PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Night (Ceres and Open)

Anthony Scott
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:32:30 PM
It Is You (I Have Loved)
By: Dana Glover

There is something that I see
In the way you look at me
There's a smile, there's a truth in your eyes

But an unexpected way
On this unexpected day
Could it mean this is where I belong
It is you I have loved all along

It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved all along

There were times I ran to hide
Afraid to show the other side
Alone in the night without you

But now I know just who you are
And I know you hold my heart
Finally this is where I belong

It's no more mystery
And it is you I have loved all along

Over and over
I'm filled with emotion
Your love, it rushes through my veins

And I am filled
With the sweetest devotion
As I, I look into your perfect face

It's no more mystery
And it is you I have loved
It is you I have loved

After having said good-bye to Ceres, Anthony paced about in his room for a moment and then went to his unpacked bag of clothes. He pulled out a pair of black leather pants and a clean white short sleeve shirt. What he had been wearing all day was fine, save for the fact that he had been working in it and now different stains were upon the material. He handed Faith a new blue jumper to wear with a white shirt to wear underneath. She took the clothing in her arms and grabbed for herself a pair of new socks with frills along the edges before going into the refresher to change. Anthony quickly changed clothes and put the other pair of pants and the shirt in a hamper he had bought earlier that day. Smiling, he waited for Faith to leave the refresher before going in himself. She did so quickly and he went in to run a comb through his brown shoulder length hair. Having done so and deciding that shaving was not necessary for he had done it earlier that day, he tucked in his white shirt and walked out into the living areas to put on a pair of black boots. Lacing them up, Faith stood by and watched with wide-eyed curiosity. It had been such a long time since the man had been out -- before Faith was born five years ago -- and his heart raced with excitement and anticipation.

"Almost ready to go."

He said softly. After kissing Faith on the cheek, he looked toward her bag of unpacked toys and things, then quickly fetched them for her.

"Play for a few minutes and I'll be right back."

Without getting her approval, Anthony shot to the door and left for what seemed like only a minute, though it had really been close to eight. When he returned, he held two beautiful red roses in each hand, and a bright smile was upon his face.

"Alright, we're ready to pick Ceres up!"

Without further conversation, Anthony placed both roses in his right hand and took up Faith in his left arm. She laced her arms around his neck and he carried her off down the hall, shutting the door with his foot before continuing on in the direction Ceres had pointed him. He rounded the corner and then he saw her standing outside of her door. Smiling, Anthony approached her and rested his deep brown eyes upon her face.

"You look lovely, Ceres. And here, this is for you -- and one for my other pretty lady tonight."

With that he handed one red rose to Ceres and one to Faith. His daughter's face lit up like a lightbulb and he could clearly see now that she had dressed herself without flaw -- for previously it had not crossed his mind. Sighing a bit of relief, he looked back up to Ceres and smiled warmly, the serenity in his presence enveloping the entire hallway.

"Shall we?"

He offered his arm to Ceres and a hand to his little girl.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:51:18 PM
Earlier...

When she got to her room, she took her key out of her pocket and unlocked the door. After getting inside, she gently nudged the door shut and went straight for the closet just off to her left.

This was her first invitation to go anywhere in a very long time, so she was mostly excited that she actually had something to look forward to that wasn't just training or something as simple as taking a walk on a nice sunny day.

Ceres dropped her keys onto the table next to the closet while her other hand opened up the closet door. With one quick look, she made sure the keys had made a perfect landing on the table and didn't slide off onto the ground before searching her closet. Moments later, she tossed out a nice blouse that she had just bought, as well as a pair of tan colored dress pants.

She shut the door after taking off her jogging outfit, leaving her under clothing on and the former outfit folded neatly in the closet. The oufit she had tossed out earlier was on the bed, the pants slowly sliding off the edge of it. She caught it and slipped them on before they could hit the floor, then did the same with the blouse. Unlike many women, she wasn't very picky about what she wore, as long as it was clean and fit the occassion.

She then quickly made her way to the refresher, looking in the mirror as she took her hair down out of the ponytail it was in. She had to run a little water through her hair so that it wouldn't frizz while she brushed it. After brushing it out, she sprayed it with some hairspray so that it would keep it's nice look all night.

