PDA

View Full Version : Exploring!

samantha
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:22:43 PM
(continued from <a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25143&perpage=20&pagenumber=1>here</a>)

Samantha had woken up in the bed where Dalamar had left her, slipped out of the room and was now exploring the Shrine. She was careful not to touch anything, because Mister Dalamar had told her not to. That doesn't mean she wouldn't explore the huge house he had brought her to.

She reached up, gently turning the knob on one of the many doors and tip-toed inside. Her little mouth dropped open slightly; it was the prettiest room she had seen! "I bet a princess lives here!" She thought as she walked quietly through the room....

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:59:40 PM
Alana sat in a dark shadow curled up in a chair. Her eyebrows rose slightly as the small girl entered. She had heard about Samantha, from Dalamar. He seemed to have taken a liking to her. Alana smiled as the child's eyes went wide at the sight of the opulent surroundings. All things were beautiful in the Shrine, but Alana had went to many lengths to acquire her furnishings.

If Dalamar decided he wanted he child to stay, Alana would herself give the child a room only dreamed of. She to found the innocence of children interesting. The small girl seemed to have no fear wandering the cavernous catacombs of the Shrine, and that pleased Alana deeply.

"Come in little one." Alana's soft voice floated from the shadows. A small chant could be heard and the candles in the room flared to life. Throwing a soft glow on Alana's ageless beauty. Her eyes switching colors, from green to blue, as fast as the candles flames pulsed.

samantha
Nov 25th, 2002, 12:06:36 AM
She squealed, a bit frightened by the sudden flare of the candles when a soft female voice spoke. She turned and smiled at Alana, her voice cheerful as only a childs would be.

"Hello. Are you the princess?"

She walked slowly over to where Alana sat, leaning in close to look at her. She was very beautiful, and reminded Samantha of her mother when she got dressed up to go to fancy parties.

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 25th, 2002, 12:14:48 AM
Alana's throaty voice chuckled at the child's comment. "No little one I am no princess. But then who says we have to carry the title to live as they do?" she ran a finger tip over the girls soft cheek as he spoke. The girl was a beauty, inquisitive, unmarred by time. Her small beautiful face glimmered with life.

"Do you like it here Samantha?" Alana uncoiled her long legs from the chair. Her arms reaching for the girls small form. Alana drew her to her lap. "Does this place not frighten you in the least?"

samantha
Nov 25th, 2002, 12:27:52 AM
She snuggled up a little on Alanas' lap. She was surpised ho cold the womans skin was, but she didn't mind it. She smiled.

"Yes, I like it here very much. It's much better than sleeping outside...Mister Dalamar is very nice, and everyone else I have met have been nice too. Why would it frighten me? I like it a lot better than bein outside in the dark."

She frowned, thinking of her parents. "I miss my mummy and daddy, but maybe they'll find me here..."

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 26th, 2002, 11:44:39 PM
Alana was quiet surprised by the apparently fearless chid. Alana brushed her cheek against the girls soft hair. It was the one thing Alana would regret, she would never know the pleasure of being a mother. Not that she would have made a good one, being a bounty hunter.

"Tell me little one, how did you come to be here? Where did you last see your parents? Alana's voice was soft and soothing. She did not want the child upset by the questions asked...

samantha
Nov 27th, 2002, 11:10:41 AM
"We were staying in house far away from here and they were gone, I looked and looked and I couldn't find them anywhere. I don't know where they went to...." She whispered softly. "I walked and walked, and I couldn't find them. I was at the gates, and Mister Dalamar came out and brought me here."
She sighed a little, scrunching up her eyes to stop the tears that were forming there from falling.
"I hope they're okay...I really miss them."

Lord Soth
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:36:00 PM
A bone chilling coldness filled Alana's lavish room as she spoke with the small child regarding her family and how she came to be at the Shrine of the Damned. A frosty mist formed at each small breath that Samantha took. Melancholy thought's fell over the young child's mind accompanied by a dreadful fear that was tinged with a sweet fragrance that perfumed and lofted on the crisp air. From the shadowy recess's of the room the Death Knight of old spoke in low smooth tone's that were only known to Alana's open mind...Soth's presence to the little girl was not noted as his fierce eye's studied her every movement...

"It is unwise to turn someone so young my sister in blood...Forbidden to our kind as well..."The Death Knight word's were as sharp and crisp as the room about them.

"Would you deny her the simple life you cherished so long ago?...Bondage to a life that will only result in bitter regret's, tear's of pain for what she would one day realize she could never have,...Never be." The truth and realization of Soth's haunting word's tore at the very heart of Alana as she glanced to were she thought the Death Knight to be.

