PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 13 (Note: Thursday Games)

Figrin D'an
Nov 26th, 2002, 02:45:23 PM
This is being posted early because, as always, the NFL has Dallas and Detroit hosting games on Thanksgiving. Because of this, this rules will change a little this week. You will not be required to make all of your picks at once, and/or have all of them in by kickoff on Thursday. You may pick the two Thursday games (must be in by 12:30 PM Eastern, Thursday), while the rest of the may be made later (must be in by 1 PM Eastern on Sunday).

To accomplish this, please use SEPERATE posts. If you wish to pick all of the games right away, then you may do so. Otherwise, use one post for the Thursday games, and another one for the Sunday/Monday games. Please do not edit previous posts to include picks for the weekend.

If anyone has any questions, please PM me or catch me on AIM during the evenings...

Games for Week 13

Thursday

New England vs Detroit
Washington vs Dallas

Sunday, Early

Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville
Miami vs Buffalo
Baltimore vs Cincinnati
Carolina vs Cleveland
Chicago vs Green Bay
Arizona vs Kansas City
Atlanta vs Minnesota
Tennessee vs NY Giants

Sunday, Late

Houston vs Indianapolis
Denver vs San Diego
Seattle vs San Francisco
St. Louis vs Philadelphia

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay vs New Orleans

Monday Night

NY Jets vs Oakland

ReaperFett
Nov 26th, 2002, 02:52:35 PM
If you're going to have it work different, can you say in the title theres changes? Its confusing :)

imported_Blade Ice
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:36:13 PM
Thursday

New England(win) vs Detroit
Washington(win) vs Dallas

Sunday, Early

Pittsburgh(win) vs Jacksonville
Miami vs Buffalo(win)
Baltimore(win) vs Cincinnati
Carolina vs Cleveland (win)
Chicago vs Green Bay(win)
Arizona vs Kansas City(win)
Atlanta(win) vs Minnesota
Tennessee vs NY Giants(win)

Sunday, Late

Houston vs Indianapolis(win)
Denver (win) vs San Diego
Seattle vs San Francisco (win)
St. Louis vs Philadelphia (win )

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay(win) vs New Orleans

Monday Night

NY Jets vs Oakland(win)

Taylor Millard
Nov 26th, 2002, 04:09:53 PM
Thursday

New England WIN vs Detroit

Washington vs Dallas WIN

Sunday, Early

Pittsburgh WIN vs Jacksonville

Miami vs Buffalo WIN

Baltimore WIN vs Cincinnati

Carolina vs Cleveland WIN

Chicago vs Green Bay WIN

Arizona vs Kansas City WIN

Atlanta WIN vs Minnesota

Tennessee vs NY Giants WIN

Sunday, Late

Houston vs Indianapolis WIN

Denver vs San Diego WIN

Seattle vs San Francisco WIN

St. Louis vs Philadelphia WIN

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay WIN vs New Orleans

Monday Night

NY Jets WIN vs Oakland [/B]

JonathanLB
Nov 26th, 2002, 07:17:20 PM
New England
Dallas

Jacksonville
Miami
Baltimore
Carolina
Green Bay
Kansas City
Atlanta
NY Giants

Indianapolis
Denver
San Francisco
St. Louis

Tampa Bay

Oakland

Right and Wrong:

-The Niners are playing poorly and have no claim to being one of the league's best teams at this rate, so I was wrong if they keep this crap up.

-The San Diego Chargers were every bit as pathetic and poor as I said they were last week and I was proved right by their pitiful loss to Miami, which showed absolutely no competence at all. Regardless of their winning record, they are terrible lately and won't be winning this week either.

jjwr
Nov 26th, 2002, 07:45:23 PM
Can we change picks before the games happen? Say change my Sunday picks on Saturday?

Thursday

New England(W) vs Detroit
Washington vs Dallas(W)

Figrin D'an
Nov 26th, 2002, 09:28:56 PM
If you want to change picks before the games, you should use a seperate post.

Maybe I should explain my thoughts on this a little better.

Because there is such a short time before the Thursday games, and I know some people like to wait until the weekend to pick the slate of games, I wanted to give people the option of still doing so, while still being able to pick the games on Thanksgiving. Now, if you wish to pick all of the games right away, that's fine. But, then don't edit your post to change picks for the weekend games once the Thursday game are completed. If you aren't sure about your Sunday/Monday picks, just wait until the weekend to post them, or make a totally seperate post with them that you can later edit.

Unless you are going to make all the picks now and are going to stick with them, don't post the Thursday games and the Sunday/Monday games together.

Does any of that make sense?

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Nov 26th, 2002, 11:32:38 PM
1. Lions

2. Dallas

I'll post the rest of my picks later.

