PDA

View Full Version : Reflections on the meaning of Sith (NEED TWO JEDI/DARK JEDI 12/8/02)

SashaKovalev
Nov 26th, 2002, 01:28:17 PM
The Cloud City on Bespin. Sasha had never been there before, nor had Sith Master Malice Draclau. And after a rather lengthy discussion back at the Sith Order palace on Corellia that had evoked the question of what, exactly, was a true Sith, the master had suggested that the two of them go on a journey to discover this.

Sasha had agreed, for as always, he was up for any sort of lesson. For some time now, he had been the one teaching others, and was actually quite content to settle back in, for a while, being the one to learn. Juggling three apprentices had been more than he'd ever really intended to do, but there were apprentices who needed training, and having been knighted, it had become a responsibility.

The trip there had been rather quiet, both members of the order lost in their own thoughts. Sasha, as he often did, had been caught up in reading a rather interesting book that Malice had brought along for him.

After the shuttle landed, the two Sith disembarked, and thus began their quest for the understanding of what, exactly, a true Sith was.

As they began the walk through the spaceport, Sasha turned to Malice.

“Master Draclau, why is it you’ve never been to Cloud City before?” He asked.

Malice Draclau
Nov 27th, 2002, 02:33:53 AM
The trip from Corellia to Bespin had indeed been a silent one. Malice watching as Sasha quickly dived into the book of sith sorcery Malice had given to him. It was the same book that had gotten Malice started on it. As they entered the hanger bay and departed, Malice looked around at all the different species around them.

“Master Draclau, why is it you’ve never been to Cloud City before?”

Malice heard the question asked him. Being called master Draclau sounded funny to him. As he had been a sith master for a few months now, something he still had to get used to.

*I don't know Sasha. Maybe because nothing has ever drawn me here. Every place i went, i had a reason to go there. Either that or something in the force told me to go there. Cloud City however, was never one of those places*

Stoping Sasha, Malice looked at him with a smirk on his face.

*And if you don't mind, do not call me Master Draclau. Malice is fine, seeing as we are not here on any offical business, just a trip for self discovery*

Malice did not make the request with any anger in his voice, for it was in a normal tone. The two continued walking, exiting the hanger bay and finally making it into the city. the tall buidings surrounding them where everywhere. It was amazing how such a city with so many buildings could stay a float. Malice motioned for them to head on towards the market section, as many things usually happened there.

*So Sasha, what is it exactly you wish for us to find?*
He aske, curiosity getting the better of him.

SashaKovalev
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:44:21 AM
I don't know Sasha. Maybe because nothing has ever drawn me here. Every place i went, i had a reason to go there. Either that or something in the force told me to go there. Cloud City however, was never one of those places. And if you don't mind, do not call me Master Draclau. Malice is fine, seeing as we are not here on any official business, just a trip for self discovery

Amusement made itself known in those violet eyes of his as he looked to Malice. He’d been about to tease the master, asking him if the title made him feel too old, but decided better of it.

Instead he’d merely nodded.

“As you wish.” As they began to walk towards the market place, Sasha pulled his blaster from its holster for a moment. It was a newer blaster, stolen on the encounter with the desert thieves and the jedi. He’d lost his when he’d been taken prisoner, and to a degree mourned the loss of a blaster he’d had for the past 10 years of his life – until he’d had some experience with the stolen one. This one was a newer model, and though he tended to use a blaster only on occasion, for he leaned on the force more than firepower, he appreciated all of the advancements that had been made in weaponry. He’d had it set on safety for the trip, and now he set it to standby. One never knew what lay ahead, and he preferred to be prepared.

As he shoved it back into its holster, Malice asked a question of him.

So Sasha, what is it exactly you wish for us to find?

A thoughtful expression appeared on the young knights face.

“Ive been thinking about this since you suggested the trip….” He began, “And I think, mostly, Im looking to find peace between my own personal code of honor, and what the Sith code calls for.”

He shrugged.

“I believe that I am, truly, a Sith, despite the fact that some of my opinions might differ from the set characteristics. I want to reconcile the definition of Sith with the opinions of the galaxy, my own opinions, and those of a Sith master.”

His expression darkened momentarily as a rather rude passerby bumped shoulders with him in her rush to get somewhere. He turned to stare at her blond ponytail as it bobbed to and fro while she hustled off.

And then he turned back to Malice.

“And you…?” He asked.

Malice Draclau
Nov 27th, 2002, 02:57:58 PM
Malice sensed the tention Sasha had when the woman hit him. A little bit surprised when he had not lashed out, like he himself would have. Upon hearing what Sasha wanted out of this trip, Malice was asked the same question. Sarcastically he answered.

*Well i heard this place had some of the best drinks in the galaxy. I want to try them*

With a sly grin he continued. A more serious tone this time.

*To tell you the truth i do not know. What comes out of this trip will be found soon enough. To me finding what being a sith truely meant was never a problem. I knew I was destined to join the darkside in the ever endless battle of good vs. evil, that was no question. The sith code however, truth be told i never paid attention to it. I made my own evil fun and found other methods of serving the darkside without having to fully follow the code*

As they entered the market section, Malice began to window shop. Looking for nothing in particular, he just went from store window to store window, seeing what this city had to offer.

*I was never one to let a code run my life. But as i have grown to learn, what The Sith Order commands of me i shall do*

This time, an older man had bumped into Malice. Without so much as a displeased expression on his face, Malice quickly reached out with the force. The man found himself falling fast and hard. Hitting the concrete his nose broke with ease, from his mouth a couple teeth popped out as well.Turning his head to see what had happened, Malice put an innocent look on.

*Hmm, wonder what happened to the old fellow. Honestly, people really should watch their step*

Loking forward again, a small grin of pleasure appeared on his face before fading to the blank expression it once was. Without Sasha knowing it, this city would soon burst with chaos and death. In the middle of this chaos, they would find Malice.

SashaKovalev
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:00:18 PM
Sasha knew exactly what had happened to the old fellow. He did not judge whether Malice had been right or wrong, but rather he considered why he would or would not have reacted in the same manner.