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:40:12 PM
Alana's hand moved over the girls soft hair. Comforting the child as much as herself. Alan's eyes grew fierce and hurt at Soth's bitterly truthful words. She knew it was forbidden to turn one so young. To take from them the chance to reach there potential. How could one so small protect herself from the cruelties on such a life as Alana's?

"Yes, my brother. I do know what such a thing entails. As I know what a cruel fate it would be for her. I may be darkness itself my brother but I am not without compassion." Alana whispered softly. Her eyes searching the darkened corners for the dread Knight. She could see her ever present shadow stalkers writhing with impatience. They dared not enter Lord Sot's presence.

Alana sighed softly, the regret hung heavy in the air. "How do we now she would see adulthood?" Alana caught herself before she went any further. Could she who held such regret, even contemplate turning a child?

She turned from the child, her hands clenched in anger, betrayed by her own thoughts. Betrayed by her clinging humanity. "Step from the shadows dread Knight of old, and look humanity in the face." Alana gestured to the girl. "Look into the face of fearless innocence."

samantha
Nov 27th, 2002, 11:07:45 PM
Sam looked at Alana wide-eyed. She had heard the whispering and felt cold. So cold. She could see her own breath. She took Alana's clenched hand in her own small one.

"Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry!" Her face had a look of concern, and she followed the womans gaze into the darkness that surrounded them.

Lord Soth
Nov 28th, 2002, 01:50:19 AM
As the death master emerged from the inky shadow's at Alana's request, the shadow's themselves seemed to cling to Soth as he stepped fourth. The strange whispers grew loader as the darkness clutched at the Death Knight's armored form...With a stately stride that deified the law's of gravity, Soth form glided over the smooth polished floor as if he were floating on the air it's self. His deep blue eye's held no emotion, vacant and empty...Pool's that where void of all reflection's...Eye's that remained fixed on those of Samantha's as he neared her tiny frame. The small child now knew the source of evil that pervaded over the chamber's...Strangely enough though, the overwhelming fear she felt only moment's before had left, however, the room's temperature had not wavered.

With one of his pale Vampyre hand's, Soth reached out slowly and took the young girl's chin, softly he let the back of his hand run along her rosy cheek as she slowly recoiled back from him. His very touch was clammy and cold,...Like steel that was exposed to long to the harsh element's of Roon.

"I see a fate that is unavoidable...The kiss of death is already upon her...A youth shattered against her own will...Oh yes Alana,...Bitter regret,...An anguish that will follow her all the day's of her life...And innocence will be her price!..." Soth let his ivory hand slip from Samantha's face; then turning his head sharply towards Alana he finished coldly.

"But the question now is my dear sister,...Will her innocent blood be upon your hand's?..." Soth paused briefly, raising his ashen hand he pointed his index finger at Alana.

"For make no mistake,...The consequence's of it, you will surly reap!" The Death Knight's piercing gaze at that moment seemed to bored right through Alana's own, reading her inner most thought's, laying bare her very soul as an amber glow kindled in the Death Knight eye's...Soth knew the one who granted the child the "Dark Gift" would not only be damning her fragile soul throughout all eternity, but in turn, heaping the curse's of it upon their own head...

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Nov 28th, 2002, 04:34:05 AM
The last That the young vampire had seen Samantha was when she was about to go to sleep, and Dalamar was the one to tuck her in. Ambrose had never know of a Vampire becoming so close with a human. Even Lord Dalamar, Ambrose was shocked that he was becoming akin to her. Like a step father that he could never be. The young apprentice had been ordered by Lord Dalamar to inform the Shrine Guardians of the young girls presence. To let them know that she must not be harmed.

On his way back, to let the Ancient Vampire know that he had accompilshed his task, he did not see him. Instead he heard commotion in the room that was known as Lordess Alana's room. He could tell by the voices that one of them was his master. Lord Soth.

As Ambrose walked into the room, he could see that everyone that had occupied the room at that moment was someone familiar to him. He could see that Alana was there, with Samantha on her lap. Looking like a mother, comforting her daughter from nightmares. But there was something strange. He could feel that what they were talking about was about the girl. Although the girl did not understand. On the contrary, Ambrose understood very well what they were talking about. And The vampire apprentice knew that to turn a living person so young was aginst the laws.

Ambrose immidiatly stood erect on the floor waiting for them to finish their conversation. When the talking stopped Ambrose looked at soth.

"Master, I have informed the Shrine Guardians of the young one's presence. She will not be harmed as long as she is here. The requests of Lord Dalamar, Master."

Ambrose looked at the Death knight, wondering how he was going to react.

samantha
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:43:09 AM
A man came out of the shadows and Sams eyes widened even more. He came to them, and took her face in one pale cold hand. She shivered, and drew back slightly. She stared up at him, not fully understanding what he was saying, but she wasn't afraid. Dalamar had said she would be safe here...and she trusted him.