Jedieb
Nov 27th, 2002, 08:03:14 AM
WIN New England vs Detroit
WIN Washington vs Dallas

I may change some of these before game time. I'm just not sure about that Dallas game. Dallas had one of their better games of the season last week, as did the Skins. Washington always has a hard time against Dallas, but Spurrier has had this game circled on his calendar ever since he got the game. It's just a tough game to call.:\

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:38:29 PM
W New England at Detriot
Washington at Dallas W

sirdizzy
Nov 27th, 2002, 02:22:02 PM
i read an intersting article on espn about how unfair the league is to give dallas and detroit home games for thanksgiving every year, becuase playing on the road on a shortened week is a huge deficient for the opposing team givind dallas and detroit a huge edge

i totally agree with this its not fair that everyone doesn't get a chance to host a game on one of the biggest football days of the year

New England
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Miami
Baltimore
Cleveland
Green Bay
Kansas City
Atlanta
NY Giants
Indianapolis
Denver
San Francisco
St. Louis
Tampa Bay
Jets

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 27th, 2002, 03:29:44 PM
Thursday

New England WIN vs Detroit
Washington vs Dallas WIN

Sunday, Early

Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville WIN
Miami WIN vs Buffalo
Baltimore WIN vs Cincinnati
Chicago vs Green Bay WIN
Atlanta WIN vs Minnesota
Tennessee WIN vs NY Giants

Sunday, Late

Denver vs San Diego WIN
St. Louis vs Philadelphia WIN

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay WIN vs New Orleans

Monday Night

NY Jets vs Oakland WIN

Jedieb
Nov 27th, 2002, 03:41:44 PM
Some people have been complaining about Dallas and Detroit's Turkey Day games for years. Especially when Dallas had those great teams in the 90's. Dallas would use the subsequent days off to help rest up key players for the stretch run. Detroit... well they've pretty much always sucked so they could never really take advantage of it that much. But the thing is, Dallas and Detroit took those games when NOBODY wanted them. 20+ plus years ago nobody wanted to play on Thanksgiving Day except Tex Schram. It's not his fault the game ended up being such a big hit and the occasional advantage. Still though, I wouldn't mind seeing the game rotated every year. Maybe the previous Superbowl champions could each get a game?

Figrin D'an
Nov 27th, 2002, 06:27:20 PM
Thursday

New England (W) vs Detroit
Washington (W) vs Dallas

I know I said that Dallas always wins on Thanksgiving...
well... not this year... :)
Dallas won last week... and these are the kind of games that Spurrier lives for... big television audience, against an old rival...

ReaperFett
Nov 27th, 2002, 07:44:44 PM
New England
Dallas

Wash/Dallas is a real doozy for my selection process :)

JMK
Nov 27th, 2002, 08:34:55 PM
Thursday

New England (w) vs Detroit
Washington vs Dallas (w)

Sunday, Early

Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville (w)
Miami (w) vs Buffalo
Baltimore (w) vs Cincinnati
Carolina vs Cleveland (w)
Chicago vs Green Bay (w)
Arizona vs Kansas City (w)
Atlanta (w) vs Minnesota
Tennessee vs NY Giants (w)

Sunday, Late

Houston vs Indianapolis (w)
Denver vs San Diego (w)
Seattle vs San Francisco (w)
St. Louis (w) vs Philadelphia

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay vs New Orleans (w)

Monday Night

NY Jets vs Oakland (w)

Sene Unty
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:41:16 AM
Thursday

New England (W) vs Detroit
Washington (W) vs Dallas

Sunday, Early

Pittsburgh (W) vs Jacksonville
Miami(W) vs Buffalo
Baltimore vs Cincinnati (W)
Carolina vs Cleveland (W)
Chicago vs Green Bay (W)
Arizona vs Kansas City (W)
Atlanta(W) vs Minnesota
Tennessee(W) vs NY Giants

Sunday, Late

Houston vs Indianapolis(W)
Denver(W) vs San Diego
Seattle vs San Francisco(W)
St. Louis vs Philadelphia(W)

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay(W) vs New Orleans

Monday Night

NY Jets vs Oakland(W)

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:59:03 AM
New England
Dallas

JMK
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:39:15 PM
Excellent! A nice, early 2-0 jump! :smokin
Way to go everyone, except those of you who took Detroit or Washington. 2 very badly coached teams. Yes, Steve Spurrier is an idiot. :p

BUFFJEDI
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:53:07 PM
Dallas cowboy's Officially have a Great season:)
And you guy's thought they would lose to the Deadskins:huh(except Reaper) ,You guy's crack me up :crack

Figrin D'an
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:54:21 PM
Spurrier isn't an idiot. He's just aggressive in his coaching style. Sometimes it costs him.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:55:32 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Spurrier isn't an idiot. He's just aggressive in his coaching style. Sometimes it costs him. Sometimes;)

sirdizzy
Nov 28th, 2002, 08:07:20 PM
wow after going 5-11 last week i am already 2-0 much better

JMK
Nov 28th, 2002, 08:58:55 PM
IMO, until Spurrier realises that this isn't college ball, he's going to remain an idiot. ;)

ReaperFett
Nov 29th, 2002, 02:47:43 AM
Im pulling away ;)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Nov 29th, 2002, 04:04:11 AM
1. Jaguars

2. Dolphins

3. Bengals

4. Browns

5. Packers

6. Chiefs

7. Falcons

8. Giants

9. Colts

10. Broncos

11. 49ers

12. Eagles

13. Buchs

14. Raiders

Jedieb
Nov 29th, 2002, 10:49:46 AM
I'm glad the Cowboys pulled it out. The Redskins had that game in hand. Up 20-10 in the 3rd quarter. The Cowboys D made the big play that turned the game. If the receiver doesn't bobble the ball, or Spurrier relies on Davis a bit more, then the Skins probably could have held onto their lead. Spurrier certainly wasn't outcoached by Campo. The players took care of the game.