Part of it was the way he had been raised, and part of it, he knew, came from his blood. And mostly, it depended on his mood. He had a terrible temper when it served him to have one, and if triggered, his reactions would come purely from emotion. Without this trigger, his actions were better thought out, more calculated. It was one extreme to the other, and something he wanted to understand better about himself.

"I thought you'd already found the best drink in the galaxy..." He replied, changing the subject. He was, of course, referring to the firey liquid that Malice seemed to much to enjoy.

As they walked, he could feel the darkness in Malice. It seemed to emanate from him, and perhaps, to a degree, it rubbed off on Sasha. He could feel the lust for the adrenaline rush that the use of the darkside brought. And though it was not a lust for blood, the rush of the feeling brought by power over another was there. And it would be satiated before the evening came to a close.

"What was it that drew you to the darkside?" He asked as they paused at the window of one of the stores, Sasha peering in at the miniature models of the latest ships. He still did not have one of his own, though soon, he hoped, he would have enough saved to buy one.

Malice Draclau
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:16:07 AM
As the two walked, Malice was observing Sasha. Even though it wasn't noticable, Malice constantly observed those around him, wether it be through the force or with his own eyes. As they stopped at a store window, Malice waited on answering his question.....watching Sasha gaze at the mini model ships.

*What drew me to the darkside is what drew many, revenge. As i have told you before, when we first met that jedi's killed my family and destroyed my world. I know not the name of it, for I was too young when it happened. But ever since I lost everything, the force called to me. It told me to seek revenge, to attaine power so great that i could honor my families deaths*

Malice stopped in his explanation of his history to gaze at a few model ships himself. His lambda shuttle back at TSO was getting old, and he wouldn't mind having a new personal ship. Maybe even a star destroyer, just for fun of course. Looking back at Sasha, Malice continued.

*When i first started out, found that i was a natural with the darkside. Anger, hate, all that cam easily to me, as i had a lot to be angry about......*

A long sigh came after, as a thought came to his head.

*Though i must say that over the years, my ideals and ambitions have changed. I never did get the revenge i wanted, instead i was enjoying the power the darkside gave me and thirsted for more. I figuered with this power, i could make other's suffer the way i did. I cold hurt the ones closest to the jedi........making them feel how i felt when my world was stolen from me*

The store window rattled as the anger and darkside withi Malice built. It wanted to be released, explode unto those around him. But, the sith master managed to calm himself, putting on a more relaxed face he nudged Sasha playfully with his elbow.

*You know, you just have TSO build you a ship......you don't have to buy one. That's a benefit for being with a powerful group*

Malice admitted to reading his mind for a few seconds. From time to time he did that to others, just for the sake of knowing what they were thinking.

SashaKovalev
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:47:44 AM
What drew me to the darkside is what drew many, revenge. As i have told you before, when we first met that jedi's killed my family and destroyed my world. I know not the name of it, for I was too young when it happened. But ever since I lost everything, the force called to me. It told me to seek revenge, to attaine power so great that i could honor my families deaths

Sasha remembered this well. It was rare that he would forget details, for most of the things he asked of someone, he asked for a reason, and like any other piece of knowledge, he filed it away.

When i first started out, found that i was a natural with the darkside. Anger, hate, all that cam easily to me, as i had a lot to be angry about….Though i must say that over the years, my ideals and ambitions have changed. I never did get the revenge i wanted, instead i was enjoying the power the darkside gave me and thirsted for more. I figuered with this power, i could make other's suffer the way i did. I cold hurt the ones closest to the jedi........making them feel how i felt when my world was stolen from me

Sasha had turned to look at Malice as he said this. It sounded much like himself – the lust for revenge, and then the thirst for power that was created by it. At times, it threatened to consume him.

He knew as the store window began to rattle that it was with the anger and darkside within Malice. But then the master shrugged it off and nudged the young knight playfully with his elbow. Sasha understood that the topic was no longer open for discussion.

You know, you just have TSO build you a ship......you don't have to buy one. That's a benefit for being with a powerful group

At this Sasha managed a grin.

“I know….” He replied.

“But theres just something about buying your own….” He added, a wistful tone in his voice. He wanted to be able to consider himself independent and able to get on in the galaxy on his own if he needed.

“How did you get your ship?” He asked as they both turned away from the window, intent on carrying on.

“Hey watch it!” A kid about Sasha’s age retorted as the two came face to face. The streets were crowded, and in turning away from the window to join the throngs of people, the two had collided.

Whether it was a reflection of the anger he’d witnessed in the master beside him, or whether it was energy pent up he didn’t know. He didn’t care. Forgotten was the lesson from Wargrave, the dark jedi, on using his brain and not his emotions. With the help of the force, he gave the kid a shove. He fell against the glass window, and it shattered loudly.

“Watch yourself…” He grumbled under his breath. He sent a half apologetic look to Malice, for he had not intended to cause quite the scene that had been caused.

Malice Draclau
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:51:13 PM
Before Malice could answer Sasha's question, a boy flew past him and right through the window. He instantly felt the force being used to do such a thing. As other's began to stare at the two, Malice merely motioned for Sasha to move on.

*Very good, a bit much, but good none the less*

He motioned towards what had happened to the kid. The two walked for a moment in silence, waiting for the gazes and looks to move from them and on to something else. When it had, they stopped at yet another store window, this one selling various blasters and other weapons.

*I had gotten my lambda shuttle years ago, before ever coming to the order. I managed to kill one of the jedi that had attacked my planet. Hiding on his shuttle, killing him, then taking the shuttle as my own. How i got to TSO after that was a mystery to me. All I remember was falling asleep on shuttle, then waking up each time on a different planet till i landed on Corellia*

He looked at Sasha.

*How did you find TSO? Surly we do not have a tour guide running around the galaxy looking for people to come join*

SashaKovalev
Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:34:31 PM
Very good, a bit much, but good none the less.

He felt his cheeks flush slightly. He had lost his temper, and with it ha had lost his control. This as something he needed to work on. A master did not lose control. The actions of a master were deliberate, a controlled loss of control, perhaps.

