PDA

View Full Version : Being Blind Sucks, and doors are aggrivating!(open)

Chance
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:09:57 PM
Chance strolled down one hall of the Living Quarters, his room left closed and locked long behind him. A stiff bamboo cane tapped lightly on the floor ahead of him to alert the blind man of any obsticals.

Chance was bored, rather... he was EXTREMELY bored. There was not much for someone without sight to do around the Coruscant station, couldn't fly a speeder to teh nearest ball game or watch it for that matter.

Tap tap tap tap top--BAM

Chance ran into a door. Again.

"Dangit! Freaking doors, cant see em through the force, and cant hear em with this stupid cane!"

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:23:49 PM
Lilya opened the door to her room a tiny crack, peering out into the hall. A man with dark hair stood in the hall, holding a long stick and rubbing his head. She stepped out, her green-silver gown glimmered slightly. She pushed a few stray strands of golden ringlets behind her pointed ears.
"Hello? Are you alright?"

Chance
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:37:25 PM
Chance snapped his head up when Lilya opened her door, he hadn't ment to walk right into someone's door but the tides turned warily.

"Uh-- Hello, I'm quite alright. Sorry for disturbing you," He hastily spoke, turning somewhat to remove the cane from her doorstep while rubbing his eyes efforlessly. "This place has so many turns it's hard to keep from running into stuff when you cant see,"

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:44:16 PM
She smiled softly. "You didn't disturb me..."

She paused, looking at him curiously. "You can't see? Can't yu use the Force to sense your way around?"

Chance
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:48:11 PM
"Well... It isn't that simple for me.. I can sence the force signatures of people with no problem and move around using that in the Bar. But I can't see doors and stuff like that, it's really weird," Chance replied, looking up at the roof for a moment before back at Lilya, and diverting the subject from out of the blue, "How's your day going so far?"

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:37:40 PM
She blushed. "I'm fine. I was planning on going outside to take a look around the grounds. Would you like to come along? Maybe, if you want, I could help you find your way around?"

Chance
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:16:56 PM
"Sure!" Chance proclaimed, smiling lightly as he cleared enough room (he hoped) for Lilya to come out of the doorway without being constrained for space.

Resting slightly on the cane, Chance waited for Lilya politely..

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:01:29 AM
She stepped lightly out of her room, her soft boots hardly making any noise on the floor. She stood next to Chase and with-out thinking linked her arm in his, with her other hand she drew up the hood of her long gray cloak.
"Lle merna aut ?"

Chance
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:39:27 AM
"Lle merna aut ?"

"Hmm?" Chance murred as the two began to traverse down the hallway, the phrase forienge to his ears.

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:50:05 AM
"Oh, I'm sorry!" She laughed softly, and her cheeks got warm. "Sometimes I forget that not everyone speaks in my native tongue. I asked "Shall we go?""

She looked down, more than a little embarassed at her slip of the tongue. She looked up at him after a bit.
"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name earlier. I am Lilya, padawan to the Lady Dawnstrider."

Chance
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:22:02 PM
Chance chuckled slightly himself, and smiled as the Padwan mentioned Xazor being her master, "I am Chance, Blind Knight and Ex-Padawan to the same Knight who teaches you," he replied, moving the cane forward again.

"Do you enjoy the way she instructs?"

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 30th, 2002, 04:18:04 PM
She smiled sweetly.

"She is very kind. I have yet to have much instruction in the ways of the Jedi. And it's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Chance."

Chance
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:56:05 PM
He gave a slight nod, as well as a smile, "As it is a pleasure to meet you as well, Lilya."

About now the two turned around a corner and continued down the tiled hallways, "I agree, Lady Xazor is as kind as they come, but things do hang over her.. If it wasn't for Xazor and my adopted father, I wouldn't be here today.."

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:26:05 AM
Lilya raised a brow.
"You wouldn't be here? Was your life in some sort of danger?"

Chance
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:40:33 AM
Chance gave a slight tilted nod, "I was near death in a mine camp on a backwater planet, Kanji liberated the camp and brought me to the Acran IV base where I stayed in the infrimary for a few days before Xazor began interacting."

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:05:04 PM
"Oh...." Her brow furrowed a bit, because she had never heard of such a thing; there were no "mine camps" where she had come from. She smiled and gave his hand a light squeeze. "Well, I am glad you are safe now...I can't believe there are places where they would make other slaves."

Chance
Dec 4th, 2002, 08:20:51 PM
"There all over the place, terribly true." Chance replied, returning the slight pressure on his hand with a reassuring squeeze, "As long as there is a power that overwhelms the self preservation of others, I think the camps will continue.. but.. tell me about yourself, please?"

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:07:25 PM
"Um...There isn't much to tell. I am from a planet with no name, on the Outer Rim. I came here and met Lady Dawnstrider, and she helped to show me a new path. The path of the Light. Of the Jedi."
She blushed a little more. "I'm not that interesting..."

ooc. sorry, had no access for a week :\