Well, I'm 2 games out of the lead now. This weekend is going to be interesting. Here are my picks:

WIN Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville
WIN Miami vs Buffalo
WIN Baltimore vs Cincinnati
Chicago vs Green Bay WIN
WIN Atlanta vs Minnesota
WIN Tennessee vs NY Giants
WIN Denver vs San Diego
WIN St. Louis vs Philadelphia
WIN Tampa Bay vs New Orleans

NY Jets vs Oakland WIN

Taylor Millard
Nov 29th, 2002, 01:04:30 PM
Originally posted by BUFFJEDI
Dallas cowboy's Officially have a Great season:)
And you guy's thought they would lose to the Deadskins:huh(except Reaper) ,You guy's crack me up :crack

HEY! I watched the entire game. I was rooting for the 'Boys the entire time.

And I've decided to be nice to my work and not wear my Cowboys hat all this weekend.

Now when Dallas beats Washington Dec. 29...:mischief

Sene Unty
Nov 29th, 2002, 05:32:14 PM
Winning one silly game against the redsins does not make them any good. Every single team that played this Thanksgiving sucked. Detroit? Three Interceptions! Laughable. The Patriots??? Detroit gives up 3 int. and you only win 20-12! What a joke. They should have won that game by 50 with the way Detroit was playing. Dallas just plain sucks and if they hadn't have gotten that silly Interception-touchdown, they would not have won. All in all I was bored out of my mind by the whole bunch of non-playoff contenders.

JMK
Nov 29th, 2002, 06:02:48 PM
:lol

I saw the first 10 minutes of the first quarter of the detroit/new england game and that was enough. I had to leave for work, but I saw the Bruschi pick and I saw where that game was going. I'm glad I didn't stick around to see the rest of it.

jjwr
Nov 29th, 2002, 06:39:07 PM
The Pats were a bit flat in that game, not sure if it was the short week or what. They had the same problems as they had in the Vikings game, Bardy was fine and the line held but the receivers keep dropping them darn balls. It was the 3rd Quarter in the Vikings game, they dropped like 6 balls including a few very key 3rd down ones, same thing happened on Thanksgiving, course they've got 2 Rookies out there and they do rely on them and thats where a lot of drops are coming from.

Sadly Patten dropped a deep one as well and Brown dropped another, I'm curious if its because Brady is putting too much on the ball and the players aren't expecting it. After a few of those Detroits drops he was giving a few players some serious hairy eye-balls, he realized they kept blowing perfect opportunities with all those drops.

Oh well, long week and Bledsoe is coming to town, gonna be a huge game for them.

JMK
Nov 29th, 2002, 06:42:43 PM
Yeah, should the Dolphins win this weekend in Buffalo, the loser of that game may be out of luck for the playoffs.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 29th, 2002, 10:45:23 PM
W Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville
Miami vs W Buffalo
W Baltimore vs Cincinnati
Carolina vs W Cleveland
Chicago vs W Green Bay
Arizona vs W Kansas City
W Atlanta vs Minnesota
W Tennessee vs NY Giants

Sunday, Late

Houston vs W Indianapolis
Denver vs W San Diego
Seattle vs W San Francisco
W St. Louis vs Philadelphia

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay vs W New Orleans

Monday Night

W NY Jets vs Oakland

JonathanLB
Nov 30th, 2002, 05:35:07 AM
Just like last year, the Patriots are a joke. Only this year, joke's on them, because they aren't going to win anything except Has-Been Team of the Year. Actually more like Never-Was Team That Wrongly Won a Playoff Game and Miraculously Used Their Momentum to Beat Much Better Football Teams With the "Any Given Sunday" Theory.

They make me sick. What a weak team.

I agree with what was said before, all 4 of those teams suck hard and they were boring to watch. I remember good Turkey Day games, these were not them.

sirdizzy
Nov 30th, 2002, 11:03:48 AM
thats because the league keeps giving the games to dallas and detroit who are horrible football teams

jjwr
Nov 30th, 2002, 11:06:38 AM
LOL...gotta love it when someone who has no clue what they're talking about mouths off like that :)

Pats are a joke and a weak team? How about the Niners? Lets see they've played 6 teams with a .500 or greater record and have won two of those games, one against the Giants who as we all know are a awefull 6-5 team and the other against the Raiders. The rest they've lost.

So if the Patriots are a joke what does that make the Niners? If the Niners make the playoffs it will be on the strength of a easy schedule, 4 games against the Seahawks and Cardinals and 3 more against the kittens of the NFC East.

I think the Pats are 2-5 against teams with a .500 Record and 5-0 against teams with a under .500 Record.

Niners are 2-4 against teams with a .500 or greater record and
5-0 against teams with a under .500 Record.

Now, if you showed anyone the stats from either of those teams without telling them who the teams are they'd say both have decent records but aren't dominant and will have trouble in the playoffs. Funny thing, you think if the Niners had to play the Bills, Jets and Dolphins 6 times a year they'd do as well? Last year they feasted on a weak division and they're doing the same this year, every year the Patriots play a incredibly tough division, last year they won that division. They were probably the luckiest team in the history of the NFL, every break they needed went their way and they took advantage of it.

