PDA

View Full Version : There can be only two?

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:02:04 PM
http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5538635%255E15306,00.html

I find that particular artile interesting - for a while, in Australia at least - X-Box has been coming with some really good deals. There was a racing pack that was pretty compelling, plus it has been marketed well. What it shows is that the X-Box, in Australia at least has gained traction, which is what it needed to attract good ames to the system.

Have to admit, even as a casual at best gamer, the X-Box is looking better and better, esp when it doubles as a good quality DVD player. Yes, I know the PS-2 does as well... but it dont seem to me to be as good.

Whats sales like in the USA? Anyone know?

Oriadin
Nov 25th, 2002, 05:56:34 AM
Im pretty sure the Xbox is doing well all over the world except in Japan. PS2 is miles ahead of everyone in all areas. The GC is beating the Xbox in Japan but in other places, I think its struggling to make its mark. In Europe the Xbox has got some pretty decent pakages with games and controlers, memory cards and what not bundled with the system so GC is suffering.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 25th, 2002, 01:59:00 PM
The PS2 is a comparatively rotten DVD player. I'm gonna have to buy a console when Soul Calibur 2 comes out =[

Oriadin
Nov 26th, 2002, 04:16:51 AM
mmmmm Soul Calibur

imported_Grev Drasen
Nov 27th, 2002, 08:35:06 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend a Ps2 for watching dvds. Not sure about the Xbox, but it's gotta be better than the Ps2. Although I don't own an Xbox personally, whenever a game is released on all three consoles I notice the Xbox version always gets the better review.

I still favor the Ps2, mostly due to the GTA series. As for the Gamecube, the gamers in Japan are biased, so naturally they're going to favor the Nintendo product. Their games just don't appeal to me, you can only redo Mario so many times.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 27th, 2002, 08:45:14 PM
I still favor the Ps2, mostly due to the GTA series.

The PC has, and always will do a better job at GTA. Came out here first.

imported_Grev Drasen
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:30:59 PM
I don't like the idea of playing GTA with a keyboard, and I don't have reason to spend money for a controller.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:55:18 PM
PFfft HAHAHAHHHAHAHA.

I don't have reason to spend money for a controller.
heh.

Sorry, but have you ever heard of eXPSE, ZNES, Gens, or MAME?

Lady Vader
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:08:07 PM
The X-Box does a rather good job as substituting as a DVD player. It may even have some features that regular DVD players may not have (i.e. zoom option... really handy when you're trying to read the pin-sized credits).

I also like the feature where you can record an entire music CD into the X-Box and have it play in substitute for whatever music comes with the X-Box games. It's a nifty feature if you think a certain game's music sucks (I myself have used the LOTR soundtrack countless times while playing NFS: Hot Pursuit 2... quite fun :lol)

imported_Grev Drasen
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:02:55 PM
Is the remote a necessity for watching dvds on Xbox, or can you just use the controller?

Morgan Evanar
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:20:49 PM
Need the remote.

Oriadin
Nov 29th, 2002, 04:49:00 AM
Yeah, I think thats a bit of a con. You pay x amount for a console that comes with a DVD player you cant use unless you buy the remote.

Sean Piett
Dec 10th, 2002, 06:39:08 PM
I heard GTA on PC was absolutely horrible. People attempted to sue Rockstar for a patch.

AmazonBabe
Dec 10th, 2002, 07:35:21 PM
Need the remote.

Are you sure? I coulda sworn i heard somewhere you could use the controler...

I'll have to ask my friend who owns an X-Box with remote and controlers.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:55:59 AM
That's why I liked the PS2 DVD player. I have never seen DVDs played on the X-Box so I can't compare the two. PS2 at least lets you use the controller. It find the controller easier to use than a DVD player remote.

Sorus
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:45:45 AM
I like my $2000 sony system for dvds...