She turned to look at the other man who entered, one she knew from last night. She smiled a little, then leaned back on Alana, putting her little arms around her neck, burying her head into the womans' cold shoulder.

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:14:31 AM
Alana grasped the child's hand in her own. Eye's of innocence clung to Alana's face. She knew that Soth spoke the truth. The memories that her Uncle Mockadane had implanted in her mind, rushed forward. Drawing blood in the heart of the female vampyre. The hurtful barbs of her past cut deep. Alana longed to give the child a mother who would never die. To offer an eternity of painless love.

"My soul is already damned, dread Knight of old. What was taken from me, Soth. I cannot retrieve. I am a living fallacy my Uncle has created with his own loving hands. "Alana's voice mocked her own words.

Alana turned to Ambrose, her eyes lit with interest at his words. "So Dalamar has decided she is to be protected within our walls." Alana looked down at the child. Her vampyre eyes softened as they moved over her small face. She finally answered the child's worried question. "You have done nothing wrong Samantha." Picking the girl up she walked to Ambrose. "Take her to Dalamar. Tell him to watch her well." She placed the girl into his arms. Her fingers trailing through the fine wisps of hair.

Alana's haunted eyes found those of Ambrose and full understanding passed between them. "Tell him to watch her well." Alana turned away from the child, Hiding from the temptation that flooded her cold heart.

"What of you Soth Nuevole. Do you lie sleepless at the thought of the innocence you have corrupted? Will she one day hate you for giving her the dark night? When she finds that your love is as cold and bitter as the song sung to you?" Softly Alana began to hum, her melodic voice filled the room. Soft wailing joined her voice and reminded the Knight of just who he had been.

"You to wanted to fill a void My brother. What price did you pay. What price does Tatiana pay? One day we all pay for our follies. As you took an innocence to repay those who wronged you, so do I."

samantha
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:23:02 AM
Samantha snuggled into Ambroses arm, not really wanting to leave Alana alone with the strange man with the cold hands. She looked back at her and gave her a warm, child-ish smile before she turned away. She put her head on Ambroses' shoulder and sighed.
"I'm hungry. Can we please go and get something to eat?"

Lord Soth
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:34:56 PM
The air grew thick with awkwardness and the frigid room seemed to drop in temperature once more when Alana's bitter word's reached the ear's of the Death Knight. It was true that Soth had turned Tatiana with less then honorable intention's, darker ambition's that were only known to the dark knight himself. However, the cutting word's forced the truth to the surface of his mind once more as his stern glare followed Alana's stride to Ambrose.

"A woman of age is the difference my dear sister...Her choice was well within the realm's of the law's of our kind." Soth's hollow voice seemed to hiss the word's of recall as his eye's narrowed at Alana. Lie's and deceit from the past formed around the mind of the Vampyre as he continued.

"You would dare take from her what you never had as a child! Robbing her of maturity for the sake of coddling one so young in your selfish absence of motherhood!" The Death Knight forced steel into his word's as wave's of remembrance echoed in Alana's mind. The vision's of year's gone by pressed hard on the embankment's of the enchantress as she paused at Soth's cruel revelation.

"Can we, even as we are Alana, change a past that is unreachable, unchangeable! You would make her into what you never were, what your beloved uncle stole from you so long ago...And in turn,...You do to this young child what you detest and despise so much." Soth let out a mocking laugh as he folded his armored arm in front of him.

"How ironic, the past...Even we are not immune to it's loathsome touch...Always coming full circle to remind us of the sin's we've committed." Soth voice then fell low as he finished. A sweetness then lofted about the room in waves, the bitter stench of decayed rose's; Soth's bitter curse of his own marred past, his reminder and calling card to other's that death was ever so near.

"But you of all us Nosferatu my dear Alana should know that lesson best..." His glowing eye's seethed as he studied her movement,...Her mind.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Dec 4th, 2002, 09:33:27 PM
Ambrose accepts the little girl that was put into his arms by the one who was holding her, not just a minute ago. The young vampire watched as the girl in his arms looked over to the woman who was just holding her. She had the look of a girl who know's what she see's. But does not believe in it. Like a man who had just learned that there is more to life than just what is on the planet he/she is on. As the little girl looked back up at him, he started to bow. But he kept his eyes on his master and the Lordes Alana. When he was standing again, he looked at both of them.

Master, Lordess Alana...I was wondering if one of you would be so gracious as to let me know where I would be able to inform Lord Dalamar of your request. If it is not too much trouble.

Ambrose waited, with the little girl in his arms almost asleep, for an answer from either one of the ancient Vampires. The ones he had come so close to. It was as if the death knight and the Lordess Alana were his relatives.