So if the Pats are that bad then so are the Niners.

jjwr
Nov 30th, 2002, 11:08:33 AM
Almost Forgot

Sunday, Early

Pittsburgh(W) vs Jacksonville
Miami(W) vs Buffalo
Baltimore(W) vs Cincinnati
Chicago vs Green Bay (W)
Arizona vs Kansas City(W)
Atlanta vs Minnesota (W)
Tennessee(W) vs NY Giants

Sunday, Late

Houston vs Indianapolis(W)
Denver vs San Diego (W)
Seattle vs San Francisco (W)
St. Louis(W) vs Philadelphia

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay(W) vs New Orleans

Monday Night

NY Jets vs Oakland(W)

ReaperFett
Nov 30th, 2002, 11:12:47 AM
Pittsburgh
Miami
Baltimore
Cleveland
Green Bay
Kansas City
Atlanta
NY Giants
Indianapolis
Denver
San Francisco
St. Louis
Tampa Bay
NY Jets

sirdizzy
Nov 30th, 2002, 12:44:29 PM
look at the afc west then or the nfc south those are tough as hell divisions and they have all got 3 teams with at leats a 7-4 record

i think tough divisions set ya up for the playoffs because you have had to be playing highly competive games instead of games against weak team

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:18:08 PM
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Baltimore
Cleveland
Green Bay
Kansas City
Atlanta
Tennessee

Sunday, Late

Indianapolis
Denver
San Francisco
Philadelphia

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay

Monday Night

Oakland

Jedieb
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:45:30 PM
Bottom line, the Niners will not be getting to the Superbowl. Even though they're weaker than they were last year, the Pats have a better chance of making it to the Superbowl than the Niners. How the hell do you get whacked by an Eagles team led by Detmer? Not a dominant team by any standards.

Figrin D'an
Dec 1st, 2002, 02:16:10 AM
Sunday, Early

Miami vs Buffalo (W)
Baltimore (W) vs Cincinnati
Chicago vs Green Bay (W)
Atlanta (W) vs Minnesota
Tennessee (W) vs NY Giants

Sunday, Late

Houston vs Indianapolis (W)
Denver (W) vs San Diego
St. Louis vs Philadelphia (W)

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay vs New Orleans (W)

Monday Night

NY Jets vs Oakland (W)

Ishan Shade
Dec 1st, 2002, 12:04:26 PM
i missed the thanksgiving picks, as i was away :(

Sunday, Early

Miami (W) vs Buffalo
Baltimore (W) vs Cincinnati
Chicago vs Green Bay (W)
Atlanta (W) vs Minnesota
Tennessee vs NY Giants (W)

Sunday, Late

Houston vs Indianapolis (W)
Denver (W) vs San Diego
St. Louis (W) vs Philadelphia

Sunday Night

Tampa Bay (W) vs New Orleans

Monday Night

NY Jets vs Oakland (W)

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:18:35 PM
Looks like the Giants are well on their way to screwing me again!!!! With only 14 seconds left and an 8 point lead I figured that they may come up with a win for me this time...but no...overtime. :mad

jjwr
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:32:35 PM
Giants vs Titans....on one hand I wanted the Giants to win so it would help the Pats playoff chances on the other I picked the Titans...who to pick!! :)

Sadly I did have the Bills picked Originally but changed it....d'oh!

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:33:48 PM
Meltdown complete. Thanks alot Giants. What a bunch of losers.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:48:51 PM
The Giants stink how could they blow that lead. And look at Atlanta that was some run by Vick. My Chiefs finally played a completely game shuting out the Cards 49-0 they are still alive but need to win there last 4 IMO to do it. 9-7 may not get them in.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:52:11 PM
You know, for about one second last week I was thinking taking the Cards in an upset. Boy am I glad I didn't.

A question:
1- Do we have any rules preventing people from picking the games they want to pick? Or if someone wanted to pick just 8 games a week, but be pretty sure of going 8-0, could they do that?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 1st, 2002, 03:59:42 PM
Yeah the Chiefs are very unpredictable, they have the best offense in the game but their defense has been awful at times, though today Holmes out gained the Cards 159-122, that shows how bad the Cardinals are right now.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 04:01:42 PM
It must really suck to be them too. They started out so well at 4-2.
Big surprise, Vick did it again....

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 1st, 2002, 04:01:53 PM
About picking games I am not sure, if one could do that though really we didn't have many rules to begin with.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 1st, 2002, 04:04:45 PM
Yeah the Cards looked like a playoff contender now they will be lucky to win a game the rest of year.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 04:34:20 PM
I figured with the Rams season on the line, Warner needing to prove something and the Eagles on their 3rd string QB that the Rams would come out flying, instead they look awful. And Bulger is still their 3rd string QB...

Figrin D'an
Dec 1st, 2002, 04:35:08 PM
Originally posted by JMK
A question:
1- Do we have any rules preventing people from picking the games they want to pick? Or if someone wanted to pick just 8 games a week, but be pretty sure of going 8-0, could they do that?

