PDA

View Full Version : Blind Luck

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 25th, 2002, 01:30:39 PM
Today the cloud-cover seemed particularly scarce for your average Coruscant day but that was not cause for complaint since Loki was happy to take advantage of what sunshine was available. Fortunately enough, Anbira, who must also enjoy the sun, requested to meet him for a training session not in one of the bland training rooms but instead outside a floral biodome on Jedi premises.

This was a first for the boy who in his regular training tunic and surcoat sat cross-legged on a spot of grass, watching the distant traffic lanes weave in and out of far-reaching buildings and industral regions and their billowing smoke. Lately his attention seemed to be diverted from the daily life of the temple and it's inhabbitants and rather, focused on distant and seemingly more interesting things.

To be fair it was his fourth day back at the temple after having been gone for three months, hidden away on Fascinataru for most of the time with Vega Van-Derveld and Lady Daiquiri. Now he seemed to be a boy with fewer worries and concerns burdening him although a melancholy longing to be held and loved haunted him deep inside and by being so distant and by pondering on things of little relevence was he able to escape the feeling of loss.

He stood up and snapped to attention. His master was here.

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:25:20 AM
Ah. Greetings, young Padawan. You look well this morning.

:: Anbira stood in the open "meadow" of the biodome, hands clasped behind his back. All around, the scents and sounds of nature greeted the senses. ::

Are you ready to resume your training? You've done very well thus far, and it is time to strengthen your connections to the living force around you.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 27th, 2002, 01:58:03 PM
"Good morning, master." Loki bowed, withholding a forwn. He didn't feel as well as he might look, he thought to shun his concerns for the time being concluding he was probably just a little depressed and confused.

"Yes, most definately ready to continue." He declared with an enthusiastic smile after which they embarked on a gentle stroll that lead into the interior of the biodome. Inside it was humid and warm, the fragrances that seeped out onto the lawn were magnified to intoxicating degrees inside.

"A question about the Living Force, master." He said casually, he looked up and was given the go-ahead to continue. "The Living Force is what out senses feel immediatly; feelings generated by life specifically in close proximity of yourself presumably--" They stopped in the middle of an area densly inhabbited by lush and extravagant flowers extended on green, winding vines some laced with thorns. The boy looked about briefly. "--so what is it that generates visions of the future?"

He went silent for a moment but before Anbira answered, he shrugged and asked, "Say for example dreams. If a Jedi dreams, is he seeing the future?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 2nd, 2002, 03:59:29 PM
That, Loki, is the unifying force. It is the sense of things vast and infantecimal, all at once. It is an innate intuition into logic and chaos, as both are intertwined in all things, no matter how opposed they may be. Look to the smallest of things, the atom, and to the pieces that make it up. If you know where one is, you cannot know where it is going. Conversely, if you know where it is going, you cannot know where it is. There are many paradoxes to bridge the gap over, and above the supposition of philosophers, the greatest tool in this is the Force.

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:38:27 PM
"And the atoms--" He immediatly responded, then with curiosity asked, "--do you see where they are going?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:24:43 PM
:: Anbira smiled. ::

Perhaps it is not best to be taken so literally. It is, after all, but a parable. Yet, with enough training, perhaps you can. It is not a skill that I have honed. Yet, the point of the parable remains, in that the Force can bridge the gaps between questions and answers. Without the Force, order and chaos would annihilate one another.

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:36:47 PM
Loki grinned and nodded. Despite his own intelligence, sometimes his masters wisdom was a little enigmatic. In time, as he discovers with most things Anbira tells him, he will understand properly the meaning behind his words.

"So--" He said casually, glancing about their surroundings. "--why are we here today?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:43:51 PM
To expand upon the senses.

:: With a gesture of the hand, Anbira drew Loki's spectacles from his face, sending them floating through the air, to his awaiting grasp. With his other hand, the cloth belt of his robe slid out, and snaked towards the padawan, gently folding and wrapping around his eyes, the ends tying gently behind his head. ::

Can you see anything?

Levi Argon
Dec 4th, 2002, 01:23:04 PM
Delete me. :)

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 4th, 2002, 01:24:04 PM
"Yes, your belt." Loki chuckled in response. He then straightened up, more serious. "No, not a thing. But give me a moment and I--"

He went quiet and relaxed, he was almost ready to begin to focus when he broke his concentration to ask eagerly, "Oh! Will this be like lighhtsaber combat training? You gonna throw stuff at me?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 10th, 2002, 04:54:27 PM
What do you feel, Loki? Search around you. This place is a sanctuary of life. Can you feel it all around you?

See if you can catch a butterfly. Remember, it is not as simple as finding where one is. The connection between yourself and other life must be a two way street.

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:28:31 PM
When Anbira starts to talk, his voice falls from his lips like silken bedsheets, wrapping you up all safe and warm. The boy smiled, still wearing his make-shift blindfold and lrt out a relaxed sighed.

"A two way street..." He repeated to himself quietly. Almost on cue, the noise dissipated into nothing more than an ambiance and the darkness and chaos began to take shape in his mind. Things started to make sense, moreso than even when he had the use of his eyes. Now the young padawan saw more than any normal person with greater precision and understanding.

"Butterflies...butterflies...butterflies..." He whispered, as his feet innitially unsturdy began moving about. His arms reached around him, fingers moving out of the way of plants, tables and birdcages before they came to touch. Then he suddenly lunged and snapped with his right hand.

"Gotcha!" There was a crash, and the feeling of damp soil on his hands and boots. Around his feet were broken pieces of ceramic from the plantpot that once stood upon the table and the butterfly fluttered away from the spot where it had once rested and found a new home.

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 10th, 2002, 06:02:20 PM
Be mindful of the living force, but do not let it distract you from your surroundings. You must feel all around you.

:: These minor pitfalls were to be expected, and Anbira was patient with his student ::

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:36:22 AM
"Multitasking with the Force." The boy said aloud and cringed. It was difficult to focus on one thing at the best of times. He concluded he would just have to comprimise and find a happy medium.

In thought, Loki rubbed the damp soil between his thumb and forefinger. He recognised the smell immediatly, fresh and fertile soil. Just like back home and for a moment whilst holding it, the young padawan fancied he could feel a steady rythmn, like a pulse, coming from the soil. For the first time he was beginning to accept that all live generates energy and have their own signature. Perhaps this is what is meant by the Living Force.

"Butterflies..." He recited once more, slowly navigating his way through the interior of the biodome. When snap! He brought his hand to his chest with his fingers partially closed, turning to face Anbira he smiled at the feel of wings beating against his skin.

"I think I caught one, master." He said, then opened his hand setting the butterfly free. "I think I know what you mean by a two way street. Not only did I reach out with my feelings for the butterfly but seemingly, it in return, generated a homing beacon of sorts that pulled me in. Whether it was the fluttering of wings or the beating of it's heart, I think that butterfly was telling me where it was."