fifteen projectiles before his hundred-kilo body finished the job, sending shards everywhere. A messy, tumbling roll finished his trip, smacking against the lower glass pane below and on the other side of the bridge, untouched from his rapid projectile assault.

"I think" he said to no one in particular. "that I'll just lay here for a bit, and decided how I'm going to talk to the Senate Tourism Affairs committee." With a sigh, he flicked a fleck of glass out his forehead.

"'Oh yes Master Evanar, both the Union and the Platren Entertainment Corporation are generally quite agreeable, and seem to have an admiration of Jedi'" Morgan mimed. Of course, he had been suspicious.

I'll be sure to update the log and add they think that Jedi make admirable targets.

Still, the other meetings had gone pretty well, and people didn't normally just snap for no good reason. The whole situation was starting to get weird.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:56:36 AM
Trivelyan, a young man with spiked blond hair and black-rimmed goggles, stood within the facilities operations center. His goggles were glowing a bright green as they scanned the world around him, relaying information to his otherwise useless nerve receptors.

"Director Trivelyan, he's escaped -" reported a corporate underling, though he wasn't able to say anything else before being interrupted.

"You idiot! I know he's escaped," yelled Trivelyan, the Platren Entertainment Corporation's head of security. He ran one of his hands through his hair, brushing away the sweat that had built up on his scalp. For the first time in his life he wished that so much responsibility hadn't fallen onto his shoulders.

The operations center was filled with holo-projectors, each of them displaying a different section of the facility. Trivelyan watched nervously as Jeseth made his way across the different holo-projections, coming closer and closer to the operations center with each step. "I'll take full responsibility for this," said Trivelyan, turning around to face a door that was behind him.

He stood motionless in Jeseth's presence, and then dropped to the floor. Everyone in the room turned their head away and continued with their duties. Trivelyan was bleeding from his nose, mouth, and ears. His goggles popped off as pressure built inside of them, blood spilling out from his eyes, coming together in a pool at Jeseth’s feet.

"I'm through with you." Everyone turned around as Jeseth spoke. "The New Republic is going to get involved, and so will the Jedi... Tell your superiors that the Platren Entertainment Corporation has lost my support." He turned around and stepped out. No one said anything or tried to stop him; unlike Trivelyan (who had been high on the corporate ladder), they were only grunts. Not a single one of them was willing to die in the name of the Platren Entertainment Corporation.

Jeseth made his way to the window that Morgan had leapt from and looked around. He spotted a single strand of blood clinging to a tiny shard of broken glass, and picked it up. His pale fingers brought the shard to his mouth, and he licked the blood off of it with the tip of his tongue. Morgan was out there somewhere... but how much did he really know?

If he found out that I was here, or why I was here...

He stretched his wings and flexed his muscles, then leapt from the broken window. His wings clapped against the air as he began a slow descent, narrowed eyes scanning for Morgan. He noticed a path of destruction and followed it, setting down a tension cable a few feet above the man he had been looking for. "A shame," said Jeseth as he looked down at the Jedi Master, "that we had to meet under these circumstances.”

"What's the matter? You look surprised..."

Jehova Eaven
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:05:18 PM
Jehova had been leaning against a glass panel which overlooked the rest of the city. He had been watching Jeseth as he attended to his business. How boring the life of a security guard was. He pitied the poor fool who Jeseth had killed in cold blood. The rest of the staff seemingly ignored what happened, but he knew that they watched in fear.

"Tch, pathetic creatures." He spat on the floor as he followed Jeseth outside of a broken window. He jumped off of the ledge and fell quickly until his wings expanded just in time to slow his decent. He landed beside Jeseth and stared at the unknown giant.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:21:32 PM
Morgan half shrugged, and picked a piece of glass out his sleeve.

"Well, you know, going through a pair of windows does strange things to a guy." His hand blurred to the rail pistol, and emptied it at Jeseth. Glass showered down like the rain that followed after the pane's destruction. Twin trails of blood arched through the air as the Jedi Master's fire ripped through Jeseth's left wing. Jeseth recoiled slightly, and Morgan leapt through the new hole in the bridge's ceiling, landing on the pane just below where Cloak had perched, saber in hand.

"You're both guiltier than a Hutt with a spice mine!" Deep, blue light radiated from the weapon. The blade hummed through the air, eating through the cable, which snapped in a terriffic fashion.

Cherice St_Hilare
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:59:58 AM
"Play that again," snapped Cherice as she glared at the monitors over the shoulder of a young woman. The security guard nodded and rewound the video, then replayed it. On the screens, Morgan Evanar could be seen crashing through the windows and exhibiting several acrobatic skills, which only deepened her frown.

"And you all just stood around and let him get away like that ? Well, did you ?!"