That is something that actually has never been discussed, to my knowledge. IMO, that type of thing should not be allowed, simply because we are in a contained pool. It's not like betting on games via the Las Vegas line, because in that case, you are just picking for/against the oddsmakers, not against other gamblers. Now, this week, there are a few people that missed picking the Thursday games... this is understandable as the notice was short. However on any normal weekend, selecting a group of games out of the larger number, simply to avoid the losses of the "close" games, is not really fair to those that pick all of the games every week.

Bascially, there are two "groupings" in our pool. Those that have picked every game since the beginning of the season, and those that have missed games or joined late. In this way, we could have two winners at the end of the season... a total season winner, and an overall percentage winnner.

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2002, 04:47:16 PM
I've got no problem with giving someone a token nod at the end of the season for having the highest winning percentage, but everyone should have to make picks on all the games for the week. This weekend is an exception because it's understandable for someone to miss the Turkey Day games, but just picking and choosing games is for Vegas, not a pool.

Go TITANS! Big game for me and something to cheer me up after that Dolphin game. I'm now 0-5 with the fins over the last 5 weeks. Curse you Lucas!! Good grief, the Bills got every break imaginable. Tipped balls that go in for TD's. Dropped INT's. Worst of all, Williams runs for over 200 yards and they still lose! There's no way you should lose a game in which you run the ball that well. Even if you take away his two long TD runs (which you shouldn't, he earned them) Williams would have had over 100 yards.

Now the Eagles are taking it to the Rams, 10-0. But the Rams are in scoring range with a minute left before the half. Warner has problems with his hand and he's making mental mistakes.

Mike Vick is making a strong case for the league's MVP award. If he leads this Falcon team to the playoffs he's probably going to get the award. That last run of his was unbelievable. The guy has the best game speed I've ever seen. When he did these kinds of things at Tech I thought he have some trouble replicating it in the NFL because of the speed of the league. But he still looks like the fastest guy on the field. They may not win it all, but the Falcons are going to do some damage this year.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 05:01:24 PM
Vick is just amazing. He'd definetly get my vote as MVP at this point. He just brings it every week and as a result his team is 7-0-1 in their last 8 games.

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:25:35 PM
The Rams are simply a shell of their former selves. Their defense held the Eagles to 3 points, forced multiple turnovers, and they STILL lost! They're now out of the playoff race and can do nothing more than play a bit of a spoiler down the road. The Eagles have probably wrapped up their division. The G-Men aren't going to catch them. I'm pretty impressed with how Philly has stepped up the last 2 weeks. I don't think they can go all the way without McNabb, but they've got a good shot at getting back to the conference title game. McNabb should be back by the start of the playoffs so they may be able to make a run after all. I know the Bucs aren't too crazy to play them again.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:34:25 PM
I'm so glad the useless Giants were not able to grab the division from the Eagles. They don't even deserve to have had a chance at it!
So what do the Rams have left to play for? Hope that Warner bounces back, or showcase Bulger some more? They've just got nothing going for them anymore.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:40:26 PM
Are you kidding me? The onside kick pays off? Are the Niners going to blow this one too? They had the Seahawks down 17-3 and now they're fighting for their lives....wait! Interception! YAY!

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:43:23 PM
Denver and SD are still going at it in OT. Denver's going to have to punt. I think SD is going to pull it out, but the game isn't over yet.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:46:10 PM
Please pull it off Chargers!!! Please!!!!!

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:02:37 PM
It looks like SD is going to win this game. They're setting up for a chip shot FG. Another close loss for Denver. This team has got to be wondering if they're ever going to pull one of these close, tough games out.

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:06:39 PM
How many games did you make up JMK?

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:06:55 PM
Steve Christie! Hero of the Day! :D

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:14:39 PM
Tonight's game should be AWESOME! The Bucs have the Falcons breathing down their necks and they're itching to pay back NO for their early season loss. This is another test the Bucs have to pass if they're going to grab home field advantage.

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:45:41 PM
Playoff picture:
NFC
GB (Division winner)
SF (Probable division winner)
Philly (Probable division winner)
Tampa (Tight division race)
Atlanta (Tight division race)
Saints (Tight division race)

Giants (Only other NFC team that DOESN'T have a losing record at 6-6)

Those six teams are probably going to be in the playoffs. The only question left is what order they're going to be seated. The AFC is a nightmare:

AFC
Bungles
Jacksonville
Houston

Every other team in the AFC still has a shot at making the playoffs. It's freaking unbelievable. It's as if the conference has been brutalzing itself all season long. No team has been able to pull away. If Oakland wins tomorrow night they'll join the Colts and Chargers as the only teams in the AFC with 8 wins. Even those teams with 8 wins aren't guaranteed of a spot because a late season collapse by any of them and they probably wont make the playoffs. Teams will be sweating it out until the last week of the season.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:57:27 PM
The NFL, MNF, Fox, CBS and ESPN must LOVE this. Plenty of drama and plenty of angles to give them games.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:56:14 PM
I think its awesome for the league and gives hope for my team. What do you guys think will happen with the KC-Stl game now? I originally thought it would be barnburner but know I have no clue, if the Rams play that flat they will get killed. I know Green and Vermil wants to win that game, but at the same time I am sure the Rams might want to keep them out of the playoffs. But do they have anything to give?