At this store window, Sasha also appeared to be intrigued. He remembered the first blaster he’d ever purchased. He’d saved for a very long time to be able to purchase it, and while even when he bought it, it had been used and outdated, it had been, to him, the best thing he’d ever owned.

The blaster he now carried, he had not bought. He had taken it from on of the thieves on Tatooine that had ambushed he and the jedi. He liked it well enough, and for a force user, there really wasn’t any point, he thought, in spending hard earned credits on something he didn’t need.

Yet, he did wonder what it would feel like to fire some of them.

How did you find TSO? Surly we do not have a tour guide running around the galaxy looking for people to come join

He laughed at this.

“No, we certainly don’t.” He replied, thinking of how odd that would be, and who at the order right now would fit the bill. Tour guides were…friendly. Overly friendly. And bubbly. And no one at the order was….any of those things.

“Im from an imperial run planet, so we’ve always been aware of the Sith” He replied with a shrug. “But I heard about the order through one of my jobs.” He began.

“My last year of high school, my mother got really sick. So I dropped out of school to get a job so I could pay her medical pills. I was doing carpentry work at the registry and overheard a conversation. Some guy was annoyed because he couldt get his ship registered, and made some sort of comment to the guy in line behind him about within he could use the force. The guy behind him replied that where he was from, people didn’t joke about that sort of thing, and they got into the discussion about Coronet, and the tenuous balance the citizens there have with the Sith Order.”

He sighed softly.

“The right place at the right time, I guess.” He stated, believing that it had been fate that had caused the series of events. Fate had known his mother would pass away, and fate had given him the tools he needed to move on with his life.

“You carry a blaster?” He asked, changing the subject as he noticed one weapon in particular that caught his eye.

Malice Draclau
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:08:29 PM
Malice listened to his story, scoffing on hearing the word fate. He had stopped believing in fate a long time ago.

“You carry a blaster?”

The change in subject was rather swift, but he would not push the knight. Instead he would let things happen as they will. Looking at the blaster's he shook his head.

*Nope. Never found a need for them. I did however have a sonic blaster one time. It shot out sonic waves that if put to a high enough frequency, could knock down an entire building. Lost it when i got into a fight with a jedi, damn bugger broke it*

Turning around Malice watched as many people walked past them. Beings of all different races, shapes, sizes, even color. the sith master's voice came out plain and to the point.

*Alright Sasha, let's drop the idol chat. We came here to find out what being a sith is all about. Well, i'l tell you, or show you what i believe being a sith is all about*

Malice grabbed a random passerby, a twi'lek, holding him infront of Sasha. Leaning in, Malice began speaking with him.

*My good Twi'lek, please tell me and my friend here, why you think sith live in the galaxy. What do you think their purpose is here?*

The Twi'lek was rather shocked at the question, feeling a bit uneasy.

Twi'lek: Well ummm.........I think sith are around just to kill and cause pain to others. They are evil, and therefore can only do evil acts. The jedi on the other hand.....

*Ok that's enough......thank you for your time*

Malice had cut him off before he started going into discription about the jedi. Looking back at Sasha, Malice let what he said sink in before adding what he thought a sith was.

*What the Twi'lek had said i felt was partially true Sasha. Sith are evil, not many have to act it or be it all the time. Just as i am not evil all the time, and i'm sure your not as well. As for killing and causing pain to others, well every sith is different. Some like to kill aimlessly and cause pain without a care, other's kill only when it suits them or benefits them in a way, rarely causing pain. There have even been sith i met that didn't do any of those things unless provoked. Now if you ask me, that's alot of different sith*

Malice stopped, letting Sasha think about his words for a moment. After a few minutes, he leaned in, whispering something within his ear.

*But to find out what a sith truly is, you must first find out what type of sith you are. For in reality there is no true sith, there is just sith. We are like a species, together we are same, but individually we are all very different. We are the same in that we are all virtually evil, in our own ways*

Ending his little philosophical speech there, Malice again turned around and looked at each being passing by. Wondering when he should take Sasha on his first killing spree.

OOC:TTT

SashaKovalev
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:41:00 AM
Sasha was silent throughout this exchange.

I think sith are around just to kill and cause pain to others.

These words echoed loudly in his mind, protest and anger on his lips. That wasnt their sole reason for existence. Without Sith, the jedi would try to rule the galaxy. The jedi would lull everyone into submission and no one would be free to live as they chose.

The Sith lived by their own code, by their own free will, and it was the Jedi who tried to stop them. The jedi who tried to stunt their freedom. The jedi were the ones who were evil.

As Malice leaned to whisper to him, Sasha knew his answer. He bordered between killing only when it suited or benefited him and killing only when provoked. It depended entirely on his mood that day, and likely when he had last released some of the anger within him.

"I know where I fall." He stated.

"I fall between the last two options. And this is why I question what a true Sith is. By definition of our friend," He said, referencing the man Malice had accosted, "I do not necessarily fall into his definition of one..."

"Where do you fall?" He asked.

Malice Draclau
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:26:53 PM
Being asked the question of where he stood as a sith caused a sadistic look to spread across his face. Slowly Malice walked into the busy streets. Speeders, and other vehicles screeched to a stop, not wanting to hit the man. Angry yelling and screaming came from all sides of Malice, only causing the sith master to laugh out loud.

*Well, i think it better to show you then tell you Sasha. But i ask you, after i show you what side i am on, care to join me. This will be after all.......your first massacre*

With that last statement, Malice sent out a wave of the force in all directions around him. Vehicles and beings went flying backwards, away from the sith master. Once the area around him was cleared, Malice double bladed saber came to life. Both white beams hissing for bloodshed. Malice grinned at Sasha.

*Remember when we first met, and i told you of the game i made of killing people before the jedi come to stop us. Well i'm gonna start the game now, only let's make a new twist. Let's also see which one of us can kill more people*

The killer look in his eyes emerged. A look Sasha had only heard about through his talks with the demon sith, but never had the chance to see. Malice knew very well where he stood as a sith. He was merciless killer. The thought of taking ones life excited him.....the power he had over others was an adrenaline rush. It was like a drug he just couldn't get enough of. Aside from seeing massive blood shed, which wasjust exstacy to the sith, Malice merely wanted to see others in pain. And so, the killing began, Malice chased down screaming people, slaughtering them with a smile on his face.

