PDA

View Full Version : Strength Of Self.....(Iago Training I)

Xazor Elessar
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:00:16 PM
A lone figure sat atop a large boulder in the center of the Jedi Academy. At a closer look, one could see her rhythmatic breathing, calm and deep as she drifted through the vast river of the Force. She had left a note for her newest Padawan, Iago Kent, that read as follows:

"Meet me in the Academy at 8:00 in the morning, don't be late. You know not which room I shall be in.....so use your senses to find me."

Absent-mindedly she pushed the wrinkles from her white robes as she continued falling deeper into the Force. Her waist length blonde hair rested in locks known to a few as Garou Warrior Braids. Silver coins were woven into them and cast a glow upon her smiling face as she concentrated deeply....awaiting the arrival of her student. This day would commence his training as a Jedi. It was a proud and honorable day indeed....

Iago Kent
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:34:04 PM
Even though Iago had been out from Almania for over a year, time changes were still difficult to make. It seemed to him that his body reset itself to Almanian Time whenever it wanted to. Although he was used to getting sleep when he needed to sleep, it still felt like 4AM in the morning to him...even if it was 7:55AM.

He stroked his goateed chin and thought about how to 'find' Xazor.

Use your senses, she'd written.

The Jedi Padawan had to think about it for a second. It was then he had a 'flash' in his mind. Xazor sitting on a rock in the middle of a courtyard. She was a figure in white as far as he could tell...giving off a bright light, as a homing beacon.

Iago felt her...he supposed it was a call...and followed it until he reached the door to the courtyard. He tried it, then uttered a low curse. It was locked.

A window nearby gave him entrance to the courtyard and Iago walked to where Xazor was sitting.

It was 7:59AM.

He stood and looked at her.

"Iago Kent here for training."

Xazor Elessar
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:41:55 PM
Xazor knew he was there before he even entered the courtyard. He then stood before her and spoke, though she did not open her eyes to view him. Simply the smile upon her face told Iago she was aware of his presence. After several moments of silence, she decided it right to speak.

"Sit down before me, on that smaller rock, if you will. And good timing, by the way."

He had made it within a minute of her time, and she was proud that he had found her as well as he had, though...the door could have been unlocked from the outside if he had tried harder. She would not put him at fault for it, he had passed two of her three tests. Still smiling, the Knight finally lifted the lids of her eyes and flashed the cyan orbs down upon Iago.

"Welcome to your first day of training. To start off, I seek to know some things of you. First, tell me your name in full, your age, and where you were born. Secondly, tell me what the Force is to you, not what you think I want to hear."

With a slight nod, she awaited his answers with curiosity beaming from her eyes.

Iago Kent
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:26:50 PM
Iago sat, hearing his leather armor stretch as he rested on the rock.

"My full name is Iago Kent. As for age, I believe it translates into 37 birthdays. I am from Almania, although Pydyr, Almania's moon was where I was born."

Now for the difficult part...what did the Force mean to him? He could use it to defend his family, and his country. Isn't that what his father wanted him to do? That was his over all goal.

"I see the Force as a way for me to defend my home and my family. We are beset by the Je'Har, which is why I am here. I was told I had 'the gift' and was told to come here. If you are wondering, it was a woman fair as the morning sunlight. But I do not know her name."

He paused, inhaling the scent of the morning wind as it went through the area.

"I believe I can defend the peace by defeating those who seek chaos and destruction. I wish to defend my family and my home...to me...the Force can help me defend it."

Xazor Elessar
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:57:15 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded. He was absolutely right in all he said, and the Knight could see her Padawan's pure heart in his words.

"Very good...now, do you have any idea as to what the Force actually is and what it does? There is much you must learn, but I want to know if you know anything of it yet."

Iago Kent
Dec 7th, 2002, 01:35:39 AM
Iago's gloved hand when through his hair.

"To my knowledge Xazor, isn't it a part of everything? Holding us together?"

Xazor Elessar
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:49:34 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled gently. He was right, indeed, though his answer was a bit vague. It was a start, and she was proud of him for being honest.

"Very good, and yes, the Force is a part of everything. It flows through you, me, the rocks and the trees. It is what binds everything together. It holds the Galaxies in place and the Universe's in time. Without it, life would cease to exist and we would be meaningless beings. Do you understand or do you have questions?"

Iago Kent
Dec 20th, 2002, 02:51:28 AM
"I was taught to only ask questions when I had them," Iago answered, adjusting the gloves on his hands.

"If the Force holds us and binds us together, then I understand. Although I am not someone who spends his time pondering over those sorts of things. I leave that to the scholars and teachers."

Xazor Elessar
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:01:24 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled gently.

"As do I....."

She winked slightly and then folded her arms over her chest as she eyed her student curiously.

"Tell me, Iago.....do you fight? Do you tend to use more physical means to get your point across? One does not need to sit atop the tall spires and meditate all the day to be a Jedi....there is a small group of us.....the Warriors. I am one of them, my student. Perhaps, would you be interested in following that way or is there something else calling you?"

Iago Kent
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:26:27 AM
Iago thought for a second.

"I just want to be able to protect my family. I've been a fighter all my life. To a degree I suppose I am a bit of a soldier."

Xazor Elessar
Dec 28th, 2002, 12:07:41 AM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded.

"Very good, that's all I needed to know. Now, I want you to close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Then, reach out with everything you are, with every sense you have and search for a river in your mind. It's a river of power...it's the Force. You'll know when you feel it, it's incredible. Once you have felt it, grab onto it and hold tightly."

She said softly and then closed her eyes and fell into the depths of the Force. It was a simple exercise for most, but for some it was quite difficult. Either way, she was here for Iago and would get him through it.