PDA

View Full Version : Six feet from the edge (DAE COME BACK...))

SashaKovalev
Nov 25th, 2002, 05:52:58 PM
He was everything a sith master would hope for their ideal apprentice to be. He was respectful, determined, and able. He had begun as an apprentice, and for some time now, had been knighted, earning this title from his master, Lady Vader. And under her tutelage, her mentoring, the cruel, vicious, and unforgiving side of him was emerging. The transformation was coming slowly. And his master did not rush the process. This was for the best, for what came from him naturally, what developed within him, would be stronger, would come more easily and more powerfully than the things that were taught.

He had come to her as a kid just barely old enough to be considered a young adult. He had been rather innocent, though full of anger at the galaxy. He had never killed anyone before joining the order. He had never considered killing just for the sheer rush that it could bring.

Over time, he had become hardened, and killing did not bother him as it once had. He did not associate with jedi as he once had. He had learned this lesson with Xazor and had made only one exception since then – teaming with Terran to defeat a band of thieves back on Tatooine - for the sole reason that he could not have defeated them alone.

But since then, since he had parted ways at the spaceport with the jedi, the darkness within him had only begun to grow, perhaps with more intensity now as he tried to find a way to bring his code of honor in sync with the Sith code. Perhaps it was anger with Feliciana’s departure from the order. Perhaps it was his responsibility to his apprentices.

On this particular day, under the dark sky that threatened rain, Sasha felt more in tune with the dark side than he’d felt before. It felt as if he was breathing it in, and it gave him the heady feeling he sometimes got from the buzz of a cigarette with a beer or two.

He hadnt done anything different. It wasn’t something he would be able to look back on, pinpoint, and say this was it, this was what enabled me to stop caring the way I did before. It was something that had come gradually. Little by little, he had been witness to, accomplice of, or victim of darkness. And the more he witnessed, the more he accepted it. It was perhaps the same numbness that one acquires to the plight of anything they walk by day after day after day.

It was also the realization, as he witnessed or experienced each act of darkness, that the darkside held power. It held power that he was beginning to learn how to wield with accuracy and strength. And each experience with that was like a drug, a very addictive drug. With each experience, he only wanted more.

But this addiction was not out of control. Not yet at least. His master helped him to keep it in check with her admonitions or her praise. And because his respect for her ran so deep, he was careful to follow her advice. He also met frequently with his uncle, or with Master Wargrave, a dark jedi, who were responsible, in part, for his remaining grounded. For the most part, he didn’t bother with the aimless killing of innocents. There was no satisfaction in killing or harming those that were unable to compete. There wasn’t really satisfaction in killing at all. But there was satisfaction in the power over another. In the giddy feeling that the darkside, as it ran through his veins in battle, brought to him.

As he walked through the streets, he allowed the darkness to flow about him. It almost dripped from him, sticky as blood from a fresh wound. His presence in these streets was not menacing, but was filled with trouble enough to give a jedi, if one was nearby, cause to be concerned for the safety of the citizens.

Silus Xilarian
Nov 25th, 2002, 08:56:45 PM
Curiousity, nothing more, drove Silus to take notice. A man, walking among the crowds of people around, advertising his presence in the force. The darkness of his presence.

It was becoming more natural at this point for Silus to hide, or at least tone down, his force presence. Encounters with Jedi were mostly the cause of this, as Silus' current state of affairs demanding a bit of anonymity.

Silus had been eating, of all things, when the man strode by. Judging by his mannerisms and the overall way he carried himself, he didnt seem to be up to anything. But the presence was there....

Upon standing up from his table, Silus left adequate credits to cover his meal, along with a generous tip. He quietly exited the resturant, and with a quick stride, closed the distance somewhat between Sasha and himself...

Curiousity, nothing more.

SashaKovalev
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:09:29 PM
Just as easily as he had felt the presence of no one behind him, he could suddenly feel the presence of someone. Someone who was quickly closing the gap between them. Their presence was barely discernable, and had he not been been as he was today, at ease with the darkness that surrounded him, he might not have even noticed. He probalby would not have.

After another block or so, he reached for his saber. He took it from his belt, but he did not ignite it. Rather, he held it merely as a child might hold a teddy bear - out of security.

A few more steps, and then he finally turned to catch a glimpse. The man seemed about his age, perhaps a few years older, for he was just over nineteen now. The way he carried himself, the sterness of his features, and the broad shoulders made him appear older than he was, but if he smiled, which seemed a rare occasion these days, the youthfullness of the gesture would easily give away the fact that he was little more than a child still in actual years.

He chose this moment to stop walking, and boldly, violet eyes stared at the one who had chosen to follow him.

Silus Xilarian
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:26:22 PM
As Sasha turned around, Silus' blue eyes immediately made contact with violet. Sasha had his saber ready. It seemed that he was looking for a fight.

A rude passer-by stepped in front of Silus, slightly shouldering his way past the Dark Jedi. As this happened, Silus' arm went behind his back, removing one of his sabers from his belt. He tucked the weapon up his sleeve, and returned his hand to his side as he once again came back into Sasha's view....

As the distance between them closed, Silus reached into his pocket and removed a cigarette, lighting it as he stopped a few feet from Sasha....

Silus looked slightly interested as he looked forward at Sasha, though he remained silent...

SashaKovalev
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:35:36 PM
"Got another cigarette?" The Sith asked.

He didnt smoke all that often, mostly only when he was drinking, or the mood struck him. Lately, this seemed to be the case more often, but it didnt seem to phase him.

An amused expression might have briefly crossed his features. He wasnt sure who this guy was, or why he had any interest in him, but it was a good distraction from the quietness of the afternoon.

He was wary, for he was wise enough to the streets to know not to let his guard down. Something about Silus did not allow him to be at ease.

Silus Xilarian
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:06:32 PM
An almost annoyed look passed over Silus' features as he removed a nearly full pack from his pocket. He tapped the bottom a little with his thumb, letting one slide out about halfway.

As Silus held out the pack, he absently patted down his other pocket for his lighter....

Dae Jinn
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:17:04 PM
A flame appeared in front of Silus' line of vision. Holding the lighter between black-nail polished fingers was Daetana Jinn. A smile was on her glossed lips, and red-lensed sunglasses covered her eyes as she glanced from one man to the other.
"You boys really shouldn't smoke....Bad for your health."

SashaKovalev
Nov 26th, 2002, 09:05:07 AM
It was difficult to hide his amusement, yet he managed to, his expression remaining as serious as always. He had seen the almost annoyed look that passed over Silus’s face. Served him right, the young Sith thought, for following me. Perhaps next time he’d let strangers be strangers.

He accepted the cigarette, with a less than heartfelt mumble of thanks. It was almost done in an effort to continue annoying the guy.

You boys really shouldn't smoke....Bad for your health. she said as she held out a lighter between polished nails. She had come from seemingly nowhere, though, with the floods of people constantly passing by, it wasn’t any surprise they hadnt noticed her.