About the AFC look at the AFC west if the Jets win monday night there will be a 3 way tie for first place with the Bills, one game back. In the AFC West the Chiefs could still win that Division becuase the teams all start to play each other, now that Denver lost to SD, if Oakland beats SD, and Denver beats Oakland and KC Sweeps them, KC might make it because of tie breakers (if they beat the Rams) This how wild it is. No team is safe in the AFC as you said Jedieb, its crazy.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 10:57:24 PM
First down Saints! Game Oooooooooover!!!!

Figrin D'an
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:10:01 PM
Looks like JMK and myself were the only ones that gave the Saints a chance to win that game. :)

The Curse of the #1 Power Ranking strikes again!

Ishan Shade
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:10:23 PM
I can say one thing....Michael Vick is insanely talented.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:13:34 PM
I just hope he doesn't get himself killed out there. The Falcons will die if he ever goes down...173 yards rushing today alone. That's sick.

I can't believe the Dolphins lost despite Ricky's staggering performance. Now they're really in deep trouble. :(

Figrin D'an
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:14:55 PM
Week 13 Results (minus Jets/Raiders):

Blade Ice: 10-5
Taylor Millard: 12-3
JonathanLB: 9-6
Lady Daiquiri: 7-8
Jedieb: 9-6
Jedi Master Carr: 13-2
sirdizzy: 9-6
Lilaena De'Ville: 11-4
Figrin D'an: 12-3
ReaperFett: 9-6
JMK: 10-5
Sene Unty: 9-6
Darth Snack: 12-3
jjwr: 10-5
Ishan Shade: 7-6

Updated season totals to come after MNF.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:17:34 PM
I gained a game on everyone ahead of me this week except for JMC (who also took the Saints).

So it was just 3 of us that took them to beat the Bucs. High Fives all around! ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:21:38 PM
woohoo lookit me bounce back!

Or...something. ;)

Figrin D'an
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:30:09 PM
For once, I won virtually every close game in a given week. I was wrong (albeit quite gladly) about Denver/San Diego, and I need to learn to never bet against Dallas on Thanksgiving... beyond that, it's been a pretty good week.

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:39:36 PM
All things considered I had about as good a week as I can ask for. A few lucky breaks and I could have had 13 or 14 wins. Jacksonville got down too early, Cleveland managed a field goal in each half, and still only lost by a TD, the Giants...well....even when it looks like they'll win one for me, they blow it. The Dolphins got their heads handed to them and the Rams played well on defense, but Warner is really lost these days.

Figrin D'an
Dec 1st, 2002, 11:52:08 PM
There is something very wrong with Kurt Warner. He was extremely gun-shy today against the Eagles, and his accuracy was off. It didn't help that the Rams receivers dropped the passes that were catchable, but still... the Rams are going to struggle to win any more games this season, especially if Faulk cannot get healthy. Warner needs the offseason to heal properly, because he isn't playing like he's back from his thumb and rib injuries.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:08:19 AM
Warner's hand is totally sore. He probably wanted his job back before Bulger pulled a Brady and made him expendable. Mind you nothing has worked out for the Rams, except discovering that they have a more than competent 3rd string QB. :rolleyes

Figrin D'an
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:26:41 AM
Even if Warner had remained out and Bulger had continued to play well, I'm not sure it would have evolved into a Bledsoe/Brady situation, simply because Warner has been the league's MVP two of the last three seasons and has led to the Rams to two Super Bowls. Bledsoe, while a very very good QB, didn't have those kind of accomplishments on his resume (the Pats Super Bowl run in '96 was too distant a factor). And, of course, Brady leading the Pats to the Super Bowl victory was a huge factor in the decision as well. Warner has far too large a contract for the Rams to try to move him anyway. Bulger will go to a team that needs a starting QB, and Warner will be the starter next season. They'll just have the suffer through the last 4 weeks of this season and try to regroup for next year.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:35:35 AM
I think you're right Figrin, but it's tough to try and figure out what on earth happened to him this year, even before his hand injury. They did lose that offensive co-ordinator or something, but still...they were the leagues best team this time last year and a few months later they were the worst. Warner has not won a game since the NFC title game last season! :huh

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:07:36 AM
I had a heck of a week, I guess I am in first place although who knows how long that will last. I had a feeling the Saints would win, partly because everybody had gotten on the Buc bandwagon and the way it has been going when that happens that team (Miami, Philadelphia, GB) seem to lose. As far as the Rams have no idea what to expect from them. I am leaning to the Chiefs beating them next sunday but knowing the Chiefs defense, I have no clue what to expect, hopefully they will play like they did today, thought that was against the happless Cardinals.

Figrin D'an
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:13:04 AM
I know... it makes little sense. It just seems to have been a series of things that have snowballed on them this year. First, it was the questionable playcalling by Martz and the starters seemed out of sync from so little playing time together in the pre-season. Then Faulk got hurt, so they struggled even more. Then Warner got hurt. Then, Bulger played so well and won games that it caused a quarterback controversy. Then Faulk got hurt again. Now Warner comes back and plays very poorly in two losses that effecively kill all hope of a playoff berth.

The whole league is screwy this year... the only constants seem to be that no team is invulnerable, and that the Bengals still suck.

Jedieb
Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:22:57 AM
I really think the Rams may fall into a freefall now. I just don't see them getting pumped up enough to play spoiler now that they're out of the playoff picture. I think both KC and SF may hand them brutal beatings on down the road.