A cleanshaven young man took a step forward and cleared his throat nervously. "Miss, I can assure you that -"

"That what ? You have it 'under control' ? And who told you to speak, anyways ?"

He began to wring his hands as droplets of sweat formed at his forehead, knowing quite well what Cherice was capable of during one of her moods.

"I'm awfully sorry, Miss. We're doing everything we can."

"Oh, shut up. I have no time for you," she retorted, waving a hand at him as an act of dismissal.

"I can assure you all that this isn't going to end too pleasantly. We expected only the best, and this is what we get ? Pathetic."

Turning around, she clasped her hands behind her back and began to walk down the hallway. The Jedi Master wasn't supposed to escape, but apparantly, the plans went awry. Coming to the window Morgan had crashed through, she paused and looked out, just in time to see Jehova jump off the ledge. Quirking an eyebrow, Cherice carefully stepped out, listening as the glass shards continued to break in smaller pieces under her weight. After she went to the end and looked down, she saw Morgan firing at Jeseth and Jehova staring.

Crouching, her blue eyes went a shade deeper as Morgan lept into the bridge's ceiling. She could hear him take his saber and cut through the cable, but didn't do anything. She would bide her time, knowing that the others could take care of themselves.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:10:29 PM
White... blinding - The pain of having his wing pierced was so great that for a instant everything faded into obscurity. His body crossed a physical threshold, and then everything went numb. When the world came into focus once again, he felt the ground slipping from underneath him.

Morgan had cut the tension cable. It whipped through the air loudly as Jeseth fell, cutting several other cables and setting a cascade into effect. The bridge was starting to collapse under it's own weight. Jeseth activated his saber and landed with as much grace as was possible, his eyes fixed upon Morgan dangerously.

Feathers and blood clung to Jeseth's dark clothes as he balanced himself upon the now tilting bridge. His wings were pulled tight to his back. He wouldn't be able to fly when the bridge fell... but neither would Morgan. Jeseth used the Force to pull upon several of the cables, drawing them towards Morgan as they whipped and cracked. One of them hit the Jedi in the back loudly, the others still approaching with much more speed and power. Jeseth kept his saber ready and maintain his concentration upon the cables, creating a gauntlet that Morgan would have to cross to come any closer.

Jehova Eaven
Dec 6th, 2002, 01:10:24 PM
The bridge was on the verge of collapse. The cables that held the bridge in place had been snapped. This giant Light sider apparently did not think about his position. Should the bridge fall then it was obvious that they would have the upper hand.

"Jeseth!" Jehova yelled as he jumped off of his now collapsing perch. He noticed the blood on Jeseth's clothing as he stood on the bridge. He knew that he couldn't fly with that wound. Jehova would have to curve his plan of destroying the bridge.

He quickly started trying to think of a new strategy but in the end gave up on it. He was not a coward, he would face the giant head on. Jehova landed behind the large man and held on to his staff tightly.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 6th, 2002, 05:27:01 PM
Morgan was a mongoose among snakes, weaving and doging into something that could have been a coreographed dance with death. Blood ran down his back from the initial shallow wound that Jeseth had scored, but the cables were systematically chopped back in a blue hum.

The smell was there before it happend: rain. Heavy rain, and its atmospheric tumble companion, lightning. For a moment, the lightsaber blade dissapeared in the flash, and a loud bang echoed through the air.

Jehova landed behind him very softly, gaining tenous purchase on the slick glass. A kick was added to Morgan's dance, sending Jehova sprawling away from him in the now steady rain. It begain to gale as the thunderhead approached, and the bridge groaned loudly. Both Ambrelians seemed to have a much harder time with staying upright than Morgan, who's hundred kilos kept him firmly anchored.

"Bye now!" he the Jedi Master yelled into the wind before he stomped the glass pane that formed part of the bridge's ceiling, and fell through. After landing into a run, Morgan charged through the doors to the nearest tower, leaving the two winged Darksiders to the elements.

Cherice St_Hilare
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:19:23 PM
Now.

Springing up, she leaped down onto the collapsing bridge before skidding to a stop. Morgan had damaged Jeseth's wing and kicked Jehova away, but apparantly had not noticed her. All for the better.

There were straps on her thighs which bound blasters, of which she pulled one out. At the same time she was trying to maintain her balance, yelling out a string of curses.

Now she took the same footsteps as Jehova, keeping her eyes on the Jedi Master before he fell through the glass pane. Oh no you don't. Breaking into a run, she followed him down, landing into a crouch. Immediately she was on her feet again, raising her blaster to take aim. Morgan probably thought he was safe after barging through the double doors since he hadn't noticed her presence.

Not far behind, she threw her shoulder into one of the doors and slammed it open, immediately taking fire. One blast hit Morgan in the right thigh, the others barely missing him.

"Coward!" She yelled, her voice thick with rage.