PDA

View Full Version : Is there a doctor in the house?

Fiend
Nov 20th, 2002, 08:55:59 AM
:: I stood at my old laboratory. I was waiting for the old man to get here so I could just get the info I needed. I knew he was a genius in these things but he didn't have to be late.::

Armaiil Kryatir
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:28:42 PM
The doctor paced silently through the halls, taking his time, observing the facility. It was on a par with his own, if not better. He would have to see about acquiring it from this...Fiend. At the end of the corridor he could see the man, waiting impatiently.

"What do you require?" he asks as he steps through the door.

Fiend
Nov 26th, 2002, 08:34:57 PM
:: I tossed a vial into the air towards the man.::

developement of these, my babies.

:: I laughed before turning back to the doctor.::

They're called Fiend cells, my own cells saturated with the darkside to extreme levels that they become like ameobas and attack other living cells until destroyed. But I maintain a low control over them. I need more study done on them. Studies that I do not know how to accomplish, unfotunately I am not very experienced in this area. I have been reading more and more but it seems not enough.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:57:02 AM
The doctor snatches the vial from the air with a natural ease and holds it up to the light, squinting at its contents. The contents are black, and shine dimly in the light. The entire contents seem to be moving on their own.

"Well, let's see what we can do."

He steps toward the counter where a microscope was sitting. He turns it on and takes a slide, a slip of clear plastic, and a syringe from the racks set on the counter against the walls. He pushes the syringe through the stopper, acquires some cells, and puts them on the slide, covers them, then puts them under the scope.

"Well now."

It is clear that Armaiil is surprised. Pleasantly surprised, one would say.

Fiend
Dec 1st, 2002, 02:54:59 PM
:: The doctor observes the cells through the microscope for a few minutes as I turn on a console and began to scroll through my last few projects ran here.::

The cells act like cingular organisms, like ameobas until I "push" them to do certain things. Then they act like a hive collective. They become parasitic symbiotic and begin a partnership with the host that usually has more advantages to me than anyone else. But I've noticed that will to resist would be the only thing that can stop them. you don't want to kill them because they have permenantly attached to the host but if fought off for long enough mentally... They fail.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:44:16 PM
"They fail, if mental resistance is strong enough? How is it that they fail? Do they simply cease to function? Do they die?"

Fiend
Dec 3rd, 2002, 10:22:45 PM
They waste away and become normal protein that a living cell would eventually eat once they die. I say die but its as if each Fiend cell has its own "will" or endurance that it can stand. It fights long enough, and if it cannot "steal" enough of the will of the other cel, it dies.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 4th, 2002, 08:38:33 AM
"Hm...I see, I see..." the doctor mumbles. "Let's test this, shall we?"

An Altered Being shambles in and stand next to Armaiil, eyeing the room and the newcomer stupidly. Armaiil injects it with Fiend cells and sits back to watch what happens.

Fiend
Dec 6th, 2002, 03:12:14 PM
:: I cross my arms with a smile as the being starts as it is injected with the Fiend cells. I knew it would take a few mintues for the cells to circulate through the system but I could already feel them awaken as they developed within their new host.::

give it time, I wonder, how strong willed are your creations?

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 7th, 2002, 12:53:20 AM
The being curls and shrieks, apparently its in alot of pain. It writhes on the floor, coughs up some blood, then stands calmly, eyes glowing a dull red.

"Apparently this one is not very strong willed at all."

Fiend
Dec 7th, 2002, 09:48:03 PM
:: The being stood for a moment before mimiking my smile with its own twisted mouth.::

Apperantly not. But I need a quicker way for this to develop within the subject's body. This takes too long and I need more aggressive Fiend cells. Is that possible?

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 8th, 2002, 12:50:47 AM
"It is entirely possible. But work on such a minute level will be long and tedious. I'll need highly specialized equipment, and also the DNA of an aggressive being. Actually, I believe I have just the person to assist...if you don't mind, that is."

Fiend
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:08:51 AM
I don't mind at all, in fact, I have an offer for you Doctor. I offer whatever, whatever you might need and whatever is wanted to continue your experiments and to work along with my own. I would require your intelligence in the times to come and I would be more than acceptable to give you subjects to work on, and protection from anything that might hinder your projects. And I only ask in return that you do research and experiments occaisonaly for me.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:10:24 PM
Ooh, the opportunity to excel in what he loved.

"Deal! Now, let's see...Anuberis! Come here!"

Anuberis
Dec 8th, 2002, 06:12:30 PM
Anuberis looked in, he had come with his mentor on this trip as a potential bodyguard from Fiend. Now that it seems he is no threat, but instead an ally, his prescence is almost unnecessary.

"What is it?"

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 9th, 2002, 01:33:33 PM
The doctor takes a scalpel and cuts him lightly, just enough to get some cells. These he places into a vial and then into another machine, one which will manipulate genetic code. He hacks the boy's genes, finds where his aggressive nature comes from. He isolates it and removes it, then starts to multiply it.

"While we're waiting, Fiend, tell me this: Are you alone in this venture, or do you have allies?"

Fiend
Dec 9th, 2002, 03:50:20 PM
:: I smiled and looked up at the ceiling, absently counting of my fingers.::

I would say yes, I have allies. But in the venture of studying the cells, you and I are the only one. But I have many subjects working for me that I think you would be interested in.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:21:31 PM
"Subjects?"

Now he's got the mad doctor's attention.

"What...kind...of subjects..." he asks, not bothering to mask the sadistic anticipation in his voice.

Fiend
Dec 10th, 2002, 04:07:15 PM
One in particular, a fallen jedi named Ansatsu. He already has bionic implants an is fused with a cybernetic implant of my own that saturated him to a high degree with Fiend cells. He would be a very interesting project I would think, and any advances you can give him would be expected also.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:06:01 PM
"Bionics!"

The doctor barked out a laugh.

"I haven't done bionics in a long time...it would be good to see how far my skills have degenerated, and to see what improvments could be made."

Fiend
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:42:43 PM
:: I nodded::

I wouldn't mind that and I'm sure he wouldn't either. I will be sure to send him to you right away. But I will leave you to your studies. Before I leave, will you accept my offer?

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:10:40 PM
"I did already, but I may as well do so again. I offer my services, as well as the strength of Anuberis."

Fiend
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:30:31 PM
:: I nodded.::

Alrighty then, its just good to double check on these things. will return shortly wen you are finished. You will be recieving funding through a credit account one of my people will deliver and I will require an update often.

:: I turned around and walked out the door. I was finished for now but I would be back later for urgent results, maybe even a surprise or two.::

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:11:49 PM
At last, the gene containing aggression was prepared, and he settled himself near a machine similar to the scope, but meant for an entirely different purpose: The alteration of genes on a smaller scale.

"Settle in," he said to no one in particular. "This one calls for an all-nighter!"