PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Peace....(open)

Anthony Scott
Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:57:18 PM
A lone figure walked down a long corridor in the Jedi Living Quarters, letting his eyes shift from wall to wall -- door to door. He appeared to know where he was going -- though in reality, he had never been here before. Behind the muscular man of 5'10" followed closely a shadow, or so it appeared. A little girl peeked out from behind Anthony and by the look of her, the trees had only changed color five times in her life. She looked about and giggled often, life beaming from every fiber of her being. Anthony echoed this as well, and his enthusiasm for life could be seen even upon the smile beheld in his lips.

"Almost there now."

He said gently, his voice reflecting the same peaceful aura that his soul held. Truly he was a kind man without a blemish upon his heart.

"Right over here!"

Without saying anything else, the pair reached a door at the end of the hallway and he placed his hands upon it -- the doors parted with a hissing sound. After standing back and waiting for what seemed like hours, they entered into their new home to find a large condominium of sorts. There was two bedrooms, a refresher, living room, and a kitchen. Each room held the furnature necessary to live such as beds, couches and chairs, refrigerator, micro-heater, dining table, shelves, and dressers. Many other things for their accomodation rested about in a neat orderly way. Anthony took a deep breath and sighed a bit of relief, setting a bag of clothing down upon the floor. He took the little girl's hand and walked over to the large bay windows along the North wall and from their view they could see every part of Coruscant City. It was incredible and his heart lept into his chest at the sight. He stood there for quite some time like that, having forgotten that the door to his room was still open and Faith was about.

Faith Scott
Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:02:09 PM
The little girl took her hand from Anthony and put them upon the glass of the window, pressing her face against the surface to get a better look of the world below them. It was evident that they were on the very top floor of the Complex, and in a very good location for sights and sounds. With wide eyes, she backed away as a speeder flew a bit to close for her liking. Suddenly she got an idea and decided it was time to explore.

"Ima gonna look over here Daddy, okay?"

She questioned quietly and then wandered off, making her way toward the door. Anthony gave a silent nod, his shoulder length blond hair falling forward toward his face. Faith gently touched his knee, putting a wrinkle in his brown leather pants as she passed by. He absent-mindedly straightened his white shirt and brushed the creases from his pants before resuming his 'staring position'. Faith continued on until she was standing in the doorway, looking out at the vast world that now surrounded her, wondering what she could possibly discover.

Jill Valentine
Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:07:02 PM
Jill wandered down the hallway and knocked on a door. She screamed out, "My name is Jill Valentine, and I am with the S.T.A.R.S special forces team. I am here to ask you some questions if you do not mind. Her shotgun was back at her room. All she had with her was some 9mm rounds and her berretta. She knocked again, "Hello?"

Faith Scott
Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:12:43 PM
As Faith poked her head out the door she saw someone yelling their name and banging on the closed door next to theirs. Gasping silently to herself, the girl backed up a bit but peeked out again -- then cleared her throat slightly and stepped into the hallway. Her 3'5" frame was small compared to the stranger, but she appeared fearless before the woman.

"Well I'm Faith -- Faith, um -- Scott! I'm Faith Scott and I'm this many years old."

She held up her right hand with all five figers pointing toward the ceiling. Smiling somewhat to herself with pride in her eyes, the girl looked back at Anthony and sighed slightly.

"What are ya doin' out here and why are ya yellin' so much?"

Her squeaky little voice asked full of curiosity as she sized up the woman.

Jill Valentine
Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:17:27 PM
Jill turned..and saw a little girl. She was just like Pris. Until those damn monsters got her. Best not to think about that now though. She walked up to the girl, and her beret slid over some. She straightened it out and spoke to the girl, "My name is Jill Valentine. Is your father home? I need to ask him some questions." She flashed her badge to the little girl, "I am policewoman, and I need to speak to him very badly." She smiled and waited for the answer of either the girl or someone else.

Faith Scott
Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:42:23 PM
Faith nodded slightly and looked at the badge, not able to identify a real one from a fake one, so it mattered not to her. Making her way inside their new home once again, she ran over to Anthony and pulled on his shirt slightly.

"Daddy, Daddy! Some strang lady needs to talk to ya!"

She called out with random squeeks in her voice. He looked down at her and smiled, lifting the girl into his arms. He hugged her and walked over to Jill, smiling warmly and filing the room with his gentle presence.

"I'm Anthony Scott, you need to speak to me?"