The young Sith shrugged.

“Im gonna die sometime anyway…” Sasha replied with a slight grin. His eyes sparkled slightly with mischief, and certainly recognition. He had met Dae before, and the results of the evening had been less than….boring.

His lightsaber still held firmly in one hand, his gaze went back to Silus, perhaps, to a degree, sizing him up as the sparkle disappeared from his eyes. They narrowed slightly in a steady gaze.

“You two know each other?” He asked, more out of courtesy to Dae than being friendly to Silus.

Dae Jinn
Nov 26th, 2002, 01:21:55 PM
"Of course...Silus is...an old play-mate of mine" She gave Sasha a wink. "And I would think you would want to die in battle, rather than in some hospital hooked up to machines."

She lit his cigarette and tossed the lighter to Silus. "Funny meeting you to here...I could sense Sasha here from a mile away. Stinking up the streets with the Dark."
She made a face, and laughed.

SashaKovalev
Nov 26th, 2002, 01:38:14 PM
Of course...Silus is...an old play-mate of mine

He had raised a questioning eyebrow at this, and looked away with a grin at Dae’s wink. At the same time, he filed the name of this one away. Silus.

And I would think you would want to die in battle, rather than in some hospital hooked up to machines.

He didn’t bother to answer this. He was just past nineteen, and at that age, death didn’t seem to be a reality just yet.

He inhaled deeply as she lit his cigarette, holding it for a moment before exhaling away from her as politely as possible.

Funny meeting you to here...I could sense Sasha here from a mile away. Stinking up the streets with the Dark.

He rolled his eyes. He hadnt tried to hide anything.

“You say that as if the darkness bothers you…” He knew very well that it did not bother her, but he looked back to Silus, violet eyes staring for a moment, not in challenge necessarily, but perhaps in curiousity.

He knew nothing of Silus. And if he recalled correctly, Dae had considered the jedi Zeke a play mate of hers as well.

Silus Xilarian
Nov 27th, 2002, 03:59:20 AM
Silus glanced over towards Dae...

I dont like to advertise myself so much....

He glared back up toward Sasha...

It tends to create problems....

He glanced down toward the lightsaber in Sasha's hand, then glanced back up to Sasha. A slight grin cracked across his face. It wasnt so much a warning, nor a challenge, but a subtle way of telling Sasha that it hadnt gone unnoticed--and hadnt been the cause of any worry....

SashaKovalev
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:43:43 AM
I dont like to advertise myself so much...It tends to create problems...

Sasha caught Silus’s rather obvious jab as the man finished his sentence looking at him.
As the man’s gaze flickered to Sasha’s saber and a slight grin appeared on his face, the Sith took another drag of his cigarette. And then he exhaled through his nose, the slight breeze carrying off the smoke before he spoke.

“Then I suppose I’m in luck…” He commented, referring to Silus’s last statement, “Because problems are what I’m usually looking for…”

Which was, to a degree, quite true. He carried much anger within him, and while a time ago he might have avoided confrontation, lately it had been something that he sought out. It was the drive, the desire for chaos that Sith teachings had begun to instill in him. Or perhaps these desires had always been there, dormant until he had found an atmosphere that supported them.

Though he had spoken with a rather serious tone, a grin finally appeared on his face. He shifted his cigarette to the hand that also held his saber for a moment as he extended his right hand to Silus in a gesture that suggested he was content to drop the attitude and perhaps get to know this old…play mate..of Dae. Without provocation, he was a kid who rather enjoyed being social, and as the rain began to fall, drop by drop from the sky, he would have been more than happy to duck into a nearby tavern with the two to hang out.

“Perhaps we can shake on our differences and grab a pint at Seven’s…” He suggested, nodding towards a local bar just a half block from where they stood.

Dae Jinn
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:02:13 AM
Dae sighed. "Men are so.........men." She thought, then grabbed both of them by the arms, dragging them with her. She wasn't about to stand in the rain like some idiot while they jabbered on.

As they walked, she made a face at Sasha. "The reason why I said that about the Darkside is because, it irritates my nose...Why anyone would want to walk around reeking of it is beyond me. I'm surprised some little Jedi haven't came and gave you a lecture or something.."
She laughed, a bit embarassed about blabbing on like that. She turned an eye to Silus, her face getting more serious. "I heard you were one of the last to see Gue before he dissappeared..."
She bit her bottom lip."I was wondering if you knew what happened to him."

SashaKovalev
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:24:27 AM
Before he knew it, Dae had grabbed both of them by the arms, dragging them with her off toward the tavern. The expression on his face made have expressed the fact that he felt as if he were being chided by a mother or a girlfriend, particularly as Dae turned to him and made a face.

The reason why I said that about the Darkside is because, it irritates my nose...Why anyone would want to walk around reeking of it is beyond me. I'm surprised some little Jedi haven't came and gave you a lecture or something..

He snorted in amusement at this, rolling his eyes.

Let them lecture me. He thought. Just let them lecture me…

And then she had laughed and turned to Silus.

I heard you were one of the last to see Gue before he dissappeared...I was wondering if you knew what happened to him.

He hadnt the slightest clue who Gue was, but listened with idle interest as they approached the doors of Sevens.

(ooc: Im going to be out of town from this afternoon until probably Monday...sorry. :( )

Silus Xilarian
Nov 27th, 2002, 04:16:25 PM
Silus looked over to Dae...

Last I heard from Gue, he stuck his nose where it didnt belong and got it cut off, by three advanced Concussion missiles.....

A slight grin lit up Silus' face at his remark, though he led on no farther.....

But thats just hear-say, I dont know how true it is....

As they entered the bar, Silus his lightsaber slide back down his sleeve. while Sasha and Dae werent looking, he quickly tucked it away behind his back....

(dont sweat it....enjoy your weekend :))

Dae Jinn
Nov 27th, 2002, 04:37:01 PM
(yeah, you silly boy :))

Dae sighed, and forced a smile onto her face, heading towards the bar. "A vodka, please."

She gave Silus another glance. "I was just curious. Him being my ex-husband and all."

SashaKovalev
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:04:23 PM
Sasha's head canted slightly. He knew vertually nothing of Dae, save the fact that she liked to cause trouble - and she seemed to have boundless numbers of male...play mates.

As they stepped inside, Sasha felt his eyes adjusting to the dim atmosphere. He got the once over from the man at the door, for this planet did have minimum age for drinking, but a subtle nudge through the force allowed the young Sith entrance, and no questions asked.

He nodded towards three open seats at the bar, and to a booth over in the corner that was open.

"Anyone have a preference?" He asked, his voice not lacking in emotion, though bordering on it.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:23:17 PM
The booth will be fine...

Silus usually didnt have a preference on such things, but when it came to bars, he always prefered a booth in a corner. Whether it was slight paranoia or smart thinking, he enjoying having a full view of the room at all times.....

(ooc: Welcome back :D )

SashaKovalev
Dec 1st, 2002, 07:07:03 PM
(*grins* Thanks...)