I never should have bet against my Cowboys. The Titans saved me from a horrid week. Still, I have a shot at gaining a game on a few people if Oakland wins tonight. Tonight should be pretty close. I'm interested in seeing just how good these revitalized Jets are. They were a laughing stock early on and now they're back in the playoff hunt.

Ishan Shade
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:08:10 PM
Chad Pennington is a good solid QB. I'm glad he's finally getting his chance to play, he's risen to the next level...the Jets can bank on him.

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:21:09 PM
7th out of 15 isnt bad :)

JonathanLB
Dec 2nd, 2002, 03:52:24 PM
My god, lol, the Bungles found another way to snatch defeat from the hands of victory. Those LOSERS!!!!!!!! My lord, worst team ever.

Although that Arizona game, LOL, wtf? Talk about not even bothering to suit up. You couldn't do any worse than that. I don't think in the entire history of the NFL there have been many blowouts that bad. When one team doesn't score, and another scores 49 points, that only could have happened a few (5-10) times before I would imagine. I have seen ones like 63-7 or something, sure, but in the NFL 0 points versus 49... is unthinkable.

Jedieb
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:32:04 PM
Warner has a hairline fracture in his passing hand and he's out for another 3 weeks. Martz made Warner get an Xray on his hand and the fracture was found. It gets worse, Bulger may not even be ready to start and they'll have to go with Jamie Martin. This season is just a total wash. They'd actually be best served to get Martin and Bulger some more playing time and then regroup for next year. The worse their record the easier their 03 schedule will be, the better their draft picks, etc...

The curse of the power rankings has struck again! Now, will it strike next week when the Falcons face off against the Bucs? Or do the Bucs have to go through the required multi game losing streak before they win another game? GB set the minimum at 2 games and it looks like the Raiders set the max at 4. I think I may be going with Vick and the boys next week, even though they're on the road and on grass.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:31:19 PM
I can't wait for that game. I think I may go out looking for a satellite just to catch that game. What a barnburner its going to be!

Could ANYTHING else go wrong for the Rams? At least they'll have an excuse as to what happened this year.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:29:34 PM
It does get worse their best offensive lineman got hurt Orlando Pace he will be out three weeks. Man it looks like the Chiefs will kill them they are completely undermand and I now the Chiefs, especially Green and Vermiel will be wanting to play them. If Bulger was able to play I give them a chance, but Martin looked horrible the game he started earlier this year and I am not convinced that Faulk is healthy either.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:50:38 PM
Talk about a reversal of fortunes!

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:06:38 PM
Yeah they are probably going to go 5-11 or 6-10 what a drop for a team that went to the Super Bowl.

Jedieb
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:13:51 PM
Both teams looked solid tonight but the Raiders made the most of the game's one big turnover. More importantly, JMC didn't get to pull away too far ahead. ;)

With Pace gone as well you have to think the Rams are going to be underdogs for most of their remaining games. Next week should be pretty intense, especially for AFC teams.

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:17:25 PM
This is the best week I've had in a long time! I don't think I made up much ground though. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:21:10 PM
Yeah that was good for you all there :p Have no clue if I can hold on though, lately its been a revolving Chair much like with the top team in the NFL.

Figrin D'an
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:25:47 PM
Week 13 Results:

Blade Ice: 11-5
Taylor Millard: 12-4
JonathanLB: 10-6
Lady Daiquiri: 8-8
Jedieb: 10-6
Jedi Master Carr: 13-3
sirdizzy: 9-7
Lilaena De'Ville: 12-4
Figrin D'an: 13-3
ReaperFett: 9-7
JMK: 11-5
Sene Unty: 10-6
Darth Snack: 13-3
jjwr: 11-5
Ishan Shade: 8-6

Updated Season Totals:

Jedi Master Carr: 119-73
Jedieb: 117-75
jjwr: 117-75
ReaperFett: 117-75
JMK: 115-77
Sene Unty: 115-77
sirdizzy: 114-78
Darth Snack: 112-80
Figrin D'an: 110-82
JonathanLB: 106-86
dbn: 97-79
Lilaena De'Ville: 88-58
Lady Daiquiri: 85-79
Taylor Millard: 74-60
Ishan Shade: 29-18
Blade Ice: 18-14

JonathanLB
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:28:16 PM
I'm not doing too bad really, it looks like if I just had two good weeks at the start of the season I'd have been right in the middle of things. I have done much better after the rough start though, this is a good week. Last week was not so good...

JMK
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:32:24 PM
What's better? Moving up from 7th to 5th or going from 3 games out to 4?

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:03:00 AM
I have got to stop listening to my Dad and nephews!! :grumble

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:07:37 AM
Don't bother asking anyone for advice. These days you'll do just as well as to go with your gut.

JonathanLB
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:46:54 AM
What if your gut is rapidly moving outwards and downwards though?!

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:04:05 AM
Lay off the twinkies?

JonathanLB
Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:16:57 AM
Amen. :)

Nah that is not for me, I weigh too little. I wonder if it is normal to fluctuate in weight by about 6-7 pounds pretty much all of the time?

I seem to go from about 133 pounds to about 140, still very skinny no matter where it is, but I think 135 is way too little, 140 is about right. Sometimes I weigh myself and it's like 137, other times 139, then sometimes 135, it just depends on the day. Fluctuates a lot seemingly.