Jill Valentine
Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:56:04 PM
Jill smiled, "Yes, I need to ask you if you know anything about a bioweapons research company called Umbrella? Anything at all, any names, even if you have heard about it hardly any. You see there bioweapons kill innocent lives. They already took two little girls where I am from. I have been sent by the R.P.D to investigate and ask if anyone knows anything about the company." She smiled, "Your daughter is very pretty." She looked back to him, "Well, do you know anything?"

Anthony Scott
Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:20:20 PM
Anthony listened intently and when the woman asked of a company called 'Umbrella', he shook his head with a look of confusion and an unmistakable sadness in his eyes.

"Who would want to do such a thing? I know nothing of this, but I shall try to find information for you. That's such a terrible thing and I hope that the company is stopped. Thank you for going out and doing this -- it must be frustrating when you hit deadends. Don't loose hope, though. Keep your mind set on the goal ahead and in the end, you'll find the answers you seek."

His words were filled with a wisdom unsurpassed by many others, even if he did not realize it. The serenity found within his presence was something to note -- indeed, he was gifted, though unaware. Smiling down at Faith, he nodded at Jill's comment -- yes, his Daughter was beautiful.

"I wish I could help you further, though."

He stated softly, truly wishing to help with this cause even though he knew nothing of which she spoke about.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 23rd, 2002, 12:32:16 AM
At that moment, Ceres was passing by, on her way to take a small jog around the neighborhood. She stopped and blinked when she heard a familiar voice, the same calm voice that she had met the owner to a few days ago. She looked in Anthony's direction and smiled.

Anthony! I didn't expect to see you here.

Anthony Scott
Nov 23rd, 2002, 02:07:59 PM
Suddenly a familiar voice rang out threw the hall and it caused Anthony to turn his head. A warm smile immediatly came over his lips as he set his deep brown eyes upon the woman he had met at the Bar and Grill three days prior.

"Ceres! Truly this is a happy surprise for myself as well. What are you doing up here?"

He questioned, wondering if perhaps her room was close to his or she was just taking a walk. Faith wiggled out of his arms and jumped down to the floor, than ran over to the other woman and smiled brightly. Her brown eyes, a reflection of Anthony's, beamed up at Ceres.

"Who are yoooou?"

She said with wide eyes as her thoughts tried to trace a memory of this woman. Surly she had not met her before -- and Ceres would have no idea who she was either. This was Anthony's great 'need' when he had to leave.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:00:11 PM
I live in this building. I was just about to go out for a walk since I've got some free time.

She heard a tiny little giggle from Anthony's arms, and didn't have any idea of where it came from until a little girl hopped to the floor. She was quite the little cutey, and this made Ceres' smile wider. She loved children, mainly because at heart she still was one herself.

Faith: Who are yoooou?

Ceres knelt down and sat on her ankles so that she could talk to the little girl without having the little girl look up at such a tall woman.

I'm Ceres. And who might you be?

Faith Scott
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:12:23 PM
Faith giggled to herself, quickly putting both of her small hands over her mouth to surpress the noise. Her wide brown eyes flickered up to Ceres's as the woman knelt down to match her height. This made the little girl feel quite at ease in the woman's presence. Dropping her arms to her sides, the girl grinned to herself.

"I'm Faith -- um -- Scott! Faith Scott is my name!"

She always had a hard time remembering her last name, but took pride when she did and felt the need to tell everyone. Looking back to Anthony, she caught his unmistakable smile of approval.

"Ya know what, Miss Ceres? You're a pretty lady!"

Faith giggled out of her own embarassment, for the words sometimes just fell out of her mouth. She was naturally honest though, and spoke her mind.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:26:07 PM
It's very nice to meet you, Faith. Thats a very lovely name, I wish I had it.

She looked up towards Anthony, putting two and two together in her mind. This must be his daughter, or maybe a neice. Either way, the little girl was very charming.

Faith:Ya know what, Miss Ceres? You're a pretty lady!

Ceres smiled and looked back at Faith, putting a single finger to the child's nose.

Thanks, but I'm not as pretty as you are. You remind me of a princess I once read about.

Faith Scott
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:38:06 PM
Faith blushed, casting a rose red color to her cheeks. She looked over her shoulder at Anthony and giggled before turning back to the woman.

"Thank you Miss Ceres -- I like my name too! But yours is neater!"

Her improper grammer was cute in many aspects, and she did not realize how terrible it really was. For being five, though, the child possessed vast knowledge, partly due to her travels with her Father.

"A princess?! I wish I was a princess, Miss!"

She exclaimed with a bright smile and beaming eyes. Story after story about princesses had been read to her by her Father and she could not help but drift off into thinking of them, putting herself right into the plot line.

"If I was a princess -- that would make my Daddy the King!"