The booth it was. They settled into their seats and Sasha found himself across the table from Silus.

Something about the guy made him slightly uneasy. It wasnt that he feared him, it was rather that he was wary. Or perhaps it was that he was itching for some sort of confrontation, and Silus seemed to be the one that would be capable of providing it.

Either way, he sunk back against the rather well worn cushioning of the booth. There was an ashtray on the table, and he pushed it towards Silus, an eyebrow raised in question. The one cigarette outside had been enough to satisfy the craving for him, but he didnt know Silus from a hole in the wall and so he made the offer.

Dae Jinn
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:05:01 PM
Dae followed the two men, glass in one hand, bottle in the other. She slipped onto the seat next to Sasha, and smirked.

"Soooo, what brings you two fine gentlemen to this neck of the woods?" She asked the two as she poured herself a drink.

(welcome back Sasha :) hope you had fun!)

SashaKovalev
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:19:41 PM
(Awww, thanks. Yeah, had a good time. :))

Sasha watched as Dae poured herself a drink. This was another thing that he knew about her - she liked to drink. And she liked it straight up. She was tough as nails when it came to swallowing down vodka. It was as if she'd been born doing it.

He gave a small shrug.

"Nothing important this time..." He replied with a small grin. And it was true. This trip had been for business, though nothing urgent and nothing he'd really had to do. He'd come more out of retlessness than anything else.

"Though I'd find a reason to come back if it meant I'd run into you again." He replied. He wasnt hitting on her - it wasnt a line - it was a compliment. Simple as that.

"Are we to assume you were sent here to keep the two of us from killing each other, or that you had some other business...?" He asked, a teasing tone making its way slowly into his voice.

He was still more than aware that across the table from him sat a man that he did not trust, but Dae's relaxed attitude had a way of lulling him into chilling out just a bit.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:50:33 PM
I doubt she was sent for that reason...My life is hardly in danger...

Silus ignored the ashtray in front of him. A cigarette for him was more of a prop than a fix, as of right now it wasnt needed. Sasha seemed to be welcoming a confrontation with Silus. Though he wasnt underestimating the Sith, he knew full well of his own capabilities, and how youthful cockiness could get one in trouble. It had nearly gotten Silus killed during his teenage years, on more than one occasion....

Dae Jinn
Dec 1st, 2002, 10:00:19 PM
"Though I'd find a reason to come back if it meant I'd run into you again."

She grinned, reaching up to ruffle his hair and laughed. The last time they had gotten together, they had lots of....fun. Dae's kind of fun. She wasn't exactly sure Sasha had had that kind of fun before.

She rolled her eyes. "I have better things to do than babysit you two."
She looked from one man to the other. "Why all tense? We're all friends here. Relax, have a drink."
With that, she downed the rest of the clear alcohol that was in her glass and smiled.

SashaKovalev
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:48:38 AM

Violet eyes looked across the table for a moment, contemplating. Silus’s words were taunting, and Sasha easily recognized the tone. Silus, it seemed, wanted this confrontation just as much as Sasha did.

Dae, it seemed, picked up n this vibe. She rolled her eyes at the two of them.

I have better things to do than babysit you two. Why all tense? We're all friends here. Relax, have a drink.

Sasha cast his gaze back to Dae.

“We might be friends….” He stated, meaning he and Dae, and then his gaze moved back across the table, violet eyes narrowed slightly.

“But I think its pretty clear that that the two of us are not.”

Silus Xilarian
Dec 2nd, 2002, 03:58:42 PM
A slight grin cracked across Silus' face as Sasha made the remark about friends. Silus' competive nature, mixed with Sasha's daring rhetoric was sufficient enough to provoke a conflict. In all actuality, Silus didnt wish any harm on Sasha. He'd actually taken a small liking to him, as both of them seemed alike in many ways. However, it was clear enough that respect would have to be established, rather than given....

Well, if you'll excuse me Daetana, I think I'll have a bit of fresh air.....

Silus offered a slight wink and a grin as he got up and exited the bar.

The earlier rain had been a mere drizzle, and had succeeded in little more than making the weather slighty more humid. It did serve some purpose though, as it did well to empty the streets some, as only a few people could be seen walking around. It was now that Silus decided to advertise his force presence, somewhat at least. Reaching out around him with the force, he left the surrounding people with a nervous feeling. A nervous feeling that would prompt them to leave. Silus and Dae were polar opposites in this sense, as Silus abhored needless killing of innocents, while Dae seemed to take a particular liking to it....

With the scene cleared of innocents, Silus was left waiting on Sasha's undoubted arrival....

SashaKovalev
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:13:31 PM
He couldn’t have missed the slight grin that appeared on the face of the man across from him. For a moment, their eyes met, and it was clear that a challenge hung in the air between them.

Well, if you'll excuse me Daetana, I think I'll have a bit of fresh air.....

Sasha watched as Silus offered a wink and a grin to Dae, then got up and left the bar. In this brief moment, Sasha could feel the slight apprehension he always got before a conflict. The brief clash of emotions and the small voice in his mind that told him not to let them get out of control.

He stood now, as well, and looked to Dae.

“Im sorry. Its just something I have to do.” He stated as he looked to her. He knew she wouldn’t be completely pleased about being left at the bar, but she was a big girl and could take care of herself, And something inside him was urging him on. The dark side had laid dormant for too long, and he wanted to feel the rush that came with a good fight. The feeling that the dark side brought when it settled around him, when it coursed through his veins. As he needed an occasional cigarette, this, too, he needed.

He knew that he would find Silus waiting for him outside. This was all that he really knew of him, besides the fact that the guy was cocky, liked to smoke cigarettes, and apparently was a good enough guy that Dae was friends with him. This should have been enough for him to lay down his attitude, he supposed, but it hadnt been. He was young and at times, cocky himself. Driven mostly by emotion, though on occasion he found it possible to think before he acted.

He held his saber in his hand as he stepped outside. He did not believe that Silus was underhanded enough to ambush him. In fact, he rather believed that the man did have some sense of honor about him. But he did want to be prepared. He was not too cocky to believe this would be an easy battle. Nor was he too cocky to believe he could potentially find himself in a life or death situation. But the challenge had been issued, and living by the Sith code, which called for there to be no fear, only power, the young knight went in search of Silus, in search of an outlet for the anger pent up within him.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:38:20 PM
Silus watched on as Sasha stepped out of the bar. The young sith walked out with his back turned to Silus, this was mostly purposeful on Silus' part. The Dark Jedi had no intention of ambushing the Sith, but this was a part of his game plan...

When Sasha turned around he would see Silus, simply standing, holding no weapons...It would be interesting to see how Sasha would react to this...

SashaKovalev
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:57:59 PM
As he stood there in the muggy heat of the afternoon, he did not see Silus. But he had learned, sight was not the only sense. There was the force, the dark side, and reaching out with it, he could feel the presence of Silus...

Behind him?

He turned to see the man standing there. Simply standing there. No weapons in hand.

