PDA

View Full Version : New Red Sox GM

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 25th, 2002, 12:36:40 PM
The Red Sox finally hired a new GM and he is not much older than me

http://www.boston.com/sports/redsox/news/112502_new_gm.htm

I think he is the youngest GM in MLB history hopefully he can improve the club.

JMK
Nov 25th, 2002, 04:32:11 PM
Well good luck to the guy! It's definetly going to be a challenge for the guy. Heck, half of his players are older than him!

Jedieb
Nov 25th, 2002, 05:52:23 PM
I just saw him in a press conference. Holy cow, it looked like the Happy Days episode in which Richie had to make a big speech in school while the Fonz gave him moral support from his motorcycle in the school parking lot. Actually, every episode of Happy Days was kind of like that.

CMJ
Nov 25th, 2002, 08:55:41 PM
LOL! :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:30:43 PM
Yeah he is young, and he has a lot of decisions to make first what to do about the big three. Pedro, Nomar and Lowe are all free agents at the end of 2004 and there will have to be a decision, I think they should wait, I am not sure what Pedro has left, he could blow out his arm this year and be done for all I now. Nomar I would resign to a long contract. Now some idiots have been saying they should trade Nomar, I say no way, that is stupid heck if we trade Nomar and keep Pedro, Pedro will just break down and Nomar will lead some team to the WS that is why that is so stupid. Hopefully they will make the right decision there.

Jedieb
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:38:34 PM
Where is he going to have contract negotiations, Chuck E. Cheese?:evil

JMK
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:47:10 PM
I hereby declare this the start of the "young 'un" assault on Theo! :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:58:48 PM
Ouch, :lol well at least he is Nomar's age maybe they can see eye to eye better.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 26th, 2002, 12:28:35 PM
Well Jedieb you aren't the only joking about his age here are some comments by a colluminst from the Boston Globe

"The Sox are having The Discovery Channel piped into their executive offices ... Theo can't be on ''Sports Final'' because it's after his bedtime ... Epstein gets to throw out the first ball at Fenway's annual Kids Opening Day ... He's looking forward to someday watching ''Thirtysomething'' re-runs ... Theo's favorite Red Sox player is Wally the Green Monster.

A clever WEEI Whiner Liner yesterday said that Lucchino now has a bumper sticker on his car that reads, ''My GM was Student of the Month at Brookline High School.''
"Theo's still too young to run for president, but at least he's able to rent a car and he can get into a saloon if he uses his ID."

Still I heard somebody say that Yankees GM Brian Cashman was only 30 when he became GM of the Yankees and he has done a pretty good job.

Sene Unty
Nov 26th, 2002, 12:43:04 PM
:lol <----to all those things Carr!

The guys like ten! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey everyone i am putting in my reseme for the Marlins GM....Hell I can't make the team any worse :D

Jedieb
Nov 26th, 2002, 01:23:00 PM
Yeah, but Cashman never looked THAT young! That guy looks like he still gets carded whenever he goes to see Rated R movies.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 26th, 2002, 09:42:59 PM
He does have a Baby Face :p Still he has experience he used to be in the San Diego system as a scout and in charge of Player Development for since he was 19, so he has 10 years experience, and they will put guys around him who know what they are doing. Maybe going younger is a good thing, our last guy was about 50 and the one before that had to be in his 60's. Hey I am optimist which is odd for a Red Sox fan :p

And if Sene is going to run for the Marlins job maybe JMK should put a resume in for Expos I doubt he could run them any worst :p