PDA

View Full Version : The End... or is it just the beginning? (Oriadin)

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 26th, 2002, 05:41:35 AM
I would be the first to admit, I had a smile from ear to ear and I was immensly pleased. In someways, today was the justification and the confirmation for myself I was walkign the Jedi ways, for my Padawan... no ex Padawan was now a full fledged Jedi Knight.

It was hard to believe he had won his promotion!

Now some Jedi would allow students to leave and walk away with no further guidance. I however had different ideas. Thence, I was at my room, waiting for GJO's newest Knight to come by my door before we went to celebrate.

Oriadin
Nov 26th, 2002, 06:13:16 AM
The once lost man, with no memory of his past or who he was had in a way, come of age. After being looked after by the Jedi, and taken under Helenias Q'Dunns wing he had now achieved the title of Jedi Knight. A proud day. Titles didnt really mean much. It didnt make you a better person, or make you any more qualified but it was a marker stone and it did mean that he was free to take on his own Padawan and pass on all that he'd learnt from his studies, his master and the other Jedi he'd come into contact with.

Oriadin approached Helenias's living quarters. He stood outside the door and brushed himself down briefly before knocking. Seconds after he knocked, a soft voice from inside told him to enter to which he did.

--Master--

He said with a bow.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 26th, 2002, 06:28:37 AM
I bowed in return, smiling as I stood straight again.

"Let me firstly give you one lesson that is quick and easy to remember - you may be a Knight, but you do never stop learning. Your life is only truly beginning - I have shown to the door and the path, you have chosen to walk though the door and walk the path - but it is a path narrow and winding. Much danger you will face, but you must always remember - you never stop learning. Now, for why I asked you to come here.... in my time in the Imperial Service, as a Royal Guard, there was a tradition the most gifted of students was given a gift upon their coming of promotion to the Royal Red. Only those who came to the true pinnicle would be given this honour. I, as the only woman to ascend to the Red, to full armour and even to guard the ruler of the Empire himself, was gifted and dressed in my armour. But more than that, my own Grandfther as he was to me, he gifted me my Pike. I will always treasure that day. For a woman to become of the true elite of Imperial Service, it was high praise indeed. So, what would I give my own student, who has proven himself?"

I had a smile of mischief of my face.

"Come this way please"

Oriadin
Nov 26th, 2002, 06:35:45 AM
Oriadin thought back to a time where Marcus had told him the same thing about never stop learning. He smiled. He could tell they were together. She was right though and Oriadin would work continuously at his studies and to learn off the other Knights and Masters. Probably the padawans too. Everyone had something they could teach someone.

Helenias went on to start talking a little bit about her past and how she had been gifted a pike. She told him she had something for him and Oriadin let out a sneaky smile as he followed where she instructed.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 27th, 2002, 05:56:45 AM
I lead Oriadin into a room, where on the table was a single object. It glittered silver and gold, a wok of art that I had paid the weapons smith a-plenty of credits.

Every single one I did not begrudge. 1.5 meters in length, fashoined with patterns of my homeworld, long and thin. Much like any real weapon of worth, beautiful and deadly.

An Imperial Force Pike, but worked in the maner of The First Born, script and designs up and down the shaft, gold inlays and silver shining.

"Whether you choose to learn to weild it, that is up to you. But, accept my gift and whenever you see it, remember what I taught you and keep your feet on the path of a Jedi"

Oriadin
Nov 27th, 2002, 06:14:54 AM
Oriadin felt touched. The gift was obviously expensive and it meant a lot to the now Jedi Knight, as it did when Helenias recieved hers many years ago. He picked the object up with both hands and gave it the once over.

--This is very beautiful. Thank you Master. Perhaps one day, you will show me how to use it effectivly. I know you think very highly of this weapon.--

This was turning into a day to remember, of which there werent many in Oriadins life.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 27th, 2002, 06:26:45 AM
"Oh, I very much think highly of it. A Pike in my hand is deadlier than a sabre in a Jedi Master's. I well remember Master Yoghurt caught the pommel of mine in the ... errr... groin when he fought myself, years ago. "

I paused, thinking.

"Grandfather would have liked you, even if he did not like Jedi. You have some of his williness to learn. If you become half the weilder of a Pike he was, you will be formidible indeed. Now, I will put this to you - either this is a sort of parting of the ways, an ending. Or, it can be a beginning. Unless I am mistaken, you still have much to learn that I can help you with. One day you may take upon a Padawan of your own, I can let my experience help you. I can show you that the real beginning of your life in the Jedi is truly only beginning. And more than that, I need someone I can trust to be a second set of ears and eyes, watch my back. I'm afraid that someone doesnt want a Jedi in the Senate and is detirmined to try to do something about it"

"Besides" I added with a smile "I need an attendant on my staff. I'd rather it be a Jedi than some one else. What would you say to that?"

Oriadin
Nov 27th, 2002, 06:47:39 AM
He took next to no time considering Heleias's offer.

--Of course. Id love to. This shouldnt be the end and id hate to think of it as an ending. Anything I can do to help you in the senate, would be an honour. You are right, I still have a lot to learn. Any help and advise you could give me, would indeed be very welcome.--

He smiled gently to the Warrior Jedi stood before him.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 28th, 2002, 04:49:29 AM
"Excellent!"

It would have surprsied the new Knight, but I grabbed him in a hug and kissed his cheek in an entirely uncommon display of emotion - of joy for him.

"Come on... Bar and Grill. Drinks on me"

Oriadin
Nov 28th, 2002, 05:01:03 AM
Oriadin beemed. He had never seen his Master act in any way like the scenes he was experiencing now. Reputation for removing limbs? You would never have known. Oriadin was sure her bark was louder than her bite. Still, he would stay on her good side just to make sure, he joked to himself. He couldnt help but smile.

--Thankyou. Well, if the drinks are on you, we'd better get going then!--

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 29th, 2002, 06:22:29 AM
"Yes, there are... lets go!"

OOC : Annnnd links to B&G... that links to Carry the World...