It did not necessarily surprise him. Some force users preferred to fight with the use of the force, as opposed to sabers. And this, he was fine with. He was skilled with a saber, though, he certainly could have used some work. He was good at defensive moves, but his methods of attack were too driven by emotions to be wise.

He did not ignited his saber, but he did stare, for a moment at Silus.

And then he let his anger take control. With the use of the force, he gave Silus a vicious shove, from behind. It wasnt anything that would have knocked him over, but rather Sasha's own way of letting Silus know he wasnt the only one that could sneak up from behind.

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:52:48 PM
Dae sighed heavily, rolling her eyes again as she watched them leave the bar. She got up, taking her bottle with her, and walked out behind Sasha. The two of them were standing a little ways away from the bar entrance. She folded her arms over her chest and just watched.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:06:18 PM
Silus matched Sasha shove for shove, using his own force abilities. During his training, his strengths were too seperated. He was a natural athelete, though his training leaned more toward the mind persuation aspects of the force--Illusions mostly and a strong ability to somewhat control the weak minded. Now though, it seemed Silus had found a style of his own, and his strengths were beginning to meld themselves together. Terran Starek had found this out the hard way it seemed...

His force push was more or less a message to Sasha, rather than an offensive attack. Sasha's actions wouldnt go without a response. That was the message.

As the stare down continued, Silus casually reached behind his back, removing one of his sabers. With a sharp snap-hiss, the red blade sprang forward. It was time for the fun to begin....

SashaKovalev
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:28:27 PM
He got the message. Loud and clear. And as the red blade sprang forward, he too, ignited his saber. The orange blade came to life. It had seen much action since Mu Satach had gifted it to him. Had been returned to him by Maester Wargrave after he had taken it during a confrontation. Had been recovered during his battle with the Tatooine band of criminals. Had severed his own hand from his wrist at the bidding of his master. And today he would use it to battle Silus.

Violet eyes stared out from behind the blade as he held it in a defensive stance. When angered enough, he would strike. And the strike would be led by emotions. It was the Sith within him, and it would likely never be removed.

Though it drained energy from him to do it, he chose to use the control over the elements taught to him by Sith Master Malice Draclau to begin his assault. He had been practicing this talent since it had been taught to him, and while he had not perfected it, and was not past the point where he could use it extensively, he was capable of using it in battle.

He opened himself to the power of the dark side, and as tiny particles rubbed vigorously together, the power of the dark side working its magic upon them, flames sprang up from behind the spot where Silus stood. Sasha used this brief moment of distraction to close the distance between he and the dark jedi, the orange blade of his saber swinging in a strike fueled by anger and a natural aggression within him.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:30:01 PM
As Silus turned to see the flames behind him, Sasha charged him. He'd only turned for a moment to look, but had given Sasha enough time to close the gap between him. The sound of Sasha's feet pounding the ground, along with his own senses, alerted him to the incoming Sith. The glance behind his back became a full 360 degree turn. As he came back facing forward, he brought his saber around in a slightly upward strike. Using his own turning momentum with the strike, he deflected Sasha's saber to the side, and immediately followed in with a powerful downward strike toward Sasha's chest...

SashaKovalev
Dec 4th, 2002, 09:41:27 AM
His blade was deflected, and he barely brought his saber back in time to prevent his chest from being sliced in half. In fact, Silus was strong, and he was quick, and he had nearly driven Sasha’s own blade into himself. He could feel the energy of the blades as they sparked dangerously close to him. His violet eyes might have widened a bit in surprise. Not that he had taken Silus lightly, for he had not at all. But reality – the fact that at any moment he could meet his death – was always slightly shocking to him.

He liked living enough that any threat to that was not taken lightly at all. Yet, he liked fighting. Perhaps it was because of the anger pent up inside him. Fighting was a release, and despite the weary feeling, or the wounds, he could usually still find some sort of feeling of satisfaction after.

He used the force to push both blades away from him. In truth, he was a much better force user than he was a duelist. He had never played with swords of any sort before he’d been gifted this saber, and so the skill was still something he was working to perfect. Something he would be working his whole life on and still never be 100% satisfied with his performance.

During this brief standoff, Sasha shot Silus a dark look. Not with the intent to intimidate, for he was not foolish enough to think an evil glare would do such a thing, but because it was a natural reaction. It was the look a kid brother gave the older brother who was always picking on him sort of look. The, ‘you just wait until Im your same size’ sort of look.

And then he struck again, both hands on his saber as it cut horizontally through the air between them. It was a strike out of anger, out of uncontrolled emotions. It was fueled by the darkside, and was that of a Sith, power over fear, power fueled by a flurry of emotion.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 4th, 2002, 09:00:46 PM
Silus reeled back slightly as Sasha pushed both blades back. instead of coming back with a return attack, Silus braced himself for Sasha's next attack. As he set his right foot back slighty for balance, Sasha brought his saber in with a strong horizontal strike.

Sasha was striking at him in a rage, the young sith letting his emotions go unchecked. This was typical of a Sith, but it was something Silus frowned upon. In his eyes, anger was more powerful when controlled and focused. Letting it speak for you could lead you into your own demise. He didnt want this for Sasha. The kid had skill....

As Silus brought his own saber up to block, he gently hopped backward, letting the power from the strike push him slightly. As soon as his feet became planted again, Silus struck out with a weak horizontal strike. As his blade came forward, Silus prepared to hop back again. Hopefully, Sasha would throw another powerful strike forward to block. If he did, he would find himself throwing himself off balance and stumbling forward...and a lesson would be taught....

SashaKovalev
Dec 5th, 2002, 07:56:10 AM
Silus brought his saber up to block the attack, then pulled away quickly to strike out. It was a weak horizontal strike, and Sasha should perhaps have realized that something was up.

Silus was capable of much more than a feeble horizontal cut, this much Sasha should have known. It wasn’t a matter necessarily of using his brain over his emotions, but a matter of keeping his emotions under control. He had to learn to use his emotions, rather than let them use him.

He was foolish to think that it was he who controlled the dark side. He was too young, and not yet strong enough in the force to know complete control. It was the dark side who was the master, and Sasha did its bidding – striking out blindly in a fit of rage.

This method was effective, perhaps, when dealing with jedi. But not when dealing with the dark jedi who called upon those same emotions and understood the power of control over them

Like a true Sith, Sasha fed upon what he believed to be the weakness of another. The strike by Silus only fed Sasha’s hunger, and his next strike was loaded with emotion. It was a strike fed by a lust for confrontation, perhaps for blood. He expected the block to be stronger, or perhaps he did expect the block to come at all. But when it did, and when Silus stepped back, fully prepared for it, Sasha found himself off balance and stumbling forward.

He realized only to late the grievous mistake that he had made.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:35:02 PM
Rather than beheading Sasha as he fell forward, the treatment most of Silus' opponents would face in this situation, Silus sidestepped and kicked the Sith's feet out from under him. As Sasha fell forward to the ground, Silus backed up and drew his second saber, watching like a hawk as Sasha got to his feet...