This was who he was, a killer, and proud of it.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 8th, 2002, 10:59:03 PM
Malice was chasing down a woman and her hooded child when abruptly, the woman vanished and the child produced a lightsaber, unignited but pointed at him. "When ye seek t' kill, y'never know who might interfere with ye," the being said. "Tis one o' the Sith flaws- pursuit with disregard t' th' outcome. Far better it be, t' be Dark Jedi."

And Hob grinned, waiting to see if his opponent would take the baited words.

Malice Draclau
Dec 9th, 2002, 12:47:07 AM
Malice to say the least was surprised to see the woman he had been chasing just simply disappear. Even more so the child she carried turning out to be a dwarf, with a lightsaber no doubt.

*A dark jedi....*

he repeated. Malice had known about them, but ever gotten the chance to fight one of them. And this one felt strong......could give him a challenge. Grinning at the beast, Malice stood at a deffensive stance.

*Well then, show me the errors of my ways*

The demon sith waited for his attack. Sure the dark jedi had surprised him with the illusion of the screaming woman. But when the time came, Malice would be the one surprising this half breed of a sith.

SashaKovalev
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:54:03 AM
Sasha had noticed an immediate change in Malice, and knew instantly that his last question had not been the best one to ask.

He knew it was a risk to not follow the request of playing this game with a master within the Order, but there was nothing in him at the moment that wanted to draw blood from another. At least, not the blood of innocents who would offer little challenge in return. There was no satisfaction in this for him.

He had stood for a moment where Malice had left him, and then finally he had ignited his saber. He let his signature in the force be broadcasted, issuing a challenge to any near him who could feel it. He would play this game, he supposed, but he would play it by his own set of rules. And perhaps that was the point of this trip - to teach him that one could be a Sith with their own set of rules. That a true Sith was not what was dictated in books, but was rather someone who used the darkside of the force in a particular way.

While he waited, he continued to watch Malice. He too, being surprised by the illusion of a child turning into something altogether different.

His violet eyes stared for a moment. He was not close enough to Malice or Hob to hear the words, but he could feel something different about this one. A feeling similar to the feeling that he got when he was around Wargrave. Thare was not the distinct feeling of the light as there was with the jedi, but the darkness that clouded it felt nothing like the signatures of the Sith, either. So, it was another dark jedi.

Briefly his thoughts flickered to his uncle, and Feliciana, the two dark jedi that he knew. He wondered if either of them knew this one.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 12th, 2002, 04:16:09 PM
"Show you? See, would you?"

Hob smiled, amused. He lifted his free hand and gestured vaguely with it. Before Malice, a flat illusion of a beautiful woman appeared, kneeling in supplication. It was as though Malice was watching a video of her- or of what was to come.

"Oh, my Lord," she breathed. "Please don't kill me! I've done nothing wrong! I wish only to serve you, and stay by your side! Spare my life, I be- eegh... urrrkk!"

The woman's face reddened, her eyes bulged. She clawed at her neck, doing nothing to ease her predicament. Then she dropped over, dead.

Abruptly, she vanished, to be replaced by Malice himself. A Jedi stood in front of him, hooded but holding a lightsaber. "You will pay for your crimes today, Sith!" said the Jedi.

"Ha!" barked illusion-Malice. "It is you who will-"

From behind illusion-Malice, a red blaster bolt entered the picture. A ghostly image of the woman threw herself in its path, but did not impede the shot at all. Illusion-Malice turned, his lightsaber sweeping the shot away, but he was stabbed in the back by the Jedi.

Illusion-Malice toppled to the ground, dead. The Jedi began to laugh, mockingly.

Then the entire picture vanished. Hob was still standing as he was- lightsaber out, but not ignited. "Seen, you now have," he said.

Hob's eyes gleamed in the darkness beneath his hood.

Malice Draclau
Dec 12th, 2002, 06:04:52 PM
Malice watched a the images were played. Knowing full well they were merely illusions. Though the one of him dying had caught his eye. Even more so was the woman whom tried to sacrifice herself for him. Shaking the images from his head, he was staring once again at the dwarf. His expression towards the dark jedi had not changed.

*I have seen jedi. But i means nothing. For no one will strike me down.......at least, not anytime soon. So let's cut the pleasentries shall we*

Malice lunged forward, his double bladed saber inaction. Malice made a quick slash aiming for Hobs right shoulder, while quickly bringing up the othe side of is saber and making a horizontal slash from his waist to the top of his chest.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 13th, 2002, 01:24:53 PM
"So be it!" roared the alien dwarf. He took a step back, igniting the lightsaber and taking hold of it with both hands. He caught Malice's first strike with his red blade, then spun to the side, dodging his opponent's second strike. With their lightsaber blades still in contact, Hob slid his blade down the length of Malice's towards the handgrips.

SashaKovalev
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:51:56 PM
He stood where he was, mostly observing. As Malice had initiated the attack, Sasha watched in the belief that Malice could handle his own, and that this was his battle, and his alone.

If it became necessary to assist, there was no doubt in the young knight's mind. He would step in to help. But honor, in his mind at least, dictated that the fight be fair.

This was, perhaps, a fault on his part. To be so honorable. But it was a part of who he was, and changing it would not be easy.

As a nearby onlooker gasped, suddenly noticing what was going on, the blade of his saber came out to strike her. He considered her foolish for having come close enough to him in the first place.

Malice
Dec 14th, 2002, 03:17:50 AM
Before the saber could reach his hands, Malce pulled back, swinging the otherside of his saber horizontally batting away Hobs. Malice then mae a few quick jabs with the left side of his saber, before twisting his saber and making a sideways slash wih the otherside of his saber. Going from Hobs left shoulder to the rightside of his waist.

Through the force, he sent a message to Sasha.

