PDA

View Full Version : Castle on a Cloud

Gitane Blesse
Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:52:14 PM
She loved the rain. The smell, taste, feel, and sound of it all. Her hair glued across her cheeks with moisture, Gitane sat crosslegged in the little garden in front of the apartment building she lived in with Elena, her "mother". Her nose wiggled as a droplet of water creapt up it, before sneezing, and continuing with weaving together a chain of bright, tiny flowers. Thunder rolled in the distance as lightning split the sky, the little girl oblivious to all that was happening around her.

Eve Siren
Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:57:33 PM
The train departed. Eve was late. She cursed out loud as she ran on the tracks behind the train. Having an enhanced body, it was easy enough to catch the train, but the rain was tiring. The drops weren't cold, but they were big and heavy on her head and shoulders. Finally, she reached the back of the train. She hopped on the steps and opened the door, pushing all of her wet brown wavy hair on one side. She put her hands together on her hair and squeezed it between her palms to dry them up faster. Suddendly, something caught the corner of her eyes. A little girl.

".... ?"

Gitane Blesse
Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:04:40 PM
The scientists had done their best to remove memories left from the woman Gitane was created from, but subconsciously, several remained.

The thrilling whistle of a passing train caused the child to look up. A woman was standing on the small platform of the caboose. A grin spread quickly across her face and she hopped up onto her feet, sending up a splash of mud that coated over her chunky boot. Gitane started running toward the train, her hand reaching through the chainlink fence that posed as a guard for the train tracks.

"Eve!"

Eve Siren
Nov 23rd, 2002, 08:06:04 AM
"Eve!"

Eve's eyebrow arched in confusion. She kneeled down to take the little pale-green hand, her gaze locked on the little person yelling her name. Though she was confused and curious, one part of her was sad. This girl looked so much like Gitane, her sister. She missed her.

"Hello .." She said with a failed attempt of being cheerful, but she forced a smile on her lips.

"Who might you be ?"

Gitane Blesse
Nov 23rd, 2002, 08:33:17 AM
"Gitane," She said, a childish smile lighting up her face. Her fingers wiggled a little in Eve's hand as she tilt her head. She'd never seen this woman before, yet she felt like what Deigo had explained to her. A friend.

"Gitane Cherise Blesse," she added with a proud tone.

Eve Siren
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:11:04 AM
Gitane Cherise Blesse.

Eve's eyes widened. How could this be ? Was this really the Gitane she knew ? She squeezed the girl's hand gently, her eyebrows arching, she couldn't understand.

"How could this be ? Are you the Gitane I knew ..?" Her voice trailed off.

Gitane Blesse
Nov 23rd, 2002, 02:44:29 PM
"I'm Elena's daughter," the little girl replied, her forehead leaning against the fence, her headband making a light clink.

"At least that's what the science lady told me."

Eve Siren
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:44:49 AM
"Elena's daughter ?"

Eve couldn't understand. She squinted her eyes, trying to figure things out but didn't take her gaze off of the little Gitane.

"What science lady ?"

Gitane Blesse
Nov 25th, 2002, 02:13:15 PM
"The one that was in the big shiny room when I woke up," Her face remained lit with a cheerful smile, although her eyes grew a bit saddened that she couldn't tell the woman more than that.

"She said that my name was Gitane Cherise Blesse. And she gave me this," she tapped a finger against her bulky headband, the little machine bleeping "awake". "It told me I was made for Elena and that I'm her daughter. Then the lady gave me a little board thing and told me where to go," she finished. In her childish mind, it was all common sense.

Eve Siren
Nov 25th, 2002, 04:08:57 PM
Eve grunted as she stood up and locked her fingers on the chained fence. A science lady ? I don't understand. She thought. But I don't need to understand - Nobody tampers with my Gitane's body. A large angry frown drew on her lips as her eyebrow arched, she tore the fence apart with her fingers. After she was done, there was a huge opening and stepped through it. She looked down at the little girl.

She wasn't sure what to do anymore. What to do and especially what to believe.