SashaKovalev
Dec 6th, 2002, 08:49:25 AM
He held tightly to his saber as he fell, his elbow taking the brunt of the fall. The gravel of the street scraped the skin of his right hand as he tried to lessen the impact.

He recognized now the stupidity of his last move as he scrambled to his feet. Only to face Silus and two sabers.

This would be a first for him. He had never faced anyone who fought with two sabers before. Violet eyes looked momentarily to Silus and then in turn eyed each of the sabers. Without noticing, his right rubbed his right hand on his pants, brushing off the blood and dirt.

“You capable of smoking a cigarette at the same time?” He quipped in his rather dry sense of humor. He was referring to the fact that Silus, with his two sabers, looked almost like something out of a talent show competition.

He did not make any move to attack. He learned quickly, and would not make the same mistake twice. He was lucky, he knew, to have lived to learn from the last one.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:08:04 PM
A grin passed over Silus' face as Sasha commented on his dual sabers. He'd kept his cool. He was a quick learner....Silus was beginning to like him more and more...

There was another reason Silus had grinned at the comment. He had an idea....

Actually...now that you mention it...

An uneasy silence fell over the fight for a few moments as Silus' grin widened. Unknown to Sasha, an illusion was being crafted...

Sasha heard the distinct click of slugthrower's hammer being cocked back. When he turned around, he would see Silus with a two handed grip on a high powered slugthrower, aimed directly at Sasha's head. A lit cigarette drooped lazily from the illusion's mouth........

SashaKovalev
Dec 7th, 2002, 12:49:47 PM
“What the?!” He demanded under his breath, a few expletives tossed in for good measure. He made an effort to keep his cursing under control most of the time, for lately he had been serving as a diplomat of sorts for the order, and sounding like a stormtrooper on leave wasn’t going to get the job done.

Only moments before Silus had been right in front of him. And now, he was standin behind him holding a rather deadly weapon aimed at Sasha’s head. The young knight was familiar with illusions. Wargrave had used them on him during almost every encounter with him. At the time, he had been angry with this, but now, he could have thanked his ‘uncle’ for preparing him.

Though the illusion was perfectly done, something about it did not feel right to him. He had learned long ago not to trust what he saw, but rather what he felt. Eyes would deceive more often than not. He was not strong enough yet to conjure images of others or of himself, but he was able to do smaller illusions, of inanimate objects, and this, too, gave him the ability to determine that the image was not real.

But the illusion had been enough to momentarily distract him, and had Silus chosen, this moment would have been perfect for an attack.

But he hadnt, and so calmly, Sasha turned to look back at him – to the true image of Silus still holding dual sabers.

“And to think I sometimes pay to see entertainment like this…” Sasha commented, slowly shaking his head. Though his words sounded as if he were amused, any outward expression of amusement had faded.

“Had I known I’d get it for free I wouldn’t have bought tickets to the circus….” He added. His words were bold, but not entirely disrespectful. In fact, he had a better idea now of the talent he was dealing with, and his frame of mind began to move from offensive to defensive. This was a sign of respect from him. It was difficult for him to back down from anyone or any sort of conflict, but slowly he was beginning to understand that when he was bettered, he would have to learn to retreat, or he would likely not live to improve the skills he was lacking.

He wasn’t going to get the best of Silus. At least, not that he thought. And anger boiled within him at this fact. He hated having anyone able to beat him. And as the seconds ticked away and the anger built, the dark side took over. He was a slave to it as it forced his anger to the surface until he couldn’t contain it any longer.

With a violet tug of the force, he ripped the gutters from the building ledge just above Silus. They came hurtling toward the ground where Silus stood.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 7th, 2002, 08:02:01 PM
Both saber's disengaged as Silus sprang forward. The gutter above him had come down too quickly for him to react calmly too. Upon hitting the ground, Silus tucked and rolled, immediately jumping to his feet. The distance between himself and Sasha was now being closed extremely quickly, as both sabers ignited again...

As he closed in he brought his left arm across his body, holding both sabers low and to his right side. When he got a few feet from Sasha, he brought his left saber back across his body, slashing horizontally at Sasha, immediately following it with an overhanded strike with his right saber....

SashaKovalev
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:31:40 AM
He hadnt been planning on the attack with the gutters only moments ago. It had come purely from uncontrolled rage, and it had put him now in a difficult position.

Silus had closed the distance with his roll to safety, and now it was time for Sasha to learn how to battle someone with two sabers. As the horizontal strike came toward him, his saber slashed downward to ward it off. This left him entirely unprotected as the second saber came toward him in a strong overhanded strike.

He could feel it rather than see it, for he had been concentrating on the first blade. This awareness was not something new to him, but what was new was how comfortable he was beginning to be with it. It had become second nature to him now, while some time ago it had been an effort.

It was an indication of his progress as he continued his studies as a knight of the Sith Order.

With the force, he struck out in a smaller, but more concentrated blow, aimed at Silus's right wrist in an effort to either stop the blow momentarily, or if he was lucky, which he likely would not be, knock the saber from Silus's grasp.

And then his saber continued to move through its slash, coming to the left of his body. His right hand came to grip it as well as he made a diagonal cut up through the air towards Silus.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 8th, 2002, 04:52:25 PM
Silus' left saber was deflected toward the ground, rather expectedly. His right saber was en route to connecting though, when his hand was knocked away with the force, causing his right saber to come out of his hand. Sasha was already bringing his own saber back toward Silus in an upward diagonal motion. Rather than try to recover, Silus let his body turn with his arm. his left saber came directly up as he turned, and deflected Sasha's strike upward slightly, causing it to barely miss his head. As he was turned almost completely back around, Silus began backstepping, putting himself out of Sasha's striking range, allowing enough time to straighten himself out. He held his right hand out as he called his saber back to him.

Both sabers were now ignited in his hand again, as Silus slowly began to circle Sasha...

SashaKovalev
Dec 8th, 2002, 08:13:51 PM
He inhaled slowly and released the breath, trying to find his center while he had the chance. Gouyen had taught him this, and he had found it useful when in combat. It helped his control of the force, though when the dark side chose, he would give in to its call, always a slave to its whims.

He turned slowly as Silus circled him, his violet eyes never leaving the man. He knew another attack had to be coming and he wanted to be prepared.

His best chance, he thought, would be to defend, and to find, when he could, an opening to make a quick attack. But not a foolish one as he had done before. He wanted to leave with his head still connected to his body.

"I must be moving up in the galaxy if Im worth two sabers..." He commented, sracsm thick in his voice as he watched Silus warily.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 8th, 2002, 09:05:03 PM
Silus stopped pacing for a moment as Sasha spoke. His eyes narrowed at the young sith, though he kept silent. Slowly he turned and began pacing again. His breathing was picking up. His eyes stayed narrowed. His grip on the sabers in his hands tightened.

Back and forth. Silus paced....