No one has come to challenge you yet. Strike them down while you can Sasha. Let the anger flow. That is the only way to control it, let it flow into each strike you make towards our foes.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:46:12 AM
In spite of being it batted away, Hob retained control of his weapon. His body barely seemed to move as Malice made his jab attacks, and each shift in his position was a perfectly precise dodge. Then, Hob turned and set himself, directly blocking Malice's sideways slash.

Pushing away his enemy's lightsaber, Hob took a few steps backward, setting himself in stance with his lightsaber before him, ready to defend. "Surely, such a powerful Sith should have no problem with a mere Dark Jedi," he cackled. "Come, expend more of your energy."

As Hob taunted his enemy, he began to draw more heavily on the Force, preparing himself for a future move.

Malice
Dec 14th, 2002, 09:04:38 PM
Malice listened to the tauntings of the dark jedi and laughed.

*Trust me dwarf, you do not want me to use my power. For it alone would be enough to defeat you. No, i think i'll have some fun with you.......before i crush you*

Malice charged in once again, drawing upon the darkside as well. Malice's slashes came in quick once more, slashes aimed for his right and left arms. Malice would see what this jedi was up to, before he would delve into his knowledge of the dark arts to use against him.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 17th, 2002, 04:33:56 PM
"You assume your powers can crush things other than imaginary figments," Hob cackled. His lightsaber bounced off of each slash and into a block against the next as the dwarf's shoulders shrugged away Malice's attacks. "Much to learn, you still have."

At the end of Malice's attack lunge, Hob's blade spun in his hands, cutting a line into the street. Then Hob took several more steps backward, still gathering the Force. He said nothing, only set himself once again.

Malice
Dec 17th, 2002, 08:58:04 PM
*I have faith and confidence in my abilites......can you say the same for your own*

Out stretching his left hand, Malice began to draw upon the force. Concentrating it in the palm of his hand......a ball of pure dark energy formed. It was small at first, but quickly grew to the size of his head. Not wanting to put too much energy into the attack so early in the fight, the demon sith threw the ball of force destruction at the dark jedi.

Wether it hit him or not, the ball would still do damage to whatever it touched. Being guided by Malice however, it would take skill for the hob to dodge the ball.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:41:40 PM
While Malice was busy creating the ball of Force destruction, Hob got a solid grip on a nearby speeder. In spite of its size, the vehicle flew through the air and intercepted the energy projectile. The speeder exploded into flames, but did not stop- it continued flying right at Malice.

(ooc) Sorry about the slow reply- I haven't been able to get on the Net for a few days. >_<

Syndell
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:03:41 AM
OOC: No probs. Sasha wont be on for a while either. He's gone till the 29.

IC:Growling at his attack missing, the demon sith leapt into the air. With a little aid from the force, he sailed harmlessly over the speeder. As soon as his right foot had touched the ground, Malice pushed off towards the dark jedi. Spinning in the air as he reached the jedi, Malice aimed a strike for his neck. but quickly pulled back, coming in with the otherside of his saber aiming for a slash across his abdomen.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:20:22 PM
Hob had watched Malice jump over his head and spun to keep watch on the Sith. The dwarf fell for Malice's feint, bringing his lightsaber up to protect his neck. When it became apparent that Malice was instead aiming for his abdomen, Hob was caught flat-footed. Instead of reacting with his body, he reacted with his mind, hammering Malice in the arm with a telekinetic strike and causing his slash to fall short.

The dwarf took several skipping steps back. He would need to bring his full attention on the battle if he wanted to win, so he began to narrow his perceptions to focus on his enemy, even going so far as to exclude Sasha from his concentration.

Malice
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:01:29 PM
Malice cringed at the telekenetic hit to his arm sent a sharp pain into his brain. Growling at this he watched as the dark jedi backed off. Straightening out his posture, Malice threw his saber to the side, along with the belt that was around his waist, and his robes. A sly, sadistic grin ran across his face as he stared at the dark jedi.

*What do you say we stop playing and get down to business Dark jedi. We both know neither you nor i am trying in this fight. So i purose from here on we hold nothing back. Do you agree*

As he waited for Hob's answer, Malice instantly began to draw in the darkside. If the dark jedi agreed, Malice would show him what he was really fighting against.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:23:02 PM
Another telekinetic strike hammers into Malice, this one stronger and more focused than the last and aimed at his chest. The foolish boy had left himself open and suffered the consequences.

Hob did not speak a reply to Malice's question; instead he simply made ready for whatever attack Malice would try next, be it with the Force or with his lightsaber.

SashaKovalev
Dec 31st, 2002, 07:57:51 AM
Sasha was a curious kid and it wasn’t enough for him to merely stand where he was to watch. A part of him wanted in on the action, and the other part of him told him to watch and learn. Slowly, he began to make his way toward the two masters as they battled. His path took him in a direction that eventually brought him behind Hob and just into view of Malice.

It was a position that would potentially put him at risk if aim was off, but would also put the Sith at somewhat of an advantage to take Hob by surprise, perhaps, if the situation arose.

Malice
Dec 31st, 2002, 04:19:26 PM
Malice took the blast head on, flyin backwards and landing hard onto the concrete road. With a loud thud, the sith master lay on the ground. His breathing harsh, as he had gotten the wind knocked out of him. Though laughter soon filled the air. Sitting up, Malice glared at Hob, his eyes glowing a fierce deep sea color.

*I take that as a yes. but not now, you are not ready dark jedi*

Standing, Malice took his saber in hand. With a push of his legs, the demon sith launched forward heading towards the dark jedi. With one hand he held his saber, holding it above him getting ready to strike, whie his other hand was held infront of him. As soon as he had gottenclose to Hob, Malice shot out a wave of the force at the jedi, quickly coming in with his saber slashing diagonally starting from his left shoulder.

OOC: Welcome back Sasha

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:52:01 AM
The dwarf was prepared for something telekinetic and as Malice's attack drew near, Hob jumped. The dwarf's timing was slightly off and his lower body received a push of backwards momentum. He struggled briefly with it, turning the extra force into a midair somersault, and spun out of the somersault sideways to land several feet back and to the left from where he had started.

Then Hob broke into a run towards a nearby food shop.