Time passed..

.. and Ceres was now outside of her apartment doors, waiting for Anthony and little Faith. She heard the faint footsteps around the corner, getting louder until finally Anthony emerged from around the corner. In his left arm he held his daughter, who was still a smiling ray of sunshine, and in the other hand he held two roses.

She admired how well dressed he was, he was very handsome. And she had not expected him to have flowers with him.

Anthony: You look lovely, Ceres. And here, this is for you -- and one for my other pretty lady tonight.

She smiled, taking the rose that he handed to her, noticing the joy on Faith's face when she too got a pretty flower of her own as well.

Thank you very much, Anthony.

The color of the rose matched the color of her blouse, the way her sleeves settled around her wrists almost looking just like folded rose petals as well.

Anthony: Shall we?

He held out his arm for her slowly, and she took it with quite the sudden shy disposition about her now.

Anthony Scott
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:12:13 PM
"Off we go!"

He smiled as he spoke, but felt her nervousness somehow. Faith grabbed onto her Father's hand and looked up at him with glimmering eyes.

"Where are we goin' daddy?"

She asked with a curious grin, though it was laced with coy intent.

"To a very nice restaurant downtown, and while we're there, I want you to behave, okay?"

The little girl nodded and tried to walk in front of Anthony to catch a glimpse of Ceres. This made the new Jedi man have a problem with his steps, but somehow he managed.

"Ya know what? I think my Daddy is right -- you are very lov -- loverly? What was that word, Daddy?"

She giggled out of embarassment as her brown eyes met those of her Father and she nearly fell over her own feet. Anthony grabbed her up and set her back on her feet and the triple continued on their way.

"Lovely, Faith -- that's the word you're looking for."

He smiled to himself though somehow, he even felt his cheeks go a shade of red. After having walked for a few minutes, the three were at the door to a place that looked like more money had been invested in the writing upon the door than upon the beds in the Living Quarters at the Greater Jedi Order. It was formal, but yet it was relaxed so they had nothing to worry about. Taking his hands and arms back to himself, Anthony opened the door and made way for Faith and Ceres.

"Ladies first."

Simply he stated and smiled as he offered a hand to either of them, for there was a step up into the establishment. He hoped that he wouldn't mess up tonight -- that was his greatest fear. He didn't want to give Ceres the wrong impression or make her feel uncomfortable. He took a deep breath and followed the ladies inside.

Ceres Duvall
Dec 9th, 2002, 01:38:06 AM
Faith: Ya know what? I think my Daddy is right -- you are very lov -- loverly? What was that word, Daddy?

Ceres smiled, reminded of herself from this little girl. She remembered a time when she couldn't quite get new words right either, but still managed to get the point across. When she finally did get the point, her face flushed again. She wasn't used to this sort of this, she had never really been called lovely, mainly because she herself was trapped inside someone else for so long.

Thank you, Faith.

She then looked at Anthony, her voice kind of quieting down without her realizing that it was.

And if you said that to her, thank you too, Anthony.

When they came upon the resturant, she admired how beautiful the structure of the building was. This was one of the many she hadn't visited yet, mainly because she thought it was too extravagent to go to by herself. Or maybe because her childlike heart probably still thought that such finery was meant for princesses and kings.

Anthony: Ladies first.

Ceres took Faith's hand and smiled, doing a little curtsey with a light laugh.

That we are. Shall we, Faith?

Anthony Scott
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:36:23 PM
Anthony followed inside and approached the deskman at the front.

"Name, please."

The man stated dryly before looking up and seeing Anthony. A smile crossed his face and he rose from his seat, extending his hand which Anthony took with a smile.

"Anton! Long time no see! Right this way!"

The man grabbed three menu's and moved out of the desk area, then led the way to a table in a room off to the side. A few other couples and small groups occupied the room which was light by candles and other small dim lights about, giving it a warm appearance. Anthony pulled out two chairs and smiled as the man from the front set the menu's next to the already set plates, glasses, and array of silverware.

"How have you been, Tom?"

Anthony asked with a smile as he waited for Ceres and Faith to sit before him. Once they did, he sat as well and looked up at the man who now had a name.