SashaKovalev
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:32:22 AM
Silus stopped his circling for a moment, though he said nothing in return. And then he resumed the pacing.

It made Sasha feel a bit unsettled, though outwardly he showed no signs of this. It was difficult for him to show restraint and not make another foolish attack. Every fiber of him wanted to strike out, just seemed a natural reaction.

But with two sabers awaiting him, he knew it would be unwise.

"Is fighting with two really more effective?" He finally asked, breaking the silence. His question carried none of the sarcasm his last comment had carried. Instead there was perhaps a hint of curiosity to it.

He knew his comment could lead to several possibilites:

No response, an honest answer, or an attack to show him exactly how effective two sabers could be.

While he had not spoken in an effort to provoke the attack, he would have welcomed it rather than continuing to face the rather disquieting pacing of Silus.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:55:42 PM
Silus stopped again. Sasha's last comment struck a nerve with him. Not in a bad way though. He tilted his head slightly in curiousity toward the Sith. To say the least, the prospect of Sasha loosing his attitude and wanting to learn seemed rather interesting......

Would you like to see for yourself?

SashaKovalev
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:07:07 PM
He raised an eyebrow.

"If what you're asking is 'do I want to wind up losing a limb or my life in a demonstration', then the answer is no." He replied, tapping his saber lightly against the ground.

"I'd probably be just as content hearing and believing your answer in that case." He admitted rather honestly. There was no attitude in his voice as he spoke.

He didnt expect Silus to drop the confrontation and teach him, but he couldnt help being curious. He loved a challenge, and loved confrontation, but he was smart enough to know that there were some things that were better learned in practice than learning them for the first time in a real life situation. And this was one of those situations.

If he had no other choice, well, he would fight, certainly, but he was slowly learning, after a lesson by Wargrave, that sometimes it was smarter to back down.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:56:06 PM
If I wanted you dead or damaged in anyway, then I would have taken the opportunity when you fell earlier...

Silus disengaged the saber in his left hand. The streets had stayed empty so far, so there was no expectation of any unwelcomed guests.

Silus recognized skill when he saw it, and he knew as well as anyone that having a skilled ally could come in handy. Though it could appear otherwise, Sasha was a handful. Silus wouldnt lead this on, which was part of his overall style, but the fact still remained. The boy had potential. Thus far, Sasha had shown some willingness to stray from his teachings to adapt to a unique situation. More often than most, unique situations tended to be the best training one could get. It was a unique play for Silus to judge someone's honor this quickly, but he was assured. If Sasha tried to screw him over, then he would get a full demostration of Silus' skill, if not, then they both might leave with a little more than they came with.

After taking one last look at his saber, Silus tossed it to Sasha....

SashaKovalev
Dec 9th, 2002, 08:10:08 PM
If I wanted you dead or damaged in anyway, then I would have taken the opportunity when you fell earlier...

He took this comment with humilty. He had recognized it as a mistake himself, and now realized just how fortunate he truly had been.

Violet eyes flickered to the ground for a brief moment, then back to Silus as he heard one of the sabers disenage.

He was, admittedly surprised when it was then tossed to him. He caught it easily and then looked to Silus with a questioning expression and knew without a word what was being suggested.

Instantly, new respect was born. That Silus was confident enough to hand him the saber, and that there was the suggestion of trust, made the young sith a bit humbled. There was much he could learn, and if Silus was willing to show him, he wasnt going to miss out on the opportunity.

He looked the the saber for a moment, holding it in his right hand and then he ignited it. It felt strange to hold a saber in each hand, but only briefly. There was a balance to it, something natural to it.

He toyed with the sensation for a moment before he looked to Silus again. A boyish grin crossed his features, as he was unable to hide the excitement, and then it faded, replaced by his normally serious expression. He was intent to learn.

"Is there a trick to it?" He asked. He was left handed, and though he had from time to time held a saber in his right hand, it would take a lot of practice to get comfortable with it.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 9th, 2002, 10:32:09 PM
Silus stepped a bit closer, not in a threatening way, just to be able to speak a bit quieter...

The trick to it is, you have to get comfortable using both arms in combat. When I first started, I found it harder to keep my balance, as I didnt have a free arm to work with...

It has its advantages, obviously, as two swords are harder to block than one...But it comes at a price. You can forget over powering an opponent, as most of the time, you'll be going against a two handed strike to your one...

Rushing headfirst into a fight with two sabers is dangerous. Patience is the key. Careful setups, with room to adapt. No two opponents are the same. Always remember, with two sabers, precision over power...

Silus looked on inquisatively, curious to know how Sasha would digest his instruction. It was true, Silus wasnt a sith, and Sasha was. He didnt expect Sasha to drop what hes been taught and accept Silus' way. The advantage was, however, this wasnt strict training, merely an opportunity to learn...

SashaKovalev
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:37:34 AM
As Silus stepped a bit closer, Sasha lowered both sabers.

He listened intently, his gaze on both sabers as Silus spoke. His violet eyes narrowed slightly as he was told the trick to it. Patience and precision over power. Patience was not a strong suit of his. And precision over power…well….he had a bit more to learn in that department as well.

But he was willing to give it a try. It had been intimidating to him when Silus had stood there with both sabers. And he believed the obvious fact that Silus had pointed out that two swords are harder to block than one. He wanted to know how to do this, and truly believed it was something he should know in order to advance in his training. Even if the skills behind it did somewhat stray from the Sith philosophies.

As he looked up at the dark jedi, he noticed the questioning look that Silus seemed to give him, as if he found it curious to be teaching him something. Admittedly, Sasha was a bit surprised by it as well, but he wasn’t going to protest. To some degree he felt natural, as if he were back home, the older brother of one of his friends teaching him how to change the oil in his speeder.

Sasha stepped back a foot or two and slowly mimicked the move that Silus had made on him. He brought both of the sabers low and to his left side. And then the less comfortable right hand moved in a slow horizontal strike on an imaginary target while the stronger left hand came over the top.

He looked to Silus then.

“Did it take you a while to get used to it?” He asked.

He rather liked the feeling of it, but couldn’t see being confident enough in it to try it in a real situation. Not until he’d had a hell of a lot of practice.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:28:58 PM
Honestly, it did take awhile, but I shockboxed for awhile, so it didnt take me too long to adjust to using both arms. At first, I never started out a fight with both sabers, and I rarely do now.

At first, Id fight with one saber, and if I found a good opening, the second saber came out. Now I more or less open with one saber to get a feel for my opponents style first. You yourself, have a quick aggressive block. Thats why I came in from one direction rather than a scissor motion.

Usually, if you can start off at a slower pace, you can lead your opponent into opening himself. Even if you cant strike them then, you can usually speed up your strikes and overwhelm them...

Silus eyed the orange blade of Sasha's saber for a moment...

Did you build that one?

SashaKovalev
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:41:06 PM
He took this all in, nodding in understanding. It was interesting to hear from Silus that he had a quick, aggressive block. Sometimes strengths and weaknesses were best defined by those who were a step removed - those who could look upon it and judge openly.