Malice
Jan 13th, 2003, 07:31:59 PM
Watching the direction that Hob had run off towards, Malice grinned.

*Awwww, figure it'd be a jedi to think of food at a time like this*

Turning towards Sasha, Malice motioned with his head to follow.

*Shall we*

With that Malice headed off after Hob. This fight was far from over.

SashaKovalev
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:57:05 PM
Awwww, figure it'd be a jedi to think of food at a time like this

Sasha had chuckled at this, and at the invitation of the Sith master, he had followed him towards the food shop.

His saber was in his hand as he jogged toward the doorway. He knew he was out of his league in facing Hob alone, but he intended to put up a good fight if he got the chance.

It was nothing personal – at this point it was merely the fact that watching a conflict had brought about the desire to be a part of one.

“Who is he, anyway….?” Sasha asked as he and Malice approached the doorway together.

“Do you know…?”

Malice
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:21:23 PM
Malice shook his head.

*I do not. I have no affiliations with dark jedi.....nor do i intend on starting*

Both sith walked inside, Malice keeping his senses on high alert to watch out for any sneak attacks. This jedi did confuse the sith master a bit. Why would he run into a food establishment? It just doesn't make sense.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:22:24 PM
By the time the two Sith had entered the shop, Hob had dealt with the lighting- by running his lightsaber through the power switch. Malice and Sasha entered a darkened room whose light came in from the windows, casting long shadows at the end of each aisle where someone fairly small could hide.

There was a surge in the Force and to the left of the pair of Sith, something rustled.

Malice
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:14:54 PM
A wave of the force shot from Malice's hand, heading towards the disturbance. Looking closer, the sith saw only a broken table with spilled goods all over the floor. Growling, Malice yelled out to the dark jedi, knowing he could hear him.

*You think this is a game jedi. Well, i'll show you how much fun i'm having once i catch you*

With that Malice continued walking through the store,with Sasha close behind. The demon sith reached out with the force, searching for the jedi. He did not need any light find his prey.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:58:33 PM
Malice caught the sense of the dwarf towards the left hand wall of the food shop. The dwarf was not hidden in the Force, but he was definitely using his power to do something outside the building.

SashaKovalev
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:09:22 AM
The darkness cast eerie shadows about the walls and the floor. Though he wasn’t afraid of the dark, he had to remind himself to search with his feelings and not his eyes, for the shadows could be deceiving. A rustling to his left made him turn and he watched as Malice used the force to send a quick blast in that direction.

He had an uneasy feeling as he reached out, searching for the dark jedi, but he said nothing and trusted his instincts to protect him.

As he stepped a bit further in, he moved along one of the walls, using it to shield his back from attack.

Malice
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:18:12 AM
Just like smelling fresh baked bread at the bakery, Malice's senses picked up the Aura of the dark jedi. Jumping up onto one of the shelfs, Malice began hopping his way towards Hob.

*Come Sasha, we finish this here. This jedi annoy's me*

Malice almost upon his prey.

SashaKovalev
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:39:06 PM
The young knight noticed as Malice's senses seemed to picked up the Aura of the dark jedi. He had sprung from his location to the top of one of the shelves, and begun to hop.

Come Sasha, we finish this here. This jedi annoys me

The jedi didn’t annoy Sasha, but rather he found amusement in the antics. But amusement was not what he had come for. This trip had been to determine what being a Sith meant. So far, he was learning that it had many different meanings, but most of them were based upon one thing that he had in common with Malice: anger.

He could feel the annoyance of Malice with the dark jedi, and so he too let these feelings begin to flow. Perhaps in allowing himself to walk in the shoes of another, he would find the answers that he sought. He let the anger flow through his veins, searching deeper for it than this situation could provide. And finding it, years of it bottled inside, he struck out. His lightsaber sliced through the shelves Malice had just left, bringing the contents crashing down upon him and whatever was on the other side of them.

Despite the brief pain of a rather awkward object catching him on its way down, he found himself grinning in anticipation of conflict.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:23:01 PM
The hum and whir of repulsorlifts approaching was suddenly audible in the silence left after Sasha brought down the shelf.

Suddenly, there was another crashing sound, but this was no shelf being cut down. This was a speeder truck driving itself through the wall of the shop. Though it was not aimed directly at Sasha, it was likely to clip him if he did not move out of the way, and fast. The truck was actually aimed at Hob himself.

Malice, meanwhile, found one of his hops stronger than he bargained for. Hob had given the Sith Master a midair telekinetic toss towards his own position, in effect sending his enemy right into the path of where the truck was going to be.

Once his trap was sprung, Hob called the Force to him and did several flips, ending up on the opposite side of the truck from Malice and Sasha.

(ooc) If you guys are having trouble picturing this, let me know and I'll try to explain. I should say that the truck is not perfectly aimed at Sasha or Malice, but it is big enough and moving with enough speed to where Malice and Sasha have a 50-50 chance to get hit by it.

Malice
Feb 1st, 2003, 08:01:31 PM
OOC: Alright. Let me know if this is ok. If not then i'll edit.

IC: Malice was unprepared for the extra boost by Hob. Further more, he wasn't expecting to be hoisted towards his prey. But, the sith soon found out why. The sound of turbolifts filled the air. Looking to the side, Malice saw the hover truck coming in his direction. Using the force, he easily threw a couple shelfs in it's way to help slow it's momentum a bit.

Though seeing as how this wouldn't work, Malice quickly surrounded himself in a force shield. The truck came crashing forward, hitting Malice's shield. Sending him flying backwards and crashing through the wall. As he rolled backwards, the shield disappeared. It had served it's purpose. Taking up the hit from the truck, leaving Malice to deal with the bumps and bruses from hitting the ground outstside. Standing, the sith master rolled his shoulders. Brused and bleeding, all he could do was laugh.

*Is that all you got little one. I would have figured you stronger then this. But no matter......for play time is over. I time we get serious*

With that, Malice threw his saber to the side. Doing the same with his belt. Bringing his arm's to his side, he began to consentrate. He would be doing what he should have done earlier. He would show the dark jedi his true form. A form that not many got to see.