"Been pretty good! Looks like you ain't half bad you'self!"

He spoke with a strange accent in all he said, but it was friendly and warm, nonetheless. Laughing with a wink, he took a few paces back before turning around.

"Someone'll be with ya shortly."

And indeed, someone was. No more than a minute after Tom had left, a woman with a short black dress and a white apron stood at their table with a note pad in hand.

"I'm Lizoa and I will be your waitress -- can I get you something to drink to begin?"

She looked to Anthony and his eyes came up from the menu. Taking a quick glance to Ceres, he looked back at the waitress and nodded.

"A bottle of your finest Corellian White Wine, and a soda for the cutie over there."

He winked at Faith and the waitress wrote down the order before turning to place it. The Jedi Padawan sat back in his seat and smiled with satisfaction.

"The food here is excellent -- or so I've heard."

It was a mere slip -- there were many things that Ceres did not know of Anthony that he did not wish to discuss at the moment, and there were many things that Faith knew not that he decided it was best not to tell her. The fact that Ceres had mentioned anything to the child about 'princesses' made him uneasy -- but for reasons he did not feel like explaining at the moment.

Ceres Duvall
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:25:52 PM
Ceres looked up from Faith as the man at the front asked for a name, only to be cut off upon seeing Anthony. She figured that he might have come here before, but didn't think too much into it. It only made the atmosphere much more inviting that someone knew Anthony here.

While the waiter spoke with Anthony, Ceres helped Faith into her seat and smiled just as she sat down across from Faith.

Did you choose that outfit out yourself, Faith? It's very pretty.

Tom: Someone'll be with ya shortly.

Ceres looked up at the waiter as he walked off, the waitress coming not too long after he had left.

Lizoa: I'm Lizoa and I will be your waitress -- can I get you something to drink to begin?

Anthony:A bottle of your finest Corellian White Wine, and a soda for the cutie over there.

Ceres smiled again, finding the way that Anthony treated his daughter very refreshing. She had not seen a man so dedicated to making his daughter smile so much on a daily basis, not since her father passed away.

Anthony: The food here is excellent -- or so I've heard.

Ceres wondered for a moment about her earlier prediction, but figured that Tom was probably a friend outside of the restraunt. It was obvious that Anthony hadn't been here before from what he just said.

Good. I've had my incidents with some places with really bad food.

Ceres laughed and put a finger over her mouth, her voice now gaining a rather jokinig air about it.

Just dont tell my aunt that.

Anthony Scott
Dec 28th, 2002, 01:04:58 PM
Anthony had to laugh at everything Ceres said. She was so agreeable and so funny. He was beginning to take a deeper interest in her by the moment. Smiling, he looked across at her before his attention was drawn away by the waitress returning with their drinks. She set a bottle of wine down in the middle of the table, then placed two crystal glasses down beside it. Reaching atop her tray, she retrieved Faith's soda and placed the glass down in front of the little girl. A smile lit up the five-year-old's face as she took a big gulp of the carmel colored liquid.

"And are you ready to order now?"

Lizoa questioned Anthony. He glanced to Ceres and then back to the woman with a nod.

"I will have your stuffed chick breast sauteed subtly with red wine and laced with you finest spices and that neat little green leaf thing that you always put on it -- usually, I mean they do that at places like this."

That was close, he thought to himself before Lizoa winked and finished writing down his order. Faith simply looked at her with a blank stare.

"If you have a cheeseburger, I'll take it."

The waitress laughed and assured Anthony's daughter that they did have what she was looking for. Now Lizoa's attention was drawn to Ceres who had yet to speak.

"And for you, miss?"

Ceres Duvall
Dec 28th, 2002, 04:06:17 PM
Ceres smiled at Faith, then looked at the waitress.

I'll just have what she's having. For some reason, that sounds very good right about now. Haven't had one in a long time.

The waitress nodded and smiled to the trio, writing down the final order from Ceres.

Lizoa: If you need anything else, I'll be in ear shot. We'll get your orders ready as quickly as possible.

With that, she walked off to give the orders to the cooks, taking hurried strides. What a busy bee.

Ceres looked up at Anthony and smiled.

It's a very friendly place here. You have good intuition on good resturants.