As Silus eyed his saber, he disengaged it and held it out.

"To a degree....I had a little help in the end from a....friend" He replied, the visit from Mu vividly in his mind. He would never forget the visit from her. Not only had she helped him with his saber, but she had taught him a very valuable lesson about the darkness and pain that existed in the galaxy.

"Ive built one since then, but I gave it to someone." He added, thinking that perhaps when he returned to the castle he would work on constructing a second saber for himself.

"It took me a while to figure it out though..." He admitted, a slight grin on his face as he recounted exactly how many times he had thrown a fit and hurled the partially constructed saber out into the hallway, against the wall in his room, anywhere where it would make a satisfactory noise....

Silus Xilarian
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:05:49 PM
Silus nodded in understanding. An empty street really wasnt an ideal place for any extensive saber training. They'd gotten what they needed out of there system, and it would probably be wise to leave the scene...

Have you ever been to Balmorra by any chance?

SashaKovalev
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:21:09 PM
Sasha had just disengaged Silus's second saber when he'd asked him about Balmorra.

His expression was clearly that of surprise at the mention of the planet.

Slowly, he nodded.

"Uh, yeah. I've been there." He replied, not revealing anything else at the moment. He was hardly ashamed to be the nephew of a certain grand admiral who lived there, but he wasnt about to broadcast it either.

"Why do you ask....?" He questioned as he handed Silus's saber back to him.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:27:50 PM
Crowds are starting to near.....we wont have this street privately much longer, plus, Id like to see where Dae wandered off too....

Silus took his saber back and clipped it back onto his belt...

I have a place on Balmorra, if you wish to build another saber, or to train, or both. I'll also contact my Master, Im sure he'd be interested in dropping by....

SashaKovalev
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:34:30 PM
The offer did take him by surprise. And it took only a moment before a broad grin spread across his face.

He nodded. He missed hanging out with the guys as he had back home. At the order, his closest friend was a woman who was very much like a sister to him. And while he enjoyed her company, she just wasnt...well..one of the guys.

"I'll take you up on that offer." He replied.

He had been about to ask about Silus's master when something happened to distract him. It was Dae, of course, stepping out of the tavern, the sounds of chaos following closely in her path.

Perhaps she had gotten a bit bored in their absence. They had kept her waiting for a bit too long....

Dae Jinn
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:39:34 PM
OOC. Sorry boys, no internet in my apartment for the past week :cry I'm back now though.

IC.

Dae, meanwhile, had gotten bored with watch their male "bonding" and had wandered back inside. Now she walked slowly back out, a new bottle in her hand. A broken one in the other. She gave them both a shrug and a grin.

"Done playing yet?"

SashaKovalev
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:11:01 PM
Sasha gave a quick glance to Silus, and then looked back to Dae.

"Yeah, I think we are...." He replied with an easy going grin.

"Sorry we kept you waiting..." He added, an apologetic tone actually entering his voice.

Dae Jinn
Dec 12th, 2002, 04:22:12 PM
"Pfft." She grinned, and tossed the broken bottle over her shoulder, walking out into the street. People were just starting to come back, and it was begining to get crowded. She sidled over to Sasha. "It's fine, I made my own fun inside the bar...But, it's time to go."

SashaKovalev
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:34:39 PM
He shook his head and could only imagine what had gone on inside the bar while they had been gone. Dae had a knack for....chaos.

"Time to go where....?" He asked, not quite ready yet to part ways.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 13th, 2002, 05:01:22 PM
Your own fun?....

Silus started to peep in the door to see what had happened, but decided against it. He knew of a few things she did for fun. One of them wouldnt involve a broken bottle, and the rest didnt really seem to be something that would be done in a crowded bar...

Silus drew his own conclusions and was satisfied...

Well, I may know of somewhere, but its not within walking distance, and my speeder only sits two people....

SashaKovalev
Dec 16th, 2002, 10:29:30 AM
Well, I may know of somewhere, but its not within walking distance, and my speeder only sits two people....

Sasha pretty easily got the point and without a question, somewhat gracefully bowed out.

“You two go ahead…” He suggested, a somewhat amused expression crossing his features.

He didn’t doubt that he would see Dae again sometime soon. She was always popping up when he least expected it. And always, her appearance added something to his day.

And Silus…well…the conclusion to their confrontation had ended on such a different note, he was still, to some extent, taking it in. He didn’t really doubt that when he went to Balmorra again that he would seek him out.

“I’ve got something I’ve got to take care of anyway…” He added.

Dae Jinn
Dec 16th, 2002, 10:44:25 AM
Dae gave Silus a somewhat skeptical look, then the same look to Sasha.
"Yeah...well...ha ha..." She ran a hand through her hair, and half shrugged. "I guess we can go...Are you sure you don't wanna come along Sasha?"

SashaKovalev
Dec 16th, 2002, 11:29:20 AM
Sasha turned to Dae and grinned.

"Im sure, Dae." He responded, nodding his head.

"As long as you promise to take it easy on him..." He added, his voice teasing as he nodded towards Silus.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:25:39 PM
Oh come on....one of you has to have a speeder...

He really didnt wanna split off just yet, as they were just now getting aquainted. Also, he'd just gotten a replacement for a recently blown engine. It would be fun to test it out....

You guys could just follow me, that is, if you could keep up...

Dae Jinn
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:34:20 PM
"Ha."

Dae reached into her pocket, taking out a small com device. She flicked it on, and spoke into it in her native tongue. She clicked it off, returning it to her pocket.
"There, another speeder is on it's way...That is, if you can wait for it to arrive."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:38:02 PM
Wait here, i'll go pull my speeder around...

Silus began to walk off. He'd gotten a good distance away from where he parked after following Sasha. Hopefully, he'd arrive slightly after Dae's speeder arrived. It would be more fun if she didnt know what she was up against just yet...

SashaKovalev
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:22:57 PM
It appeared that he was going along for a ride whether he wanted to or not. And so he waited with Dae for her speeder while Silus went to get his.

“So how do you know this guy, anyway?” He asked Dae after Silus had begun to walk away.

His words were not asked in condemnation of any sort, but rather because he was now curious about the dark jedi who had actually stopped fighting with him and begun to teach him something of fighting with two sabers.

Dae Jinn
Dec 17th, 2002, 01:42:58 PM
"Basically, a certain someone was chasing me, trying to kill me, and Silus lent me a hand...And a rail gun. It was a bit messy..." She laughed. "He's an okay guy, I guess."

A speeder came slowly up the street, driven by a tall man, with dark hair and eyes. He smiled as he saw Dae, stopping short in front of them. When he spoke, it was in the same strange language Dae had used on the com.
"Hello Miss Dae.You called?"
Dae spoke back to him, and then smiled at Sasha. "Well, we're ready, just have to wait for Silus now..."

SashaKovalev
Dec 17th, 2002, 04:28:42 PM
He could only imagine the mess Dae had gotten herself into. She had quite a knack for those sorts of things it seemed.

