PDA

View Full Version : Attention Council - A promotion request

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 25th, 2002, 06:01:14 AM
As I had ordered, my Padawan was following me as I came into the Council Rooms. Here, the Jedi Council met to discuss business, to reflect on the Force...

And to consider if Padawans were ready to be Knighted.

In some ways, I regretted not having this day for myself. It was true however, when I came to the Jedi to join, I was far too learned and strong already to become a Padawan, for sitting here I had faced and even defeatd while in the armour of Lord Fire Blade. For a while I was simply Jedi, until time came when I believed it was necessary for myself to help the Order and take a Padawan.

I believed I could hardly have hoped for a better one.

"Jedi Council, forgive me but I wish to bing forth something that you may well find favourable. For sometime I have trained a Padawan, Oraidin. He knows not of his past, but he clearly has a future within our ranks. I have trained him as best I can in many of the Jedi arts, he is proficent in all bar sabre skills - he is not a Warrior like I am. This skill will come, time and practice which all Jedi must do anyway. He has read and studied well, he has gone on missions with the Jedi, he has always been thoughtful, restrained, calm and at peace with himself. It was possible I could have come forth sooner to ask of this, but I have wished to make sure his training was complete - and today he shows to me it is. He has created and built his own sabre, by himself with no assistance as I requested of him."

"Thence" I stated, glancing to see what Oraidin's reaction was goign to be "I now put him forth for promotion to Jedi Knight."

Oriadin
Nov 25th, 2002, 06:34:25 AM
Oriadin followed Helenias, not entierly sure of where she was taking him. They eventually arrived at the council chambers. What was going on? The two of them stood shoulder to shoulder before the council and Oriadin bowed as a mark of respect.

Helenias began a short speach and the Padawan instantly knew what she was getting at. He had suspected this day would come as he felt his training was begining to come together but he was still suprised to see it happening now, and out of the blue like this. Perhaps he had reached a change in his time as a Jedi. From Padawan to Knight. That was for the council to decide.

Rather than thinking of the future, Oriadins thoughts were on his time here at the Jedi Order. Helenias had taught him so much and she had always looked out for him. It was almost as if a mother had told her child they were ready to take on the big wide world. It was a proud moment but he couldnt help but feel slightly sad that his time as Helenias Q'Dunn's padawan could be coming to an end.

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:23:13 AM
Oriadin's promotion has been long overdue, and such is worthy of my endorsement.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 25th, 2002, 02:16:22 PM
"Aye. Oradrin has served well as a Padawan and now will serve everyone better as a Knight."

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 25th, 2002, 04:45:20 PM
She looked towards Oriadin and then towards Helenias, nodding in agreement to what has been stated.

AmazonBabe
Nov 25th, 2002, 08:47:16 PM
:: AB looked at Helenias, smiling. ::

Your Padwan has shown for quite some time that he is indeed worthy of being lifted to the rank of Knighthood.

My blessing is given in promoting him to such.

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:55:20 AM
"I agree with my fellow council members... He is indeed worthy of the title Knight."

Oriadin
Nov 26th, 2002, 04:09:09 AM
Oriadin's eyes darted from one council member to the next. Waiting for them to cast their vote. It was quite a nervous thing but the padawan kept hold of his emotion and just listened. After the majority of the council members gave their vote of confidence, along with a few of them saying how well he had done he felt pleased that they felt he had done his job well.

His eyes darted to the side, now glancing at Helenias. He was thankfull to her for her patience and her teachings. He hoped this wouldnt be the last time they would work together and then he remembered a certain vision she had and knew they would work as a team again.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 26th, 2002, 05:30:56 AM
For myself it was a nervous wait to hear out the Council... for it was also judging how well I had done my work. As I heard Ryla's vote, I breathed out a breath I had not realised I had been holding. "Thank you Council for your swift attention to this matter." I stated as I bowed before those who were gathered.

"My Padawan" I said, turning to address Oraidin for the final time as that title, "Oriadin, allow me to have the honour of naming you. I am proud of what you have achieved. Congratulations Jedi Knight Oriadin and May the Force be with you. Now please, before you go elsewhere.... please come with me"

Oriadin
Nov 26th, 2002, 06:07:21 AM
Oriadin bowed to the council and turned to face Helenias as she spoke to him. She seemed proud and Oriadin couldnt help but smile as he realised he had come to a new era as a Jedi. He bowed to his, now previous master then stood upright. He looked at her in a strange way and stepped forward to give her a hug. He couldnt think of an approprite thing to say. Thankyou wasnt enough.

--I couldnt have done it without you. Thankyou Master--

He paused briefly.

--Helenias--

He smiled and followed her out as she asked him to follow her.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:17:27 PM
“Congratulations, Jedi Knight Oriadin. This honour is truly well bestowed.”

Oriadin
Dec 13th, 2002, 02:53:42 AM
--Thankyou, Dasquian.--