A black sphere suddenly formed around his body. A sphere of pure dark energy being gathered. It was acting sort of like a shield, or cocoon. Protecting him while his body went through with the transformation. It would take him a couple of minutes. Minutes the black sphere would try and buy.

SashaKovalev
Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:29:16 PM
His youth allowed him quick reflexes, but he had little room to move. He was pinned on one side by shelving and on the other side by an oncoming speeder truck.

His only option was upwards, which was where he sprang, but the side mirrors of the speeder caught his feet, and altered his move. He tumbled forward, crashing to the floor just after the speeder had passed on by.

The fall had briefly knocked the wind out of him, and he stood shakily for a moment, coughing and hacking on the dust created by the rubble of the smashed open wall of the store.

Beyond, he could see Malice, a black sphere forming around his body. And then he searched for his saber that had been loosened from his grip in the fall.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 4th, 2003, 12:06:06 AM
(ooc)
Malice: That's cool.

(ic)
The dwarf leapt into the air, landing atop a set of still standing shelves. His vantage point gave him an excellent view of the fallen Sasha and the cocooned Malice. Noting his foe was disarmed, he began searching the debris, seeking, seeking...

Something whipped past Sasha's face. His eyes followed it and he saw a second's fraction too late that Hob had found his lightsaber first. The weapon landed in Hob's hand and the dwarf shook his head with disappointment.

"Your anger distracted you," he chastised. "Consequences have you suffered. Master, you call him? I call him fool. Coward Sith who hides and leaves you to your fate. His own fate, he saw not. Your own, he has abandoned you to."

"More clearly, see you? The meaning of Sith, do you now understand?"

SashaKovalev
Feb 4th, 2003, 02:27:10 PM
Ah, there it was…his lightsaber. it had taken only a bit of time to find it, but that time had been too long. How precious time could be, for just before he called it to him, Hob had done so as well. And it had landed victoriously in Hob’s hand.

Sasha’s violet eyes stared up at Hob, noting the disappointed shake of his head.

Your anger distracted you He stated, his voice clearly chastising.

Consequences have you suffered. Master, you call him? I call him fool. Coward Sith who hides and leaves you to your fate. His own fate, he saw not. Your own, he has abandoned you to.

The young knight shifted his weight, his gaze flickering to the ground and then back to Hob.

More clearly, see you? The meaning of Sith, do you now understand?

He could feel a mixture of anger and confusion building. Anger at himself for having lost his saber at all, and anger at the confusion that Hob’s words caused within him. And his thoughts were unprotected in the flurry of emotions that followed.

He had joined the Sith order in search of a family of sorts. Of those who would work together for a common goal, while offering protection to one another.

From the beginning, he had been left mostly on his own to learn, to train, and to become what he was today. He’d sought guidance along the way, but rarely had it been offered to him. In battle after battle he had fought for the good of the order, and in return what had it given him?

Exactly what Hob’s words suggested. Nothing. Nothing because Sith were out there only for themselves. When it came right down to it, he could think of one – exactly one Sith who would stand by him no matter what the situation. The others…the others would be there to benefit – and this was the meaning of Sith. Or, in the very least, the meaning he was coming to understand. Everyone was in it for themselves. And with the order to the extent that it would benefit them.

And this was a bitter pill to swallow for a young kid with his ambition and dedication.

His mouth suddenly felt very dry, and the dust from the rubble was grit between his clenched teeth.

He understood. He understood all to well.

Malice
Feb 4th, 2003, 03:47:25 PM
With an explosion of darkside energy, the black sphere enevloping Malice vanished. It was absorbed into his body. As the sith master once again became visible, he was no longer as they saw him before. Instead of a human, they saw an 8 ft tall blue creature.

His teeth and nails had grown long and dagger sharp. His muscles buldged out everywhere. His skin became hard like armor. But to some, the most noticable feature of the sith, was the pair of wings, and the whip like tail slashing around behind him. Indeed this was not the sith they had come to know. For he had gone back to his true form....that of a demon.

Slowly he walked back towards the store. Stopping at the entrance through the wall he had created. While going through his transformation, he had heard everything Hob said to Sasha. And so, looking at his fellow sith, Malice grinned.

*Had i wanted to leave you to your fate Sasha, i would have merely left. But i had not. I was just slipping into something more comfortable for fighting. Do not listen to him, for he knows nothing about the the sith of our order. We have strived for many years based on the values have been taught by your master. Had we not, then our order would have fallen just like the Sith Empire has*

His low voice bellowed out. Lifting one of his massive hands, Malice crashed down part of the wall, making a bigger hole for him to fit through. Now, he headed for Hob. Playtime was over. Malice rarely changed into this form unless it ws to finish a fight. With the darkside flowing from him like a river, he started to gather and concentrate on the dark energy.

*Jedi, you will fall today. Not just by me, but by the both of us. For you see, the meaning of a sith is power. Power to rule over other's, power to gain whatever you want in the galaxy. You jedi, both dark and light are blinded to this truth. But fear not, for i shall show you the meanng of being a sith*

With that Malice thrusted his hands forward. Sending strong wave of the force at the dark jedi. Malice would be the last sith in the world to desert a fellow darksider. He had been trained by master Live Wire to be loyal to the order and to the darkside. To be allies with all who serve the darkside....less they be traitors.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:45:11 AM
It was immediately apparent that Malice's change had made him as much stronger in the Force as he looked different. Truly, Malice had become a more powerful opponent, for his attack had sent Hob flying off the shelf where he'd perched and onto the floor. Sasha's lightsaber disappeared inside his robe during his midair trip, but he paid for his prize by landing hard. His momentum kept him sliding on the floor until the wall stopped him.

Truly, a more powerful opponent. But power was not the only strength in the galaxy.

The dwarf slowly levered himself to his feet, gathering the Force within himself to aid his strength.

And then he began to laugh, loud and cackling. The laughter echoed throughout the ruined store.

Clearly, Hob was mocking Malice.

SashaKovalev
Feb 5th, 2003, 11:52:48 AM
It was not the Malice he was familiar with, but rather a tall blue creature instead that spoke. It was unlike anything Sasha had seen before, though he had viewed pictures in books of such things – of demons.

