PDA

View Full Version : A Peaceful Journey

Anthony Scott
Nov 20th, 2002, 09:10:30 PM
The large doors to the Jedi Recruitment Center opened ever so slightly as a figure surrounded by an aura of light entered through them.

"I've finally reached it -- the Jedi Recruitment Center."

His soothing voice rang out around him, quiet yet holding a sense of dignity. A smile crossed the man's lips as he paced into the large complex a bit further and set his gaze upon groups of people, chattering together with happiness lacing their words. Without noticing much, the man ran both of his hands through his shoulder length brown hair and then down to remove the slight wrinkles from his brown leather pants. He brushed off his white shirt and straightened out a strange piece of jewelry hanging from his neck. Overall his appearance was peaceful and ever so calm. He was not anxious nor worried, and instead, he held his head high but with a sense of humilty.

"I shall be patient until someone can speak with me. I've waited so long for this -- a few extra minutes will not slow me down."

He spoke softly to himself, then folded his hands behind his back and took interest of one of the many paintings upon the wall. Its colors flowed together as if naturally that way, and it shouted volumes to those who wished to hear its words. He continued eyeing it curiously, canting his head to the side and becomming completely enveloped in it as he waited.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 20th, 2002, 09:21:40 PM
"Excuse me? Can I help you?"

A soft voice came from behind the young man looking at the painting upon the wall. He turned around after a moment and smiled....his features were laced with an unmistakable peace. Xazor bowed and then let her cyan eyes rest gently upon his deeper brown ones.

"I'm Xazor Dawnstrider, Warrior Jedi Knight of this Order. I couldn't help but notice that you're new here."

She said softly, pushing back the waist length blonde hair full of Garou Warrior Braids. The silver coins in them clanged together softly and cast a wave through her white robes as they came to rest upon the smooth fabric.

"You seek to become a Jedi, yes?"

Anthony Scott
Nov 20th, 2002, 10:54:59 PM
Anthony set his eyes upon the woman and he couldn't help but smile. He had seen her face somewhere before, but could not put his finger on it. Where do I know her from?, he thought to himself with a curious expression on his face.

"Yes -- yes, I do seek to become a Jedi. I'm Anthony -- Anthony Scott. It's an honor to meet you, Master Xazor."

He said with a genuine glow about him, awaiting her words in reply.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 21st, 2002, 02:14:50 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded, extending her hand to the man. He took it and as he did, a strange surge of serenity passed from his flesh to hers. She looked at him for a moment before taking her hand back to rest upon the other at her belt.

"But will you be able to finish what you start? This life is most difficult. You will be hated and hunted by many...yet needed and sought after by all. Is that what you want, Anthony?"

She did not intend to frighten him away but he had to know the facts before committing to such a life.

"The Jedi Code is not meant to be broken...."

Anthony Scott
Nov 21st, 2002, 02:24:23 PM
Anthony smiled once again as he caught her look of surprise as they shook hands. He hoped that he had not done something wrong, though he did not feel as though that was the case. Her words were well said but he had already considered everything she put before him.

"Yes -- I understand what you're saying to me and I do accept this life. It is what I need to do -- this is who I am. I will finish what I begin and then I will pass my gained knowledge unto others. Master Xazor, my whole life I have devoted to keeping the peace. For some reason, I've been given a gift of doing so with just my presence. I don't fully understand it all yet, but I know that this is the path I'm intended to take."

He said with confident resolve in his gentle baritone voice. He smiled once again and let his deep brown eyes rest upon her face and honest appearance. He knew she would not judge him wrong -- he knew he'd become a Jedi soon.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 21st, 2002, 02:30:54 PM
Xazor could just feel something about the young man standing before her. She smiled, baring her elongated canines once again, and then bowed her head in respect.

"Indeed, I have felt the calming effects of your presence. I was there the day the fight broke out in front of the Bar and when you walked through the doors, I knew you were different. There's something familiar about you, and I don't know what it is, but....there just is."

She said thoughtfully, letting her words sink into her own mind for several moments before setting her eyes on his in gentle resolve.

"I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. You may find a room for yourself in the Living Quarters and enjoy the great food and drink at Yog's as I'm sure you've already seen. Also, visit the Academy...you might want to watch others train as a Master is found to train you. Above all though, remember the promise you made."

The Garou paused again and smiled at him.

"If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to find me. And...may the Force be with you."

Anthony Scott
Nov 21st, 2002, 02:33:50 PM
Anthony smiled broadly at the Jedi Knight's words. He felt his heart swell up within his chest as he took an easy breath to control the inevitable joy that came from this day.

"Thank you Master -- I shall be eternally greatful to you. I may take you up on your offer sometime as well. For now, I'm off to make my home in the Living Quarters. Thank you again and may the Force be with you as well."

He said softly, bowing deeply to the woman before turning and making his way out of the large complex. He knew not where he was going, but figured that signs on the wall and other people about could help him to the Living Quarters. It mattered not if he got lost, for he was where he was meant to be -- and this was his home now.