Sene Unty
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:35:57 AM
ehhh. Now I'm tied for third. Oh well. I would seriously just love for the Dolphins to win and lose out every pick I make. I wouldn't mind going 1-15 as long as the one win is the Dolphins. I can't believe they lost to the Bills with Ricky Williams going for 228 yards.....

In the immortal words of Jay Fiedler:

"WHAT A WASTE!"

sirdizzy
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:06:04 AM
its the second most rushing yards by a back in a loss

oj simpson rushed for 278 in a loss

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:32:14 AM
I agree Sene, there's no way they should have lost that game, not with Ricky running wild like that. It's very disheartening. Now they're going to have to basically run the table.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:55:28 AM
*waves a Bills banner*

jjwr
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:05:03 PM
The AFC East should get very interesting, if the Patriots win their last 4 games then they win the AFC East, I also think the same could be said for the Dolphins. Then again both could lose 2 out of the next 3 and go into the last game of the season and need the win just to tie the Bills or Jets for 1st if they stay hot.

2 Games out with 4 weeks to go....here I come!

Master Yoghurt
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:19:06 PM
You know, I'd love to play, but I dont know anything about NFL

Me ===> :huh

Figrin D'an
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:27:53 PM
This year, Yog, you don't need to know anything... parity reigns across the league, and no favorite is safe... :lol

Master Yoghurt
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:31:56 PM
Sounds good to me :lol

Where can I read the rules? Is it difficult to play? :)

Figrin D'an
Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:54:00 PM
Nah, it's easy. Every Wednesday or Thursday, a thread is started named "NFL Week xx", and all the games for that weekend are listed. People post their picks for the winners by the kickoff of the first game (usually Sunday about noon EST), and then everything is calculated once all the games have been played. The weeks results and the updated season totals are posted once all the games are finished.

We'll could have two winners in the end. One for the overall wins leader (those who have picked every game since the beginning of the season), and a winning percentage leader, which includes everyone, even those that have joined late.

That's pretty much it. Any questions, just ask. :)

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:25:28 PM
I'm already torturing myself over the Bucs and Falcons. I'm a Bucs fan, but I'm also a big fan of Vick. Even without all of that, the game is so tough to pick. Even with last week, these two teams have been two of the hottest in the league over the last couple of months. The Falcons could have easily lost last week or a few weeks ago against the Steelers. So they've both been close to the edge. I'm leaning towards the Bucs because of the home field advantage and the grass. There's another player the Falcons have besides Vick that could have a big game, Warrick Dunn. You know he's going to want to do something special against his former team. He was a fan favorite in Tampa, they'll be plenty of people cheering for him in Tampa. He was very involved in that community and fans hated to see him go to Atlanta. I just can't decide who to pick.......

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:45:22 PM
I don't know what to do either. But you can be sure that the Bucs are going to fine tune that defense to stop Vick at all costs. Simeon Rice and Warren Sapp are going to be salivating to get their hands on him! How many more huge games can Vick have before they lose one? I may be leaning towards the Bucs just based on that, but the Falcons have surprised everyone and may have another one waiting for the Bucs...

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:16:49 PM
Here's something else to ponder, the Falcons have the #5 defense in the league in points allowed. That team is deeper than Vick. Even if they don't win out, they're going to make it to the playoffs and they could end up in San Diego. They kind of remind me of the Pats last year.

JMK
Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:37:45 PM
And Vick is only 23 and in his second year. They look like a reckless team that just flat out wins. Falcon fans must be rejoicing these days. Remember how bad they were a few years ago under Chandler? Those days seem long gone...

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 4th, 2002, 01:13:08 AM
Jonathan, my weight fluctuates like that. But then, I'm female. :huh I dunno if that has anything to do with MY ups and downs. Probably doesn't with you, as you aren't. Female, that is. But we weigh about the same. :D

Sene Unty
Dec 4th, 2002, 08:41:40 AM
My advide to Yog:

Just close your eyes and point at the screen....you'll probably do great! :D

JonathanLB
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:16:08 PM
I see what you mean, LD. Perhaps it is just because sometimes I have just eaten, other times maybe I've not eaten in a while, and I don't know, just general stuff like that.

It's not that drastic, I mean the last time I weighed 133 was actually after returning from LMU and I never got enough to eat there. I normally am between 135 and 140 now, and was at 140 when I left for OSU, but I think I probably don't eat as much down at college because I work hard and forget to eat honestly.

It's not that I forget to eat at all, just that it's not as convenient to eat so I don't eat quite as much.

Anyway, my meals are pretty healthy I think, but I snack a lot, hehe. What else can you do as a college student? I always have Subway for lunch, though, 12-inch turkey is about as healthy as you can get really. You got your meet, so your protein, and you have vegetables and I get wheat bread, healthier than white, and there are only a few grams of fat compared to like 40 in a Big Mac or something (eww the idea of 10 times as much fat grosses me out even though I don't have to care about that sorta thing yet).

Back to football. This Vick, he is good :) I thought he might be able to make something of himself. I watched him in college. It's always great to watch these guys in the NFL after you've seen them play in college, I think. That's why I am a fan of BOTH college football and the NFL. To me, the NFL just seems the natural continuation of my love of college football too.