PDA

View Full Version : A Sliver Of Faith...(open)

Faith Scott
Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:35:29 PM
Upon the streets of Coruscant a man standing about 5'10" walked with a bundle in his arms. This bundle moved ever so slightly, and when one looked closer, they could see it was a little girl about the age of five. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her bright brown eyes glanced upon everything she could possibly see as they made their way toward an establishment called Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. Of course, the man had been there once before, and he decided to return, but this time he was bringing a 'guest'.

"Daddy Daddy! Where are we goin'?"

The little girl asked with immense excitement evident upon her voice. She smiled and pulled away from the man to look upon his face, then with a hand she pulled free, she pushed his shoulder length brown hair from the side of his face to behind his ear.

"We're going to a place I visited the other day -- before I joined the Jedi Order. It's called 'Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill' and there are a lot of nice people inside, okay Faith?"

Anthony questioned with a grin on his face. There was food there and he knew that she would get something good to eat, now that he had some more money in his pocket.

"Okay Daddy! Sounds like fun!"

Just then, they pushed through the doors of the Bar and Grill and the guards did not even bother stopping the man -- they had seen him a few days previous and knew he carried no weapons, so they let him pass. Moving through some crowds, the two found an empty booth and Anthony set the girl down in her place. She curiously looked out the window and then at all the people, occasionally pointing at aliens that walked by and those that were carrying weapons such as Lightsabers or Railguns. The rules on the wall told the reasons these people carried weapons -- ranks of special sorts were issued among the Jedi and of something he had never heard of: the NRSF. Still curious, the pair let their eyes wander about the establishment, wondering what would become of this day.

Anthony Scott
Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:43:49 PM
"Baby, don't point. You know that's not nice."

The gentle voice of Anthony spoke in its Baritone sound. He smiled softly and took her hands down from the air and looked into the brown eyes that mirrored his own. His heart swelled at the sight of his little girl, and he took pride in her. Still, he was a bit nervous about the Jedi Order and what they would think of him once they found out he had a child and she would need to be with him wherever he went. It was not by shame she was born though -- for his Wife had died and so now the pair was on their own. Surprisingly enough, though, much misfortune had struck Anthony's life -- yet, he remained calm and gentle, not hinting to a soul that anything had ever gone wrong down his path. As he looked out the window, a serving droid came by their table and beeped several times, requesting an order.

"I'll have a cheese pizza and two mugs of Namana Cider, please."

He requested and the droid wheeled away to place the order, leaving the Father and Daughter sitting again, deep in thought and wonderment about this new place, their new homes. There was a sliver of faith in their lives though, that all would be well -- they belonged once again.

Straffe Stormrider
Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:40:15 PM
Straffe had seen this bar many times and this time it was the same thing. Many different species of alians gathered in the small place. HE sat at the bar minding his own business when he had noticed a little girl at a table. At first he thaught she was all alone untill he saw a man sitting with her. Straffe thaught it quite odd to bring a child to such a place. He walked up and introduced himself

"Hello sir...mis. I am Straffe Stormrider. I saw you from afar and I was woundering why you had braught a child to this place? IF you do not wish to discuss it, I understand"

He extened his hand to show his warmth towards the two. A smile spread across his face as he couldnt help how adorible the young child was.

Faith Scott
Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:43:29 PM
Faith giggled to herself as the man spoke and she looked over at Anthony with questioning eyes.

"Daddy -- what does that man want?"

She whispered, or so she thought. After speaking over to her Father, the little girl looked up slowly and brought her mischievous eyes to rest upon Straffe.

"You're funny lookin', Mister."

The girl said with an innocence only a child could possess. Of course, she was being honest and meant no harm in the words. Quickly Anthony took her hand and immediatly brought her attention to him, a silent reprimand upon his features.

Anthony Scott
Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:46:44 PM
Anthony shook his head ever so slightly and then smiled gently on the little girl before letting go of her hand and looking up at Straffe.

"She is my Daughter and wherever I go, she goes as well. I see no harm in it, Sir. Please, join us though, we have food and drink coming."

And indeed it came. Just as Anthony spoke, the droid returned with a large cheese pizza and instead of two mugs, there was a whole pitcher of Namana Cider and three mugs. The man smiled and rearranged everything upon the table, creating room for everything and everyone to sit around it.

"I'm Anthony Scott and this is my pride and joy, Faith."

He said, extending his own hand to the stranger who had approached their table.

Rinoa Heartilly
Nov 23rd, 2002, 08:59:21 AM
"I see you know how to treat your kids." a cheery voice called from over Anthony's shoulder.

A woman in a blue dress walked up, smiling at the girl whose head barely poked above the table. Rinoa was eyeing the pizza. Her parents had always made her eat fancy meals, but now that she'd moved out, she was on a strict junkfood diet...

...and good riddance...

Anthony Scott
Nov 23rd, 2002, 02:21:23 PM
Anthony smiled as he looked over his shoulder to where the voice originated from.

"Thank you dear friend, I would not treat her any other way."

He said softly, winking over toward Faith before turning back to the woman.

"Would you care to join us as well? There is plenty for all and I can order more if need be."

By nature he was this way and knew no other way to be but kind, caring, and totally at peace. Even through the tradgedies that had struck his life, he had always been this way. A gentle smile remained upon his lips as his warm brown eyes looked upon these two new strangers who seemed to glow with an aura of the Light. He wondered if they too were Jedi.

Rinoa Heartilly
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:22:23 AM
"I'd be honored..." Rinoa replied, and she reached out with the force and drew up a chair from a nearby table.

Straffe Stormrider
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:33:33 PM
Straffe gladly sat down beside the young child as a woman was invited to join them. He couldnt help but smile at the childs innocence. He then turned himself towards the father

"I wish I had a caring father like you...I guss she dosnt realize how lucky she is. To have someone like yourself in her life"

Straffe hung his head as he thaught of the memories of his own family, before he left for the order. He had prayed for his father and mother to come back to him but that was impossible. A slight tear rolled down his cheek as he had flashbacks of his youth. He quickly wiped them away and put a smile on to show them everything was alright