Had i wanted to leave you to your fate Sasha, i would have merely left. But i had not. I was just slipping into something more comfortable for fighting. Do not listen to him, for he knows nothing about the sith of our order. We have strived for many years based on the values have been taught by your master. Had we not, then our order would have fallen just like the Sith Empire has

He heard Malice’s words as he spoke and internally he battled to seek the truth – to find what he truly believed – not just what he wanted to believe.

Malice’s force blast at Hob, due to their closeness in vicinity pushed Sasha away as well. And from where he now stood, having stumbled back a bit, he continued to watch in silence, his violet eyes transfixed as the dwarf began to cackle. The disconcerting noise rang out in the hollowness of the destroyed building.

Malice
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:16:58 PM
The cackling and laughing from the dwarf had indeed done it's task. Malice did not like being mocked. Being in the state he was in now didn't help any. For in this beast state, he was more suseptible to rage and anger. Often he let it control him, taking him over.

As expected, Malice now headed towards Hob. Getting on all fours, he launched at the shelf Hob was sitting on moments before, knocking it down with his massive size. Like a cat on the hunt, he jumped off the shelf and ran at Hob. Saliva dripping from his elongated teeth. His claws scratching the dura creet metal floor.

*You dare mock me jedi. I'll eat you alive*

Getting close, Malice lashed out. Attacking with his left hand. His claws extended outwards, practically begging to taste Hob's flesh. To feel his skin tear as they ran him through. There was one downside to his increased state. If he remained in this form for too long, he would go berserk. Malice would no longer think rasionally and begin attacking anything that moved around him.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:03:18 AM
Malice's claws caught nothing but wall.

Hob jumped into the air and then pushed off the wall, his small body propelling itself over Malice's head and past his whipping tail before the larger being could catch him.

It was one of the advantages of being small.

Even as Malice turned around, Hob was again leaping into the air. His small frame did a midair somersault and he landed among some fallen goods.

"Faster!" he laughed imperiously.

SashaKovalev
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:51:56 AM
Sasha stepped back for a moment. The proceedings at this point seemed to be between Malice and the strange little dwarf, and he was content to watch and most likely, to learn.

He had heard Malice suggest earlier to Hob that together the two Sith would bring the dawrf down. But something was missing for him. A crucial piece was missing. The piece that all along had given him cause to wonder. It had been part of the reason for this trip – to learn the meaning of Sith and for Sasha, even more than that. For Sasha, it was a trip to learn a bit about himself, and whether, according to the meaning of Sith, he had it in him to really be one.

Malice
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:57:47 AM
Streams of lightning shot forth from Malice's massive hands. His anger increasing with each passing moment. The sith master was soon reaching a state of mind where he would loose control, and the darkside would rule his body.

Only a mere 20 minutes stood in the way of him loosing his sanity.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:36:51 PM
Hob placed both his wrists together and set himself. The lightning hammered into his open palms and deflected every which way, streams flickering into the shelves, walls, and ceiling. The building shook with the effort of resisting the destructive forces, but did not collapse.

The dwarf remained in his stance. "Much to learn, you still have."

SashaKovalev
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:29:49 AM
Years. It would take years of practice before he was capable of facing force lightning as Hob had.

He was able to conduct it - Lady Vader had taught him some time ago and he could wield it with moderate accuracy. But not for long periods of time. Not yet.

Standing there, in the presence of such masters, he was in awe. He barely noticed as his feet moved backwards, carrying him a bit further from the fray - distancing himself - working to give him a new perspective.

Malice
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:01:30 AM
Growling in anger, Malice flapped his wings, which sent his massive body flying towards Hob. Using the force to increase his speed, the demon sith did a 180 turn right before he had reached Hob. His whip like tail lashing out at the goblin.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:11:31 PM
The dwarf held his stance against the blast of air that Malice's wings created, but the effort it took delayed him. Malice's tail caught him in mid-air and sent him flying across the room, towards the truck.

The dwarf landed on his feet clutching his side, but grinning more broadly than ever. "Your weakness is what you call strength," he cackled. "Your passion is your distraction."

Malice
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:32:51 AM
The words of the dark jedi only seemed to increase Malice's anger. Landing on the ground, he once more charged at Hob. Running on all fours. At the last moment, Malice jumped towards Hob, lashing out with both hands.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:00:53 AM
As Malice swings his hands, Hob takes a quick two-steps back and unleashes a barrage of Force Lightning. The potent energy streaks through the air, goes past Malice, and hits the hood of the truck. The truck's power system overloads and explodes, sending out a fiery blast and a wave of concussive force with the massive demon acting as a potential shield for the smaller alien.

As if that weren't enough, the explosion hammers into the weakened structure of the shop, tearing several support girders off their base and causing the roof to start collapsing in chunks.

Malice
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:22:25 PM
The force of the blast it Malice,flipping him in mid air, so that his back now faced Hob. Sensing the roof starting to give way from this massive explosion, he sent two force blasts towards the ground, which sped him farther towards Hob. Lashing out with his tail, Malice quickly wrapped it arnd Hob's body. Malice's big bulk hit the goblin, and both were sent through the air.

As the two began there decent, Malice flew Hob's towards the ground with a swish of his tail. The demon sith himself landed on both feet, stumbling togin is balance. The force of the blast had taken a bit out of him. Scorch marks from the heat and flames littered his blue body. Still the sith was very ready to continue fighting. His eyes went from a dark blue to a pure white.......showing the complete tranformation. Malice now was like a wild animal.

Lashing out with the darkside, a loud roar came from the demon, a stream of fire flowing out of his mouth. The violent flames headed towardsthe dark jedi.

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 4th, 2003, 02:04:26 AM
Hob hit hard and rolled to a stop on the floor, lying upwards with a glazed look on his face. The flames gathered in Malice's mouth and shot forward, but just moments before they reached him, the dwarf rolled out of the way. A chunk of roof flew into the side of Malice's head, knocking his aim off. When he'd recovered, he could see Hob scampering towards a window that had been blown open.