Another giggle escaped her lips as she looked over at Anthony once again and then back at Ceres. Suddenly an idea swept the little girl without her even thinking much.

"Oh! And -- and you could be the Queen! I would like that, 'specially much, Miss Ceres! Maybe -- maybe could you come and read a book like that to me sometime?"

She questioned with such enthusiasm one would think the child would burst at the very seams she was made of.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:43:59 PM
Faith: A princess?! I wish I was a princess, Miss!

Every little girl is a princess. At least thats what my mom used to tell me, because every little girl is special in her own way.

Ceres smiled, enjoying the bright personality of Faith. It made her feel more at home in this place.

Faith:If I was a princess -- that would make my Daddy the King! Oh! And -- and you could be the Queen! I would like that, 'specially much, Miss Ceres!

The comment took her by complete surprise, and she didn't realize that her face was almost completely pink. She simply smiled as Faith requested that she come over to read her a book sometime.

I would be glad to. It depends on if your dad doesn't mind me taking over reading you a book just this once.

Anthony Scott
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:55:07 PM
Anthony too was blushing slightly at Faith's words. He smiled and moved closer to the little girl, kneeling down to be at her side and match the height of Ceres now.

"I don't mind -- if you wish to, you're presence is more than welcome here."

He said softly, setting his deep brown eyes fall upon hers once again. There was something about the way he looked at her -- perhaps one could insinuate other things into it, but there was complete and utter serenity in his gaze as if he knew no worry or fear about his future. Something about her being there felt -- right.

"We should have dinner sometime -- we'll just have to watch those clumsy droids!"

He laughed to himself and hoped that she was not embarassed still about what had happened.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:00:24 AM
All of the offers made her very happy, since she had been rather lonely sitting in her apartment and doing nothing on her own free time. Sometimes going to the bar and grill got old, at least by herself.

Alright. A book and dinner sounds nice. Better than reading a book by myself, huh?

She smiled at Faith and set a hand on her shoulder.

You look a lot like your daddy. And I can already see that you make him very proud.

Anthony Scott
Nov 24th, 2002, 05:39:29 PM
Anthony smiled gently and Faith giggled with bright eyes looking between the two. Silence seemed to engulf the hallway, but it was not awkard and uncomfortable as he had remembered silence being in the past.

"Maybe we could go for that dinner now -- I'm a bit hungry -- how about you? I could stop by your room at 7 or so and head off then? I have a good idea where to go and it isn't Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill."

He said gently, recalling in his mind a very nice restaurant he had visited the day previous. Though not having eaten there, he did think it to be quite lovely and decided it was a good place to go this evening, if Ceres would accept his invitation.

Ceres Duvall
Nov 24th, 2002, 05:44:27 PM
Ceres realized that she was still kneeling on the ground, so she stood up and nodded.

Alright. That will give me enough time to change.

She was wearing what she usually wore when she jogged, which was something she wouldn't feel comfortable wearing out to dinner.

She smiled at Faith then to Anthony.

I'll see you two later, then.

She waved her fingers to Faith, then turned back in the direction of her apartment.

Oh! That reminds me, my apartment is just around the corner up here, to the left. I'll be waiting outside so you don't get lost.

Ceres smiled and waved once more before disappearing around the corner.

Anthony Scott
Nov 24th, 2002, 05:49:26 PM
Anthony smiled once again and noded slowly, not able to believe that she had accepted his invitation so readily.

"Great! I'll see you then!"

He called after her and waved before turning and picking up Faith, hugging her closely.

"I really like that lady, Daddy! She's very very very nice!"

Anthony laughed to himself and nodded in reply to his daughter's words.

"I think so too -- she has a good heart."

With that they walked past Jill who was still standing there watching everything. Anthony felt so bad for having ignored her the whole time he spoke to Ceres, so he bowed slightly to her and smiled apologetically.

"I'm sorry that I know nothing of what you speak -- I wish I could help you Miss. If I find out anything, though, I will seek you out. Thank you for keeping up on the case."

He said gently and then entered his room and shut the door to get ready for dinner in an hour.

ooc: Oh yeah, check your PM's, Ceres! :)

Ceres Duvall
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:02:38 PM
OOC Decided to post the former post in this spot in the other thread.

Anthony Scott
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:05:06 PM
ooc: Hey, check your PMs, Ceres. I'm going to start a new thread in the RPing section, okay? :)

Ceres Duvall
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:18:53 PM
OOC Just did, thanks. Usually I have a pop up telling me I have a message but this time it didn't pop up for some reason. And okay. :D

Anthony Scott
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:47:27 PM
:lol Okay! No prob!

IC:

Continued: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=432433#post432433