He cast a slightly appraising eye at the speeder as it arrived, and then looked back to Dae. He wasnt familiar with the language they spoke, but took the cue from Dae that this was the speeder she had sent for, and that this man was trusted by her.

He nodded as she suggested that all they had to do now was wait for Silus. As he waited, his curiosity over their final destination grew.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:45:37 PM
A slight growl was heard around the corner of the building. It wasnt from an animal or a human, though, as the front end of a speeder came around the corner. Chances were, neither Sasha nor Dae had ever seen anything like this, as the speeder itsself was a new prototype. Just happens that Silus has friends in some very odd places...

Silus pulled up beside Dae's speeder and rolled the window down...

You guys think you can stay with me?

Dae Jinn
Dec 17th, 2002, 10:37:28 PM
(ooc - Daes speeder has no top on it lol)

Dae laughed, and said something to her pilot. He smirked and climbed out of the speeder. He grinned widely at Sasha.
"You drive." He said in a deep voice before climbing into the backseat. Dae slid into the passanger side, patting the seat next to her.

"Come on, hurry up."

Silus Xilarian
Dec 17th, 2002, 10:40:04 PM
Silus revved his engines, letting the growl give a small hint of what they had in store. As Sasha looked back, Silus shot a wide-eyed, taunting, mock excitement look his way...

SashaKovalev
Dec 18th, 2002, 08:25:41 AM
As Silus pulled up with his speeder, Sasha gave it a somewhat admiring once over. He’d wanted, growing up, to be a fighter pilot, and ships and speeders – anything with power behind it had intrigued him. It was no wonder, really, that he had entered the Sith order, where power was an overwhelming theme.

You guys think you can stay with me? Sasha had chuckled at Silus’s question and looked toward Dae. She had merely laughed and spoken with her pilot. This had resulted in the man climbing from the speeder.

You drive. He’d said before climbing into the backseat. And then Dae slid into the passenger side.

Come on, hurry up! She’d urged. At this point, Silus revved his engines, and Sasha looked back to catch the wide-eyed, taunting, expression. He shook his head and grinned, understanding fully what Silus was suggesting.

Had it just been him in the speeder, without passengers, there wouldn’t have been a moment of delay in accepting the challenge. He was generally a somewhat reckless kid. He flew the same way he lived his life – letting his emotions get the best of him.

But Dae’s beckoning expression and the fact that it was Silus taunting him made it just as easy, this time, to agree. Without a word, he slid into the bucket seat of Dae’s speeder.

“You might want to buckle up…” He suggested , as he looked to her with a grin. His expression carried amusement in it, but changed to determination as his violet eyes fell on the dashboard. A challenge was a challenge, and his competitive spirit took over.

With his foot on the clutch, he shifted the speeder into gear. He let it rev a little, trying to get a precursory feel for the machine as he reached for his own seatbelt. He had a feeling it was going to be a wild ride….

Dae Jinn
Dec 18th, 2002, 09:22:35 AM
Dae grinned back, slipping her seat belt on, and winked over at Silus. "Let's go already, I wanna see what you boys can do"

Silus Xilarian
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:44:23 PM
Silus glanced over for a minute...

Skylanes.....First red light...

With that, Silus rolled his windows up and strapped on his own seatbelt. It wasnt that he was worried about a wreck, as those things didnt cross his mind. It was more or less for the sheer fact that he had almost been thrown out of his seat once while powering out of a sharp left turn.

Silus glanced over once more and smoothly took off...

SashaKovalev
Dec 20th, 2002, 09:38:24 AM
Skylanes.....First red light...

Sasha nodded in understanding, and then as Silus had, they pulled away from the spot where they had been, the engine idling eagerly, it seemed, as if it wanted bragging rights as much as the one who was now in command of it.

He gave it some gas, letting the clutch out as he did. It was a smooth ride, Dae’s speeder, and briefly, he glanced over at her and grinned.

“You ever really test her out?” He asked her as they shifted into the next gear.

Dae Jinn
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:40:51 PM
"I...don't drive." She grinned, and nodded back to the smiling man who sat behind them. "He drives."
She rested her arm out the window, brushing her hair out of her eyes as they followed Silus, gaining ground quickly.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 20th, 2002, 08:20:01 PM
Silus checked his rearview momentarily....Sasha was finally catching up. Hopefully, Sasha wasnt already bearing down on Dae's speeder. If he were, they were in for a really short race...

After confirming that Dae and Sasha were keeping up, Silus hooked in a datapad to a port, stationed right beneath the stereo. Immediately, engine temperatures, air flow readouts, and other such information came on screen. Everything was running well. The current air temperature was almost perfect for optimal power, even if it was a few degrees off.

Silus smiled in approval at the condition of his speeder, as he slowed to a stop at the first redlight....

SashaKovalev
Dec 30th, 2002, 03:53:52 PM
I...don't drive. He drives.

Sasha shook his head as if to show his complete and utter disbelief that someone would own a speeder and not max it out from time to time just to see what it could do. Wasn’t that one of the first lessons in getting to know what the vehicle could and couldn’t do? It was like slamming on your brakes in a snowstorm just to see if the surface was slippery or not.

With that, he’d turned back to the path in front of them and given it just a little more. It had plenty of power behind it, like a stallion waiting in the gate before the race began. Just prancing and waiting for its turn.

At the light, he downshifted, revving it just a bit. The soft hum of the engine turned to a roar – the tiger waiting to spring into action.

He glanced over at Silus, a cocky grin moving over his features.

“Is that all she’s got?” He joked, referring to the less than racecar pace they’d been moving at thus far.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 30th, 2002, 10:25:15 PM
Silus looked back over and smiled. Without saying a word, he reached down and hit a button on the datapad. Immediately, his engines idled up a bit, as the vents on the outside were opened completely to allow maximum airflow to the engines. The engines growled a little more deeply now as Silus revved them up waiting for the stop light to change...

SashaKovalev
Dec 31st, 2002, 09:59:58 AM
Sasha allowed a quiet chuckle and then gave a brief glance at the control panels. The expression on his face darkened as his competitive side took over.

He canted his head slightly to direct a question to Dae’s driver.

“:Whats this thing got, anyway?” He asked, wanting to know as much as he could about the machine in the two seconds left before the light turned…..green.

The take off was less than smooth, but more the kind a roller coaster gives when it lurches into action. Not that it was a bad take off, mind you, but it was aggressive and considered less the comfort of its passengers and more getting a good jump out of the starting gate.

The engine roared as the needle on the tachometer rose steadily into the red zone of being maxed out. But there was still a little jump left, and so Sasha pushed it before he shifted to the next gear.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Silus, but the other speeders had been left behind – now there were only those that lay ahead….

Dae Jinn
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:42:14 PM
Dae laughed as they sped up quickly, Silus matching them and nearly passing them.

<font size=1>ooc. sorry it's not much, dunno jack about "cars"</font>